PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'Connor speaks

.Sean.
12-10-2014, 12:36 PM
SKINT soccer badboy Garry O’Connor has revealed he blew his £4million fortune on parties, sports cars — and a £2,000 tracksuit.

The fallen football ace splashed out £2million on a fleet of Ferraris and spent the same amount again on two luxury mansions.

O’Connor — who once raked in almost £20,000 a week — enjoyed spending sprees in Harvey Nichols costing him up to £15,000 a time.

But his lavish lifestyle eventually left him penniless in a £65-a-week council house.

And the ex-Scotland star admitted: “I didn’t think about the risks — my life was out of control and it was just a matter of time before I got caught.

“It was just stupidity, but who wouldn’t enjoy it?

“I had my first Ferrari when I was 21 — not many people can say that.

“I would go and buy a Dolce & Gabbana tracksuit for £2,000.

“If I went to Harvey Nichols I would spend ten to 15 grand without even blinking.”

O’Connor, 31, was once tipped as one of Scotland’s brightest prospects.

He was soon caught up in the party lifestyle as he broke into football’s top level.

And as his wages soared, so did his spending. He said: “I think when you are in that circle where you have a massive income you can afford to do things like that and most footballers do things like that.

“Maybe if I had been in the Premiership for ten years I could have done that.

“I had lots of nice things — nice cars and nice houses.

“But bad investments in properties have destroyed me. I’m not great with money, I never have been.”

O’Connor splashed out a huge chunk of his footballing fortune on a fleet of expensive supercars including a Porsche 911 Carrera. And at the height of his spending madness, he swapped his £100,000 motor every six months.

He said: “I’ve had them all — three Ferraris, three Bentleys, maybe five or six Range Rovers.

“I would have the car for about six months and trade it in at a loss. I’ve probably wasted about £2million on cars alone.

“I was definitely a Jack the lad back then. People who know me best will say it’s just a front though, me trying to be the big guy.”

As O’Connor’s career nosedived, his debts began to pile up.

He had spent £1.3million on a mansion in exclusive Archerfield, East Lothian, as well as a similar sprawling pad in Solihull, West Midlands, while playing for Birmingham City.

But when his salary dropped, he struggled to meet the repayments on the luxury properties. He said: “The house in Archerfield absolutely crippled me. The mortgage alone was £20,000 a month.

When I was back at Hibs in 2011 I was trying to pay £20,000 a month on a salary of £900 a week.

“My wife and I were living off our credit cards and overdrafts.

O’Connor admits he is still plagued by regrets over squandering his massive fortune. And he is determined that his three children won’t grown up to make the same mistakes with cash that he did.

He said: “I feel like I’ve let a lot of people down in my career.

“I could’ve played in the Premier League for years as I had the ability but basically I chucked it all away. I feel like I’ve let my kids down. I feel bad that they don’t have the inheritance that they should have.

“I try to protect my kids and keep them away from it. Your kids will always forgive you.

“They never do without. They also save their pocket money up so they can get things.

“We try to teach my kids the value of money and not to repeat my mistakes.”

The fleet of Ferraris and lavish spending sprees on designer gear are now a distant memory. Instead, O’Connor coaches and plays for junior side Selkirk and drives a five-year-old Mercedes.

His wife Lisa works in a tanning salon to bring in extra cash for the family, but despite their money problems, the couple insist they have never been happier.

He said: “I don’t have the big house, I don’t have the flash car and I couldn’t be happier in life. All that stuff is irrelevant. It was nice to have at the time but it didn’t bring me happiness.”

He added: “We’re much happier now as a family than we were back then.

“Now I’m not trying to keep up with my team-mates and I’m more focused on my family life than ever.”

Famous Fiver
12-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Is he working?

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 12:39 PM
Maybe Garry realising the simple things in life are more important than the things money can buy.

Good luck to him sorting things out.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:40 PM
A five year old Mercedes - his chauffeur must be ashamed to drive it.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2014, 12:43 PM
£900 a week at Hibs, it'd be really interesting to see what sort of wages we pay now. It would appear Hibs are not the size of club that some of us would like to think we are. Nice stadium though.

keep the faith
12-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Hibs were only paying Garry 900 a week in 2011?

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 12:44 PM
It's yet another sad story about young kids having too much too young and blowing it. They don't help themselves, but the money goes to their head, and no doubt there are plenty of hangers on who quickly disappear when the money runs out. He must be kicking himself, he was set for life, but there's no excuse for two grand Dolce & Gabbana tracksuits. You can't buy class, Gary :-D

By he way, he doesn't mention how much he may have blown on white powder ;-)

.Sean.
12-10-2014, 12:45 PM
Maybe Garry realising the simple things in life are more important than the things money can buy.

Good luck to him sorting things out.
:agree:

He went down the road loads of folk that age take with the partying etc. The whole talk of drugs will probably horrify older posters on here but the amount of young folk up to no good with them on a night out is unreal and I doubt just because someone plays football that's gonna dissuade them too much from taking them.

Hopefully he's now finally knocked all that nonsense on his head, for the sake of his family. He's made mistakes but nobody's perfect. I'll remember him as the player he was and all the goals he scored for the club and nothing else.

12-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Read this this morning, a real real fall from grace. A young, daft laddie that had too much money and too many of the wrong people around him. He admits himself that he thought he was a it of a "jack the lad" that enjoyed showing off his cash. Like I say, daft laddie that couldn't handle his fortune properly and seems to have had a lot of hanger on that took advantage. A shame that he never made more of his football career, If he had stayed away from the drugs and the booze and kept himself fit and focused on the football then he would have had a very sucessful career both for club and country IMO. Its a shame he is where he is now but glad to see that he's finally seen sense and is in a happier place. People like O'Connor get ruined by too much money. I genuinly hope he does well at Sellkirk and gets himself back fit again and doing what he does best -playing football.

Mr White
12-10-2014, 12:49 PM
By he way, he doesn't mention how much he may have blown on white powder ;-)

Aye you'd go through a lot of daz with a wardrobe full of 2 grand tracksuits.

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Aye you'd go through a lot of daz with a wardrobe full of 2 grand tracksuits.

Exactly :-D

I didn't even know there are tracksuits that cost two grand. Gaudy doesn't even come close to describing that.

Mr White
12-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Exactly :-D

I didn't even know there are tracksuits that cost two grand. Gaudy doesn't even come close to describing that.

They're a waste of money unless you buy some £850 trainers to go with them.

Alfred E Newman
12-10-2014, 12:57 PM

I would imagine that was a basic and not counting win bonuses, a rarity at Hibs. £46k a year basic is not bad really.

keep the faith
12-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Yeah it would have made sense for him being on an incentive based contract at that point.

Pete
12-10-2014, 01:00 PM

I'm shocked at that bit. If he's only paying £65 a week to the council you'd think he'd be able to afford a better car.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:03 PM
I'm shocked at that bit. If he's only paying £65 a week to the council you'd think he'd be able to afford a better car.

Just shows you, there's more to life than money. Not sure I could cope with driving a 5 year old Merc in Muirhouse - it's bad enough having to admit I don't own a property in Provence.

hibeemikey21
12-10-2014, 01:04 PM
He had a Ferrari at 21??? When he was still with Hibs???? Surely not

12-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I think money can ruin young players. Goes to their heads, they start thinking they are big time charlies that have made it and the focus shifts from their football and suddenly to this new found celebrity life-style.

I'm not saying its the case for all young players, I mean look at Fletch etc. who earned a decent amount but still kept his feet on the ground and has since gone out to make something of his career. But people like O'Connor begin to love the lifestyle and the fame more than the football IMO and get easily led astray. I recall speaking to a few folk ages ago that said they had seen O'Connor up town a couple of times and he would be giving it the big un' and acting like a bit of a big shot, the whole kind of "Do you know who I am" routine. He enjoyed the popularity but was too daft to realise a lot of people were just using him and I'm willing to bet that many of them are nowhere to be seen now a days!

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 01:06 PM

It was nicked, but it still counts :-D

Pete
12-10-2014, 01:11 PM

I think he read "How to aquire your dream car" by Christian Nade.

DAVE1875
12-10-2014, 05:46 PM

Deek's gotta do something to rake in the cash as well mate :wink:

CallumLaidlaw
12-10-2014, 05:51 PM

Suppose that might be what he took home, so we'd be paying him double that

SunshineOnLeith
12-10-2014, 05:57 PM
As O’Connor’s career nosedived,

lol

emerald green
12-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Two grand for a tracksuit FFS. You can get one much cheaper than that in Matalan. :rolleyes:

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 06:24 PM

He went down the road loads of folk that age take with the partying etc. The whole talk of drugs will probably horrify older posters on here but the amount of young folk up to no good with them on a night out is unreal and I doubt just because someone plays football that's gonna dissuade them too much from taking them.

Hopefully he's now finally knocked all that nonsense on his head, for the sake of his family. He's made mistakes but nobody's perfect. I'll remember him as the player he was and all the goals he scored for the club and nothing else.

Pretty sure:wink: it's not a new thing Sean even the auld fitba players were in to it back in the old days.

Swedish hibee
12-10-2014, 07:52 PM
£900 a week at Hibs, it'd be really interesting to see what sort of wages we pay now

I know for a fact there are many on just under this right now.

hibees 7062
12-10-2014, 08:04 PM

Insurance would have been a problem

Mr White
12-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Insurance would have been a problem

A sign of things to come for big Gaz.

hibees 7062
12-10-2014, 08:08 PM
A sign of things to come for big Gaz.

Surprised he can get it now

Northernhibee
12-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Hopefully learning to appreciate the small things is what he needs to turn his life around.

hibbymark
12-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Probably 2k basic and approx £900 after 50% tax and national insurance?

Hibrandenburg
12-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Funny, but reading that hasn't made me feel any more sympathetic to his cause. In fact I can't shake the feeling he's deprived his family of something.

weonlywon6-2
12-10-2014, 08:49 PM
At least hes being honest ,what a lot of money to flush down the drain,20 grand mortgage,wow

patch1875
12-10-2014, 08:49 PM
Funny, but reading that hasn't made me feel any more sympathetic to his cause. In fact I can't shake the feeling he's deprived his family of something.

I agree, if he was still earning all that dosh he'd still be acting like a trumpet.

Had an opportunity that we all dream of and blew(or sniffed) it.

12-10-2014, 09:03 PM

It is his own doing completely. Yeah he had hangers on and people that were looking to take advantage etc. but end of the day he still CHOSE to take drugs, he still CHOSE to blow away all his money etc. so yea I don't have an awful lot of sympathy but stupity mixed with a lot of money is a pretty lethal combination.

sleeping giant
12-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Well , I love the big guy. All the best Gaz

Ell_Chrisso
12-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the last minute winner against the Jumbo's. Will always be my fav GOC moment

Jonnyboy
12-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the last minute winner against the Jumbo's. Will always be my fav GOC moment

Enjoy :greengrin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjMK2oRF1Z8

ancient hibee
12-10-2014, 10:31 PM
Wine women and song-wasted the rest-lucky devil.

capitals_finest
12-10-2014, 10:34 PM

Gary has been a daft lad at times but no one can doubt his heart. Great goal in front of a great stand.

oconnors_strip
12-10-2014, 10:44 PM

Thanks john! Cheered up my weekend

leggeto
12-10-2014, 10:57 PM
Always liked garry ,wish him all the best,good hibby

Allant1981
13-10-2014, 04:51 AM
Might sound harsh but i have no sympathy at all for him, he had lots of money, nice house, nice car and decided to be a twat and blow the lot of it, not exactly a good role model for his kids, or a good husband. Its his family i feel for in this situation

Islington Hibs
13-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Might sound harsh but i have no sympathy at all for him, he had lots of money, nice house, nice car and decided to be a twat and blow the lot of it, not exactly a good role model for his kids, or a good husband. Its his family i feel for in this situation

I understand where you are coming from but it is a classic tale of instant gratification. Clubs also need to do more to help, and I mean emotionally, as these young guys, who become idols when just out of school, too often lose the plot. For Gary there is some hope as he seems to understand what went wrong. The only hope of a 'cure' is to understand what went wrong. Good luck to him.

truehibernian
13-10-2014, 07:57 AM
What gets me very angry is there's two players in Garry and Derek who both still have three seasons of good football in them - really makes me angry given the talent they're both blessed with.

I actually said to a friend of mine recently, if Hibs grasped a nettle, and it is a big jaggy pair of them, there's a real 'project' there - both put on an intensive coaching/fitness 'boot camp' for 6 weeks and given a 6 month deal each in January - you don't lose the natural talent, you lose the fitness and desire - it would make an interesting project and documentary !

Niffy
13-10-2014, 08:02 AM
What gets me very angry is there's two players in Garry and Derek who both still have three seasons of good football in them - really makes me angry given the talent they're both blessed with.

I actually said to a friend of mine recently, if Hibs grasped a nettle, and it is a big jaggy pair of them, there's a real 'project' there - both put on an intensive coaching/fitness 'boot camp' for 6 weeks and given a 6 month deal each in January - you don't lose the natural talent, you lose the fitness and desire - it would make an interesting project and documentary !

I think that would be an excellent idea. Beats any *** bakery programme.

truehibernian
13-10-2014, 08:04 AM

Just dinnae let Garry near the icing sugar - and that's tongue n cheek for any 'offended posters' !!

WestCoastHibby
13-10-2014, 09:27 AM
My heart bleeds purple piss......

hibs4thecup1988
13-10-2014, 09:58 AM

I broke my wrist that day celebrating in the east and never even knew about it till later.

Fell down 4 rows of seats. Was the best day ever in my view. Still fume at Brebner's red card that day :rolleyes:

As for Garry - Gutted the way his career went. He clearly never had the best advisers regards property and money. Lot of crooks out there, however the drugs was all him. He cannot deny that. Shame really. Probably one of the best talents Scotland has saw in front of goal along with Deeks.

Keith_M
13-10-2014, 10:25 AM

I don't get the sympathy some people have for a person that had an amazing talent and has totally wasted it and any benefit he gained from it.

scott7_0(Prague)
13-10-2014, 10:53 AM

I don't get the sympathy some people have for a person that had an amazing talent and has totally wasted it and any benefit he gained from it.

:agree::not worth

Ell_Chrisso
13-10-2014, 12:11 PM

Thanks for that mate! As another poster stated I also fell around 4/5 rows of the terracing that day. Prob one of my fav moments being a Hibee

Jonnyboy
13-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Thanks for that mate! As another poster stated I also fell around 4/5 rows of the terracing that day. Prob one of my fav moments being a Hibee

You're welcome :greengrin

I always have a wee laugh at the guys who were on their way out of the stadium and come running back in as Garry reaches the East Stand. Priceless

Billy Whizz
13-10-2014, 07:31 PM

And nice to see the stadium almost full

silverhibee
13-10-2014, 07:34 PM
And nice to see the stadium almost full

They were the days eh, i watched a clip of a game against Livingston and it was a night game and the ground was packed out.

What went wrong.

Billy Whizz
13-10-2014, 07:51 PM
They were the days eh, i watched a clip of a game against Livingston and it was a night game and the ground was packed out.

What went wrong.

Was that the 7-1 game?

jdships
13-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Pretty sure:wink: it's not a new thing Sean even the auld fitba players were in to it back in the old days.

Have no knowledge of any players using hard drugs in early 1950's ( doesn't mean to say it didn't happen :greengrin )
Common to use " body building Supplements" ( brought in from abroad ) yes

The two clubs I was with had a " zero tolerence" policy re " clubbing and pubbing " Thursday/Friday nights and bed by 11.00p.m.
A number of clubs even took their players to an hotel on a Friday night to ensure they were OK for the next day !!
We also had to check with medics before taking cold cures etc .
Even in these days with wages salary cap many players including myself were "given" part time jobs to supplement our earnings and I know of a couple of lads who could blow half their wages in the snooker hall /bookies after training .
My pal who , in the old first div, was earning £12 a week plus " two pounds a point " went out in 1952 and bought a second hand " Morris 10 "
for £99 and we all thought he had a rich uncle somewhere !
It was paid for from the proceeds of his " other" job which the club chairman had fixed him up with !!
As Captain of the club he could walk into almost any big store , in the town , and the manager would say " Hey your XXXXX XXXX of ZZZ FC aren't you ?" . Many a time he would get a discount on goods bought !!

Best I ever got was a free pint in the pub !!
Happy days !!

:rolleyes:

silverhibee
13-10-2014, 08:17 PM
Have no knowledge of any players using hard drugs in early 1950's ( doesn't mean to say it didn't happen :greengrin )

The two clubs I was with had a " zero tolerence" policy re " clubbing and pubbing " Thursday/Friday nights and bed by 11.00p.m.
A number of clubs even took their players to an hotel on a Friday night to ensure they were OK for the next day !!
Even in these days with wages salary cap many players including myself were "given" part time jobs to supplement our earnings and I know of a couple of lads who could blow half their wages in the snooker hall /bookies after training .
My pal who , in the old first div, was earning £12 a week plus " two pounds a point " went out in 1952 and bought a second hand " Morris 10 "
It was paid for from the proceeds of his " other" job which the club chairman had fixed him up with !!
As Captain of the club he could walk into almost any big store , in the town , and the manager would say " Hey your XXXXX XXXX of ZZZ FC aren't you ?" . Many a time he would get a discount on goods bought !!

Happy days !!

The old days to me were 1978 World Cup, that is old days to me and Sean. :greengrin

That was a nice wee read, always like to hear about the old times, my Dad who passed away a few years back was very good friends with Tommy Preston and we would pick him up from his pub and give him a lift to ER, some of the stories he told were engrossing so they were, about the players he played along side and European nights away with Hibs, i did get the impression that not a lot had changed on how football players live there life's from back then to now, the big difference now would be the money that football players are paid nowadays, but today we have the internet 24 hour media hearing all sorts of things about football players and making it on to the front pages of the papers the next day, bet the old players are just as glad the internet wasn't around in there days. :greengrin :thumbsup:

TheFamous1875
13-10-2014, 08:29 PM
It'd be good if Garry could work with some initiatives to show youths in Scottish sport what can go wrong with drugs. He could do a lot of good in communities and use his own story as an example of being a very lucky man who still has his health and his family by his side, if not his career or earnings.

It'd also be good if Hibs and Garry could work together in some capacity, and show the academy boys how things can pan out if you're not careful. There's been a lot of talk recently of Hibs not using their own to their advantage. Two examples lately are that Peter Cormack was in the papers a few months ago saying he had offered free of charge to help coach the attacking players in the first team and didn't even receive a reply from the club. Also, Pat Stanton mentioned in another interview that he thinks Jimmy O'Rourke should be a scout as he has a real eye for a player. There's others similar examples that I can't mind just now, but it seems that Hibs miss the boat at every turn. To see Garry as a striking coach at the club and use his experiences to help young athletes would be great from both parties.

13-10-2014, 08:37 PM
It'd be good if Garry could work with some initiatives to show youths in Scottish sport what can go wrong with drugs. He could do a lot of good in communities and use his own story as an example of being a very lucky man who still has his health and his family by his side, if not his career or earnings.

It'd also be good if Hibs and Garry could work together in some capacity, and show the academy boys how things can pan out if you're not careful. There's been a lot of talk recently of Hibs not using their own to their advantage. Two examples lately are that Peter Cormack was in the papers a few months ago saying he had offered free of charge to help coach the attacking players in the first team and didn't even receive a reply from the club. Also, Pat Stanton mentioned in another interview that he thinks Jimmy O'Rourke should be a scout as he has a real eye for a player. There's others similar examples that I can't mind just now, but it seems that Hibs miss the boat at every turn. To see Garry as a striking coach at the club and use his experiences to help young athletes would be great from both parties.

A mate of mine suggested this sort of thing as well. Use his story to show young players what can happen if you get too carried away with money and the dangers of going down the path of drug use etc. Hopefully stop another young talent from ruining himself in similar fashion as it really is very sad to see.

IMO there needs to be a lot more guidance and support for the young players. They are young laddies that are thrown into the spot light and with that there is a lot of pressure. It's important to make sure they are well supported and have the right people around them to give them the best advice. Fame and money is a lot to deal with especially for a young lad.

Allant1981
13-10-2014, 09:44 PM

Happy days !!

Good read, out of interest who did you play for

jdships
13-10-2014, 09:58 PM
The old days to me were 1978 World Cup, that is old days to me and Sean. :greengrin

That was a nice wee read, always like to hear about the old times, my Dad who passed away a few years back was very good friends with Tommy Preston and we would pick him up from his pub and give him a lift to ER, some of the stories he told were engrossing so they were, about the players he played along side and European nights away with Hibs, i did get the impression that not a lot had changed on how football players live there life's from back then to now, the big difference now would be the money that football players are paid nowadays, but today we have the internet 24 hour media hearing all sorts of things about football players and making it on to the front pages of the papers the next day, bet the old players are just as glad the internet wasn't around in there days. :greengrin :thumbsup:

Thanks for that
We have a family friend whose son is 24 playing in England and earns £20000 a week ! He has an agent who employs a virtual full time accountant looking after his clients money and investments .!!!
Knew Tam and his first wife Cathie Duncan ( she was a Basketball international , from memory) quite well as we were near enough the same age and played Juvenile against each other
Still see him on odd occasions .
I was very good friends with " Shades" for many years and he always talked about not having a private life and able to " go below the radar"

I suppose you could say that " money doesn't always bring happiness but by C....t it certainly helps" !!!
:greengrin

silverhibee
13-10-2014, 09:59 PM
Was that the 7-1 game?

Not sure Billy.

jdships
13-10-2014, 10:04 PM
Good read, out of interest who did you play for

Thanks for your kind remarks .
My career as a pro only lasted three years until I was " found out" .
One club folded in '61 the other wore their shirts outside their pants :greengrin:wink:

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-10-2014, 10:19 PM

We could call it 'The Great Hibee Jake Off'

That's a joke btw, really wish they were both still fit enough to be our strike force. It's a sun that they're not

NadeAteMyLunch!
13-10-2014, 10:31 PM
sin*

#2 Double Tap
14-10-2014, 12:09 AM
GOC get fit and come home man!!!!! and bring Deek with yah.

Viva_Palmeiras
14-10-2014, 03:18 AM
We could call it 'The Great Hibee Jake Off'

That's a joke btw, really wish they were both still fit enough to be our strike force. It's a sun that they're not
predictive text is crop

Steve-O
14-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Where are all the people on this forum who accused people of lies and talking nonsense when rumours of O'Connor's drug habit were doing the rounds?

What do you say now? :confused:

Hibby Bairn
14-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Saw him at Meggetland last Friday night turning out and helping with the U20s at Selkirk. Looked in fairly good nick.

Kaiser1962
14-10-2014, 07:51 AM

Happy days !!

Rugby Union in the Borders, amateur at the time (70's and early 80's), operated similar in that players were often given jobs with local firms whose owners were on the board of the local rugby clubs. Often these jobs were in sales and marketing and I recall one well know internationalist and British Lion whose colleagues claimed he showed up less than Santa Claus. A lot of the players received "boot money".

Dietary supplements were a big thing in those days, particularly amongst the forwards, but I don't recall seeing drugs (as I would recognise at least) at that time.

Pints and nights out were, however, compulsory.

Nobody paid me though. And I struggled to get the time off as well. Shows how good I was :rolleyes:

NadeAteMyLunch!
14-10-2014, 09:51 AM
predictive text is crop

It sure as

Danderhall Hibs
14-10-2014, 09:55 AM
Rugby Union in the Borders, amateur at the time (70's and early 80's), operated similar in that players were often given jobs with local firms whose owners were on the board of the local rugby clubs. Often these jobs were in sales and marketing and I recall one well know internationalist and British Lion whose colleagues claimed he showed up less than Santa Claus. A lot of the players received "boot money".

Dietary supplements were a big thing in those days, particularly amongst the forwards, but I don't recall seeing drugs (as I would recognise at least) at that time.

Pints and nights out were, however, compulsory.

Nobody paid me though. And I struggled to get the time off as well. Shows how good I was :rolleyes:

Craig Chalmers "worked" for British Gas when playing for Melrose (early 90s) and his laddie's now been banned for drugs - ties up this thread nicely.

WeeRussell
14-10-2014, 11:09 AM
Where are all the people on this forum who accused people of lies and talking nonsense when rumours of O'Connor's drug habit were doing the rounds?

What do you say now? :confused:

Aw shoot-up will you... :wink: