PDA

View Full Version : Players Ratings versus Dumbarton

Davy Mac
12-10-2014, 06:29 PM
Oxley 5 - Nowt much to do but still so hesitant to come off his line

Forster 6 - Dealt with Nish and put in another solid display
Hanlon 6 - IMO better than last week and kept any threat at bay
Fontaine 5 - Comfortable on the ball but tends to lack confidence in going forward

Gray 6 - Took some hefty challenges but is so direct, great player to have on board
Robertson 4 - Ineffective display again, never been the same since the 2-1 Butcher derby
McGeouch 7 - Quality biscuits, looks a player - like to see him signed up in January
Craig 5 - Good first half, disappeared in the second. Stop whining at refs FFS and do your talking on the pitch
Stevenson 6 - Another good display from the wee man, keep it up

Malonga 2 - And I'm being generous, said last week his work rate has dropped and this confounded it for me, poor penalty, poor attitude
Cummings 6.5 - Superb work rate in the first half, tailed off in the second just needs another goal

Kennedy 3 - Dunno if a lay off works for him, does he know why? Play him more often as he can make things happen
Heffernan 4 - Looking much better
Allan 2 - Needs go remember he is part of the team and it's not about him

Stubbs 5 - Neilson's got Levein, wonder if Stubbsy needs somebody like him behind the scenes
Ref 5 - Like most refs this season, inconsistent
Fans 6 - Brassed off and quiet but the provocation from G4S was out of order

sahib
12-10-2014, 06:32 PM

Fontaine 5 - Comfortable on the ball but tends to lack confidence in going forward

Gray 6 - Took some hefty challenges but is so direct, great player to have on board
Robertson 4 - Ineffective display again, never been the same since the 2-1 Butcher derby
McGeouch 7 - Quality biscuits, looks a player - like to see him signed up in January
Craig 5 - Good first half, disappeared in the second. Stop whining at refs FFS and do your talking on the pitch

Malonga 2 - And I'm being generous, said last week his work rate has dropped and this confounded it for me, poor penalty, poor attitude
Cummings 6.5 - Superb work rate in the first half, tailed off in the second just needs another goal

Kennedy 3 - Dunno if a lay off works for him, does he know why? Play him more often as he can make things happen

Stubbs 5 - Neilson's got Levein, wonder if Stubbsy needs somebody like him behind the scenes

Harsh, especially Allan.

imho

Bronson
12-10-2014, 07:43 PM

Thought Forster was quite poor, gave away too many silly fouls. Heff was terrible, again and the Scott Allan rating is a bit bewildering, thought he looked good when he came on and should be starting every week for me.

Davy Mac
12-10-2014, 07:52 PM
Thought Forster was quite poor, gave away too many silly fouls. Heff was terrible, again and the Scott Allan rating is a bit bewildering, thought he looked good when he came on and should be starting every week for me.

Allan's contribution is not good enough when he came on, but a wee birdie told me he is not been a good boy off the pitch which is why he is not starting every week, but only passing on what I've heard.

heretoday
12-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I would say the back line was essentially solid and dealt with Dumbarton pretty well. However, going forward I would award only McGeouch a pass mark.

Bronson
12-10-2014, 07:57 PM
Allan's contribution is not good enough when he came on, but a wee birdie told me he is not been a good boy off the pitch which is why he is not starting every week, but only passing on what I've heard.

He had a few nice touches I thought. These rumours fly about all the time about players when they get dropped, not sure I want to buy into it.

Davy Mac
12-10-2014, 08:01 PM
He had a few nice touches I thought. These rumours fly about all the time about players when they get dropped, not sure I want to buy into it.

Aye, fair enough but what I don't understand about Stubbs is why did Stanton not start after his hat-rick against the Gers, Kennedy was superb a few weeks ago and then nothing, Allan was also looking good and then nowt. Sinclair???? Maybe I'm missing something..........

AlbertK86
12-10-2014, 08:01 PM
I would say the back line was essentially solid and dealt with Dumbarton pretty well. However, going forward I would award only McGeouch a pass mark.

Agree with all you say other than would add Cummings as a pass mark . Great work rate but never got the breaks

Lewis did well with his dribbling but regularly fails to get his crosses past the first defender

Malonga poor

Robertson and Craig .... Both kill the pace of the game and Robertson looks like he just never has the ball under control

Would rather have Stanton McGeough and Allan in the middle .... Shouldn't need a 'sitter' against teams like raith and Dumbarton

Green forever
12-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Although the Dumbarton front line didn't create too many chances, was still quite disappointed by the way Colin Nish bullied Hanlon and Forster off the ball in a similar fashion to Nade last week.

Spike Mandela
12-10-2014, 09:02 PM
Hardly worth giving individual ratings. Team drowning in mediocrity. Slow, unimaginative and BORING

One or two clearly a cut above the rest in terms of quality, endeavour and promise but we look like a bog standard, middle of the table first division club at the moment.

Bronson
12-10-2014, 09:09 PM
Aye, fair enough but what I don't understand about Stubbs is why did Stanton not start after his hat-rick against the Gers, Kennedy was superb a few weeks ago and then nothing, Allan was also looking good and then nowt. Sinclair???? Maybe I'm missing something..........

Agree with Stanton, can only assume he wants to protect him after he went on a bad run of form like we should've done with Harris. Kennedy is great, but there isn't really a place for him in the 3-5-2 with wing backs. Allan has been getting better with each game IMO. Sinclair is a strange one, not even made the bench recently.

Elephant Stone
12-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Oxley 7

Gray 7
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7
Forster 7
Stevenson 7. Looks like he's growing into the wing back role, could still improve on his final ball though.

Robertson 4
Craig 5. He tries hard but it's still not working out for him. Don't think he was as bad as folk are making out and I'd have kept him on ahead of Robertson easily.
McGeough 7

Malonga 3. Absolutely half-arsed. Same last week after he took the knock.
Cummings 5. Probably should have scored first half.

Thought Allan was MOTM last week, surprised he didn't start, even more surprised he didn't replace Robertson at any point.

Jonnyboy
12-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Oxley 7

Gray 7
Hanlon 7
Fontaine 7
Forster 7
Stevenson 7. Looks like he's growing into the wing back role, could still improve on his final ball though.

Robertson 4
Craig 5. He tries hard but it's still not working out for him. Don't think he was as bad as folk are making out and I'd have kept him on ahead of Robertson easily.
McGeough 7

Malonga 3. Absolutely half-arsed. Same last week after he took the knock.
Cummings 5. Probably should have scored first half.

Thought Allan was MOTM last week, surprised he didn't start, even more surprised he didn't replace Robertson at any point.

Extract from Scotland on Sunday match report :wink: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-0-0-dumbarton-hibs-and-referee-fluff-lines-1-3570134

On three minutes Jason Cummings was off-balance as he tried to contort his body to meet a Lewis Stevenson cross, managing only to send the ball wide. Almost the same scenario occurred eight minutes later with David Gray failing to make clean contact with a Stevenson ball from the left.

Elephant Stone
12-10-2014, 09:37 PM
Extract from Scotland on Sunday match report :wink: http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/latest/hibs-0-0-dumbarton-hibs-and-referee-fluff-lines-1-3570134

On three minutes Jason Cummings was off-balance as he tried to contort his body to meet a Lewis Stevenson cross, managing only to send the ball wide. Almost the same scenario occurred eight minutes later with David Gray failing to make clean contact with a Stevenson ball from the left.

Ha, I'm not being critical, sure even Lewis would agree he can work on it more, remember quite a few of his crosses not beating the first defender on Saturday. Really impressed with how he's been playing there though.

Jonnyboy
12-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Ha, I'm not being critical, sure even Lewis would agree he can work on it more, remember quite a few of his crosses not beating the first defender on Saturday. Really impressed with how he's been playing there though.

:aok: Just doing my duty as the wee man's protector :greengrin

Stantons Angel
12-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Hardly worth giving individual ratings. Team drowning in mediocrity. Slow, unimaginative and BORING

One or two clearly a cut above the rest in terms of quality, endeavour and promise but we look like a bog standard, middle of the table first division club at the moment.

But isnt that what we just are? We are no longer the club known for playing silky football, we dont have those sort of players any longer.

We are a club that has been in utter turmoil with changes in management nearly every season.

Us as supporters will never be happy with the way we are just now and all the negativity surrounding the club and its players does absolutely no good!

We will always be the team you describe until the supporters lift the blanket of negativity from the shoulders of the team and the management and let them get on with rebuilding the team and club back to where it once was.

I agree that there are some players of quality around and it would be good to be able to add more to the team. BUT we havent got the money to pay out for that type of player and we all have to go forward to gether regardless of how we feel about individuals.

Diclonius
12-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Oxley - 6 - Had literally nothing to do bar a save early on.

Forster - 7 - Solid, made some runs from defence.
Hanlon - 6 - See Forster.
Fontaine - 6 - Likewise.

Gray - 7 - Again good going forward, best right back we've had in years.
McGeouch - 8 - Along with Stevenson created pretty much all of our chances. Good performance.
Craig - 4 - Until we actually play this guy in his proper position we're never going to see what he's capable of. Not a holding midfielder.
Robertson - 3 - Gets the ball, runs with it for a bit, passes it back. Offered nothing, delivered nothing. He's stagnating here.
Stevenson - 8 - Defended well, fought for every ball and some excellent runs into the box. Covered every blade of grass today, MOM.

Cummings - 6 - Worked hard and created space when he had the ball but didn't see a lot of it.
Malonga - 4 - Completely anonymous, latest in a long line of poor penalties at Hibs.

Hamish
13-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Although the Dumbarton front line didn't create too many chances, was still quite disappointed by the way Colin Nish bullied Hanlon and Forster off the ball in a similar fashion to Nade last week.

Didn't think he bullied either of them. At this level given his height and experience he is always going to win his fair share in the air.

HFC 0-7
13-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Didn't think he bullied either of them. At this level given his height and experience he is always going to win his fair share in the air.

He never one his fair share when he was at hibs! Couldn't fit a sheet of a4 under him when he jumped for a ball at hibs.