PDA

View Full Version : Heffernan goal

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-10-2014, 08:16 PM
Was he defo offside?

Centre Hawf
11-10-2014, 08:21 PM
Was he defo offside?

Definitely. He was in the box when the ball was played. No one else bar Craig was even beyond the 18 yard line when the ball was played

BOB MARLEYS DUG
11-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Definitely. He was in the box when the ball was played. No one else bar Craig was even beyond the 18 yard line when the ball was played

Cheers:aok:

Stuarty27
11-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Wage Thief, absolute horrendous when he came on, should be released

Hiber-nation
11-10-2014, 08:35 PM

Whoever touched the ball on to him (McGeouch I think) was a mile off, not sure about Heff but he might have been.

3pm
11-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Was he the one offside?

Hibeewilly
11-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Why did Stubbs put him on thats the ****ing question he is rank rotten! Mind you he is not the only one. We need a natural striker but we just dont have one full stop

Centre Hawf
11-10-2014, 08:41 PM
Whoever touched the ball on to him (McGeouch I think) was a mile off, not sure about Heff but he might have been.

I can't remember if it was Craig or McGeouch who touched it on and who put the ball into the box originally but both Heff and the one who touched it on was offside, just a poorly timed combination of runs and a cross.

Danderhall Hibs
11-10-2014, 09:18 PM
Why did Stubbs put him on thats the ****ing question he is rank rotten! Mind you he is not the only one. We need a natural striker but we just dont have one full stop

I think he put him on because Malonga was pish. Again.

truehibernian
11-10-2014, 09:22 PM

Plays and runs like he's weighed down by bricks - Nish looked positively sprightly and pacy in comparison.

Hibeewilly
11-10-2014, 09:37 PM
I for one advocated that Stanton needed a rest - played out of position and all that - but he scores a hatrick against The New Rangers 20s midweek! Should he a player with a ****load of confidence this week not have been brought on on a central role just behind the striker instead of a guy who is finished (Heff) or is it just me who is ****ed!!!!!!

Stuarty27
11-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Handling gets a 4 year contract and cant get on ahead of this imposter!

Have we ever had a worse striker than him? when was the last time he scored?

SaulGoodman
11-10-2014, 10:10 PM

Have we ever had a worse striker than him? when was the last time he scored?

3-3 against Motherwell? Start of March

Hamish
12-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Was he defo offside?

Both him and Craig were offside.

MWHIBBIES
12-10-2014, 10:45 AM

Have we ever had a worse striker than him? when was the last time he scored?We have had plenty of worse strikers, stop talking *****.

Real Emerald
12-10-2014, 12:17 PM
We have had plenty of worse strikers, stop talking *****.

He has scored 4 goals in 27 appearances, that's 3 more than our current goalie has scored. It's not exactly a blistering scoring record for a striker. It almost made me walk out yesterday when he came on, it's so depressing that we are relying on the likes of him to win against part timers.

He should never be near the first team in my opinion but is he the worst striker Hibs have ever had, probably not but it's close.

MWHIBBIES
12-10-2014, 01:45 PM
He has scored 4 goals in 27 appearances, that's 3 more than our current goalie has scored. It's not exactly a blistering scoring record for a striker. It almost made me walk out yesterday when he came on, it's so depressing that we are relying on the likes of him to win against part timers.

He should never be near the first team in my opinion but is he the worst striker Hibs have ever had, probably not but it's close.It isn't even remotely close. Also only 18 starts 4 goals. That is hardly a shocking record, especially considering his injuries. Also 27 goals in 61 starts for Killie and 53 in 109 for Doncaster Rovers. Obviously age and injuries have caught up with him and he can no longer cut it but to call him one of the worst strikers Hibs have ever had in their 139 year history is just embarrassing yourself.

12-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Heffernan was rank as usual, absolute waste of a jersey.

Franck Stanton
12-10-2014, 03:19 PM
I sit in the East near the corner with the FF, now the cross came in from our right wing, the ball travelled across the field [not forwards], now correct me if I am wrong but for a player to be off-side doesn't the ball have to be played in a forward pass/direction ? That used to be the rule but there have been so many changes in recent seasons I am now unsure. The ball definitely was not played forwards so our players couldn't have been deemed off-side. Stevie Wonder who was running the line made quite a few mistakes during the game , including the defender playing the ball with his hand at the penalty spot. {Don't suppose that it would have mattered, we would have just missed it gain anyway].

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Was he the one offside?

Don't think he was but when the ball was played in there was a Hibs player defo offside and the linesman put his flag up straight away.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 04:08 PM
I think he put him on because Malonga was pish. Again.

Maybe time to give Handling a chance from the bench since they see a lot of potential in the lad, don't no what they are seeing in Heffernan to be honest.

tamig
12-10-2014, 04:43 PM
Didn't think Heff did too much wrong when he came on yesterday. Some good link up play and I'm still sure he could score more than a few with the right balls played in to him. He won't be the last to get the treatment on here but I struggle to think what he's done to offend so many people. Good old .net support as usual.

ancient hibee
12-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Didn't think Heff did too much wrong when he came on yesterday. Some good link up play and I'm still sure he could score more than a few with the right balls played in to him. He won't be the last to get the treatment on here but I struggle to think what he's done to offend so many people. Good old .net support as usual.

On his last few appearances he has had balls played to him which he's messed up.Has been a good striker but has been injured too often and can't do it even at this level.Mind you his goals per game record with us should walk him into the Scottish team if he could find a Scots granny.

sahib
12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
I sit in the East near the corner with the FF, now the cross came in from our right wing, the ball travelled across the field [not forwards], now correct me if I am wrong but for a player to be off-side doesn't the ball have to be played in a forward pass/direction ? That used to be the rule but there have been so many changes in recent seasons I am now unsure. The ball definitely was not played forwards so our players couldn't have been deemed off-side. Stevie Wonder who was running the line made quite a few mistakes during the game , including the defender playing the ball with his hand at the penalty spot. {Don't suppose that it would have mattered, we would have just missed it gain anyway].

I thought if they were level with or behind the ball then they were not offside even if every defender was up in our box. No doubt the rule is now something like, a player is in an offside position when an official deems him to be. In line with FIFA directive 35c keeping games as goal free as possible to avoid over excitement of the masses.

greenlex
12-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Don't think he was but when the ball was played in there was a Hibs player defo offside and the linesman put his flag up straight away.This. I didn't think he was the one offside and the linesman was too early with the flag as the offside player didn't even touch the ball. Also the hand ball was as blatant a pen as you will see. The ref clocked itnut must have deemed it ball to hand. Nonsense.

sahib
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
This. I didn't think he was the one offside and the linesman was too early with the flag as the offside player didn't even touch the ball. Also the hand ball was as blatant a pen as you will see. The ref clocked itnut must have deemed it ball to hand. Nonsense.

Add to that the ball clearly over the line and we are just not getting the breaks.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 05:59 PM

C'mon eh, he has had plenty chances to put the ball in the back of the net, he isn't taking these chances and doesn't deserve a place on the bench.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Add to that the ball clearly over the line and we are just not getting the breaks.

I need proof on that one. :greengrin

brog
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
I thought if they were level with or behind the ball then they were not offside even if every defender was up in our box. No doubt the rule is now something like, a player is in an offside position when an official deems him to be. In line with FIFA directive 35c keeping games as goal free as possible to avoid over excitement of the masses.

The Law has not changed for many years, since the advantage of being level was given to the attacking player. It doesn't matter in which direction the ball goes, all that matters is whether the intended recipient was in front of the ball when played.

Bishop Hibee
12-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Linesman's flag went up when the ball was near McGeouch before it got to Heff. The officials were the worst this season by a mile. Rank rotten.

harry-hibee
12-10-2014, 06:28 PM
i was in line and it was McGeouch who put in the cross, Craig who was clearly in an offside Position put his foot out towards the ball i am not quite sure if he made contact or not but the linesman put his flag up right away, the ball travelled through to Heffernan who was not in an offside position when the ball was played.