PDA

View Full Version : NHC Lennon to Bolton

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Bolton appoint Neil Lennon. Absolute cert that Griffiths will now end up there in January

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Good appointment for Bolton imo.

And Griffiths won't be coming to ER so hopefully he gets out of Celtic and starts scoring goals again.

Michael
12-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Aren't they in ridiculous levels of debt? Or did they get that sorted? Pretty tough gig for any manager I reckon.

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 01:18 PM
That's a big challenge for him: Bolton's recent decline has been similar to ours. Lennon hasn't taken the easy option there.

LancashireHibby
12-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Aren't they in ridiculous levels of debt? Or did they get that sorted? Pretty tough gig for any manager I reckon.

Of the £165m debt, £160m is owed to Eddie Davies who is the owner and never likely to call the debt in. Fair to say Lennon wasn't my first choice, but he might at least install a bit of fight which is much needed at the minute.

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 01:56 PM
Of the £165m debt, £160m is owed to Eddie Davies who is the owner and never likely to call the debt in. Fair to say Lennon wasn't my first choice, but he might at least install a bit of fight which is much needed at the minute.

£165 million!! How did a club of Bolton's size get in so much debt?

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 02:00 PM
This will test him out, Bolton are not going to be spending much money for a while and will need to do better through tactics and a keen eye on a bargain.

Eyrie
12-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Damning indictment of how Scottish football is viewed down south that the best Lennon can do is the bottom of the Championship.

Dashing Bob S
12-10-2014, 03:31 PM
Good on him. Always liked Lennon. Can say that now that he is out of that toxic pond.

NOLA
12-10-2014, 03:39 PM
good luck to him always enjoy his insights when ive seen him as a pundit, tough gig but he has the mental toughness to succeed down south i reckon

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Goood luck to him, I actually don't mind Lennon at all!

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-10-2014, 04:20 PM
Reckon it's a decent move for him. Certainly a big test. Will prove once and for all if he's a decent manager I guess as Celtic wasn't a huge challenge for him. Saying that, Delia is somehow making it look like a challenging job

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2014, 05:02 PM
Reckon it's a decent move for him. Certainly a big test. Will prove once and for all if he's a decent manager I guess as Celtic wasn't a huge challenge for him. Saying that, Delia is somehow making it look like a challenging job

Not so sure that him failing at Bolton would say he's not a decent manager, plenty of factors to consider.

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Not so sure that him failing at Bolton would say he's not a decent manager, plenty of factors to consider.

True mate. Although was meaning more that if he succeeds then we can agree that he must be half decent. As it stands, I think he done a decent job at Celtic. I also believe that I could have coached them to the league the past couple of seasons though

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2014, 05:19 PM
True mate. Although was meaning more that if he succeeds then we can agree that he must be half decent. As it stands, I think he done a decent job at Celtic. I also believe that I could have coached them to the league the past couple of seasons though

Why didn't you speak up sooner! Stubbsy Out - NadeAteMyLunch In :greengrin

LancashireHibby
12-10-2014, 05:46 PM
£165 million!! How did a club of Bolton's size get in so much debt?

A lot of it is offset by a lot of the assets (sounds familiar). Club own the stadium, hotel, training ground, academy and even have a 'free school' these days that is going to be part of a huge expansion in the next couple of years.

Billy Whizz
12-10-2014, 05:47 PM
See he's taken Mjallby with him. Thought Johan wanted to go off and do his own thing?

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2014, 05:48 PM
See he's taken Mjallby with him. Thought Johan wanted to go off and do his own thing?

:agree: Garry Parker is one of his coaches.

Billy Whizz
12-10-2014, 05:50 PM
:agree: Garry Parker is one of his coaches.

Saw that as well, wonder what celtic players will want to jump ship?

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-10-2014, 10:24 PM
Why didn't you speak up sooner! Stubbsy Out - NadeAteMyLunch In :greengrin

Several emails sent to Leeann. I'm guessing a reply is imminent. Could be in the dugout by the derby 👍

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 11:03 PM

Commons and Griffiths would be my guess.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-10-2014, 11:46 PM

Got a feeling James Forest and Stokes.

Baader
13-10-2014, 12:03 AM
Must be looking at Gary Hooper too I'd imagine...

Gettin' Auld
13-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Lennon may be a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them and taking over at Bolton is probably the ideal gig for him. They are a fairly decent sized club in a deep trough and the only way really is upwards.

So if things don't work out for him, people will look at Bolton's well documented problems as the cause. If they start climbing the table, he'll get the plaudits.

It gets his feet in the door of management down south too, and is as near to a win/win situation as he could hope for.

IMO obviously. ;)

weonlywon6-2
13-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Damning indictment of how Scottish football is viewed down south that the best Lennon can do is the bottom of the Championship.

Just what i was thinking,good luck to him,didnt like him as a player but changed my opinion when he became a manager

Stevie Reid
13-10-2014, 01:17 PM
Hated him as a player, but very much respect him since he moved into management. I know Bolton are a big club, but I thought he would have landed a better gig than that - be interesting to see how he does, but I reckon he'll be a success there.

DH1875
13-10-2014, 10:01 PM

Not true and is the MAIN reason Lennon quit in the summer.