PDA

View Full Version : Where do we go from here?

Real Emerald
11-10-2014, 11:30 PM
We have come from being a mid to low table SPL club (which is shocking on its own) to a mid to low table championship club. We seem unable to create real chances and can't dominate part time teams at home in a 20k stadium, where do we go from here? Is our rookie manager the answer? Who knows, but if something doesn't change soon we are in real danger of losing thousands of fans for ever. We as fans have backed our team to the hilt but something really needs to be done to stop this rot. WHAT CAN WE DO TO SAVE OUR CLUB???

gegs70
11-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Yes I agree...

We needed wholesale changes in players but really that kind of didn't happen.

We screwed than fans by not reducing ticket prices and yet gave away tickets. Luckily we won't be achieving or shouldn't achieve promotion as we really don't have good enough squad.

I fully believe that if they get itbright on the park the rest will fall in line but it ain't that easy???

Real Emerald
11-10-2014, 11:51 PM
Yes I agree...

We needed wholesale changes in players but really that kind of didn't happen.

We screwed than fans by not reducing ticket prices and yet gave away tickets. Luckily we won't be achieving or shouldn't achieve promotion as we really don't have good enough squad.

I fully believe that if they get itbright on the park the rest will fall in line but it ain't that easy???

I know my answer to my own question won't be popular but I think Butcher knew the squad was full of losers and would have emptied everyone at the end of season. He boobed by telling the player that and from nowhere we were relegated. The midfield of Craig and Robertson are as bad in the championship as they were in the premiership and I believe that's what Butcher would have changed. Until the backbone of Pat Fenlon's team are removed from Easter Road, we will not improve in my opinion.

Haymaker
11-10-2014, 11:53 PM
Probably down.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2014, 12:00 AM
In response to the thread title

Is it down to the lake I fear?

Pete
12-10-2014, 12:09 AM
I know my answer to my own question won't be popular but I think Butcher knew the squad was full of losers and would have emptied everyone at the end of season. He boobed by telling the player that and from nowhere we were relegated. The midfield of Craig and Robertson are as bad in the championship as they were in the premiership and I believe that's what Butcher would have changed. Until the backbone of Pat Fenlon's team are removed from Easter Road, we will not improve in my opinion.

You're spot on.

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 12:23 AM

But Butcher is the main reason we're in the Championship. His tenure was the most lamentable I've seen; even worse than Calderwood. I think the club is still in shock from it, and is struggling to adjust to the reality. Personally, I'm still wondering how the hell it happened. Butcher is a disgrace.

Real Emerald
12-10-2014, 12:30 AM
But Butcher is the main reason we're in the Championship. His tenure was the most lamentable I've seen; even worse than Calderwood. I think the club is still in shock from it, and is struggling to adjust to the reality. Personally, I'm still wondering how the hell it happened. Butcher is a disgrace.

I've no love for Butcher but it is Pat Fenlon's players that took us to where we are and it's his failures that are still failing us???

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 12:32 AM
I've no love for Butcher but it is Pat Fenlon's players that took us to where we are and it's his failures that are still failing us???

I don't think Fenlon would have relegated us. Butcher was far, far worse.

Real Emerald
12-10-2014, 12:40 AM

I kind of agree but LG on his own with 27 goals in a crap team saved us. Pat Fenlon would have survived and kept us in top division but how anyone could champion his brand of dyer part time LOI football at Easter Road is beyond me . Maybe I'm privileged in seeing a good hibs team and not putting up with the dross we have today. PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!!!

Hibernia&Alba
12-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I kind of agree but LG on his own with 27 goals in a crap team saved us. Pat Fenlon would have survived and kept us in top division but how anyone could champion his brand of dyer part time LOI football at Easter Road is beyond me . Maybe I'm privileged in seeing a good hibs team and not putting up with the dross we have today. PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!!!

By the time Fenlon was emptied it was clear he'd taken things as far as he could and things wouldn't get better. But what I didn't expect from Butcher was for things to become far worse. I really thought Butcher would improve us, which turned out to be completely wrong. Anybody could have kept Hibs up last season from the position Butcher inherited, yet he managed to create a total capitulation, incapable of producing the single win we required in the run in to stay up. It was unbelievable.

Liberal Hibby
12-10-2014, 12:58 AM

I kind of agree too. We weren't going anywhere with Fenlon - certainly not down a division with shattered confidence.

We have to make it stop by stopping sacking managers - and that means fans need to have a bit more patience. I actually think the rot started when Mixu was sacked - to think fans were calling for his head because we finished 6th in the SPL.

Stubbs needs time - even if that means he learns on the job and we don't go up this year.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Keep following the lemmings.

Real Emerald
12-10-2014, 01:07 AM
Keep following the lemmings.

What does that mean when trying to discuss another inept performance today at Easter Road? It's very cryptic and its late lol

edit: this lemming's off to bed (it's only fitba!)

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 01:18 AM
What does that mean when trying to discuss another inept performance today at Easter Road? It's very cryptic and its late lol

Oh it won't be popular and i will obviously be labelled a troll. Those folk who keep telling us that they will turn up every week no matter if we are relegated to the 3rd division need to give themselves a shake. Yes its great that you can say you support this club through thick and thin, but they are taking the absolute piss out of your loyalty.

This club as it is now does not give a toss about you, Petrie and Farmer know you as numbers and until such times as they realise everyone wont take any of their bull**** anymore they will continue to feed you sheite. We need to have an organised boycott of everything the club sell from shirts to tickets.

Don't spend another penny on those charlatans running the club, get them out of the place and lets get someone in who cares about the place again.

kaimendhibs
12-10-2014, 02:08 AM
We have come from being a mid to low table SPL club (which is shocking on its own) to a mid to low table championship club. We seem unable to create real chances and can't dominate part time teams at home in a 20k stadium, where do we go from here? Is our rookie manager the answer? Who knows, but if something doesn't change soon we are in real danger of losing thousands of fans for ever. We as fans have backed our team to the hilt but something really needs to be done to stop this rot. WHAT CAN WE DO TO SAVE OUR CLUB???

We could listen to you!! Saw you on another thread, bore off mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we are hibs
12-10-2014, 06:06 AM
Usually relegation is a boot up the arse for most normal clubs.... We aren't a normal club though, we have absolute duds running/ruining/killing our club. The damage is done and I don't see how we are going to recover from this now until the clowns in charge of the whole club are gone.

Hibs7
12-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Where do we go from here ..... As far away from Hibs as possible !! Sadly

In my case Baku in Azerbijan .. Thankfully

percy veer
12-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Oh it won't be popular and i will obviously be labelled a troll. Those folk who keep telling us that they will turn up every week no matter if we are relegated to the 3rd division need to give themselves a shake. Yes its great that you can say you support this club through thick and thin, but they are taking the absolute piss out of your loyalty.

This club as it is now does not give a toss about you, Petrie and Farmer know you as numbers and until such times as they realise everyone wont take any of their bull**** anymore they will continue to feed you sheite. We need to have an organised boycott of everything the club sell from shirts to tickets.

Don't spend another penny on those charlatans running the club, get them out of the place and lets get someone in who cares about the place again.

Agree 100% and it looks like more fans are getting bored with hibs less than 8000 there today but will Petrie and co really care

Stuarty27
12-10-2014, 08:23 AM
What is the common denomiter here??

Answer the players:

Time to empty Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig,Robertson, Heffernan, these guys are bunch of gutless losers with no fight who got the club relegated and now a mid table champiosnhip side.

Surely Stubbsy can see this, these guys are so bad its no real espically our Captain Liam Criag, The hatred i feel for our captain cannot be described in words. When he argues with the refs pretending he actually cares make my blood boil.

I would MUCH rather see the younger boys come in and play. I dont go to the under 20 games but I was at a couple of pre-seasn games and It was the first time I got a look at the younger boys and they are much better than whats playing. Time for change!

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 08:27 AM

Answer the players:

Time to empty Hanlon, Stevenson, Craig,Robertson, Heffernan, these guys are bunch of gutless losers with no fight who got the club relegated and now a mid table champiosnhip side.

Surely Stubbsy can see this, these guys are so bad its no real espically our Captain Liam Criag, The hatred i feel for our captain cannot be described in words. When he argues with the refs pretending he actually cares make my blood boil.

I would MUCH rather see the younger boys come in and play. I dont go to the under 20 games but I was at a couple of pre-seasn games and It was the first time I got a look at the younger boys and they are much better than whats playing. Time for change!

Always nice to hear from posters who are comfortable with their hatred.

Ronniekirk
12-10-2014, 08:51 AM
By the time Fenlon was emptied it was clear he'd taken things as far as he could and things wouldn't get better. But what I didn't expect from Butcher was for things to become far worse. I really thought Butcher would improve us, which turned out to be completely wrong. Anybody could have kept Hibs up last season from the position Butcher inherited, yet he managed to create a total capitulation, incapable of producing the single win we required in the run in to stay up. It was unbelievable.

Seemingly he has always been a keen Gardner and makes his own manure .There is no doubt he dropped us right in it . petrie would have kept him on as he brought motherwell and inverness Caley straight back up .Leeann clearly decided early on she couldn't work with him so we will never know if he would have brought us straight back up or not .
But agree we wouldn't be stuck with Craig and Robertson .

The problem I have is that Stubbs was chosen to bridge the Dissconnect between Academy and First Team Squad ..We all know that will take time so maybe those that predicted we are in the Championship for more than one season are right.

What is strange is that Stubbs has quickly discarded Harris,handling and Stanton who were all playing in pre season and at the outset of this campaign and no new player has been introduced from the Academy .

He has gone back to the old guard who got us relegated presumably thinking they have the experience ,but in so doing he has slowed play down The qick slick passing of the younger players on display at Ibrox has long gone . kennedy came in from the cold yesterday but wasn't part of the under 20 team that beat rangers, Stanton was and must of been brimming with confidence after his hat trick .
My point is Stubbs is inexperienced so to bring us back up at first time of asking was possibly mission impossible under the circumstances he was brought in under .

So so do we accept we may not come up this season and play younger players who will be inconsistent but better prepared for the challenge next season or do we keep tinkering with formations and players in hope he keeps us in contention for top four place and at some point in next six months he starts to get it right . By the time play offs come injuries and Suspenions could in a smaller squad be factors that work against us so it's all a bit up in the air in that regard anyway

leggeto
12-10-2014, 09:05 AM

Free money from someone is the only way to change us or bring back sparky :)

Vini1875
12-10-2014, 09:10 AM
I have heard a lot about Stantons confidence because we pumped the huns and he should be straight back, but what if the huns team was very young or poor or both. I think Sam needs to brought along and confidence built. A few good performances from at U20 might be the way to do it. Some of our players are not prepared for the tackling we have been getting and may have slipped into their shells, I think Sam is one of those.

Where we go from here is that Stubbs begins to understand the teams and standard we are up against and alters tactics to suit. Man Up classes would be a start.

bigwheel
12-10-2014, 09:16 AM

Honestly, we have to give up on this nonsense argument...Pat Fenlon was picking up over double the amount of points per game than Butcher did...it was Butcher's management of the players that took us down...

In answer to the OP, the players dig in and work harder, the manager learns every week, and we set about getting get as near 20+ points from the second quarter of games as we can...that should see us into top 4, then we build again in the second half of the season...that's what we do....we get better.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 09:18 AM
I don't think Stubbs will be here much longer. The results have been dreadful and he does not have the same type of contract Butcher had. There will be no garden leave situation. Anything less than 4 points from next two games and I think he is away.

SunshineOnLeith
12-10-2014, 09:37 AM

Fenlon's contract was up in the summer and wouldn't have been renewed. That protest outside the west stand after the league cup defeat to hearts started a sequence of events which lead us to where we are now.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Fenlon's contract was up in the summer and wouldn't have been renewed. That protest outside the west stand after the league cup defeat to hearts started a sequence of events which lead us to where we are now.

Fans fault again?

Dirkster23
12-10-2014, 09:41 AM
I don't think Stubbs will be here much longer. The results have been dreadful and he does not have the same type of contract Butcher had. There will be no garden leave situation. Anything less than 4 points from next two games and I think he is away.

I'm pretty sure we'd be able to terminate his contract in the summer, but before that we'll be paying another manager to play golf.

I also can't see any way that LD looks to sack him before the summer. If she did, she'd be admitting her first appointment was failure and no better than those RP appointed.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Fans fault again?

Of course.

The fact a strong CEO would have stood by his man rather than bowing to a protest of a couple of hundred folk must not be mentioned. Or the fact PF has stated he had already decided to leave prior to that game, a rumour that had done the rounds on here for weeks, is also irrelevant apparently.

Ronniekirk
12-10-2014, 09:44 AM
Stubbs went on record earlier this week to say certain players are taking longer to adjust to the Championship than he thought Assume Allan is one of those players and possibly the younger players and could be why he has reverted to the old guard and brining in alllan and then dropping him and leaving out the younger players

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 09:46 AM

Fans fault again?

They got what they wanted.

Of course.

The fact a strong CEO would have stood by his man rather than bowing to a protest of a couple of hundred folk must not be mentioned. Or the fact PF has stated he had already decided to leave prior to that game, a rumour that had done the rounds on here for weeks, is also irrelevant apparently.

This would be a good point if it wasn't for the fact that they'd been on his back for weeks before it.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty sure we'd be able to terminate his contract in the summer, but before that we'll be paying another manager to play golf.

I also can't see any way that LD looks to sack him before the summer. If she did, she'd be admitting her first appointment was failure and no better than those RP appointed.

Dempster had no problem admitting Gannon was a mistake at Motherwell.
The second you realise you made a mistake is the moment you act to rectify it otherwise you are then consciously making another. That's a slippery road to go down.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Stubbs went on record earlier this week to say certain players are taking longer to adjust to the Championship than he thought Assume Allan is one of those players and possibly the younger players and could be why he has reverted to the old guard and brining in alllan and then dropping him and leaving out the younger players

I saw that interview, i too have taken more time to adjust to Herons Reach golf course that i played twice last week. I just put it down to me being pish at golf.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 09:50 AM
They got what they wanted.

This would be a good point if it wasn't for the fact that they'd been on his back for weeks before it.

We'd been pish for weeks before it. If Rod wanted PF to remain in charge he would have remained so, if he chose to bow to a vocal section of the support that's not the fault of the fans. I'm not sure of PFs reasons for leaving but I'd hope it wasn't because he couldn't take a bit criticism after some of the disasters he oversaw.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 09:55 AM
We'd been pish for weeks before it. If Rod wanted PF to remain in charge he would have remained so, if he chose to bow to a vocal section of the support that's not the fault of the fans. I'm not sure of PFs reasons for leaving but I'd hope it wasn't because he couldn't take a bit criticism after some of the disasters he oversaw.

Fan pressure wouldn't have made the job any easier. Player confidence was shot to bits.

If fans are going to call for change, they have to be prepared to take responsibility when they get it wrong. I'd say, given what followed, it was wrong to call for Fenlons head at the time.

Furthermore the vast majority of fans appears to have been happy with Butcher.Maybe fans would be better off not involving themselves in big decisions.

Hamish
12-10-2014, 09:56 AM
I said coming out, no lack of effort, we just aren't very good.

Midfield is definitely the problem. There have been enough posts about how bad the centre pairing were/have been without me adding to it. Crying out for a midfielder a la Zemmama, Boozy who has the ability to break down a packed defence.

McGeouch and Cummings were the only ones who looked likely to score. Gray and Stevenson both did great work down the lines, but their final balls were poor.

Onion
12-10-2014, 10:00 AM

:agree: Mr Petrie and Ms Dempster are working hard to prevent any future recurrence by reducing the fan levels to manageable numbers, and removing those who give a ****. Should be complete by the end of this season.

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 10:02 AM
:agree: Mr Petrie and Ms Dempster are working hard to prevent any future recurrence by reducing the fan levels to manageable numbers, and removing those who give a ****. Should be complete by the end of this season.

It would be funny if it wasn't so accurate.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:05 AM

Sir,

From Leanne (swoon) to Ms Dempster in 3 months takes some doing. I hate to think what'll be written on her Xmas cards at this rate.

Angry, Abbeyhill

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2014, 10:27 AM

Answer the players:

The words Stevenson, gutless and no fight do not and never have belonged in the same sentence mate ..... Lewis footballing ability is open to question .... but as someone who has seen 99.9% of his home games for Hibs and a number of his away games I can assure you that I have never seen him pull out of a 60/40 tackle, never mind a 50/50 .. I have never seen him give up in a game either, he always gives 100% for 90 minutes.

If half of the folk with twice his ability had shown half his attitude over the last 7 years we would never have gotten into this mess in the first place.

Fine .... Bin him for someone with more ability, but not for a lack of attitude, that is just an insult he doesn't deserve.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Fan pressure wouldn't have made the job any easier. Player confidence was shot to bits.

If fans are going to call for change, they have to be prepared to take responsibility when they get it wrong. I'd say, given what followed, it was wrong to call for Fenlons head at the time.

Furthermore the vast majority of fans appears to have been happy with Butcher.Maybe fans would be better off not involving themselves in big decisions.

We weren't involved in the decision to appoint Butcher or any other manager for that matter.

Dirkster23
12-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Dempster had no problem admitting Gannon was a mistake at Motherwell.
The second you realise you made a mistake is the moment you act to rectify it otherwise you are then consciously making another. That's a slippery road to go down.

Gannon was sacked by Motherwell when they became aware he was looking for another job, not because of results.

Only LD can tell you if she thinks she made a mistake appointing Stubbs.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:50 AM
We weren't involved in the decision to appoint Butcher or any other manager for that matter.

And the board paid no attention to the clamour on here to go for Butcher. That, after paying no attention to the clamour to remove Fenlon.

Im not sure if its a good thing, or a bad thing that they don't listen to the fans, and don't make decisions that the fans agree with.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 10:54 AM
And the board paid no attention to the clamour on here to go for Butcher. That, after paying no attention to the clamour to remove Fenlon.

Im not sure if its a good thing, or a bad thing that they don't listen to the fans, and don't make decisions that the fans agree with.

If the board are making decisions based on what fans on a messageboard think then I'd be worried.

A bunch of random people hidden behind an internet pseudonyms influencing the major decisions at a, relatively speaking, big football club. I'd say whoever was responsible for such a policy should be removed from their position. Especially when they pay so little attention to far smaller issues which are often pointed out to them.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 11:00 AM
If the board are making decisions based on what fans on a messageboard think then I'd be worried.

A bunch of random people hidden behind an internet pseudonyms influencing the major decisions at a, relatively speaking, big football club. I'd say whoever was responsible for such a policy should be removed from their position. Especially when they pay so little attention to far smaller issues which are often pointed out to them.

It's strange then that the poor decisions the board make coincide with opinion on here. Regardless of whether they listen, it brings the validity of opinions onto here into serious doubt.

As the main forum for Hibs fans, it raises question marks over whether fan power is worth anything at all. It's like Alex Miller said, "the fans' team wins every week, because it never makes it onto the pitch".

Except in this case, the fans' choices have been tried, and failed.

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 11:07 AM
It's strange then that the poor decisions the board make coincide with opinion on here. Regardless of whether they listen, it brings the validity of opinions onto here into serious doubt.

As the main forum for Hibs fans, it raises question marks over whether fan power is worth anything at all. It's like Alex Miller said, "the fans' team wins every week, because it never makes it onto the pitch".

Except in this case, the fans' choices have been tried, and failed.

So we're agreed that fans shouldn't be influencing decisions at the club? I would have thought that was a given since we only see a small part of how the club is run.

And as much as I'm a fan of .net I've never been under any illusion of the validity of opinion on here. It's as valid as chat in the pub or a 5 minute conversation before starting work in the morning.

leggeto
12-10-2014, 01:10 PM
The words Stevenson, gutless and no fight do not and never have belonged in the same sentence mate ..... Lewis footballing ability is open to question .... but as someone who has seen 99.9% of his home games for Hibs and a number of his away games I can assure you that I have never seen him pull out of a 60/40 tackle, never mind a 50/50 .. I have never seen him give up in a game either, he always gives 100% for 90 minutes.

If half of the folk with twice his ability had shown half his attitude over the last 7 years we would never have gotten into this mess in the first place.

Fine .... Bin him for someone with more ability, but not for a lack of attitude, that is just an insult he doesn't deserve.

Agreed good shout

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:14 PM
So we're agreed that fans shouldn't be influencing decisions at the club? I would have thought that was a given since we only see a small part of how the club is run.

And as much as I'm a fan of .net I've never been under any illusion of the validity of opinion on here. It's as valid as chat in the pub or a 5 minute conversation before starting work in the morning.

We are agreed. :agree:

matty_f
12-10-2014, 01:14 PM
Fans fault again?

Apparently if the fans weren't lemmings this wouldn't have happened. I think that was the point Blackpool Hibs was making, so I think that does make it the fans' fault, just different fans from last time it was our fault.

12-10-2014, 01:40 PM

Fenlon wouldn't have relegated us, we would have finished mid to low table (nowhere near good enough btw) but not relegated. Butcher took a less than average team but a team capable of staying up and basically put us into complete free fall. One of his biggest mistakes was coming in and telling more than half the team he didn't rate them and wanted them away in the summer. He was absolutely correct in the sense that yes, most of the team needed cleared out but to tell them that in January was a huge mistake. Hardly good for the morale and how do you expect the players to give 100% for you if you have basically told them you don't think they are good enough and you want them out at the next opportunity.

Butcher was a nightmare. I thought he would instil a bit of toughness and a bit of attitude to them team, unfortunately we could not have been more the opposite. A completely weak, gutless bunch of impostors.

12-10-2014, 01:43 PM

Agree, certainly could never fault Stevenson for his effort and attitude. Not the best player but gives 110% every single time, shows more fight and determination than last years team put together.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Apparently if the fans weren't lemmings this wouldn't have happened. I think that was the point Blackpool Hibs was making, so I think that does make it the fans' fault, just different fans from last time it was our fault.

Give yourself a warning for trolling.

matty_f
12-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Give yourself a warning for trolling.

It was just humour.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 02:17 PM
It was just humour.

Exactly.

sesoim
12-10-2014, 02:34 PM

We did finish 11th with Fenlon in his first season in charge though. If there had been a play-off that season, who knows.

Butcher was a disgrace for getting us relegated, but I honestly think we'd have had a better chance of promotion this season if we had kept him. Certain types of players respond to his style, and I'm pretty sure Butcher would have brought in a bunch of fighters who would have made it more difficult for the opposition than Stubbs and his lot are doing.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 02:35 PM

:top marks

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 02:37 PM
We did finish 11th with Fenlon in his first season in charge though. If there had been a play-off that season, who knows.

Butcher was a disgrace for getting us relegated, but I honestly think we'd have had a better chance of promotion this season if we had kept him. Certain types of players respond to his style, and I'm pretty sure Butcher would have brought in a bunch of fighters who would have made it more difficult for the opposition than Stubbs and his lot are doing.

The man was a complete and utter donkey who has screwed up more times than he's been lucky. Thank goodness he's gone.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 02:50 PM

And what decisions would they be.?

Fans can shout and ball that they want the manager out just like they can say they would love Butcher as the new one, but the fans don't make that decision, that is left down to the Board to do or are you saying they are listening to the the fans and going on our say so, if so sack the f***ing lot of them, this has nothing to do with the fans and more to do with the f*** ups Petrie has made.

Not everyone was happy when Butcher was appointed.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Sir,

From Leanne (swoon) to Ms Dempster in 3 months takes some doing. I hate to think what'll be written on her Xmas cards at this rate.

Angry, Abbeyhill

It won't be Leanne that's for sure. :wink:

Having a go at folk about what they are calling her and you can't even spell her name properly. :aok:

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 03:01 PM
:talkh:

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 03:16 PM
:loser:

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 03:20 PM
:faf:

sesoim
12-10-2014, 04:01 PM

:agree: 100% spot on. I wouldn't have agreed before, but what is the worst that happens if we stop going, stop putting money in? We go into administration and somebody with real passion for the club can then buy us a for a couple of million debt free. To me, that is preferable to sitting watching us slowly die while STF and Petrie hold out for our 2007 market value.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 04:02 PM
:shhhsh!:

sesoim
12-10-2014, 04:16 PM

I think Fenlon would have eventually taken us down. We went on horrible runs two years running when he was in charge. We were already starting to look like it was happening again when Fenlon bolted, and he knew himself that only Griffiths saved him from going sooner.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 04:23 PM
I think Fenlon would have eventually taken us down. We went on horrible runs two years running when he was in charge. We were already starting to look like it was happening again when Fenlon bolted, and he knew himself that only Griffiths saved him from going sooner.

I don't think he would. Butcher inherited a team that was in the hunt for Europe and did the impossible.

GreenCastle
12-10-2014, 04:31 PM
It makes me laugh reading some posts on here.

It's like Groundhog Day - it's Fenlons players, it's Butchers players still and give it time etc - yes they have contributed including TB taking us down against all odds but its more simple!

It's not the fans fault but too many are too soft and are really not seeing the main problem and has been for last several years - those that are running our club are clueless and until RP or STF move on we are underneath a dark cloud.

I have even hearing there will be some serious action and changes in the next few weeks - things have been going on behind the scenes to make real change happen and that's to do with ownership of the club.

I have posted my concerns about LD recently - basically not up to the job and a shield for RP and co.

On the playing front - we have reached a severe plateau. After moments of looking like we may improve we still struggle to win games against part timers and struggle to score goals.

We will be lucky to get top 4 and if we do we have no chance going up this season.

My worry is next season we will have to start again as we have so many loan players this season once again.

We are in a real mess - severe lack of leadership on the park and non existent leadership off it = moving without any direction and failing to win football games = knock on effect of frustrated fans and massive loss of income.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 04:56 PM
It makes me laugh reading some posts on here.

It's like Groundhog Day - it's Fenlons players, it's Butchers players still and give it time etc - yes they have contributed including TB taking us down against all odds but its more simple!

It's not the fans fault but too many are too soft and are really not seeing the main problem and has been for last several years - those that are running our club are clueless and until RP or STF move on we are underneath a dark cloud.

I have even hearing there will be some serious action and changes in the next few weeks - things have been going on behind the scenes to make real change happen and that's to do with ownership of the club.

I have posted my concerns about LD recently - basically not up to the job and a shield for RP and co.

On the playing front - we have reached a severe plateau. After moments of looking like we may improve we still struggle to win games against part timers and struggle to score goals.

We will be lucky to get top 4 and if we do we have no chance going up this season.

My worry is next season we will have to start again as we have so many loan players this season once again.

We are in a real mess - severe lack of leadership on the park and non existent leadership off it = moving without any direction and failing to win football games = knock on effect of frustrated fans and massive loss of income.

How many loan players do we actually have? :hmmm:

Pete
12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Livingston?

GreenCastle
12-10-2014, 05:24 PM
How many loan players do we actually have? :hmmm:

4 off the top of my head - including our best player yesterday and our main goalkeeper-could be away after Xmas - though his 6 month deal should be extended.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 05:55 PM
4 off the top of my head - including our best player yesterday and our main goalkeeper-could be away after Xmas - though his 6 month deal should be extended.

Where was the sense in signing one of the main positions on a 6 month deal? :confused:

SunshineOnLeith
12-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Where was the sense in signing one of the main positions on a 6 month deal? :confused:

Because the start of the season was fast approaching and we didn't have a goalie?

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Because the start of the season was fast approaching and we didn't have a goalie?

Hopefully we'll be better organised next year. We've had a holocaust of a close season.

The Green Goblin
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM
Hopefully we'll be better organised next year.

Hopefully we will...but...how many seasons is it now that we've been pinning our hopes on the following season being better? And for how many consecutive seasons has that not been the case?

Ozyhibby
12-10-2014, 06:26 PM
Hopefully we'll be better organised next year. We've had a holocaust of a close season.

With less than 5000 season tickets sales, next years won't be much fun either.

Eyrie
12-10-2014, 06:42 PM

Presumably he was the best goalkeeper available. I think the story was that Hull wanted a six month loan in case they need him back, and with it being an international loan this can only be done during a transfer window. We can extend the loan when they don't, which will make it effectively a one year signing.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 06:55 PM
Hopefully we will...but...how many seasons is it now that we've been pinning our hopes on the following season being better? And for how many consecutive seasons has that not been the case?

Too many.