PDA

View Full Version : First round of fixtures complete, how have we done.

FamousSix
11-10-2014, 07:40 PM
So played 9, won 3, lost 4 and drawn 2, points 11.

If we continue like this we will have 44 points at season end.

Last season Cowdenbeath finished 2nd bottom in the playoff position with 40 points.

Queen of the South were 4th with 55 points and Falkirk 3rd with 66 points.

Do think our results will improve over the remaining 27 games to reach the playoff places.

Hibernia&Alba
11-10-2014, 07:43 PM
Nowhere near good enough, except for Rangers game. I think we'll improve but won't be promoted.

Forza Fred
11-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Clearly we cannot continue as we are and something MUST change.

What exactly we can change I do not know.:confused:

Heisenberg
11-10-2014, 07:48 PM
Pish.

Malthibby
11-10-2014, 07:52 PM
I'm assuming the opening question is deliberatley rhetorical, given it's perfectly obvious to
Hib's fans how the season is going.
GG (irony).

Ricky Bobby
11-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Watching that today suggested we are not going to be in the mix come the end of the season. A lot of folks are quoting stats that we had 25 efforts today with 14 on target, but in reality their keeper was very rarely threatened. We are not scoring goals but i dont really blame the strikers there are few quality chances being created. Given our midfield and the choice of captain, it's going to be a slog right to the end of the season.

DaveF
11-10-2014, 07:54 PM
All in all, one feels it has been decidedly hum drum to date.

Hiber-nation
11-10-2014, 07:58 PM
If we continue the way we are doing the only hope we have is that these wee part time teams don't have the fitness over a season to press us and mark us so closely. Then we might just get enough points to make 4th.

Ronniekirk
11-10-2014, 08:00 PM

Last season Cowdenbeath finished 2nd bottom in the playoff position with 40 points.

Do think our results will improve over the remaining 27 games to reach the playoff places.

What are you basing your view that things will improve . Apart from Farid ,who granted on form would make a difference ,we have a full squad to choose from and we are struggling to beat part time clubs who all believe they can take a point at least from us . Nothing will change in that regard unless we can go on a long winning run ,and frankly that just doesn't look like happening . Hope I am wrong but it looks like Stubbs is starting to make wrong choices in team selections .
How Stanton didn't come on after his goal scoring in mid week is just incredulous .Heff has now played in four home games at least and not scored .
It sounds like Malonga had another poor game on back of what I thought was inept performance in second half last week .Some folk saying he looked lazy today ,if true then that's a big concern .

FranckSuzy
11-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Obviously the schools are on holiday in Fife too.

Scottie
11-10-2014, 08:12 PM
Clearly we cannot continue as we are and something MUST change.

What exactly we can change I do not know.:confused:

The current problems have been there for nearly 7 years FF. This isn't a new thing that's popped up recently.

The club is an utter shambles.

Until the 'Old Guard' of the owner and board is removed Hibernian will continue on a downward spiral. We are seriously in danger of becoming the Sheffield Wed and Leeds of Scottish football.

FamousSix
11-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Obviously the schools are on holiday in Fife too.

No need for that.

FranckSuzy
11-10-2014, 09:23 PM
No need for that.

Sorry, colleges then :tee hee:

FamousSix
11-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Sorry, colleges then :tee hee:

Ditto. How about your opinion on whether the team can get enough points in the remaining 27 games to make a playoff position.

The_Exile
11-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Genuinely thought after the first round of games we'd be 3rd minimum and pulling away from the rest. Praying for anything above 9th now. Can't see it getting any better, it's a decade long downward spiral and seems we're nowhere near through the worst of it yet.

FranckSuzy
11-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Ditto. How about your opinion on whether the team can get enough points in the remaining 27 games to make a playoff position.

Is the question mark on your keyboard broken? Serious question BTW, as what you have written reads like a list of statements, not queries, IMHO.

In answer to your post, I have no idea but dwelling on the fact tonight is not for me, thanks :aok:

NOLA
11-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Pi s h would have used capitals but the apathy is deep within me :greengrin

Hermit Crab
11-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Lost 4 games. Three of them to teams that certainly on paper we should be beating fairly comfortably. Says it all.

Steve20
11-10-2014, 10:33 PM
We will continue as we are because the people in charge of our club don't give a damn. We're a lower league club until we have new ownership.

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2014, 11:54 PM
Pish.

Succint and to the point.

Sir David Gray
12-10-2014, 06:33 AM
We won't be going up.

I've thought that since day one and nothing (apart from the two games against Sevco) has made me change my mind.

The likelihood of not having either Hearts or Sevco to worry about next season will help our chances next year but we need major improvements all over the pitch.

Albion Hibs
12-10-2014, 06:48 AM
Poorly, very poorly. There was a thread during the off season about 'expectations from the season ahead', the majority, of which I was one, were on the side of pushing to win the league, yet here we are barely in October and we have pretty much ruled ourselves out of finishing second let alone winning.

Mr White
12-10-2014, 07:00 AM
It's hard to find too many plus or even mitigating points really but it is the case that these first round of fixtures contained the 3 hardest away trips to the 2 cheating bigots and QOS, and also 2 of the 3 away fixtures on artificial pitches.

I'm not suggesting these things excuse our performances and results as they clearly don't. However we have been creating chances so my hope is that confidence can grow from positive results against livi hearts and utd - a big ask no doubt but a real chance to kick on into the 2nd round of fixtures which, on paper at least, could be a bit easier than the first round.

We need to attack quicker and learn to break stuffy teams down. If we can do this our best hope this season is probably to make it the playoffs with confidence growing. There's no doubt there are a lot of things wrong throughout the club at the moment. Our home performances have been really poor and all that's really left for me is hope (again) that things improve. Sad times.

green day
12-10-2014, 07:04 AM
If we don't beat hearts at easter road, I predict this board will go into absolute meltdown.

P.s. I see no logical reason why we WILL beat them.

Onion
12-10-2014, 07:39 AM
Genuinely thought after the first round of games we'd be 3rd minimum and pulling away from the rest. Praying for anything above 9th now. Can't see it getting any better, it's a decade long downward spiral and seems we're nowhere near through the worst of it yet.

IMO someone has to start taking responsibility at Hibs. Petrie and/or LD should commit at the AGM to resign their post if Hibs fail to get a Playoff place this season. They made the key strategic decisions, they appointed Stubbs, they sanctioned the player budget, they stated at the start of the season that they were preparing to WIN the league. Anything less than the Playoffs is inept failure that will have a devastating impact on ticket sales for 2015/16.

leggeto
12-10-2014, 07:52 AM

Not good,at this rate we'll be fighting off the bottom playoff place and relegation again,we cannot get into another dogfight against a club who are used to it every year,I do fear for us

allezsauzee
12-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Watching that today suggested we are not going to be in the mix come the end of the season. A lot of folks are quoting stats that we had 25 efforts today with 14 on target, but in reality their keeper was very rarely threatened. We are not scoring goals but i dont really blame the strikers there are few quality chances being created. Given our midfield and the choice of captain, it's going to be a slog right to the end of the season.

The reason that their keeper wasn't threatened is because our forwards aren't good enough. Cummings is a young lad and I think he'll be a good player in years to come but we shouldn't be relying on him. The board need to bite the bullet and pay Leigh's wages to get him in on loan. They are failing to see the bigger picture here. If Hearts and Rangers go up this season we will lose a lot more money next season that we'd be spending on Griffiths. Plus he's put an extra few thousand bums on seats this season.

PeterboroHibee
12-10-2014, 08:00 AM
I think its been a very up and down first set of fixtures, so quite difficult to say.

Most games we tend to dominate possession, have more shots, but ultimately fail to score. In quite a few of those games the quality has been dire, and ultimately, we have failed to put points on the board (or at least as many as we probably should have). Every time we have a decent result and think we are going to push on, thats followed up by lacklustre performances and we are back to square one. The management and the players have to take responsibility for that.

Its still very early in Stubbs reign at Hibs, and he definitely needs time to adjust, but I think we need to see him get a bit more consistency from the players, and actually show he can set us up to start breaking teams down and scoring goals. We have no divine right to beat anyone, but our performances/results against the part time clubs are unacceptable.

I find it hard to believe from business done during the summer that we were ever really aiming to win the league, so I suppose our current position probably reflects that. Automatic promotion has gone, but there is still plenty of time to start putting in more respectable performances and to try and get 2nd (whether thats achievable or not, who knows...).

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 08:05 AM
After the 1st round of fixtures my conclusion is:

Prepare for at least 1 more year in the 2md tier with crowds a bit lower than yesterdays and players of even less quality as the likes of Cummings and Hanlon are moved on for whatever we can get next summer to help balance the books.

Expect Rod to finally walk at seasons end when the coveted SFA blazer becomes available, it's his natural habitat.

Expect continued apathy from the stands but not a lot will be done as there is too many egos and personal agendas involved to unite or mobilise a significant number of the fan base.

Or we could win 8 of our next 9 and go on a charge to promotion.......

greenlex
12-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Nowhere near good enough. With a bit of luck we may scrape a 4th place play off spot but there is little chance of going up. Would you seriously back Hibs over six games against two of the best teams in this league and the bottom Premiership side?

percy veer
12-10-2014, 08:20 AM
Is the question mark on your keyboard broken? Serious question BTW, as what you have written reads like a list of statements, not queries, IMHO.

In answer to your post, I have no idea but dwelling on the fact tonight is not for me, thanks :aok:

Capital A for as please.

HH81
12-10-2014, 08:33 AM
After the 1st round of fixtures my conclusion is:

Prepare for at least 1 more year in the 2md tier with crowds a bit lower than yesterdays and players of even less quality as the likes of Cummings and Hanlon are moved on for whatever we can get next summer to help balance the books.

Expect Rod to finally walk at seasons end when the coveted SFA blazer becomes available, it's his natural habitat.

Expect continued apathy from the stands but not a lot will be done as there is too many egos and personal agendas involved to unite or mobilise a significant number of the fan base.

Or we could win 8 of our next 9 and go on a charge to promotion.......

Do you think were going to get money for Hanlon? Not convinced.

Only been to one game myself plus seen all tv games. I think we play some football at times but no end product and its a results business. Fail at present.

hibbydog
12-10-2014, 08:45 AM
We've been gash.

I knew it'd take a wee bit to get players in and get used to the championship, but we've been painfully slow at both.

Whenever we think we're turning the corner we struggle against teams we should be thumping.

I think our current league position is about where I expect us to be at the end of the season.

Joe6-2
12-10-2014, 08:47 AM
The current problems have been there for nearly 7 years FF. This isn't a new thing that's popped up recently.

The club is an utter shambles.

Until the 'Old Guard' of the owner and board is removed Hibernian will continue on a downward spiral. We are seriously in danger of becoming the Sheffield Wed and Leeds of Scottish football.

As I said in another post yesterday, it's so frustrating, we can do nothing as fans?, and have to watch Petrie et al destroy our club!!!

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Capital A for as please.

I think you need to look at the punctuation. More closely.

lord bunberry
12-10-2014, 09:10 AM
I think you need to look at the punctuation. More closely.

:faf:

matty_f
12-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Massively disappointing so far, with only two highlights of note - Ross County and The Rangers.
We've not been good enough all across the club.

half.time.draw.
12-10-2014, 09:35 AM

Last season Cowdenbeath finished 2nd bottom in the playoff position with 40 points@

We are on course for 44 points or 7th place based on the last two seasons in this league. Sad.

number9dream
12-10-2014, 09:55 AM

My thoughts too... It's clear now that we will be a long, long way behind Hearts & Rangers at the end of the season and at the moment Queen of the South look a better side too. You could say I'm unpleasantly surprised, despite all the years of previous disappointments...
What next? I'm stumped and it appears Stubbs is as well.