PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in the East today.

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 07:02 PM
Were the drummer and a few of the young lads thrown out before the game started or were they refused entry before the game.?

Why the heavy presence of stewards around section 43 in the last 25 minutes with stewards writing down descriptions of what folk were wearing and what seats they were in, seemed to all kick off when they tried to remove a young lad who looked no older than 12 year old, and not a flare in sight today.

Jonnyboy
11-10-2014, 07:11 PM
Were the drummer and a few of the young lads thrown out before the game started or were they refused entry before the game.?

Why the heavy presence of stewards around section 43 in the last 25 minutes with stewards writing down descriptions of what folk were wearing and what seats they were in, seemed to all kick off when they tried to remove a young lad who looked no older than 12 year old, and not a flare in sight today.

Just posted this on the PM board ...........

I'm not one for criticising stewards normally because theirs is often a thankless task ........... BUT ..... today they were terrible. Very aggressive towards those in Section 43 where I understand the drummer and numerous others were ejected before the game even started. Don't know where their directive came from but essentially it contributed to a piss poor atmosphere when it took 60 minutes before a song was even sung.

As an aside, does anyone know the definitive powers of a steward in relation to trying to eject a fan from the stadium? Does it include two guys trying to manhandle a fan down the stairs while said fans wee laddie was screaming and crying in fright. G4S were a disgrace today and if, I stress if, the club was responsible for their heavy handed tactics they succeeded in eradicating any of the atmosphere needed at a game to encourage the players' efforts.

I sincerely hope that those most affected, make a point of formally complaining to the club

It may have been an attempt to ensure no flares were set off but if so it was a cack handed way of doing it :agree:

DaveF
11-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Only Hibs could try to kill any atmopshere by instructing stewards to wade into a bunch of laddies.

This club becomes a bigger joke by the second.

LancashireHibby
11-10-2014, 07:14 PM
I was on row Z in S43 so just below the 'young team' and I believe the drum was refused entry, not sure about the actual drummer himself. The line of stewards was completely unnecessary and unprovoked, and just created tension when there wasn't any. If it was a ploy from the club to boost the atmosphere for the last 25 minutes then it worked a treat.

Pretty Boy
11-10-2014, 07:17 PM
I said on the PM board that this may have been a pre emptive strike after the smoke bombs of the last few weeks.

If these continue then the club will have no choice but to start forking out for Police at these types of games again. Easiest thing to do is stop the smoke bombs.

That isn't meant as a defence of a very heavy handed response of course.

Greenblood70
11-10-2014, 07:20 PM
One of the few successes in the past few seasons of utter dross has been the emergence of S43. I sincerely hope this was G4S brain dead monkeys acting beyond their remit and not a directive from the club itself. With each passing week it seems like the fans are being actively discouraged from enjoying a trip to ER.

SeanWilson
11-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Absolute disgrace today. I was sat in the F5 and the atmosphere for most of the game was dead.... The moment the east tried to fire things up the stewards were all over them telling them to sit down. It's bad enough having to pay 22 pounds to see your team play really poorly week in and out but at least let us enjoy ourselves doing it hibs FFS......

emerald green
11-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Jeeez just when you think things can't get any worse at this club they turn on their own supporters. If this came from the club, I really despair.

The atmosphere is poisonous at ER nowadays. Posters were all over these threads recently trying to blame poor performances from coaches and players on the long suffering loyal supporters. Yep, it's all the fans' fault for trying to support their team don't you know!

Less than 8,000 today. We should be encouraging these lads. At least they try to get behind the team and create a bit of atmosphere. A very difficult task in a stadium which is more than half empty.

Gatecrasher
11-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Jeeez just when you think things can't get any worse at this club they turn on their own supporters. If this came from the club, I really despair.

The atmosphere is poisonous at ER nowadays. Posters were all over these threads recently trying to blame poor performances from coaches and players on the long suffering loyal supporters. Yep, it's all the fans' fault for trying to support their team don't you know!

Less than 8,000 today. We should be encouraging these lads. At least they try to get behind the team and create a bit of atmosphere. A very difficult task in a stadium which is more than half empty.
:agree: Very sad, it's almost as if they're not happy until they've chased everyone away.

SquashedFrogg
11-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Only Hibs could try to kill any atmopshere by instructing stewards to wade into a bunch of laddies.

This club becomes a bigger joke by the second.

Forget the poor performance on the park, this is shocking.

Took the Mrs along to the Cowdenbeath game and the highlight for her (beyond us winning) was the atmosphere in Sect 43

I fell in love with Hibs because of the atmosphere (East, West & Cow Shed) We had an 'edge' about us. We intimidated teams.

Sect 43 have attempted to undo the sanitisation I've witnessed over the last 25 years. If this is going from my club then so am I.

Forget an indifferent team, if our support is being destroyed I won't return.

Crab apple
11-10-2014, 07:53 PM
I said on the PM board that this may have been a pre emptive strike after the smoke bombs of the last few weeks.

If these continue then the club will have no choice but to start forking out for Police at these types of games again. Easiest thing to do is stop the smoke bombs.

If it was simply about smoke bombs then why were they confiscating flags (later 'released') before the game.

GORDONSMITH7
11-10-2014, 08:01 PM

FFS it's no Syria or Iraq. Youngster trying to make some atmosphere in a 2/3 empty stadium whilst the team that they pay over the odds to watch toil against part time, plumbers, joiners, postal workers et al. A crime against humanity.

GGTTH

BIG G

Judas Iscariot
11-10-2014, 08:05 PM
21k capacity

7k attendance

Well done Rod, that East stand of yours was well needed

Now, to chuck out the few who make an attempt at some atmosphere

So pathetic you'd never believe it unless it was Hibs

emerald green
11-10-2014, 08:08 PM
:agree: Very sad, it's almost as if they're not happy until they've chased everyone away.

:agree: You know, the more I think about this the angrier I'm getting. Maybe I should just go and have a few large ones.

I would really like an official statement from the club about this, but I won't be holding my breath.

Golden Bear
11-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Just a thought but maybe Scotland's finest had some input into today's proceedings?

Not on the day perhaps but maybe via previous advisory communications?

Hibby Bairn
11-10-2014, 08:29 PM
My youngest got his first "own" season ticket this year. He is 13 and goes with his pal.

They wanted to go to the East away from me in the West. Up near section 43. Despite the dross on the pitch they had a good time with the drumming and singing.

Today he told me drum not allowed...flags on sticks not allowed...stay in your own seat...boys ejected....sit down...someone got punched.

He doesn't want to go back.

ekhibee
11-10-2014, 08:30 PM
this, along with the removal of a disabled girl a few weeks ago (for a different reason I admit) are just making the club more and more laughable to others, and drive loyal fans away.

.Sean.
11-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Bunch of losers in high vis jackets.

The bullied becoming bullies.

Golden Bear
11-10-2014, 08:37 PM
My youngest got his first "own" season ticket this year. He is 13 and goes with his pal.

They wanted to go to the East away from me in the West. Up near section 43. Despite the dross on the pitch they had a good time with the drumming and singing.

Today he told me drum not allowed...flags on sticks not allowed...stay in your own seat...boys ejected....sit down...someone got punched.

Jeez that's worse news than the actual result. Just how low can things get?

Swedish hibee
11-10-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm not saying Hibs are to blame for the stewards (we don't know this!) but there's been x amount of people going on & on about the smoke caused by the bombs :blah: and complaining to Hibs- like they do on here. Hibs then have to take some kinda action & probably have some stupid SFA rule/fine breathing down their neck. What are they to do?!!

kaimendhibs
11-10-2014, 08:38 PM
Gutted reading this thread, it truly feels like the club is losing all identity with the supporters rather than encouraging them to come along every week. Without us, the club is nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oconnors_strip
11-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Not defending the security at all but because of the scotland game being on today there was a lot of unfamiliar faces working at Easter road today. I bet most have never been in it before!!

sbell1875
11-10-2014, 08:41 PM
I'm in S43, row Z and just before kick off I seen a few young lads coming up the stairs with the drum clearly visible. They were refused access to S43 and briefly took up residence in S44 before disappearing.

Upon getting to the seating section at the exit I was asked to present my season ticket for inspection which I have no objection against I just find it a bit strange when the ground is barely 40% full and I'm clearly not there to cause any problems.

I sit just in front of the young crew and the heavy handed stewarding this afternoon completely destroyed any atmosphere. I know a few were unhappy about the smoke bombs last week and clearly the club have been notified by a few of these people but I fail to see the point in ruining any sort of atmosphere.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 08:42 PM

I bet they won't do that when the Yaks or Huns come to ER. They will let them do what they like, smash up the toilets as usual, generally wreck the place, and stand back absolutely s******* themselves.

Stuarty27
11-10-2014, 08:42 PM
Its becoming worse and worse to go the games these days, the atmosphere is brutal. Even tho we got the season ticket am considering no goin back.

We are clearly garbage yet I don't agree with shouting abuse all the time, however the ubber fans that sit in front of us clapping and turning round when anyone shouts at the players are just as bad.

At the minute we must be at our lowest point, some of our players wouldnt get a game for a third division side never mind a team looking to win promotion.

Its time to bin the likes of Hanlon, Stevenson, Heffernan, Robertson, Criag and Malonga and give someone else a shot, clearly these guys have proved to us they are not good enough. I would much rather go and watch the young boys play.

All the signing of Malonga has done has meant Lewis Allan doesnt get a chance, ive seen Malonga at Queens and the last couple of weeks and he has been terrible, no fit and is just pure lazy. He is 6ft tall and jumps 5ft 4

truehibernian
11-10-2014, 08:43 PM
21k capacity

7k attendance

Yet this site had a daily update on its progress being built and a resounding positive response once complete.

Good team, good results = bums on seats.....not Rod's fault that these players are failing to hit the net despite numerous easy chances. Two crucial penalties missed in this round of games alone which is arguable that it's cost us 6 points.

Playing jokers like Heffernan and Craig is akin to playing two traffic cones such is their limited movement - get rid of players like this, Pat's 'legacy', then we'll progress.

I'm still in the camp that Stubbs can spot decent players. Pat couldn't.

IWasThere2016
11-10-2014, 08:46 PM

Cannot think of a single post that has saddened me so much about Hibs in recent times than this. FFS Hibs.

11-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Absolute disgrace if the club are behind this. Total joke.

Waxy
11-10-2014, 08:48 PM
The ground desperatly needs a standing area but i doubt it'll ever happen. It's a different type of fan that goes to games now rather than 20 years ago and they frown upon noise.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 08:52 PM
Cannot think of a single post that has saddened me so much about Hibs in recent times than this. FFS Hibs.

:agree: I'm f****** raging. The club MUST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ASAP. They need to clear this up pronto, explain who was responsible for the actions of the stewards, and why this happened.

If this is what's going to happen to our own supporters, in our stadium, I demand the same action is taken when the Yaks & Huns come to our stadium.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 08:54 PM
The ground desperatly needs a standing area but i doubt it'll ever happen. It's a different type of fan that goes to games now rather than 20 years ago and they frown upon noise.

Eh? Football fans that frown upon noise! :faf:

MARCHMONT HIBEE
11-10-2014, 08:55 PM
F....k this , the section 43 boys are brilliant and if they are getting curbed then I am going to get some green flares and set them off from my west stand seat. This better not be true

sbell1875
11-10-2014, 08:58 PM
At the Derby in January row Z of S43 there were 2 people to every seat, it was borderline dangerous but the stewards came nowhere near us.

For me it is pretty obvious complaints were made last week following the release of a smoke bomb and the club reacted by oversubscribing the number of stewards needed on the day and the actions to take if they seen anything untoward.

Ridiculous stuff considering for the most part of the past 2-3 years there has been no bother at all.

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 09:00 PM
:agree: I'm f****** raging. The club MUST SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS ASAP. They need to clear this up pronto, explain who was responsible for the actions of the stewards, and why this happened.

If this is what's going to happen to our own supporters, in our stadium, I demand the same action is taken when the Yaks & Huns come to our stadium.

You will hear nothing from the club on this matter, silence is there best answer.

If you don't think the club had anything to do with what happened at ER today then you are deluded.

I don't think you are deluded. :thumbsup:

Pretty Boy
11-10-2014, 09:02 PM
FFS it's no Syria or Iraq. Youngster trying to make some atmosphere in a 2/3 empty stadium whilst the team that they pay over the odds to watch toil against part time, plumbers, joiners, postal workers et al. A crime against humanity.

GGTTH

BIG G

Not defending the actions of the stewards G. Just trying to explain why I think it might have happened, I certainly don't agree with it.

Jamie
11-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Statement from the group....

http://www.since1875.net/

Hibs v Dumbarton 11/10/14

Our group was refused entry to our season ticket seats due to having a drum and flags, we were given no valid reason for this other than hibs fans being punished for the actions of the few who set off pyrotechnics. As a group no pyrotechnics has been set off by any of our members yet the club are clamping down on any attempt to create an atmosphere, we go to support the team and pay good money to do so.*

We decided as a group to leave the stadium as we go there to support the team but why do so when the club aren't willing to support us in any way. The drum and flags have nothing to do with pyro and are items that have never been refused ever before.*

We decided to show message banners outside the west during the 1st half and half time. The club were unwilling to send a representative out to speak to the group. Supporters are getting sick of being treated like dirt and this won't be the end of this matter.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

ionahibby
11-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Pretty poor from Hibs if it emerges they enforced this combined with £22 prices the club can bolt if expect any more money from me!

Pete
11-10-2014, 09:07 PM

Our group was refused entry to our season ticket seats due to having a drum and flags, we were given no valid reason for this other than hibs fans being punished for the actions of the few who set off pyrotechnics. As a group no pyrotechnics has been set off by any of our members yet the club are clamping down on any attempt to create an atmosphere, we go to support the team and pay good money to do so.*

We decided as a group to leave the stadium as we go there to support the team but why do so when the club aren't willing to support us in any way. The drum and flags have nothing to do with pyro and are items that have never been refused ever before.*

We decided to show message banners outside the west during the 1st half and half time. The club were unwilling to send a representative out to speak to the group. Supporters are getting sick of being treated like dirt and this won't be the end of this matter.

Every sympathy. I'm not exaggerating when I say they are the heart-beat of the club during the ninety minutes.

weonlywon6-2
11-10-2014, 09:09 PM
West coast security by any chance ?

gegs70
11-10-2014, 09:11 PM
Didn't see any police....Hibs have to be careful here I enjoy the drum sometimes it's the only atmosphere we have! The team seem to be doing there utmost to reduce the crowd now the club are trying to get rid of the fans we have....well done hibs....wtf are you doing. Ps fare enough with flares but let people enjoy themselves!

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 09:15 PM
West coast security by any chance ?

No.

As i said on the PM board, i knew one of the stewards and he is a local guy who stewards most Hibs games.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 09:17 PM

Thanks for this mate. The bit in bold above bothers me a lot. The club really need to respond. Leeann Dempster talks a lot about improved communication with the supporters. Well, over to you LD.

Pretty Boy
11-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Thanks for this mate. The bit in bold above bothers me a lot. The club really need to respond. Leeann Dempster talks a lot about improved communication with the supporters. Well, over to you LD.

This is exactly the type of thread the club should be using their official account on to clarify a situation.

But I'm now convinced that was just more waffle and instead we'll get either radio silence or a half ersed statement about misundertandings at half 6 on Wednesday evening.

Edit: I accept nobody at the club works at 10.30 on a Saturday night but this isn't the first such case where the account could have been used.

Jamesie
11-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Not defending the security at all but because of the scotland game being on today there was a lot of unfamiliar faces working at Easter road today. I bet most have never been in it before!!

I wasn't at the game today but I was walking along Hawkhill Avenue at about 11:45. A group of steward-looking types in high-vis jackets were walking just in front of me. Can't remember the company name on the jackets but it wasn't G4S. I overheard one of the stewards saying "Who is it that is playing playing today? I know it's Hibs, but against who?" Clearly she wasn't one of the regulars at Easter Road.

oconnors_strip
11-10-2014, 09:30 PM
This is exactly the type of thread the club should be using their official account on to clarify a situation.

But I'm now convinced that was just more waffle and instead we'll get either radio silence or a half ersed statement about misundertandings at half 6 on Wednesday evening.

Edit: I accept nobody at the club works at 10.30 on a Saturday night but this isn't the first such case where the account could have been used.

Leeann has read the message boards at various times through the night so no excuse not to reply this evening

emerald green
11-10-2014, 09:30 PM

:agree: Also, at a time when the club needs all the support it can get, it just seems completely ridiculous if the club are behind the actions of the stewards.

I hope they make a statement quickly and get this nonsense sorted out. Like you, I won't be holding my breath though.

The_Horde
11-10-2014, 09:41 PM
21k capacity

7k attendance

You should put in a formal complaint..

ronaldo7
11-10-2014, 09:42 PM
One of the few successes in the past few seasons of utter dross has been the emergence of S43. I sincerely hope this was G4S brain dead monkeys acting beyond their remit and not a directive from the club itself. With each passing week it seems like the fans are being actively discouraged from enjoying a trip to ER.

You can bet your bottom dollar that the club have everything to do with this. They have a meeting after every home game with the stewards to ascertain what has occurred in each area of the ground.

Our club, whoever that may be...Petrie, Leeann, or the security people have a lot to answer for. It's disgusting the way they're treating our fans.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 09:47 PM
You will hear nothing from the club on this matter, silence is there best answer.

If you don't think the club had anything to do with what happened at ER today then you are deluded.

I don't think you are deluded. :thumbsup:

Cheers Silver. :greengrin :aok:

Hibs90
11-10-2014, 09:49 PM
Kicked out for trying to create an atmosphere. That is truly a shambles.

Bishop Hibee
11-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Just when I thought the club I love couldn't sink any lower I read this thread. No wonder none of my boys go and I'm feeling like giving up the ghost. Our club is dying. Farmer and Petrie out!

J-C
11-10-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm in 41 and wondered what all the hassle was, tbh without the drummer the east was very quiet and the vile shouting at the players started midway through the 2nd half.

Velma Dinkley
11-10-2014, 10:05 PM
As bad as things get, the fact that so many people are constantly desperate to slag off everything about this club is horrific. I started supporting Hibs mainly because of the great fans I knew, how realistic they were and how great they were to talk to about football - no matter how bad things were. This forum is riddled with people who are desperate not to support Hibs (but they say they do, obviously).

Scouse Hibee
11-10-2014, 10:10 PM
As bad as things get, the fact that so many people are constantly desperate to slag off everything about this club is horrific. I started supporting Hibs mainly because of the great fans I knew, how realistic they were and how great they were to talk to about football - no matter how bad things were. This forum is riddled with people who are desperate not to support Hibs (but they say they do, obviously).

What are you rambling about, there are genuine reasons for the current discontent.

weonlywon6-2
11-10-2014, 10:21 PM
No.

As i said on the PM board, i knew one of the stewards and he is a local guy who stewards most Hibs games.

Ok ta,im lost then

RIP
11-10-2014, 10:21 PM
The club are not the problem here.

No the problem is the imposter of a chairman, his corporate culture and the gutless wonders from CEO downwards that do his bidding. As for the trained monkeys. They just do what they are told.

Rod Petrie - you are killing our club

FranckSuzy
11-10-2014, 10:22 PM

This board is full of realism and the truth about things as they currently stand. If you want to ignore that and pretend the slide is not happening then I'll have a pint of whatever you are on :aok:

Hermit Crab
11-10-2014, 10:30 PM

No the problem is the imposter of a chairman, his corporate culture and the gutless wonders from CEO downwards that do his bidding. As for the trained monkeys. They just do what they are told.

He probably didn't even know the score as he would be getting wined and dined along with the rest of the sfa fuds today. Paid for by the £42 (plus £3) booking fee the sfa charged for Scotland tickets today.

ronaldo7
11-10-2014, 10:37 PM

Oh yes they are. If the CEO had any baws,:wink: she'd have walked by now. The club(CEO) will have given instruction to the stewards to clamp down on section 43 for last weeks indiscretions. A couple of smoke bombs and they're all over it like a rash whilst on the playing field we see our team stuggling to get a point from a part time mob.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-10-2014, 10:44 PM
One of my mates brought his 3 year old son along today. He signed him up to Hibs kids in the summer so this was only his second ever game. Walking into the East, my mate was stopped by a female steward who asked to check his wee boys rucksack. This was a tiny little 'Avengers' rucksack for infants. She went through it and took his carton of black currant juice. After reading on here about other kids having cartons confiscated, I sadly wasn't overly surprised. Made a half hearted joke to her of 'guess that could be a pretty serious missile from our seats in row GG'. She responded with "the club have told us that adults might bring alcohol in in these cartons so they are banned". Firstly, it's not a derby FFS, who are these adults sneaking into a Dumbarton game for a big drinking sesh?! Secondly, how do you put alcohol into a sealed carton of juice?! What the **** has happened to common sense??
We then took our usual seats where there were stewards checking everyone's bags. This was during the game, disturbing anyone with a bag, females with handbags. The same folk that would have had their bags checked as they entered the stadium.
We are utterly shambolic at the moment. Disgusting to watch

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 10:49 PM

I was of the impression they had removed the Official bit of there username and just go by HFC now, or am i imaging things, I'm in a bit of a state here. :greengrin

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Cheers Silver. :greengrin :aok:

:thumbsup:

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 10:52 PM

:rolleyes:

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Ok ta,im lost then

Hope you find out where you are soon. :greengrin

I will worry until i know you are safe. :greengrin

silverhibee
11-10-2014, 10:55 PM

Petrie is part of the club so both are the problem.

kaimendhibs
11-10-2014, 11:00 PM

Wow!!

Jonnyboy
11-10-2014, 11:02 PM

Can you explain which part of the facts reported in this thread, amounts to slagging the club?

gegs70
11-10-2014, 11:11 PM
I think the big issue is investment in the club.

The big issue is we are paying huge wages for players that are no better than part timers and that is no disrespect to the alloas or Dumbarton but we should be better but we are not. We need to start again even if that means geting rid of Craig, Robertson, hanlon, handling etc.

The club don't cover themselves in glory either we getcharged an absolute premium for no return meanwhile the club is astill giving away tickets and I'm pretty sure can't get rid of all of them most times.

It's one thing filling out a form and finding out that the overwhelming thing is people want the product on the pitch to.be right and the pricing to be better. Only to find that we have put right the seagull population and given fans a fag break....

Let's just sort out the fitba team.

My_Wife_Camille
11-10-2014, 11:27 PM
;4195438']You should put in a formal complaint..
I might be missing something mate but why would he put in a formal complaint? The only people who actually take the time to make formal complaints are bored lonely nobodies who are so pissed off with their own lives that they want to make somebody else feel bad about theirs :confused:

Real Emerald
11-10-2014, 11:42 PM

The support and drum are fantastic but maybe if the people responsible for the smoke bombs were weeded out things would be fine and back to normal, just saying.

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Flares, smoke bombs ........ fine, do something. How does that involve stopping drums and flags? Its really time this club got a bloody grip before there is nobody left to search or let down every Saturday.

It was noticeable the number of stewards there were today .... in a moment of boredom at half time I counted over 30 of them and that didn't include those in the FF top deck or under the stands ..... for a Dumbarton match?

Something has to happen at Hibs soon or all those predictions of the club fading into obscurity I used to laugh at are going to come true.

Real Emerald
12-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Flares, smoke bombs ........ fine, do something. How does that involve stopping drums and flags? Its really time this club got a bloody grip before there is nobody left to search or let down every Saturday.

It was noticeable the number of stewards there were today .... in a moment of boredom at half time I counted over 30 of them and that didn't include those in the FF top deck or under the stands ..... for a Dumbarton match?

Something has to happen at Hibs soon or all those predictions of the club fading into obscurity I used to laugh at are going to come true.

It involves drums and flags because that's the area in the stadium where the much talked about smoke bombs were being set off. It's not rocket science but if you (not you personally) draw attention to yourself in the massive game against Raith effin Rovers by trying to be ultras, what do you really expect from the club the next week.

gordieboy
12-10-2014, 12:33 AM
I wasn't at the game today but I was walking along Hawkhill Avenue at about 11:45. A group of steward-looking types in high-vis jackets were walking just in front of me. Can't remember the company name on the jackets but it wasn't G4S. I overheard one of the stewards saying "Who is it that is playing playing today? I know it's Hibs, but against who?" Clearly she wasn't one of the regulars at Easter Road.

It would most likely be Servoca security from Livingston.

Aaron
12-10-2014, 01:19 AM
****ing makes me sick - trying to create an atmosphere yet the club or G4S joke shut it down.

Power to the supporters.....this is our club

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIQUi9G_fto

kaimendhibs
12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
It involves drums and flags because that's the area in the stadium where the much talked about smoke bombs were being set off. It's not rocket science but if you (not you personally) draw attention to yourself in the massive game against Raith effin Rovers by trying to be ultras, what do you really expect from the club the next week.

Who else will the do it against? What massive games are we gonna play soon?

smurf
12-10-2014, 04:07 AM
Very sad reading. Our club really is in a mess. Sad times.

Septimus
12-10-2014, 07:01 AM
How sad it is to see us turning in on ourselves like some kind of wounded animal.

Bostonhibby
12-10-2014, 07:18 AM

Unbelievable if this thread is even half right. The hard core that's left are the ones that the last 7 years of the football offering can't drive away so let's rough them up a bit, that might put a few off.

Maybe when there's no one left we can knock the whole lot down and develop the site and get the balance sheet looking black again.

Only Hibs, I am scared to come back now in case I get lobbed out for football fan type behaviour. Got to be worried about our next generation of fans at the moment.

Bostonhibby
12-10-2014, 07:27 AM

There was time when I'd respond to a post like this by dusting off the old hibby CV, and getting out my long service uberfan badges over the decades but I think I will leave it to the new generation of uberfans to have a go at the rest of us who don't like to see fans being treated the way they seem to have been here.

When you say "obviously", you have worked out the allegiance and loyalties of some of the posters here who don't handle latest poor performances or behaviour by the club in the same way as you?

Just Alf
12-10-2014, 07:50 AM
Unbelievable if this thread is even half right. The hard core that's left are the ones that the last 7 years of the football offering can't drive away so let's rough them up a bit, that might put a few off.

Maybe when there's no one left we can knock the whole lot down and develop the site and get the balance sheet looking black again.

Only Hibs, I am scared to come back now in case I get lobbed out for football fan type behaviour. Got to be worried about our next generation of fans at the moment.

Agree :agree:

I'm almost thinking the club is being run by deep undercover Yams trying to slowly wring the life blood out of the club drip by slow drip eventually sending us into oblivion

:confused:

Pretty Boy
12-10-2014, 07:54 AM

What a load of nonsense.

The only person being unrealistic on this thread is you.

Almost every person who has commented on the events mentioned on this thread was at the game today in a crowd of less than 8000. If they haven't been driven away after what we have endured over the last 5 years then I think it's safe to say they are very much 'deperate' to continue supporting the club.

Of course there's a little group on here who for reasons I can't fathom love nothing more than putting the boot into fellow fans. It's sad really because I started supporting Hibs because of the great fans and how good they were to talk to about football but it seems some are just desperate to slag off others no matter what.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 08:42 AM
How sad it is to see us turning in on ourselves like some kind of wounded animal.

:agree: We are on a spiral of self destruction.

Aldo
12-10-2014, 09:07 AM
The owner and his right hand man are slowing but surely ripping the heart and soul from the club.

Time is now of the essence to get new owners/investment into the club that actually care.

Every week we seem to stoop to a new low.

With their heavy handed tactics all the club are doing (through the stewards etc) are pushing fans away. Under 8000 at the game... Says it all.

Things will not change until the 2 at the top are removed.

The_Horde
12-10-2014, 09:28 AM
I might be missing something mate but why would he put in a formal complaint? The only people who actually take the time to make formal complaints are bored lonely nobodies who are so pissed off with their own lives that they want to make somebody else feel bad about theirs :confused:

You've got a point there. So miserable that they have to bring everybody down to their level of misery.

I can't see any true hibs fan having the capability to do so.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 09:31 AM
The owner and his right hand man are slowing but surely ripping the heart and soul from the club.

Time is now of the essence to get new owners/investment into the club that nactually care.

Every week we seem to stoop to a new low.

With their heavy handed tactics all the club are doing (through the stewards etc) are pushing fans away. Under 8000 at the game... Says it all.

Things will not change until the 2 at the top are removed.

What's keeping me away now is the pricing. At £22 a pop it's a bit steep to watch mediocrity. I couldn't give a monkeys about how the stewards behave, in fact it sounds like they provide a distraction from the football.

NAE NOOKIE
12-10-2014, 09:49 AM

As clear a case of throwing out the baby with the bathwater as you can get then, you don't bar entry to flags and drums in an attempt to stop pyrotechnics and the like. You are correct, addressing the smoke bomb problem isn't rocket science. Which is just as well because rocket scientists appear to be in short supply amongst folk running the security policy at ER.

FFS .... Since 2007 the club has been going to hell in a handcart and the one bright spot has been the folk involved in section 43 who have tried their best to stop Easter Road becoming like a library on Saturday afternoons. Unfortunately we aren't in Turkey or Poland and flares etc are frowned upon in any UK stadium, the kids in sect 43 are just going to have to suck it up. But for goodness sake lets solve the problem in a sensible and proportionate way.

Call me an auld romantic if you want, but I believe that a football match should be a noisy and colourful experience ... something which gets further and further from the reality of the Easter Road experience with every passing season.

GORDONSMITH7
12-10-2014, 09:53 AM
From this wonderful effort..............

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?261933-Cup-Final-Card-Display-Announcement-Donations-Required ..........

to yesterday's sorry events. I remember clearly Mick Ward and another guy down the very front, facing the crowd, with a large drum belting it out, whilst Hibs were 0-3 down in the Semi with Falkirk, encouraging us to get behind the team.

GGTTH

BIG G

emerald green
12-10-2014, 10:07 AM
What a load of nonsense.

The only person being unrealistic on this thread is you.

Almost every person who has commented on the events mentioned on this thread was at the game today in a crowd of less than 8000. If they haven't been driven away after what we have endured over the last 5 years then I think it's safe to say they are very much 'deperate' to continue supporting the club.

Of course there's a little group on here who for reasons I can't fathom love nothing more than putting the boot into fellow fans. It's sad really because I started supporting Hibs because of the great fans and how good they were to talk to about football but it seems some are just desperate to slag off others no matter what.

:top marksYou saved me having to say the same thing. Thanks.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?261933-Cup-Final-Card-Display-Announcement-Donations-Required ..........

to yesterday's sorry events. I remember clearly Mick Ward and another guy down the very front, facing the crowd, with a large drum belting it out, whilst Hibs were 0-3 down in the Semi with Falkirk, encouraging us to get behind the team.

GGTTH

BIG G

:top marksYet there are folk posting on these threads blaming the fans for the state our club is in. What planet are they on?

Stantons Angel
12-10-2014, 10:08 AM
I'm not saying Hibs are to blame for the stewards (we don't know this!) but there's been x amount of people going on & on about the smoke caused by the bombs :blah: and complaining to Hibs- like they do on here. Hibs then have to take some kinda action & probably have some stupid SFA rule/fine breathing down their neck. What are they to do?!!

I didnt notice any trouble in the sect 43 area yesterday but i agree with your summing up of the situation.

Hibs as a football club in the "entertainment" business have to comply with laws laid down on Health & Safety and we as supporters have to respect this.

Sect 43 was created to give the fans a "singing" section this is probably, i dont know, the first time something like this has been allowed at Easter road in a long time. The majority of the youngsters in this section provide a good atmosphere for all to enjoy but have now started to push at barriers that the club cannot be seen to sit back and let happen.

We on here created such a stink about the letting off of flares at recent games, complaints to the club and recognition of the flares by the SFA have obviously reached the club and the police.

Its the police who hand down the instruction for crowd safety to the stewards to adhere to and unfortunately some get carried away with the wee bit power they take on themselves.

These kids in Sec 43 are making the club do something about the smoke bombs not because they are trying to spoil anything. This section has been given a lot of freedom of late and are now starting to abuse it by bringing into the ground banned articles. Whether is because they are young or even stupid they dont seem to realise the consequences bringing these smoke bombs into a football ground can have on their club!!!

All the actions taken yesterday are already in place at grounds in Scotland and even complained about on here. It really is their own fault that this has happened. There are cameras everywhere and photos taken at all grounds in an effort to keep hooliganism out of football. When then will they learn to behave?

I will never condone brute force or physical abuse by stewards but sometimes when faced with a difficult situation the stewards themselves panic?

If these kids dont smarten up to what they are doing. Next season they may find that their Sect 43 is no more and it wont be the club who are trying to neutralise any atmosphere that will be to blame. THINK about it guys!!

hibbysam
12-10-2014, 10:35 AM
I didnt notice any trouble in the sect 43 area yesterday but i agree with your summing up of the situation.

Hibs as a football club in the "entertainment" business have to comply with laws laid down on Health & Safety and we as supporters have to respect this.

Sect 43 was created to give the fans a "singing" section this is probably, i dont know, the first time something like this has been allowed at Easter road in a long time. The majority of the youngsters in this section provide a good atmosphere for all to enjoy but have now started to push at barriers that the club cannot be seen to sit back and let happen.

We on here created such a stink about the letting off of flares at recent games, complaints to the club and recognition of the flares by the SFA have obviously reached the club and the police.

Its the police who hand down the instruction for crowd safety to the stewards to adhere to and unfortunately some get carried away with the wee bit power they take on themselves.

These kids in Sec 43 are making the club do something about the smoke bombs not because they are trying to spoil anything. This section has been given a lot of freedom of late and are now starting to abuse it by bringing into the ground banned articles. Whether is because they are young or even stupid they dont seem to realise the consequences bringing these smoke bombs into a football ground can have on their club!!!

All the actions taken yesterday are already in place at grounds in Scotland and even complained about on here. It really is their own fault that this has happened. There are cameras everywhere and photos taken at all grounds in an effort to keep hooliganism out of football. When then will they learn to behave?

I will never condone brute force or physical abuse by stewards but sometimes when faced with a difficult situation the stewards themselves panic?

If these kids dont smarten up to what they are doing. Next season they may find that their Sect 43 is no more and it wont be the club who are trying to neutralise any atmosphere that will be to blame. THINK about it guys!!

Smoke bombs shouldn't be in stadiums by law, but since when did that give the stewards the right to take a drum and flags off people which aren't banned? Unless I'm mistaken there is nothing similar.. Stewards should maybe do there job and find the culprits of the smoke bomb rather than tarnish everyone with the same brush!!

If Petrie and co want crowds of 4000 without any atmosphere then they are going the right way about it!

I'm_cabbaged
12-10-2014, 10:38 AM

Eh? The club has allowed them to buy tickets in the one section, sing songs and generally try to enjoy themselves at the footie? Unfortunately there is always going to be a few that go ott, this happens in every walk of life.

Going to the football's got sterile and boring.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Smoke bombs shouldn't be in stadiums by law, but since when did that give the stewards the right to take a drum and flags off people which aren't banned? Unless I'm mistaken there is nothing similar.. Stewards should maybe do there job and find the culprits of the smoke bomb rather than tarnish everyone with the same brush!!

If Petrie and co want crowds of 4000 without any atmosphere then they are going the right way about it!

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face – for ever.

MSK
12-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Eh? The club has allowed them to buy tickets in the one section, sing songs and generally try to enjoy themselves at the footie? Unfortunately there is always going to be a few that go ott, this happens in every walk of life.

Going to the football's got sterile and boring.:agree: ...Security have cameras that can home in & pretty much pick out the freckles on someones face, finding someone holding a smoke bomb shouldn't have been a problem ..kill the smoke bombs if you have to hibs but don't ****ing kill the atmosphere !!

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:44 AM

Going to the football's got sterile and boring.

Yeah, but it doesn't does it? That's why going to football used to be a bit of fun.

The difference is that people didn't go running to their mammy if they got told off for stepping out of line. People nowadays want permission for everything.

Chuck Rhoades
12-10-2014, 10:48 AM

How patronising are you? Those actually involved with the group have an average age of around 22 and range from 16 to their 40s.

Lots of 'kids' hang around the area.

Its affecting our livelihoods, Big G was at QOTS and witnessed the harassment where the Police find it acceptable to rattle off half your family in an attempt to strike fear into you.

12-10-2014, 10:50 AM
One of the very few positive things about hibs over the last few years has been section 43. They always did well to get an atmostphere going both home and away and there displays (particularly the fantastic big ones at Hampden) have been really great. The fans are just about the only good thing hibs have left and hibs should be doing everything they can to encourage things like flags/drums etc. anything that gets a bit of noise and atmosphere. Fair enough, clamp down on the flares and smoke bombs as they are hazardous but banning drums and flags (completely inoffensive ones btw) is absolutely pathetic. How many more times are the club gonna put us down eh!

I hope the club have the balls to at least come out and say something about this but I wont hold my breath tbh. Really really disappointed.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 10:55 AM
How patronising are you? Those actually involved with the group have an average age of around 22 and range from 16 to their 40s.

Lots of 'kids' hang around the area.

Its affecting our livelihoods, Big G was at QOTS and witnessed the harassment where the Police find it acceptable to rattle off half your family in an attempt to strike fear into you.

Interesting stuff, can you clarify it a bit? In what way are your livelihoods threatened, and how do the police know half your family? Finally, why did the police pick on you?

Ive been joking about how it's hardly a human rights breach, but your story raises concern.

Chuck Rhoades
12-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Interesting stuff, can you clarify it a bit? In what way are your livelihoods threatened, and how do the police know half your family? Finally, why did the police pick on you?

Ive been joking about how it's hardly a human rights breach, but your story raises concern.

I'd like those questions answered as well. No criminal record. Apparently a suspect to something that happened in Alloa. That's how clear they were. And finally the constable supposedly knows my family, which I doubt, but either way not his duty to start naming then.

Harassment is unnecessary. This is what targets and stats drive unfortunately.

I'm_cabbaged
12-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Yeah, but it doesn't does it? That's why going to football used to be a bit of fun.

The difference is that people didn't go running to their mammy if they got told off for stepping out of line. People nowadays want permission for everything.

Don't get what you're getting at tbh. Firstly you disagree, then agree with what I said?

The Leith Dutch
12-10-2014, 11:18 AM
Just posted this on the PM board ...........

I'm not one for criticising stewards normally because theirs is often a thankless task ........... BUT ..... today they were terrible. Very aggressive towards those in Section 43 where I understand the drummer and numerous others were ejected before the game even started. Don't know where their directive came from but essentially it contributed to a piss poor atmosphere when it took 60 minutes before a song was even sung.

As an aside, does anyone know the definitive powers of a steward in relation to trying to eject a fan from the stadium? Does it include two guys trying to manhandle a fan down the stairs while said fans wee laddie was screaming and crying in fright. G4S were a disgrace today and if, I stress if, the club was responsible for their heavy handed tactics they succeeded in eradicating any of the atmosphere needed at a game to encourage the players' efforts.

I sincerely hope that those most affected, make a point of formally complaining to the club

It may have been an attempt to ensure no flares were set off but if so it was a cack handed way of doing it :agree:

Spot on.

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2014, 11:28 AM
I didn't see any smoke bombs today was there any? If not mission accomplished by the club though somewhat heavy handed I admit.

The Leith Dutch
12-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Oh yes they are. If the CEO had any baws,:wink: she'd have walked by now. The club(CEO) will have given instruction to the stewards to clamp down on section 43 for last weeks indiscretions. A couple of smoke bombs and they're all over it like a rash whilst on the playing field we see our team stuggling to get a point from a part time mob.

The bit in bold is bang on the money - if they showed the same kind of ruthless and efficient commitment to sorting out the football side of Hibs as they did to sorting the smoke bomb issue we wouldn't be in this mess.

The Leith Dutch
12-10-2014, 11:54 AM

Maybe missing something in your post due to a few too many last night but I'm not sure anyone is argueing for smoke bombs being acceptable.

I think they're argueing that, as with any other area of the law, you take action against what is illegal rather than assuming guilt by association whether that's real or imagined.

I think you could possibly make the case that the stewards at the gates were within their rights to thoroughly search the folk with the drums and flags though this should have been done in a polite fashion and after having explained why it was being done.

What I think is absolutely unacceptable is them being refused admittance without establishing they had done something.
Pre-emptive policing of this type should never be condoned.

blackpoolhibs
12-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Saw this reply from what appears to be LD on facebook.

Steve,
You are the 3rd person today to advise me of this, so to save me saying something different to you, I will paste below the response I've given to the others.
Thanks for the note, to be honest, I've absolutely no idea that the drum was stopped yesterday and I agree, the atmosphere was flat and perhaps part of that was the loss of the tempo etc that the drum and associated noise brings.
I'm an advocate of music, noise and atmosphere at all games and I will find out why the drum was stopped. I suspect there are issues with smoke bombs being brought in within the flags and this is why they have been looked at but I can't be sure.
I will respond to you and advice but it is a great point, thanks for letting me know as otherwise I'd have been unaware.
Leeann

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Don't get what you're getting at tbh. Firstly you disagree, then agree with what I said?

The point being. Misbehaving at the football used to be fun, if you got pulled up though you didn't whinge about it. Nowadays people want to act naughty, but whinge and make out its a breach of their human rights if anyone says anything.

Don't know if that's what I said, but its what I meant to say. And, no, it's not really logical - but logic and football are strange bedfellows anyway.

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2014, 12:07 PM

Steve,
You are the 3rd person today to advise me of this, so to save me saying something different to you, I will paste below the response I've given to the others.
Thanks for the note, to be honest, I've absolutely no idea that the drum was stopped yesterday and I agree, the atmosphere was flat and perhaps part of that was the loss of the tempo etc that the drum and associated noise brings.
I'm an advocate of music, noise and atmosphere at all games and I will find out why the drum was stopped. I suspect there are issues with smoke bombs being brought in within the flags and this is why they have been looked at but I can't be sure.
I will respond to you and advice but it is a great point, thanks for letting me know as otherwise I'd have been unaware.
Leeann

So possibly not an edict from the club. Lets see what the outcome is. Maybe some people jumping the gun and kicking the club for no reason.

Chuck Rhoades
12-10-2014, 12:09 PM
So possibly not an edict from the club. Lets see what the outcome is. Maybe some people jumping the gun and kicking the club for no reason.

If not club, from who?

Peevemor
12-10-2014, 12:09 PM

You don't say!

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:11 PM

Theres a first. :whistle:

HIBERNIAN-0762
12-10-2014, 12:13 PM
If not club, from who?

Will be swept under the carpet of filed under "replies to pesky supporters"

It's the Hibs board way.

Jack
12-10-2014, 12:13 PM

Absolutely agree. You would think with all the surveillance equipment, not to mention the trained sniffer dogs, it would be a relatively simple job to identity the smoke bomb culprits and deal with them instead of of harassing a whole section of the ground?

Easter Road could easily become Edinburghs second national disgrace. A monument to stupidity.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:15 PM
If not club, from who?

We need to establish:

a) Who was ejected or harassed.
b) Who decided they should be treated like this.
c) Why these people were targeted.
d) Did the people who targeted them act independently, or follow orders.
e) Who issued the orders.

The only evidence we've had so far is based on hearsay. The hearsay increases as more and more people add their tuppence worth of conjecture, and recall experiences from other grounds.

Result - "Down With This Sort of Thing". Cringeworthy.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 12:27 PM

Think you are missing the point somewhat since you never seen what happened, before the game started the stewards were waiting for a certain group to enter the ground, ie drummer and the lads who wave flags up in section 43, they were approached by the stewards and told they wouldn't be allowed to take there normal seats in section 43 but were welcome to sit somewhere else in the East stand, some decided to leave the ground while others were ejected by stewards, now i believe the stewards done this as they were under the impression that this group were the ones who have been letting of the smoke bombs during games, this group deny they are the ones setting them of, so from the thinking of the stewards would be that the folk letting of the smoke bombs have now left the ground and have went round to the main stand to protest about it, stewards have done there job. Yes/No.

So roll on to the 65th minute and all of a sudden there is a heavy presence surrounding section 43, there was nothing happening for the stewards to be standing on the stairs blocking folk from getting past and blocking peoples view of the dull game whilst they were writing down things on notepads, ie description of what folk were wearing and what seat they were standing next to, now the only thing i can think of for the heavy presence of stewards was that the Hibs supporters in that section started singing songs and the stewards somehow didn't approve of this disgusting behaviour from our fans and started to tell folk to sit down, while the stewards stood there blocking peoples few :rolleyes:, then a few bouncer type looking stewards moved in to the crowd and tried to remove a young lad who looked about 10 year old, and the fans were having none of that and had a square of with stewards where punches were being thrown, the look on the young lads face was not nice, he looked terrified, if the stewards hadn't retreated at that point things could have got a lot worse, about 5 minutes later a woman steward came up the stairs( her with the dyed red/purple hair) and she just couldn't help her self by pointing fingers at folk and growling at people, is this how stewards are going to behave at ER, she lasted about a few minutes and she walked down the stairs fuming with her self.

Stewards were bang out of order yesterday and the club need to make a statement about what went wrong yesterday with the stewards in section 43 and why they were telling supporters as they entered the ground that they wouldn't be sitting in the seat that they paid for.

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2014, 12:34 PM
Think you are missing the point somewhat since you never seen what happened, before the game started the stewards were waiting for a certain group to enter the ground, ie drummer and the lads who wave flags up in section 43, they were approached by the stewards and told they wouldn't be allowed to take there normal seats in section 43 but were welcome to sit somewhere else in the East stand, some decided to leave the ground while others were ejected by stewards, now i believe the stewards done this as they were under the impression that this group were the ones who have been letting of the smoke bombs during games, this group deny they are the ones setting them of, so from the thinking of the stewards would be that the folk letting of the smoke bombs have now left the ground and have went round to the main stand to protest about it, stewards have done there job. Yes/No.

So roll on to the 65th minute and all of a sudden there is a heavy presence surrounding section 43, there was nothing happening for the stewards to be standing on the stairs blocking folk from getting past and blocking peoples view of the dull game whilst they were writing down things on notepads, ie description of what folk were wearing and what seat they were standing next to, now the only thing i can think of for the heavy presence of stewards was that the Hibs supporters in that section started singing songs and the stewards somehow didn't approve of this disgusting behaviour from our fans and started to tell folk to sit down, while the stewards stood there blocking peoples few :rolleyes:, then a few bouncer type looking stewards moved in to the crowd and tried to remove a young lad who looked about 10 year old, and the fans were having none of that and had a square of with stewards where punches were being thrown, the look on the young lads face was not nice, he looked terrified, if the stewards hadn't retreated at that point things could have got a lot worse, about 5 minutes later a woman steward came up the stairs( her with the dyed red/purple hair) and she just couldn't help her self by pointing fingers at folk and growling at people, is this how stewards are going to behave at ER, she lasted about a few minutes and she walked down the stairs fuming with her self.

Stewards were bang out of order yesterday and the club need to make a statement about what went wrong yesterday with the stewards in section 43 and why they were telling supporters as they entered the ground that they wouldn't be sitting in the seat that they paid for.

This account of what actually happened is pretty damning towards the behavior of the stewards and the obviously pre arranged tactics towards the group. There needs to be a thorough investigation of this incitement by the stewards and who issued them with their orders.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 12:42 PM
:agree: ...Security have cameras that can home in & pretty much pick out the freckles on someones face, finding someone holding a smoke bomb shouldn't have been a problem ..kill the smoke bombs if you have to hibs but don't ****ing kill the atmosphere !!

But it is, they don't stand with them in there hand like in the continent, the fans who were not allowed in yesterday with flags were because the stewards believe they use the flags as cover to let the smoke bombs off and they are just dropped on the ground, the CCTV can't see through flags so can't defo say who are letting them off, so they have picked on a certain group who stand up in section 43 and without any evidence, the stewards/club have decided it is this crowd who are letting of the smoke bombs and decided to tell them they won't be sitting in there own seats that they have paid for, that group decided to leave the ground, some were ejected for arguing there case, and they went round to the main stand to protest about how they were treated by the stewards.

oconnors_strip
12-10-2014, 12:43 PM

Steve,
Leeann

From speaking with Leeann and having read previous statements from her this doesn't sound like her speaking IMO

The club need to come out officially with a statement and not any of david forsyths crap

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Maybe missing something in your post due to a few too many last night but I'm not sure anyone is argueing for smoke bombs being acceptable.

I think they're argueing that, as with any other area of the law, you take action against what is illegal rather than assuming guilt by association whether that's real or imagined.

I think you could possibly make the case that the stewards at the gates were within their rights to thoroughly search the folk with the drums and flags though this should have been done in a polite fashion and after having explained why it was being done.

What I think is absolutely unacceptable is them being refused admittance without establishing they had done something.
Pre-emptive policing of this type should never be condoned.

Why, are stewards allowed to search pat down folk entering the stadium, if you have a bag/rucksack then the stewards are allowed to look inside it but not touch any items inside the bag, please tell me what powers the stewards have to search random people, they ain't the Police and don't have the authority to search folk.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 12:53 PM
From speaking with Leeann and having read previous statements from her this doesn't sound like her speaking IMO

The club need to come out officially with a statement and not any of david forsyths crap

Motherwell have a drummer,

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 12:54 PM

Steve,
Leeann

Aye what ever Leeann.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 12:57 PM

Sorry but i don't believe her, i said on the PM board that the stewards were acting on what the club had told them to do, don't let the drummer and the flag wavers any where near section 43.

Chuck Rhoades
12-10-2014, 12:57 PM
We need to establish:

a) Who was ejected or harassed.
b) Who decided they should be treated like this.
c) Why these people were targeted.
d) Did the people who targeted them act independently, or follow orders.
e) Who issued the orders.

The only evidence we've had so far is based on hearsay. The hearsay increases as more and more people add their tuppence worth of conjecture, and recall experiences from other grounds.

Result - "Down With This Sort of Thing". Cringeworthy.

Hearsay? I was there.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Hearsay? I was there.

And you have the answers to all the other questions?

oconnors_strip
12-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Motherwell have a drummer,

Yes I know that, I meant more so the tone of the message isn't how she says things

emerald green
12-10-2014, 01:28 PM

You may / may not be including me, but can I just say my previous posts were not intended as kicking the club for no reason.

My earlier posts were to the effect that the club must say something about this matter asap, and explain who was responsible for the actions of the stewards, and why this all happened yesterday. Someone must be responsible. They, the stewards, didn't just do this on the spur of the moment. I simply don't believe that.

I feel it is completely unacceptable if the club is responsible for the actions of the stewards, but if they are not then let the club make an urgent formal and public announcement. Innocent until proven guilty. If they've got nothing to hide, then there shouldn't be a problem making an announcement.

If the club had nothing to do with the stewards actions, then this firm should be booted out of ER and never let near our stadium again.

Some of the stuff posted on this thread, allegedly carried out by the stewards, I thought was only things police officers are allowed to do. What were they doing while all this was going on?

Bostonhibby
12-10-2014, 01:31 PM
Maybe the plan is to attract more of an egg chasing type audience? I have an old tartan travelling blanket in the boot of the car and there's a wee picnic hamper somewhere. ER here I come, hopefully all those noisy colourful types will have been sorted out before my next game as I want to do my Scotsman crossword in between clapping the conversions and the long kicks into touch.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 01:34 PM
Yes I know that, I meant more so the tone of the message isn't how she says things

I was agreeing. :greengrin

Maybe the plan is to attract more of an egg chasing type audience? I have an old tartan travelling blanket in the boot of the car and there's a wee picnic hamper somewhere. ER here I come, hopefully all those noisy colourful types will have been sorted out before my next game as I want to do my Scotsman crossword in between clapping the conversions and the long kicks into touch.

It's all about the family audience these days. At least that's what people with families have been saying.

John_the_angus_hibby
12-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I seriously see average gates of 3-5k very soon. This thread is depressing but symptomatic of the death throws this club seem to be in.

So depressing. So sad.

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2014, 01:37 PM
If not club, from who?

Lets wait and see what Leeann says eh? She is saying she was unaware.

Dashing Bob S
12-10-2014, 01:59 PM
It's evident from this thread and other anecdotes that Hibs have a persistent and growing problem with their security, which is costing them the goodwill of their supporters and therefore revenue. This is therefore an issue that the club have to address. I suggest meetings between club officials, police, stewards management and supporter groups, to determine what is acceptable fan behaviour and policing/stewarding and what is not, and some general principles of agreement. Otherwise we are stuck in the shabby area of 'I never knew, it wisnae me...' etc etc.

People are very disillusioned with the club right now, and many are looking for excuses not to attend. Hibs management need to act quickly and decisively here.

I'm_cabbaged
12-10-2014, 02:02 PM
The point being. Misbehaving at the football used to be fun, if you got pulled up though you didn't whinge about it. Nowadays people want to act naughty, but whinge and make out its a breach of their human rights if anyone says anything.

Don't know if that's what I said, but its what I meant to say. And, no, it's not really logical - but logic and football are strange bedfellows anyway.

Got ye, things have certainly changed and I'm not sure for.the better.

Zazu62
12-10-2014, 02:16 PM
When u look at football matches in Germany , France the atmosphere looks incredible . A wee smoke bomb and everyone gets all upset . Poor wee souls .

The Leith Dutch
12-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Why, are stewards allowed to search pat down folk entering the stadium, if you have a bag/rucksack then the stewards are allowed to look inside it but not touch any items inside the bag, please tell me what powers the stewards have to search random people, they ain't the Police and don't have the authority to search folk.

I'm inclined to agree with you on them not having the power of searching.

The reason I stated it as "you could possibly make the case" was that I think that the refusal of entry without proof (and it looks like that may in fact not be the case) was worse than the unjustified search.

Agree that neither are justified.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 02:33 PM
This account of what actually happened is pretty damning towards the behavior of the stewards and the obviously pre arranged tactics towards the group. There needs to be a thorough investigation of this incitement by the stewards and who issued them with their orders.

The trouble didn't start until about the 65th minute, the folk who they expected of being involved with the smoke bombs had left the ground 60 minutes earlier, so what caused this reaction from the stewards, i don't no, but for some reason this section was flooded by stewards at this time, there was some singing going on and some stewards were telling folk to sit down while the stewards stood in folks way by, one blocking the stair way and two, folk not getting to see the game, there was no need for it, the problem had seemingly been solved in the first 5 minutes when the drummer and there group left the ground, so why the stewards turned in to thugs in the 2nd half is baffling and to pick on young kids was bang out of order.

It has taken the heat away from the game yesterday though, :wink: may be that was the plan.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 03:10 PM

GGTTH

BIG G

Not forgetting this G. :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6qUf2vCuVI

Eyrie
12-10-2014, 03:40 PM
When u look at football matches in Germany , France the atmosphere looks incredible . A wee smoke bomb and everyone gets all upset . Poor wee souls .

They're illegal here, and when selfish kids indulge their ultra fantasies by ignoring that fact, we end up with the heavy handed treatment described yesterday.

If you think that smoke and flares should be legal, then make a considered representation why the rules should be changed rather than simply breaking them.

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 03:51 PM
I'm inclined to agree with you on them not having the power of searching.

The reason I stated it as "you could possibly make the case" was that I think that the refusal of entry without proof (and it looks like that may in fact not be the case) was worse than the unjustified search.

Agree that neither are justified.

:aok:

silverhibee
12-10-2014, 03:55 PM
They're illegal here, and when selfish kids indulge their ultra fantasies by ignoring that fact, we end up with the heavy handed treatment described yesterday.

If you think that smoke and flares should be legal, then make a considered representation why the rules should be changed rather than simply breaking them.

Because we are a sinking ship and the flares are needed on board for this emergency that is taking place in Leith. :greengrin

Jamie
12-10-2014, 04:00 PM
S

Has no one told LD that the flags and drum are kept in the lockers at the end of the east?

Mighty impossible that any smoke bombs are sneaked in with the flags considering they are already within the stadia??

I asked a G4S who instructed them and the reply i got was "the club" so someones telling porkies, either g4s or the club :confused:

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Has no one told LD that the flags and drum are kept in the lockers at the end of the east?

Mighty impossible that any smoke bombs are sneaked in with the flags considering they are already within the stadia??

I asked a G4S who instructed them and the reply i got was "the club" so someones telling porkies, either g4s or the club :confused:

Is that also where the smoke bombs are stored? It would explain why they never see them coming into the ground on matchdays :wink:

Jamie
12-10-2014, 04:18 PM
Is that also where the smoke bombs are stored? It would explain why they never see them coming into the ground on matchdays :wink:

:rotflmao: very much doubt it as they aint let off by any of the official group members, I believe the lockers were also searched recently, its folk using the group as 'cover' that let them off but as they are sitting beside the group the group gets blamed. If a smoke bomb went off in the FF the sect43 guys would get blamed. :rolleyes:

I'm_cabbaged
12-10-2014, 05:21 PM
I'm watching the England match,are you sure the drummer got emptied and never just feked off over to Estonia?

easty
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
I'm watching the England match,are you sure the drummer got emptied and never just feked off over to Estonia?

me too. That boy Chambers is rubbish. Surely they have a better right back available than him.

Jonnyboy
12-10-2014, 06:24 PM

Which is exactly why I said 'if' in my post above, G. It may have been the police or even the managers of the company that provided the stewards but whoever it was, the actions of the stewards was way over the top.

I spoke up on here against the use of flares and I still think it's right to ban them but if the CCTV is as good as some suggest it is then picking out the culprit(s) should be easy enough. Instead it would seem that anyone standing in close proximity has been judged to be guilty.

The stuff on the park is dire and having little or no atmosphere for the first 60 minutes yesterday made the experience even more numbing :greengrin

Eyrie
12-10-2014, 06:31 PM
Because we are a sinking ship and the flares are needed on board for this emergency that is taking place in Leith. :greengrin
:thumbsup:

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Which is exactly why I said 'if' in my post above, G. It may have been the police or even the managers of the company that provided the stewards but whoever it was, the actions of the stewards was way over the top.

I spoke up on here against the use of flares and I still think it's right to ban them but if the CCTV is as good as some suggest it is then picking out the culprit(s) should be easy enough. Instead it would seem that anyone standing in close proximity has been judged to be guilty.

The stuff on the park is dire and having little or no atmosphere for the first 60 minutes yesterday made the experience even more numbing :greengrin

Correct auld yin, wasn't really aimed at you obviously! What I would say however, I have missed the last couple of games because since my chemo started I have had a bit of a chest infection that stops me shouting but also no way would I sit in the East ( Sect 44) at the minute when smoke bombs are going off. Not blaming "Sect 43" but the guys who tag themselves on. Someone in Sect 43 know who is dropping the smoke bombs in my opinion. Let them speak up. Sounds a bit strange saying that as we keep getting told that Sect 43 is not an entity as such but just a meeting place, unless of course I am way off track. These guys add great atmosphere no doubt about it, but smoke bombs are illegal. Me no likey.

Swedish hibee
12-10-2014, 07:37 PM

5 pages and you're the only one to understand- I'm not alone!! :not worth

Jamesie
12-10-2014, 08:40 PM
It would most likely be Servoca security from Livingston.

That was the name on their jackets, yup.

R11Loaded
12-10-2014, 09:52 PM
A steward sat in a chair next to 43 and two lads walked over and asked if he'd bought a ticket for his seat, the steward said no and the boy said "well that's my seat so love you shouldn't be sitting down"

Then walked away, next minute they tried to lift a boy in 43 and the entire section surrounded the steward and started singing and bouncing until he left.

I hate stewards at football matches, at the Aberdeen game at the start of the millennium at Hampden, I was standing beside loads of people as a very young boy who could barely see his pitch in that awful stadium and he sent me and only me away. I was pretty confused

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

RIP
13-10-2014, 06:44 AM
In other clubs their stadium management team sit down with police and supporters groups and work through these issues. Stewards only act on pre-match instructions.

Knowing Garry O'Hagan as I do he would have been keen to get supporters from S43 in to discuss this. What I fear however is that he may be overruled by those higher up the food chain. Flares have been discussed at SPFL board level recently and with senior police officers present.

Neither he nor any other members of management attend Working Together meetings these days. I'm told that the HSA have also pulled out. So that channel appears to be getting closed down as well.

Management under Leeann seem to be pulling away from the club and its supporters. Russell Smith leaving is yet another nail in the coffin. I genuinely expect a strengthening of the Hibernian family under LD. It appears to me that the opposite is true and that we are getting broken up piece by piece. It's not this one incident. It's one in a long line. Death by a thousand cuts.

Yours truly
Disconnected