Heriots v Dundee High school FP :cb

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:16 PM
Which game did he attend yesterday?

The Game of Thrones?

Golden Bear
12-10-2014, 12:20 PM
Heriots v Dundee High school FP :cb

They're not even in the same league these days so I suspect that's maybe the slightest of wee porkies

:wink:

Famous Fiver
12-10-2014, 12:49 PM
If he was at Easter Road he would see that the chickens have come home to roost,big time. Less than 8000 paying top whack to see a crowd of part timers make us look every inch the mediocre team we are.

No money, no ambition, Hearts cheats at home next, struggling manager, poor off the park leadership (Dempster, what a difference she has made!)

Getting more depressed the more I type.

Get Ian Murray in now,drop under achievers, find hungry players ( we see them playing against us every week) drop admission prices. It's not rocket science.

IanM
12-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Which game did he attend yesterday?

He was at the Hibs game yesterday. We need to do more to oust him and STF.. Everything seems to have went quiet

Pete
12-10-2014, 12:55 PM
He was at the Hibs game yesterday. We need to do more to oust him and STF.. Everything seems to have went quiet

Forget STF, it's Petrie that needs to go. His unnecessary presence is dragging us to an all time low.

I don't know about that nonsense above involving bringing in Ian Murray. Give Stubbs a chance FFS.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:56 PM

Oust them and replace them with who?

IanM
12-10-2014, 12:59 PM

We don't have to replace Petrie and Im keen on the fan ownership model.

gillythehibby
12-10-2014, 01:01 PM
Not sure about Rod, but several thousand were obviously at the Scotland game. Well here's a message for those who paid approx £40 to watch the National team. FK SCOTLAND !! I don't get to bothered generally on other fan's actions but we had less than 8000 yesterday and it was obvious were our missing fans were. I think Priorities need to be looked at. 40 odd quid to watch scotland and the mighty Georgia? Really?

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 01:04 PM
Not sure about Rod, but several thousand were obviously at the Scotland game. Well here's a message for those who paid approx £40 to watch the National team. FK SCOTLAND !! I don't get to bothered generally on other fan's actions but we had less than 8000 yesterday and it was obvious were our missing fans were. I think Priorities need to be looked at. 40 odd quid to watch scotland and the mighty Georgia? Really?

Quite aside from no one really having the right to dictate other fans priorities I don't believe 2100 or so of the 45000 at Ibrox yesterday were Hibs fans who would otherwise have been at ER.

Gus Fring
12-10-2014, 01:05 PM
How do you oust an owner? It seems dangerous to me to make him want to give up the club as we don't know who we'll end up with and we could end up with a hell of a lot worse than we have just now!

I don't think there's anyway back for Petrie though as the number of people who put the blame solely at his door is too large. But I think he's done good for the club as well as bad, just like any chairman (do any football fans like their chairman nowadays?).

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:06 PM

We don't have to replace Petrie and Im keen on the fan ownership model.

Eh..,,sorry I must have picked you up wrong. :confused:

I'm less keen on fan ownership with every passing day btw. I just get the impression it's a lot of people who don't think through what they're saying.

Gus Fring
12-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Quite aside from no one really having the right to dictate other fans priorities I don't believe 2100 or so of the 45000 at Ibrox yesterday were Hibs fans who would otherwise have been at ER.

People will have stayed away to watch the Scotland game on TV as well.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:07 PM

As opposed to £22 to watch Hibs play the mighty Dumbarton? Beggars belief how people chose their priorities.

IanM
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM

I'm less keen on fan ownership with every passing day btw. I just get the impression it's a lot of people who don't think through what they're saying.

Haha I mean we can tell Petrie to do one and we don't have to find a replacement for him.

Fan an ownership is always a gamble but would it be any worse than what's happening to our club at the moment?

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Haha I mean we can tell Petrie to do one and we don't have to find a replacement for him.

Fan an ownership is always a gamble but would it be any worse than what's happening to our club at the moment?

It's always a gamble? So, what are the odds of it working based on what has happened elsewhere?

WHUHibs
12-10-2014, 01:14 PM

Phil, that's a sweeping statement to make and I can assure you that there is a lot happening at present. I hope that it will all be clearer soon.

gillythehibby
12-10-2014, 01:14 PM
As opposed to £22 to watch Hibs play the mighty Dumbarton? Beggars belief how people chose their priorities.

What does it matter who Hibs were Playing? The club are not exactly flying. Hibs fans need to get down to ER first and foremost. We wonder why the cheats across the city have a pop at us and yesterday is a perfect example of why they take the moral high ground. First priority =HIBS. 2nd =Scotland . I would have thought that obvious

WHUHibs
12-10-2014, 01:15 PM

Ian

There are ownership models that work and ones which are less successful. The trick is to find the right formula and then make it a Hibs model.

kaimendhibs
12-10-2014, 01:16 PM

Not that obvious really, I was missing cos couldn't get the day off work. Sad thing is, no one wanted my ticket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IanM
12-10-2014, 01:17 PM
It's always a gamble? So, what are the odds of it working based on what has happened elsewhere?

Everything's a gamble in football. New players, managers, everything comes with a risk but doing nothing isn't going to fix our problem.

if anything the amount of Hibs fans that are up in arms about the current regime shows we care and we want to do something about it.

it might not be fan ownership that happens, that would just be my solution but something needs to change.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Phil, that's a sweeping statement to make and I can assure you that there is a lot happening at present. I hope that it will all be clearer soon.

Thanks, some of us will take a bit of persuading though.

What does it matter who Hibs were Playing? The club are not exactly flying. Hibs fans need to get down to ER first and foremost. We wonder why the cheats across the city have a pop at us and yesterday is a perfect example of why they take the moral high ground. First priority =HIBS. 2nd =Scotland . I would have thought that obvious

So what's it matter who Scotland were playing? Besides you're assuming that the missing fans were at Ibrox, it's more likely they didn't go to any game at all. Obviously, no Hearts fans went to see Scotland.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, tbh.

gillythehibby
12-10-2014, 01:18 PM

Naw, yer right. the rest were in the boozer watching the game as opposed to being in Glasgow. That's not the point. Scotland should come 2nd in every Hibs' fan's priority list and thats not dictating that's seems common sense to me.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Everything's a gamble in football. New players, managers, everything comes with a risk but doing nothing isn't going to fix our problem.

if anything the amount of Hibs fans that are up in arms about the current regime shows we care and we want to do something about it.

it might not be fan ownership that happens, that would just be my solution but something needs to change.

I agree something has to change. But sometimes doing nothing is better than doing something that makes things worse.

Can I ask, how would the fans go about appointing managers, setting business plans, etc. ? Would it be a case of mandating somebody to run the club, then removing them every time things weren't working out?

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Naw, yer right. the rest were in the boozer watching the game as opposed to being in Glasgow. That's not the point. Scotland should come 2nd in every Hibs' fan's priority list and thats not dictating that's seems common sense to me.

It comes second for me. If there was a game I'd have gone to yesterday it was Hibs. The thought of forking out £22 to be miserable didn't appeal.

Why should Hibs come first though? I don't think you are talking any sense at all, tbh.

gillythehibby
12-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Thanks, some of us will take a bit of persuading though.

So what's it matter who Scotland were playing? Besides you're assuming that the missing fans were at Ibrox, it's more likely they didn't go to any game at all. Obviously, no Hearts fans went to see Scotland.

I think you're barking up the wrong tree, tbh.

We'll agree to disagree. HIbs had a poor crowd and Scotland were playing Looks like a combination of both.

adhibs
12-10-2014, 01:27 PM

Think its more that hibs latest shambles of a season has put the club way down peoples list of priorities on how to spend their time and money on saturday, regardless of whether scotland had been playing or not

Phil D. Rolls
We'll agree to disagree. HIbs had a poor crowd and Scotland were playing Looks like a combination of both.

If you are right, then crowds at all grounds would be down.

It was a cold day. It's £22 to get in. The team has been on a poor run of form. We played a team with a small travelling support. Etc.

Will you come back and discuss this further if the next home crowd is down too?

gillythehibby
It comes second for me. If there was a game I'd have gone to yesterday it was Hibs. The thought of forking out £22 to be miserable didn't appeal.

Why should Hibs come first though? I don't think you are talking any sense at all, tbh.

Maybe we come from different eras? For me HIbs coming first is a no brainer. No matter who they are playing. I couldn't care less who Scotland were playing. Of course I want them to do well and win but for me HIbs come first. I just find it strange any committed HIbs fan wouldn't be the same. Not trying to be an Uber fan here, that's just my general feeling.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 01:33 PM

For what it's worth I agree that Scotland comes after Hibs hence I was at ER yesterday.

Others see it differently though and that's up to them, I'm not going to tell them they are wrong even if I disagree with their decision.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:39 PM
Maybe we come from different eras? For me HIbs coming first is a no brainer. No matter who they are playing. I couldn't care less who Scotland were playing. Of course I want them to do well and win but for me HIbs come first. I just find it strange any committed HIbs fan wouldn't be the same. Not trying to be an Uber fan here, that's just my general feeling.

I find it strange that you have convinced yourself there was a mass exodus to Ibrox when there is all sorts of reasons why people stayed away from ER.

I don't think the concept that some might put country before club strange at all. It's a matter of what's most important to the individual.

I'm old school from when supporting Scotland was a bit cheesy. It still is IMO, I reckon the Tartan Army are a bunch of fannies. They don't, no big deal.

MWHIBBIES
12-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Forget STF, it's Petrie that needs to go. His unnecessary presence is dragging us to an all time low.

I don't know about that nonsense above involving bringing in Ian Murray. Give Stubbs a chance FFS.Yeah, forget the guy who has employed Pertie for nearly 20 years, nothing to do with him :faf:

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:49 PM
Yeah, forget the guy who has employed Pertie for nearly 20 years, nothing to do with him :faf:

20 odd years ago that was the deal we accepted.

sesoim
12-10-2014, 02:42 PM

I don't care if a few people went to watch our national team instead of Hibs. If we were playing like we should be, losing a couple of hundred fans would not be an issue. As it is, our crowds will still be 7 or 8 times bigger than Dumbarton and Alloa, yet they can still take points off of us. Even if we were getting 20,000 I don't have ANY confidence in the abilities of anyone at the club to get a good, winning team out on the park.

Mismanagement is a bigger issue than crowds at the moment - if we had good management in place results would come and crowds would naturally go up again.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Country before club for me. Never used to be but, that's how it is for me these days.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 03:22 PM

Rihanna.

grunt
12-10-2014, 03:39 PM
There are ownership models that work and ones which are less successful. The trick is to find the right formula and then make it a Hibs model.Is there an example of a fan ownership model which is working at this moment in Scotland? Or in England?

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 03:57 PM
Is there an example of a fan ownership model which is working at this moment in Scotland? Or in England?

The one in Edinburgh isn't having to many problems so far.

grunt
12-10-2014, 03:58 PM
The one in Edinburgh isn't having to many problems so far.They are not owned by the fans. Budge owns them.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 04:25 PM
I went to Ibrox yesterday and I'm glad I did. The wee man and I had a great day.
Had we went to Easter Road as usual we would have had a crap day.
Should make the decision easy next time there is a clash.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 05:06 PM
I went to Ibrox yesterday and I'm glad I did. The wee man and I had a great day.

That's really surprising.

Pete
12-10-2014, 05:06 PM

What are you going to do when Scotland start losing again?

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Come on, that's just teasing him. :tsk tsk:

RIP
12-10-2014, 05:18 PM
This fan ownership guff needs to be put to bed. Not one of the bids that's been put in front of Farmer these past 12 months is proposing fan ownership.

Posters are lobbying against something that nobody has ever come forward and proposed.

Another messageboard myth methinks

Jack
13-10-2014, 03:26 PM
This fan ownership guff needs to be put to bed. Not one of the bids that's been put in front of Farmer these past 12 months is proposing fan ownership.

Posters are lobbying against something that nobody has ever come forward and proposed.

Was it not you who championed fan ownership a few short months ago? The club belongs to the support, its time to reclaim etc. etc.?

BTW did you mean to post that on this thread? It appears a little unrelated!

RIP
13-10-2014, 05:07 PM
This fan ownership guff needs to be put to bed. Not one of the bids that's been put in front of Farmer these past 12 months is proposing fan ownership. Posters are lobbying against something that nobody has ever come forward and proposed.

Was it not you who championed fan ownership a few short months ago? The club belongs to the support, its time to reclaim etc. etc.?

Definitely not me Jack. I've been posting about Community Ownership since 2011 but not Fan Ownership. I don't see any appetite for the latter model

In a Community Ownership model it would likely be shared 4 ways e.g.

Farmer/HFC Holdings retain 26% for security and protection against mis-management. Could be transitional until new owners earn sufficient trust
High net worth investor - entrepreneur who could take over as bank of last resort
Consortium of local businesses
Supporter membership scheme

BTW did you mean to post that on this thread? It appears a little unrelated!

I was responding to posts 9, 13, 16, 17, 20, 22, 23, 25, 38, 39 and 40 :greengrin

southsider
13-10-2014, 05:58 PM

Change is not really a gamble because of where we are at the moment. It has become a necessity if we are to get back to an acceptable level in Scottish Football. Petrie to go is a given and i still aim to move a motion of no confidence in him in the forthcoming AGM. I would love us, the fans, along with more well-healed supporters to get a package together to oust Sir Tom as well. This, my friends, is Hibernian FC, who once stood toe to toe with the cream of European Football and now are reduced to no-scoring draws with the mighty Dumbarton.....Petrie you have made us a laughing stock. GO NOW.

grunt
13-10-2014, 06:04 PM
I've been posting about Community Ownership since 2011 but not Fan Ownership.Ok so I'll rephrase my original question. Is there an example of a community ownership model such as you describe which is working at this moment in Scotland? Or in England?

Nando™
13-10-2014, 06:22 PM

FK YOU buddy :aok:

SteveHFC
13-10-2014, 06:42 PM

So was i mate and like you said i had a great day out and would have had a crap day out at Easter road if i didn't go to Ibrox.

SteveHFC
13-10-2014, 06:44 PM

:rolleyes:

The Gorf
13-10-2014, 06:51 PM
And it was only an og that won them the game. Maloney just blootered the ball and got a deflection, bit like a typical Rangers goal.
ps I was at ER :agree:

SunshineOnLeith
13-10-2014, 07:03 PM

Who the **** are you to dictate to Hibs fans what their priority list should be?

RIP
13-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Ok so I'll rephrase my original question. Is there an example of a community ownership model such as you describe which is working at this moment in Scotland? Or in England?

Community Interest Companies are a fairly new concept having been around less than ten years. The reason they haven't yet been used as a basis for a fully professional football club is that single benefactors have been unwilling to relinquish control.

That's not the case at Hibs IMO. That's why a CIC is one of several models under consideration.

grunt
13-10-2014, 07:25 PM
In a Community Ownership model it would likely be shared 4 ways e.g.

Farmer/HFC Holdings retain 26% for security and protection against mis-management. Could be transitional until new owners earn sufficient trust
High net worth investor - entrepreneur who could take over as bank of last resort
Consortium of local businesses
Supporter membership scheme

However, you now tell us this has never been done before, so this is complete conjecture?

RIP
13-10-2014, 08:10 PM
However, you now tell us this has never been done before, so this is complete conjecture?

Informed conjecture. All this information has been made available at public meetings.

Farmer does want to retain a stake which I am personally happy with. It avoids the risk of too fast a transition.

There is at least one wealthy individual interested.

More than one business consortium has shown their hand. We need them to work together

Via the fans survey it's clear there would be interest in a membership scheme . How many we don't know.

It will need pulled together but the key building blocks are there - it just needs a will and good organisation.

southsider
13-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Informed conjecture. All this information has been made available at public meetings.

Farmer does want to retain a stake which I am personally happy with. It avoids the risk of too fast a transition.

More than one business consortium has shown their hand. We need them to work together

Via the fans survey it's clear there would be interest in a membership scheme . How many we don't know.

It will need pulled together but the key building blocks are there - it just needs a will and good organisation.
Yes but Petrie has lost the trust of the vast majority of us fans therefore no membership scheme would work whilest he is at ER.

blackpoolhibs
13-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Yes but Petrie has lost the trust of the vast majority of us fans therefore no membership scheme would work whilest he is at ER.

:agree: I wouldn't pledge a penny if he's still at the club should it change hands.

Gerard
13-10-2014, 09:25 PM

:wink::top marks:thumbsup::cb

jacomo
14-10-2014, 11:03 AM

:agree:

Doomed to failure.

By the by, what happened to that plan to cover the player tunnel in motivational slogans. Quietly dropped?

hibbymick
14-10-2014, 11:26 AM

Doomed to failure.

By the by, what happened to that plan to cover the player tunnel in motivational slogans. Quietly dropped?

It's happening soon.

Golden Bear
14-10-2014, 11:42 AM

Doomed to failure.

Not a case of being quietly dropped but more a case of naebody could be bothered.

:wink:

WeeRussell
14-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Who the **** are you to dictate to Hibs fans what their priority list should be?

:aok: Beat me to it.

I happily chose to go and watch Scotland ahead of Hibs on Saturday as the National team and their qualifying games mean more to me than Hibs games, they are less frequent and generally a more enjoyable day-out. Is it okay if I still come back to Easter Road and support my club the next time I can make it?

Or should I say - No! f*** you! Why weren't you at the Scotland game... sort your priorities out :rolleyes:

Nah, in fact... shut yer puss you complete roaster. If someone happens to be country before club (or the other way round) it's absolutely zero of your business.

:aok: