PDA

View Full Version : Attendance

hibeesjoe
13-10-2014, 09:18 AM
According to the BBC our attendance was only 7923. It looked like there was maybe only 100 Dumbarton fans. I'm not sure of the official season ticket sales but I wonder if its possible we only had a couple of hundred hibs walk ups.

The club must be hemorrhaging money if that's the case. Unless results improve you wonder how bad it can get.

kentao
13-10-2014, 09:27 AM
If we struggle against Livi and get beat of Hearts i can see attendances plummeting. Clubs only got itself to blame, The fans are tired of getting kicked in the staines time after time, Everytime we turn up in numbers we`re let down by the imposters on the pitch.

These changes they talk about need to start first with changing the product and results on the park and the rest will take care of itself.

HH81
13-10-2014, 09:33 AM
According to the BBC our attendance was only 7923. It looked like there was maybe only 100 Dumbarton fans. I'm not sure of the official season ticket sales but I wonder if its possible we only had a couple of hundred hibs walk ups.

The club must be hemorrhaging money if that's the case. Unless results improve you wonder how bad it can get.

The club are charging the same price as last year and the players must be on lower wages. We got crowds that bad in the SPL.

Speedy
13-10-2014, 09:46 AM

With the Scotland game being on I'd expect a mix of lower walk ups and non-attending season ticket holders.

hibeesjoe
13-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Quite an interesting page. Lowest league game attendance in 4 seasons.

http://www.fitbastats.com/hibs/club_records_league_attendance.php

Real Emerald
13-10-2014, 10:04 AM
With the Scotland game being on I'd expect a mix of lower walk ups and non-attending season ticket holders.

Interesting that the poll on here regarding those who would be attending the Scotland game showed that 17% would be going to Ibrox. As it turns out we were 20% down on our previous weeks attendance. Stats though???

H113EE5
13-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Interesting that the poll on here regarding those who would be attending the Scotland game showed that 17% would be going to Ibrox. As it turns out we were 20% down on our previous weeks attendance. Stats though???

Fed up with the trash on the pitch so left the season ticket at home and went to watch Edinburgh Rugby. Not great but at least they have a team of committed players. Oh aye..... and they won

hibeesjoe
13-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Will be interesting too see how many derby tickets we will shift. Might be the final straw for some

monktonharp
13-10-2014, 10:48 AM
our lowest crowd, the last time we won the Scottish cup ,was 3 thousand!:duck:

Billy Whizz
13-10-2014, 11:25 AM

Hibs kids day as well, who were mostly free tickets, wouldn't think there were many walk ups?
Do we count free tickets in our attendance figure?

hibeesjoe
13-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Hibs kids day as well, who were mostly free tickets, wouldn't think there were many walk ups?
Do we count free tickets in our attendance figure?
I'm sure we would count every person in the stadium. Its only Hearts that make up attendance's haha. Your right though, probably no walk ups and also some season ticket holders didn't bother either. Speaks volumes for the way we are all feeling at the minute.

erin go bragh
13-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Still the largest crowd of the day in Scottish league football .
Scotland game and the October holidays ( quite a few folk on their holidays in the sun ) fwiw i thought we played ok first half ( why some folk felt the need to boo at ht ) we should have been 1 up ( pen ) yes it was a poor pen but how the ref and his assistant couldnt see it was over the line when they were only a couple of yards away is another in a long line of shocking decisions against us .
Keep the faith . GGTTH

Ggtth

LancashireHibby
13-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Still the largest crowd of the day in Scottish league football .
Scotland game and the October holidays ( quite a few folk on their holidays in the sun ) fwiw i thought we played ok first half ( why some folk felt the need to boo at ht ) we should have been 1 up ( pen ) yes it was a poor pen but how the ref and his assistant couldnt see it was over the line when they were only a couple of yards away is another in a long line of shocking decisions against us .
Keep the faith . GGTTH

Ggtth

Think the booing at HT was for the officials more than the performance.

iwasthere1972
13-10-2014, 12:38 PM

:agree:

erin go bragh
13-10-2014, 01:16 PM

Dont agree LH . Plenty behind me in the FF were booing the team as soon as the ht whistle went . The ref imo gets booed when he is the last on the park , entering the tunnel !

Ggtth

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2014, 02:16 PM
A perfect storm on Saturday.

Folk were on holiday ... my mate, his partner & their two kids were on hols to name but 4 ... all regulars.

The Scotland game kicked off at 5 so it was ER or Ibrox for quite a few and others who wanted to see it on TV would miss a lot of the game with only 10 minutes to get home, so gave ER a miss.

We were playing Dumbarton, hardly the leagues biggest draw.

Anyway ..... 35,000 at Ibrox? Scotland are playing pretty well just now and it was a Euro qualifier with us still in contention, games with the likes of Georgia usually sell pretty well in those circumstances. I suppose that's what happens when you try to fleece the fans at £32 for the cheapest ticket.

The folk running Scottish football are dumber than professor dumb, head of stupidity at the university of idiocy. Over priced tickets and half the league teams playing at 3:00pm giving supporters no chance of attending Ibrox if they went to watch their club play. What a bunch of morons :faf:

snedzuk
13-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I am a walk up supporter and I don't have a season ticket as they are not flexible enough to enable my wife - who attends some games - to have the seat next to me. (something else the club needs to look into - flexible ticketing -along with a points system for those who attend home and away in this manner). Wherever possible, we buy tickets in the west lower so we do see familiar faces and a lot of them were missing on Saturday.

We queued after the game for only a few minutes to buy Livvy tickets, but what was noticeable on Saturday was that there were VERY long queues at the ticket windows before the game and I guess that was for walk up tickets.

I attended one of the supporters evenings and Leeann was asked how many STs had been sold and I am fairly sure the answer was 7200.

If that is correct, then a fairly high number of ST holders were absent on Saturday (Kids day as well remember adding to the recorded attendance) and I would think the eticket system is clever enough to know who these folk are -in which case it would be good to think Hibs are doing something to contact these folk to stay in touch as positively as possible as next seasons ticket sales targets should already be giving some cause for concern.

By the way -two Livvy / Hibs tickets £36, two Hibs /Hearts tickets £56....

Michael
13-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Will be interesting too see how many derby tickets we will shift. Might be the final straw for some

Pffft, unlikely...I remember when there were folk on here saying that the sale of Steven Fletcher was the final straw! :faf:

iwasthere1972
13-10-2014, 04:37 PM

Folk were on holiday ... my mate, his partner & their two kids were on hols to name but 4 ... all regulars.

The Scotland game kicked off at 5 so it was ER or Ibrox for quite a few and others who wanted to see it on TV would miss a lot of the game with only 10 minutes to get home, so gave ER a miss.

Anyway ..... 35,000 at Ibrox? Scotland are playing pretty well just now and it was a Euro qualifier with us still in contention, games with the likes of Georgia usually sell pretty well in those circumstances. I suppose that's what happens when you try to fleece the fans at £32 for the cheapest ticket.

The folk running Scottish football are dumber than professor dumb, head of stupidity at the university of idiocy. Over priced tickets and half the league teams playing at 3:00pm giving supporters no chance of attending Ibrox if they went to watch their club play. What a bunch of morons :faf:

48,000 at Ibrox. Not sure where you're getting your 35,000 from.

Real Emerald
13-10-2014, 04:41 PM

Totally agree with this. You couldn't even get home in time to watch it on the TV. I've got a season ticket but had I not and had the choice of keeping my £22 (plus the rest) to spend in the pub to watch the Scotland game I reckon the pub would have won. And that's not just Hibs, it's all the games around the country where the pub would have won over the pay at the gate fans. As you say, the decisions they take sometimes are beyond belief.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2014, 04:44 PM

The match commentator on sky said the crowd was 35,000

iwasthere1972
13-10-2014, 04:50 PM

48,000 on ESPN website.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2014, 05:26 PM
48,000 on ESPN website.

Checked on the tartan army website, crowd was just over 34,000. Terrible crowd for such a big game, but SFA fully to blame for ridiculous pricing

LaMotta
13-10-2014, 05:36 PM
Checked on the tartan army website, crowd was just over 34,000. Terrible crowd for such a big game, but SFA fully to blame for ridiculous pricing

I was at Ibrox and their def wasnt 48000 there :eek:

NAE NOOKIE
13-10-2014, 05:40 PM

The Daily Mail report on the match which was hugely critical of the SFAs part in the low turnout.

southsider
13-10-2014, 06:07 PM
our lowest crowd, the last time we won the Scottish cup ,was 3 thousand!:duck:
The last game of the season 79-80, when we were relegated, there were only about 1100 against Partick Thistle.

Scottie
13-10-2014, 11:19 PM

Disgusting pricing structure for the TA to have to pay this qualification campaign. Next month v Republic £46 then £55 for a friendly against Engerland. It's got to stop somewhere. Pricing us out of the game.

Hibernia&Alba
13-10-2014, 11:31 PM
The last game of the season 79-80, when we were relegated, there were only about 1100 against Partick Thistle.

1100? It could only have been a quid or so to get in, too. I've been to a few midweek League Cup games with low crowds, but never anything like 1100.

silverhibee
13-10-2014, 11:33 PM

He did and you could see empty spaces in the top tiers.

greenpaper55
14-10-2014, 04:12 PM
If we don't win promotion this year we could be looking at ST numbers of around five or six thousand, that coupled with reduced prices as surely they could not ask fans to pay £400 for a ST a second time is unsustainable. With our outgoings on the likes of EM and mortgages on the stand it is difficult to see how we could run as we are at the moment, if you think this years squad is bad just wait until the real cuts kick in.

over the line
14-10-2014, 04:41 PM
If we don't win promotion this year we could be looking at ST numbers of around five or six thousand, that coupled with reduced prices as surely they could not ask fans to pay £400 for a ST a second time is unsustainable. With our outgoings on the likes of EM and mortgages on the stand it is difficult to see how we could run as we are at the moment, if you think this years squad is bad just wait until the real cuts kick in.

'IF' we don't win promotion this year! I like your optimism I really do.

Billy Whizz
14-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Shows you that pricing is as important as performance on the park. Best Scotland team in a few years, and due to pricing, are playing to 2/3 of the stadium being full
Please note Leeann