PDA

View Full Version : I think we are progressing

keep the faith
12-10-2014, 09:22 AM
I know this board is angry at thé moment but Im actually ok about things.
Im not sure we all realise how screwed we were. Fenlon assembled the most one dimensional hibs team in history, butcher introduced the worst football we have ever seen. We were relegated, next to no players left and completely disengaged.
We have had to start over. Did people really think we would simply buy a new team and scoosh this league??
This will take time and after 3 years of hating going to ER I am actually enjoying watching this project taking shape. We are still miles away of course but if we can cet a striker in, move on Craig and Robertson (2 last remaining fenlon men) then Im confident we can build something really good here.
The defence is solid enough and building a young exciting midfield from Mcgeough allan stanton stevenson Harris Kennedy and handling is the way to go.
Rome wasnt built in a day and i think that as the season goes on we will get better as this very young squad embeds.
Im no happy clapper. I didnt renew my season for the first time in years. I also didnt attend the first batch of games as i had enough. I also backed off from this board. Been paying at the gate of late and feel the break has given me real perspective.
Looking forward to next week. Start with Allan Mcgeogh and Stanton and legs build another young exciting team. If it takes another years so what. We will come out stronger and for a longer term.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 09:32 AM
We can't beat part timers. We are not progressing at all.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 09:35 AM

We couldn't beat part timers when we went down in 1980. Doesn't make it good, but its not a measure of progress or regress IMO.

keep the faith
12-10-2014, 09:35 AM

I would not think this particular thread is for you. 😊

SquashedFrogg
12-10-2014, 09:36 AM

Previously we would've been beaten by part-timers. A draw can perhaps be classed as progress? :greengrin

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 09:38 AM
If it takes another year so what?

About £2.5M we can ill afford to do without is what.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 09:43 AM
I would not think this particular thread is for you. 😊

If it's to do with Hibs I'm interested. I admire your blind faith that things are getting better but there is no evidence to support that.
Meanwhile our crowds are plummeting meaning next seasons budget will be cut again.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 09:44 AM
I can't see how anyone can say we are making progress ON the park? Off the park in the boardroom we have a power battle going on with only one winner. And the team have backroom staff most EPL clubs would die for, but they have nothing to work with.

We want to see a team on the park that entertains us and wins games, so no, no progress whatsoever.

Ronniekirk
12-10-2014, 09:49 AM
I can't see how anyone can say we are making progress ON the park? Off the park in the boardroom we have a power battle going on with only one winner. And the team have backroom staff most EPL clubs would die for, but they have nothing to work with.

We want to see a team on the park that entertains us and wins games, so no, no progress whatsoever.

Right now I would settle for a team that can just win home games ,the silky football can wait if we could just achieve that but we look miles away from both at present

Bobby's Cinema
12-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Progress? :hilarious We are going nowhere

bigwheel
12-10-2014, 09:50 AM
Im not sure we all realise how screwed we were. Fenlon assembled the most one dimensional hibs team in history, butcher introduced the worst football we have ever seen. We were relegated, next to no players left and completely disengaged.
We have had to start over. Did people really think we would simply buy a new team and scoosh this league??
This will take time and after 3 years of hating going to ER I am actually enjoying watching this project taking shape. We are still miles away of course but if we can cet a striker in, move on Craig and Robertson (2 last remaining fenlon men) then Im confident we can build something really good here.
The defence is solid enough and building a young exciting midfield from Mcgeough allan stanton stevenson Harris Kennedy and handling is the way to go.
Rome wasnt built in a day and i think that as the season goes on we will get better as this very young squad embeds.
Im no happy clapper. I didnt renew my season for the first time in years. I also didnt attend the first batch of games as i had enough. I also backed off from this board. Been paying at the gate of late and feel the break has given me real perspective.
Looking forward to next week. Start with Allan Mcgeogh and Stanton and legs build another young exciting team. If it takes another years so what. We will come out stronger and for a longer term.

I'm with you on the fact we are progressing - we still have a long way to go, and there are definitely weaknesses in where we are. Our football is night and day better than last season. We have better style, organisation and possession than we have had for quite a few years.

The loss of our main striker with injury has been a big blow for us...I don't see us going up this year, but I do see us securing third place..

Bobby's Cinema
12-10-2014, 09:57 AM
I'm with you on the fact we are progressing - we still have a long way to go, and there are definitely weaknesses in where we are. Our football is night and day better than last season. We have better style, organisation and possession than we have had for quite a few years.

The loss of our main striker with injury has been a big blow for us...I don't see us going up this year, but I do see us securing third place..
I am amazed anyone can think that of what we've seen this season. Organisation? Possession, is that not expected of us in this league? We are toothless. To be up the top this season we need a team determined to get three points every week. The lack of urgency in this team is staggering. We have meekly accepted the dropping of points 6 weeks out of 9 so far this season. There is no progress.

There's barely anything constructive to be said for what's going on at the moment. McGeouch had a good game yesterday. There's something. Otherwise, I see no positives from another unacceptable display.

See you all next week :clapper::clapper::clapper:

Mikey09
12-10-2014, 09:58 AM

Good on you mate. A well thought out personal opinion.... However don't be put off by the negative posts as I see 2 of the most negative posters on this forum have jumped on you already. Quite refreshing to read what you have written.... :aok:

Heisenberg
12-10-2014, 09:59 AM
4 unbeaten #progress

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:01 AM
4 unbeaten #progress

Two clean sheets in a row.

smurf
12-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Not true.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:10 AM

Not true.

....has to be our next target.

keep the faith
12-10-2014, 10:13 AM
Good on you mate. A well thought out personal opinion.... However don't be put off by the negative posts as I see 2 of the most negative posters on this forum have jumped on you already. Quite refreshing to read what you have written.... :aok:

Thanks mate. I dont expect everyone to agree but i stand by everything i said. This thing will come good but we are working from an absolute standing start.
And yes no surprises around the usual suspects responses.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Thanks mate. I dont expect everyone to agree but i stand by everything i said. This thing will come good but we are working from an absolute standing start.

Thank god for that, cannae wait.

Forza Fred
12-10-2014, 10:20 AM
We are not PROgressing, we are REgressing:confused:

J-C
12-10-2014, 10:23 AM
I think we are progressing from being utterly utterly sheite, to just being utterly sheite, one less utterly should see us just being sheite.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 10:26 AM
I would not think this particular thread is for you. 

It's a thread for everyone, i think you need to see a doctor, and soon.

12-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Your right, the state we found ourselves in at the end of last season was never gonna be a quick fix, it's gonna take a while. However, we are struggling against teams like Alloa, Dumbarton etc. that is not progress at all. I feel we continuously keep finding new lows.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 10:38 AM

What other response do you expect, Hibs are f***ing dire right now and there is no progress at all, we can't beat part time teams, FFS we can't even score goals against some of them, we are still soft touches and every team we play in this league think they have a good chance of turning us over whether that is home or away.

It's a results business, the manager and team aren't getting them.

LaMotta
12-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Did i think we would buy a new team and scoosh the league? No because ive become used to the club being a dismal failure.

Is it possible to buy a new team and scoosh the league? Hearts have proved that it is.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Did i think we would buy a new team and scoosh the league? No because ive become used to the club being a dismal failure.

Is it possible to buy a new team and scoosh the league? Hearts have proved that it is.

But Hearts have virtually the same squad as last season. :confused:

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 10:55 AM
We have made no progress from last season, the reason we have more of the ball and look more attacking this year is down to the quality of the opposition.

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2014, 11:00 AM
We struggle to win at home with more than 50% possession in every game ... that's not good and needs to be sorted, but its not time to give up yet FFS. We can make the play offs .... the aim must be to get to the end of the season with a team good enough and playing well enough to win 3 two legged matches.

As I see it what might help us is the teams we could end up against in those play offs, at least from a fans backing point of view.

As things stand game 1 is likely to be against QotS or Raith Rovers. We can take up at least half the crowd at either ground.

Get through that and game 2 will almost certainly be against the The Rangers. I can honestly see us taking a whole stand up, which would be a backing of 7,000 at a venue where we have already played well twice this season. I would back 7,000 Hibbies to out noise 43,000 current buns any old day of the week. Been there done that more than once :agree:

Win that and game 3 will be against a team who by definition have had a poor season and we will have a great backing no matter who we play.

I base all this on the fact that when it comes to the crunch we have a set of supporters who are willing to turn out.

None of that guarantees that we will win any game ... but its got to help surely.

lord bunberry
12-10-2014, 11:04 AM
We had a 5 year plan, we now have a 10 year plan. That's progress

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 11:04 AM
We struggle to win at home with more than 50% possession in every game ... that's not good and needs to be sorted, but its not time to give up yet FFS. We can make the play offs .... the aim must be to get to the end of the season with a team good enough and playing well enough to win 3 two legged matches.

As I see it what might help us is the teams we could end up against in those play offs, at least from a fans backing point of view.

As things stand game 1 is likely to be against QotS or Raith Rovers. We can take up at least half the crowd at either ground.

Get through that and game 2 will almost certainly be against the The Rangers. I can honestly see us taking a whole stand up, which would be a backing of 7,000 at a venue where we have already played well twice this season. I would back 7,000 Hibbies to out noise 43,000 current buns any old day of the week. Been there done that more than once :agree:

Win that and game 3 will be against a team who by definition have had a poor season and we will have a great backing no matter who we play.

I base all this on the fact that when it comes to the crunch we have a set of supporters who are willing to turn out.

Sorry but if we continue as we have from the first quarter of the season, we cant make the play offs.

McIntosh
12-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Hearts had a season to prepare for this. Our team is slowly being rebuilt - the challenges will be the replacement of craig and Robertson who are both in my opinion far to pedestrian, the installation of pace and ruthlessness in finishing. This will be progress we can all see and appreciate.

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Sorry but if we continue as we have from the first quarter of the season, we cant make the play offs.

You are correct ... but I live in hope that we can start turning domination of games into points. Poor as our results have been we are only 3 points away from 3rd place.

emerald green
12-10-2014, 11:19 AM
I agree that Hibs are "progressing", but only to the extent that it surely isn't possible to sink any lower than where the team had sunk to under Butcher & Malpas (or is it?). Therefore, it's not difficult to progress from that all-time low. I agree AS is trying to get his team to play passing football, rather than the "hoofball" under Butcher.

However, having said that, had Hibs not beaten Livingston with a flook goal from our goalkeeper, and scraped a 94th minute winner against Cowdenbeath, theoretically Hibs could be sitting joint bottom of the Championship this morning.

If the result, and performances like the one yesterday are progress, then that's simply not good enough. Hibs could have played all night and not scored a goal. No guile, no strong leadership on the pitch (captain substituted again yesterday when your captain should be on the pitch driving his team on), final ball/pass around the 18 yard box continues to be absolutely woeful.

Instead of losing to teams like Kilmarnock, St Mirren and Hamilton Accies we are now losing to Alloa and QOS. Any progress is not reflected in results.

Expecting Rain
12-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Depends on your definition of progress and standards, I see a team without any leaders that are patchy even in this league, we are toiling to handle the likes of Nish and Nade and we are still reliant upon some who got us relegated in the first place, even the dire teams can't make us look good.

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 11:28 AM
We're four unbeaten, so that's a wee something, though the 'wee' is the key word. If we can continue the run for a few more games, things could look much better. It's still early in the season and we need to improve measurably over the next couple of months. We must get ourselves in the play offs by hook or by crook.

Bishop Hibee
12-10-2014, 11:29 AM
The lack of a cutting edge and creativity is dreadful. The full backs and McGeouch did ok but despite all our attempts on goal we never looked convincing. As one of our company commented, how many players in our team would Raith Rovers and QoS be keen to sign up to improve their squads? I see mediocrity, not progress on the pitch, no interest from Farmer and Petrie and despair and anger from the fans.

Four games unbeaten sounds good but looking up the table it isn't good enough.

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 11:37 AM
You are correct ... but I live in hope that we can start turning domination of games into points. Poor as our results have been we are only 3 points away from 3rd place.

I would have hope if i thought we were genuinely progressing, but i don't. 60% possession yesterday did not tell the facts, we could have played all night and still not scored. Their keeper was troubled twice and one of those was from 25 yards. The game is not about keeping the ball off part timers for 90 minutes.
I would like to see Stubbs succeed, but i think that we will see no points from our next two games and the board may have to make a decision.

emerald green
12-10-2014, 11:46 AM
We're four unbeaten, so that's a wee something, though the 'wee' is the key word. If we can continue the run for a few more games, things could look much better. It's still early in the season and we need to improve measurably over the next couple of months. We must get ourselves in the play offs by hook or by crook.

Posters keep making this same point, but getting into the play-offs guarantees nothing of course.

Can you honestly see this Hibs squad (lets hope we stay injury free) winning possibly three play-off ties at the end of a long season, including one against possibly Hearts or The Rangers, then against an SPFL team which should be fighting for its survival in the top league.

I'm not trying to be deliberately "negative" here, just realistic, but at the moment I just can't see it. We cannot muster up a single goal against Dumbarton at home having had about 60% possession. How, and when is that going to change anytime soon? To get through play-off ties a team needs to score goals. Lots of them preferably.

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Posters keep making this same point, but getting into the play-offs guarantees nothing of course.

Can you honestly see this Hibs squad (lets hope we stay injury free) winning possibly three play-off ties at the end of a long season, including one against possibly Hearts or The Rangers, then against an SPFL team which should be fighting for its survival in the top league.

I'm not trying to be deliberately "negative" here, just realistic, but at the moment I just can't see it. We cannot muster up a single goal against Dumbarton at home having had about 60% possession. How, and when is that going to change anytime soon? To get through play-off ties a team needs to score goals. Lots of them preferably.

You're quite right, EG, and my personal opinion is that we won't get promoted this season. However, once in the play offs anything can happen, as we found to our cost last season. There is no excuse for failing to make eve a play off place.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 11:59 AM
Hearts had a season to prepare for this. Our team is slowly being rebuilt - the challenges will be the replacement of craig and Robertson who are both in my opinion far to pedestrian, the installation of pace and ruthlessness in finishing. This will be progress we can all see and appreciate.

I agree, and it goes against the idea that you have to buy a team to be successful. Sometimes you have to wait and let things happen of their own accord.

You really don't think we can improve enough to make up that three point gap we have on The Rovers?

neil7908
12-10-2014, 12:07 PM

RE the bit in bold - why not? What is it about Hibs that means we constantly want to downplay our expectations. With the budget we have there is no reason for us not to be up there with Hertz fighting for this title. McCoist will be sacked shortly once it becomes clear that he doesn't have ability to get his team promoted this year, the Rangers fans in my office are already wanting him gone as they wont except anything but success given their resources. Neilson is an inexperienced manager who had cobbled together a team over the summer and got them playing football and walking the league, why are we always making excuses for ourselves?

Fans used to be annoyed at accepting being mediocre in the SPL due to the size of the club, and correctly so. Now we seem to be OK with a being a mediocre team in the second tier of Scottish football who are struggling to beat part time teams on a regular basis, in front of an ever dwindling number of spectators.

This is the lowest I have felt in my 20 odd years of supporting the club. I'm aware folk on here will have been following the team for longer but I can only frame this with reference to my own experiences and I feel more disillusioned than when we went down last time, all the cup final defeats, the Malmo game etc.

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 12:18 PM
I agree, and it goes against the idea that you have to buy a team to be successful. Sometimes you have to wait and let things happen of their own accord.

You really don't think we can improve enough to make up that three point gap we have on The Rovers?

I really dont think we can improve enough to make up points on any of the teams above us at the moment, in fact i believe we have more points than we deserve given that we got out of jail against Livi and Cowdenbeath. I dont know what you have seen yourself to suggest improvement, or is it just blind faith?

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:21 PM
I really dont think we can improve enough to make up points on any of the teams above us at the moment, in fact i believe we have more points than we deserve given that we got out of jail against Livi and Cowdenbeath. I dont know what you have seen yourself to suggest improvement, or is it just blind faith?

It's the improvement in form, admittedly from an awful starting point. It's the fact that the players needed to get used to other teams. It's the fact that its taken us a while to get going in the lower league the last two times. Also, our full time status will work for us over the winter months.

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 12:30 PM
It's the improvement in form, admittedly from an awful starting point. It's the fact that the players needed to get used to other teams. It's the fact that its taken us a while to get going in the lower league the last two times. Also, our full time status will work for us over the winter months.

The problem i have is that i dont think there has been an improvement in form since last season. Its purely that we are playing vastly poorer sides. Celtic against Hearts in the cup showed you the quality of this league.

mmmmhibby
12-10-2014, 12:30 PM
What other response do you expect, Hibs are f***ing dire right now and there is no progress at all, we can't beat part time teams, FFS we can't even score goals against some of them, we are still soft touches and every team we play in this league think they have a good chance of turning us over whether that is home or away.

It's a results business, the manager and team aren't getting them.

Correct!! It will probably hit us more when they are pishing towards the league title and we are scrapping for a play-off spot at best.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:37 PM
The problem i have is that i dont think there has been an improvement in form since last season. Its purely that we are playing vastly poorer sides. Celtic against Hearts in the cup showed you the quality of this league.

Well if you consider the form in the last quarter of last season and the first quarter of this one there is an improvement. You say we are playing vastly inferior sides, but they are the sides we are competing with.

Confidence will grow as a result.

IanM
12-10-2014, 12:45 PM

Yesterday was out first clean sheet in the league (if you discount the playoff) since March. 18 or 19 games

step in the right direction :wink:

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Well if you consider the form in the last quarter of last season and the first quarter of this one there is an improvement. You say we are playing vastly inferior sides, but they are the sides we are competing with.

Confidence will grow as a result.

By that rational if we dropped down another division we would look like world beaters. You are gauging improvements on points picked up in different divisions. Of course we will pick up more points this season than last. Its part timers we are playing here.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:52 PM
By that rational if we dropped down another division we would look like world beaters. You are gauging improvements on points picked up in different divisions. Of course we will pick up more points this season than last. Its part timers we are playing here.

No we are talking about the potential for improvement, which I think us possible and you don't. I think we've bottomed out and are starting to go in the right direction very slowly.

We will know how bad we are by Christmas, but I'd be surprised if we were out of touch with a play off spot.

PeeJay
12-10-2014, 01:05 PM
We were in the SPFL and couldn't score goals so we dropped a league where we still can't score goals - not even against poorer teams and part timers - there may be something happening at ER, but it certainly does not appear to be progress to me. With this useless manager and team we will still be in the Championship next season ... the OP really needs to step back and look at the rubbish being served up at ER - Hearts have a GD of 22 and a lead of 14 points over us, we have a GD of 0, sums it all up really.

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM
No we are talking about the potential for improvement, which I think us possible and you don't. I think we've bottomed out and are starting to go in the right direction very slowly.

We will know how bad we are by Christmas, but I'd be surprised if we were out of touch with a play off spot.

Well one of us will be right. Speak to you again at Christmas. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Well one of us will be right. Speak to you again at Christmas. :wink:

Hope it's me. :greengrin

Itsnoteasy
12-10-2014, 01:45 PM

They signed 8 new players this season. Not far off a full team.

Ricky Bobby
12-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Hope it's me. :greengrin

So do i :aok:

LaMotta
12-10-2014, 01:50 PM

They have signed 9 new players :confused:

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:51 PM
They signed 8 new players this season. Not far off a full team.

Fair point.

sesoim
12-10-2014, 02:46 PM

:agree: When crowds are going down and we are struggling to beat even p/t teams, we can only be going in one direction.

davieh
12-10-2014, 03:00 PM
One of the reasons many folk (self included) were so p****d off with Fenlon/Butcher was the eye-bleeding football we played. W'ere playing much better football the now, and I really think a string of good results isn't far away.

hibsbollah
12-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Clean sheet. Dunno what yous are moaning about :dunno:

Crops73
12-10-2014, 03:26 PM

No progress at all.

THEY are progressing - we are not.

Eyrie
12-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Clean sheet. Dunno what yous are moaning about :dunno:

Because our strikers managed a clean sheet as well? :dunno:

eastcoasthibby
12-10-2014, 03:54 PM

Really ???? apart from a good quality new goalie, 2 real premiership quality experienced solid central midfielders and a decent quality centre forward and that's just off the top of my head ...there are more but adding these 4 to that young hardworking and committed team, pulling all this together is a managment team with a strong awareness of how to get results in the scottish game !!
sorry hate who they are across the city but ...credit where it is due they have got things right !!!!

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 04:22 PM
Really ???? apart from a good quality new goalie, 2 real premiership quality experienced solid central midfielders and a decent quality centre forward and that's just off the top of my head ...there are more but adding these 4 to that young hardworking and committed team, pulling all this together is a managment team with a strong awareness of how to get results in the scottish game !!
sorry hate who they are across the city but ...credit where it is due they have got things right !!!!

Yes, I know that now. :aok: (See earlier replies).

keep the faith
12-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Sounds like Leanne is fed up of the usual suspect negative posters too.

boab1875
12-10-2014, 11:17 PM

sorry but to suggest we are progressing is absolute pish. we have been awful for some time now because of the clowns who run and play for this club. We are an utter shambles. Nobody suggested we would breeze the league but nobody thought we would struggle so badly either. The sooner real change comes the better, but I am certainly not hopeful that it will be delivered any time soon. Would love to be proved wrong though.

kdhibees1
13-10-2014, 01:51 AM
Christ.net is depressing these days. Am oot

keep the faith
19-10-2014, 10:47 AM

Got slaughtered for this post last weekend. I stand by it ever more so now.

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Got slaughtered for this post last weekend. I stand by it ever more so now.

Robertson was man of the match yesterday. :wink:

Phil D. Rolls
19-10-2014, 11:01 AM
sorry but to suggest we are progressing is absolute pish. we have been awful for some time now because of the clowns who run and play for this club. We are an utter shambles. Nobody suggested we would breeze the league but nobody thought we would struggle so badly either. The sooner real change comes the better, but I am certainly not hopeful that it will be delivered any time soon. Would love to be proved wrong though.

Four goals and a clean sheet yesterday from the clowns. You've got to laugh.

keep the faith
19-10-2014, 11:11 AM

You pick up on the Robertson point! 😅 What do you find to do with yourself when we win??

Billy Whizz
19-10-2014, 11:13 AM

Much better, but Handling was the pick for me, positive in everything he did

blackpoolhibs
19-10-2014, 11:20 AM
You pick up on the Robertson point!  What do you find to do with yourself when we win??

Strange question but i will answer, i enjoyed it like i do with every win. :confused:

weonlywon6-2
19-10-2014, 11:41 AM
We are getting there albeit its taking time.My concerns are injuries and having a thin squad but the livi game was another boost.Hopefully we can keep moving on after this.

Heisenberg
19-10-2014, 12:05 PM
4 unbeaten #progress

5 unbeaten #moreprogress

Jim44
19-10-2014, 12:11 PM
I think we have made some progress from the garbage which got us relegated last season. It looks as if we can now compete with the other mediocre Championship teams and earlier fears of downward spiralling is unlikely. However, IMHO, we have let the Jambos build a probably unassailable lead. I say 'unassailable' as I simply don't think their 'expected' slump will materialise, at least not to the extent that we will be a challenge. If anything, they might lose out to the The Rangers, for top spot but they have to be strong favourites for promotion. I won't be happy with, but will settle for, a consistent effort to be involved in the play-offs. Consolidate and build on this over the summer and we will be the team to beat next season.

hibbydog
19-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I think we have made some progress from the garbage which got us relegated last season. It looks as if we can now compete with the other mediocre Championship teams and earlier fears of downward spiralling is unlikely. However, IMHO, we have let the Jambos build a probably unassailable lead. I say 'unassailable' as I simply don't think their 'expected' slump will materialise, at least not to the extent that we will be a challenge. If anything, they might lose out to the The Rangers, for top spot but they have to be strong favourites for promotion. I won't be happy with, but will settle for, a consistent effort to be involved in the play-offs. Consolidate and build on this over the summer and we will be the team to beat next season.

A well balanced view. Agree.

greenlex
04-01-2015, 10:37 AM
.................and just a couple of months later.:greengrin interesting.

SaulGoodman
04-01-2015, 10:41 AM
.................and just a couple of months later.:greengrin interesting.

I wouldn't get too cocky, a defeat next week and it will all be back to normal here :wink:

greenlex
04-01-2015, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't get too cocky, a defeat next week and it will all be back to normal here :wink: of that there is no doubt.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
04-01-2015, 10:55 AM
I'd say we have made good progress in the last month 6 weeks or so, even though that includes a defeat away to Falkirk. There appears to be a belief in the team now, that they believe they can win games and compete against anyone.

We also are playing some better stuff that is much easier on the eye, and are creating chances and finally taking them now.

Onwards and upwards, and when as before i thought promotion was only a dream, now i feel we do have a chance of going up. :pray:

Ozyhibby
04-01-2015, 10:55 AM
We're further away from the top of the league than when the thread started. ;-)

CallumLaidlaw
04-01-2015, 02:04 PM
We're further away from the top of the league than when the thread started. ;-)

Trust you to find a negative slant on this thread

Ozyhibby
04-01-2015, 02:20 PM
Trust you to find a negative slant on this thread

It's a gift :-)

keep the faith
04-01-2015, 03:19 PM
This thread is an interesting read. Hopefully when we have our next blip (and we will) the usual posters will keep their hair on.
Exciting times at hibs. We have progressed so far so quickly but we must support the long term stubbs project and have some patience.

Ozyhibby
04-01-2015, 03:25 PM
This thread is an interesting read. Hopefully when we have our next blip (and we will) the usual posters will keep their hair on.
Exciting times at hibs. We have progressed so far so quickly but we must support the long term stubbs project and have some patience.

I see it more as a Leeann Dempster and George Craig project. Stubbs is obviously a key part of the project but I get the impression the project has been designed in a way that a change in head coach is a much smoother process in future.

ahibby
05-01-2015, 03:05 PM
I am not sure that we are better than the last time we played The Rangers and Hearts. We humped Rangers on both occasions and drew 1-1 with Hearts on both occasions and so based on that, we are at the same level. On the other hand we have improved one or two places in the league since the last time we played those two so you could argue we have improved. It depends on how you look at it. Personally I don't think we have improved that much since the last time we played those two but perhaps the teams below us and above us are not as good as they were, wtf?