PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Tartan Scarf

hibbymikey
13-10-2014, 02:59 AM
What trials and challenges must I face, what Crackens or Titans must I fight to get my hands on one of the lambswool Tartan Scarfs...rivalled only by the golden fleece in terms of their rarity.

Gone from the clubstore, does anyone know which end of the earth I have to travel to to get my hands on one (preferably two, Otherwise the old man will be getting another pair of socks for his christmas, or worse I could get him a season ticket for next year.)

hibbymac
13-10-2014, 03:33 AM
What trials and challenges must I face, what Crackens or Titans must I fight to get my hands on one of the lambswool Tartan Scarfs...rivalled only by the golden fleece in terms of their rarity.

Gone from the clubstore, does anyone know which end of the earth I have to travel to to get my hands on one (preferably two, Otherwise the old man will be getting another pair of socks for his christmas, or worse I could get him a season ticket for next year.)

Seems pricey,

http://www.scotlandshop.com/p-499-hibernian-football-club-tartan-scarf.aspx

hibbymikey
13-10-2014, 04:27 AM
Yeah. £34 for an inferior looking one compare to the £15 lambswool one that the club had in is awfully steep. I just do not understand the club not stocking these anymore...

EdinMike
13-10-2014, 06:55 AM
I forgot a wanted one of these... goddamn !

greenginger
13-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Yeah. £34 for an inferior looking one compare to the £15 lambswool one that the club had in is awfully steep. I just do not understand the club not stocking these anymore...

I tried to get one in the Club store last Christmas and was told the club won't stock them until the wholesaler reduces the price to what the club considers reasonable.

Don't know if some company has the design rights on Hibs Tartan, maybe we have got our own Mike Ashley problem out there.:greengrin

HIBERNIAN-0762
13-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Still got my one from day one when they first came out, wasn't 34 bloomin quid though!

Bostonhibby
13-10-2014, 09:25 AM
Got a lambswool one from when they first came out, got a made in Scotland lable but no maker info!

Also got the other one from day 1 its got the hibees collection on the lable but no more info. Both came from the clubstore. The quality of both aint bad, the non lambswool one has held up well as I wear it a lot.

Keith_M
13-10-2014, 10:05 AM
I used to have one of the Tartan scarves as well but it was rather unfortunately ruined in the Wash

Are Hibs still in charge of the Clubstore or has this been outsourced as well?

It's always difficult to get the balance right for what the 'Customer' would want to buy, I suppose, but it's been a few years since I've gone in there and saw something I really thought I 'must have'. The last item of clothing I bought was a gray Cotton T-Shirt with dark green sleeves with Hibernian and the Club Badge on the front in US College style. I still wear it regularly and think it's the Boll*x.

SteveHFC
16-10-2014, 11:39 PM
Does anyone know where to get one?

Hibernia&Alba
16-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Just type in something like 'green tartan scarf' on e-bay. I just did, and there's a really nice one called heritage of Ireland. Scottish wool, for £11.99

Franck Stanton
17-10-2014, 11:17 AM
There is a kilt outfitters near the top of Easter Road who had the only licence to make/supply Hibs Tartan Kilts. Sure they would be able to knock up a few scarfs. [Kilt shop almost opposite the chippy, sorry can't recall their name.]

Aaron
17-10-2014, 11:25 AM
There was a thread on here about a year ago. We lost the rights to the tartan. Maybe that's why?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Pretty Boy
17-10-2014, 11:25 AM
There is a kilt outfitters near the top of Easter Road who had the only licence to make/supply Hibs Tartan Kilts. Sure they would be able to knock up a few scarfs. [Kilt shop almost opposite the chippy, sorry can't recall their name.]

Bowdens?

Franck Stanton
17-10-2014, 11:37 AM
Bowdens?

The very one.

cocopops1875
17-10-2014, 02:31 PM
It was McCalls who had the rights to the Hibs Tartan, never Bowdens to my Knowledge

marinello59
17-10-2014, 02:33 PM
It was McCalls who had the rights to the Hibs Tartan, never Bowdens to my Knowledge

That was my understanding as well.

GreenCastle
17-10-2014, 02:36 PM
Love the Hibs tartan :top marks

So Hibs don't have the rights to it anymore ? :confused:

tamig
17-10-2014, 02:38 PM

Bowdens did stock a wide range of Hibs tartan attire though.

OxoHibby
17-10-2014, 03:16 PM

Not the tartan one but this could be a nice but pricey alternative

http://www.savile-rogue.com/scotland-premier-league-c3/hibernian-c80/green-and-white-minibar-cashmere-football-scarf-in-the-colours-of-hibernian-p1201

Yuillsy
17-10-2014, 04:43 PM

http://www.savile-rogue.com/scotland-premier-league-c3/hibernian-c80/green-and-white-minibar-cashmere-football-scarf-in-the-colours-of-hibernian-p1201
I looked at this last year and by the time I decided to buy it they had sold out.
Might have to start dropping hints to the Mrs in time for Christmas!

Hibernia&Alba
17-10-2014, 05:16 PM

£60 for a bar scarf! Who needs cashmere, my old faithful acrylic fae the club shop does the job.

Pretty Boy
17-10-2014, 05:22 PM

There was another cashmere one posted on here last year, think it may have been designed by one of our posters, that had black in it as well. Wish I could find the thread as it was a beauty.

Yuillsy
17-10-2014, 06:38 PM
There was another cashmere one posted on here last year, think it may have been designed by one of our posters, that had black in it as well. Wish I could find the thread as it was a beauty.

http://www.savile-rogue.com/scotland-championship-c662/hibernian-c80/green-white-and-black-deluxe-cashmere-football-scarf-in-the-colours-of-hibernian-p2490
Hopefully that works, is this the 1?

Steve-O
18-10-2014, 08:13 AM
So we don't even have the rights to our own club tartan? :rolleyes:

On a funny note - there is a Fijian-Indian woman who resides in Wellington who wears the Hibs tartan scarf regulary! A former colleague of mine who asked me to get her a tartan scarf when I came back to Scotland for a holiday, so obviously I got her the Hibs one. 15 quid IIRC, was back in 2010 though.

mutley
18-10-2014, 08:19 AM

I managed to get my hands on one of those, it's a great scarf

LancashireHibby
18-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Would happily pay good money for one, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Another one for Leann's list!

OsloHibs
19-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Hibs can't make them anymore due to the deal with Nike... This is what I was told by staff in the shop last winter. I got a green tartan scarf on Ebay and it was alright actually, but would prefer the Hibs one. If they have them anywhere- please let me know.

LancashireHibby
29-10-2014, 01:40 PM
Bit pricey, but found this;

SteveHFC
29-10-2014, 01:42 PM

Mines came last week. :agree:

HH81
29-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Mines came last week. :agree:

Nice review too :greengrin

Hibernia&Alba
29-10-2014, 02:01 PM

Very nice, but £34!

SteveHFC
29-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Nice review too :greengrin

Be quiet John :agree:

hibbymac
29-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Good to see your on the ball :wink:

Billychaotic182
26-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Anyone know any sites for a hibs tartan scarf I really want one but the one in the club store is awful.

GreenNWhiteArmy
26-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Anyone know any sites for a hibs tartan scarf I really want one but the one in the club store is awful.

Was in the club store this afternoon picking up some Xmas presents and agree, that scarf in the shop is abysmal. Gonna look online to see where I can pick one up

Phil MaGlass
26-11-2016, 11:36 PM
Widnae buy the scarf in the shop, looks like TARTAN TAT, definitely no worth the price , I was in the club shop last weekend,pish looking scarf , could have bought 2+ scarves fae Ali brothers or Scottish Heritage whitiver they pass themselves off for nowadays and still got change.

Still Smiling
26-11-2016, 11:41 PM
Widnae buy the scarf in the shop, looks like TARTAN TAT, definitely no worth the price , I was in the club shop last weekend,pish looking scarf , could have bought 2+ scarves fae Ali brothers or Scottish Heritage whitiver they pass themselves off for nowadays and still got change.

I through my tartan scarf on the parade bus to Jason. Had to buy cheap replacement!! .. just too excited on the day.....22-05-16 ...the Sunday...

HibeePaj
27-11-2016, 12:36 AM
I through my tartan scarf on the parade bus to Jason. Had to buy cheap replacement!! .. just too excited on the day.....22-05-16 ...the Sunday...

I left my lambswool one in the pub before the cup final. I didn't realise until I was at Hampden.... I ended up getting the pub to post it back to me after the game(since been washed as bar man was one of them🙄).

Is it weird that I feel guilty that my scarf didn't see Hibs lift the cup? Iv had it for years... I felt I couldn't look it in the eye/tassels when I had it returned.

southern hibby
27-11-2016, 03:00 AM
I left my lambswool one in the pub before the cup final. I didn't realise until I was at Hampden.... I ended up getting the pub to post it back to me after the game(since been washed as bar man was one of them🙄).

Is it weird that I feel guilty that my scarf didn't see Hibs lift the cup? Iv had it for years... I felt I couldn't look it in the eye/tassels when I had it returned.

Not that I'm superstitious but that scarf is never to go to a cup final again

GGTTH

KWJ
27-11-2016, 09:42 AM
Bought the club shop one for £18. It is lightweight but its big so works ok. Think its the exact same as the 30 quid number.

Happy enough with it.

Col_0762
27-11-2016, 10:07 AM
You can buy the real one here, £34.

http://www.scotlandshop.com/p-499-hibernian-football-club-tartan-scarf.aspx?tartan=Hibernian%20Football%20Club

Col_0762
27-11-2016, 10:08 AM

http://www.scotlandshop.com/p-499-hibernian-football-club-tartan-scarf.aspx?tartan=Hibernian%20Football%20Club

Not sure how to post link properly....

sleeping giant
27-11-2016, 10:19 AM
Not that I'm superstitious but that scarf is never to go to a cup final again

GGTTH

:agree:

Bin it.

I lost mine somewhere after the final.
The Scottish Cup Final. Which we won :greengrin:

H18S NX
27-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Ingles Buchan makes them m8

BlackSheep
27-11-2016, 10:24 PM

Stay away from these... I bought one in the summer and they are rubbish, more like a woman's scarf... barely long enough to be a scarf and very very thin.

Not even worth £10 never mind the £34!

Billychaotic182
27-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Ingles Buchan makes them m8

I can't find it on their site? You don't have a link by any chance do you?

lyonhibs
28-11-2016, 08:07 AM
So we don't even have the rights to our own club tartan? :rolleyes:

On a funny note - there is a Fijian-Indian woman who resides in Wellington who wears the Hibs tartan scarf regulary! A former colleague of mine who asked me to get her a tartan scarf when I came back to Scotland for a holiday, so obviously I got her the Hibs one. 15 quid IIRC, was back in 2010 though.

I'll keep an eye out for it when I'm in town in January :greengrin

Had one of the gold dust lambswool scarfs back in the day. Regrettably lost it as I'm an eejit.

LustForLeith
28-11-2016, 11:51 AM
Slightly off topic but I was going to get my daughter one of the pink Hibs scarfs. Tried the website but they didn't have any. Is there anywhere else I could get one?

Cheers!

BlackSheep
28-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Slightly off topic but I was going to get my daughter one of the pink Hibs scarfs. Tried the website but they didn't have any. Is there anywhere else I could get one?

Cheers!

Pretty sure the sellers on Albion Road/Albion Place sell pink hibs scarfs.

Ross4356
28-04-2020, 01:13 PM
Does anyone know if the club started selling these again? Looked in the shop but they're not there

Phil MaGlass
28-04-2020, 02:22 PM
If anyone has an original with the purple, maybe you can send it off to China to have it made a few times, I would be interested in one.

BILLYHIBS
28-04-2020, 02:22 PM
Does anyone know if the club started selling these again? Looked in the shop but they're not there

Yip Pretty sure I saw them this season £25

Billy Whizz
28-04-2020, 02:47 PM
Yip Pretty sure I saw them this season £25

They aren’t on the online shops list of scarves

Phil MaGlass
28-04-2020, 02:50 PM
Hibs can't make them anymore due to the deal with Nike... This is what I was told by staff in the shop last winter. I got a green tartan scarf on Ebay and it was alright actually, but would prefer the Hibs one. If they have them anywhere- please let me know.

Now theres no deal with Nike

MagicSwirlingShip
29-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Lost mine on the Monday morning stote home after cup final weekend somewhere between Canonmills and Granton waterfront.

:boo hoo::boo hoo::boo hoo:

hibby6270
29-04-2020, 01:55 PM
I’ve still got my old man’s original lambswool tartan scarf I bought him for Xmas years ago. Would never part with it - for obvious sentimental reasons.

GreensesArab
29-04-2020, 02:34 PM
Very nice, but £34!

Recently bought a Hibs tartan scarf from Scotlandshop. Yes it's £34, steep maybe but you pay for quality and it's a top quality wool woven scarf. Great design and feels good on you.

Billy Whizz
29-04-2020, 02:39 PM
Recently bought a Hibs tartan scarf from Scotlandshop. Yes it's £34, steep maybe but you pay for quality and it's a top quality wool woven scarf. Great design and feels good on you.

Presume it doesn’t have the Hibs badge on it

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 02:51 PM
I have the latest HIBS tartan scarf the HIBS badge is on the reverse

The tartan is not the HIBS tartan as I remember it and the quality although 100% Lambswool is light and pretty thin

Defo less purple

When I queried this with the shop they informed me that there was a problem with the owners to the rights of the original HIBS green purple tartan so they had to change it

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 04:50 PM
ScotlandShop.com looks the answer but as others have said £34 sounds a bit steep

Shop closed due to the Pandemic but available online

Sudds_1
29-04-2020, 05:01 PM
My first hibs scarf, circa 1965, was bottle green with the old badge - a harp and a football.

BILLYHIBS
29-04-2020, 05:04 PM
My first hibs scarf, circa 1965, was bottle green with the old badge - a harp and a football.

With “HIBS Supporter” on it ?

Sudds_1
30-04-2020, 07:48 AM

With “HIBS Supporter” on it ?

Yep, thats the one!..
And i still have it 😁