PDA

View Full Version : Tell It Like It Is

Expecting Rain
11-10-2014, 05:00 PM
There is no urgency, passion, intensity, bravery, imagination or quality in the present line up, we pass the ball slowly and without any real conviction, we have no ball winners, we pose no threat from wide areas, we don`t have a finisher and every match resembles a training match, even the subs were messing about having a laugh during half time.
We still have players playing to the same standard which got us relegated in the first place and playing regularly, when does the humiliation stop or is it
just carry on regardless?
I left with 20 minutes to go and was entitled to do so after paying SPL prices to get in and that was leaving it late, give me some good reasons to attend in the near future without the blind faith factor.

erskine-hibby
11-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Nah!...I've got nothing

Bleeds green
11-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Were a shambles for a team so called aiming for promotion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pete
11-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Were a shambles for a team so called aiming for promotion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aiming for promotion my erse. It's as if we're just doddling along until the other big boys get out of the league.

I don't care about individual attributes..collectively they are a bunch of bottle merchants who can't mix it when the going gets tough. From the top of the club right to the very bottom. *****bags.

Ricky Bobby
11-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Cowards

Pretty Boy
11-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Lack of quality, lack of leadership from the top down, lack of fight, lack of abilty and lack of aspiration.

We are a disgrace of a football club.

sleeping giant
11-10-2014, 06:25 PM
Pffft.

Aldo
11-10-2014, 06:27 PM
It's time for STF and RP to walk away IMHO.

We are and will be stagnate for years to come with them at the helm.

Zero ambition zero drive just festering away for years.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 06:55 PM
I'm sick and tired of leaving ER feeling disappointed, frustrated, and angry. It has almost become the norm now. Fans troop out of the stands hardly saying a word.

To dominate a game to that extent, and not manage a single goal, is ridiculous and frankly unacceptable. Let's leave the penalty / goal out of it for now - that just frustrates me even more. The performance of referees and their assistants just gets worse by the week too.

How many times did Hibs work the ball into good dangerous wide positions today only to deliver a p*** poor ball into the box, frequently failing to beat the first defender with the cross? Our final ball is terrible. One ball, from Kennedy I think, (was it a shot or a cross I'm not sure?) near the end straight into the goalkeeper's hands was the last straw for me today and summed it all up.

It really is torture watching Hibs, and has been for years now. It's deja vue at ER. Teams get 10 men behind the ball and stick a big guy (Nish, Nade etc) up front and hope to snatch a goal. Hibs are too slow, lack guile, lack strong leadership, and frequently select the wrong pass.

There was 7 minutes added on time today. They could still be playing right now and Hibs still might not have contrived a goal.

I believe AS is trying to get his teams to play the correct way, but the results are just not coming. 3 wins in 9 games (5 of those at home) is not good enough. 2 of those 3 wins we just scraped the win from a goal from our goalkeeper and a last minute win against Cowdenbeath - the team at the bottom of the table.

When are things going to improve, results wise? I just can't see it any time soon. Looks like the win at Ibrox was a flash in the pan.

Ricky Bobby
11-10-2014, 07:01 PM
:top marks
I'm sick and tired of leaving ER feeling disappointed, frustrated, and angry. It has almost become the norm now. Fans troop out of the stands hardly saying a word.

To dominate a game to that extent, and not manage a single goal, is ridiculous and frankly unacceptable. Let's leave the penalty / goal out of it for now - that just frustrates me even more. The performance of referees and their assistants just gets worse by the week too.

How many times did Hibs work the ball into good dangerous wide positions today only to deliver a p*** poor ball into the box, frequently failing to beat the first defender with the cross? Our final ball is terrible. One ball, from Kennedy I think, (was it a shot or a cross I'm not sure?) near the end straight into the goalkeeper's hands was the last straw for me today and summed it all up.

It really is torture watching Hibs, and has been for years now. It's deja vue at ER. Teams get 10 men behind the ball and stick a big guy (Nish, Nade etc) up front and hope to snatch a goal. Hibs are too slow, lack guile, lack strong leadership, and frequently select the wrong pass.

There was 7 minutes added on time today. They could still be playing right now and Hibs still might not have contrived a goal.

I believe AS is trying to get his teams to play the correct way, but the results are just not coming. 3 wins in 9 games (5 of those at home) is not good enough. 2 of those 3 wins we just scraped the win from a goal from our goalkeeper and a last minute win against Cowdenbeath - the team at the bottom of the table.

When are things going to improve, results wise? I just can't see it any time soon. Looks like the win at Ibrox was a flash in the pan.

Expecting Rain
11-10-2014, 07:07 PM
The inept performance from Hibs allied to the incompetence of officials and attitude of the opposition didn't make the game look too beautiful to me, watched Scotland later on and even with their limitations they were everything Hibs were not.

Pete
11-10-2014, 09:23 PM

Agree with everything apart from the last paragraph. We've had the measure of Rangers twice, certainly weren't second best at the Savile dome and we beat Ross County. We seem to do better against the "bigger" teams for some reason.

Watch this...we'll beat hearts and probably do a number on United in the cup. It won't matter a jot what we do against hearts as they are so far ahead already and we'll probably revert to type and bottle it from some part-time time the following week.

We'll just need to pray that we're a cup team this season.:rolleyes:

emerald green
11-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Agree with everything apart from the last paragraph. We've had the measure of Rangers twice, certainly weren't second best at the Savile dome and we beat Ross County. We seem to do better against the "bigger" teams for some reason.

Watch this...we'll beat hearts and probably do a number on United in the cup. It won't matter a jot what we do against hearts as they are so far ahead already and we'll probably revert to type and bottle it from some part-time time the following week.

We'll just need to pray that we're a cup team this season.:rolleyes:

You know, that would not completely surprise me PD.

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-10-2014, 12:07 AM
The first highlighted part would surprise everybody.

Haymaker
12-10-2014, 12:10 AM
We're *****

Real Emerald
12-10-2014, 12:14 AM

I agree we dominated the game today but we rarely looked like penetrating a part time tin pot team. However the part time tin pot team played brilliant and done exactly what they needed to do. You have to wonder if Stubbs knows what this level of Scottish football is all about!!!

Pete
12-10-2014, 12:14 AM
The first highlighted part would surprise everybody.

It wouldn't surprise those who were at tynecastle. It's becoming a hibs.net FACT that we are outplayed by them every time we face them.

I confidently predict that we'll produce two positive results. :aok:

SteveHFC
12-10-2014, 12:16 AM
We're *****

Haymaker
12-10-2014, 12:20 AM
:hyper:

:agree:

SteveHFC
12-10-2014, 12:22 AM

Haymaker
12-10-2014, 12:23 AM

:greengrin

matty_f
12-10-2014, 12:23 AM
:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
12-10-2014, 12:29 AM
:thumbsup:

We will win the next 3 games in the league and cup. Everything is gonna be alright :agree:

Pete
12-10-2014, 12:32 AM
We will win the next 3 games in the league and cup. Everything is gonna be alright :agree:

matty_f
12-10-2014, 12:35 AM

Sure we will. :agree:

sesoim
12-10-2014, 03:55 PM
I agree we dominated the game today but we rarely looked like penetrating a part time tin pot team. However the part time tin pot team played brilliant and done exactly what they needed to do. You have to wonder if Stubbs knows what this level of Scottish football is all about!!!

:agree: There are a few reason I wouldn't have appointed Stubbs - the fact that he has never managed being the main one, but his lack of knowledge & experience of the Scottish Championship and the players we have/needed surely had to be considered. When teams get relegated they generally appoint someone who knows the scene and has already shown they know how to get a team promoted.

It could take a year for Stubbs to really get used to the job in hand, and even then how do we know if he will actually EVER be any good as a manager?

12-10-2014, 04:11 PM
I remember a time when teams used to fear coming to ER, even the big clubs. We never made it an easy place to come to but now part-time clubs are coming to us confidence of taking something away from us. I'm sick of ER now being a place that nobody particularly fears coming to.

Theres no leadership in the team, no guts and nobody to look to for a bit of inspiration, not even our so-called captain. Even as it was getting into the final 5/10 mins and the game was still locked at a draw, there was no urgency, no burning desire to throw everything at them and try to get the winner. Craig is not a leader IMO, if he spent as much time rallying and trying to lift and organise the team as he does moaning at the ref then he might actually be alright! Remember the likes of Jones and Murray as captains - you would see them really rallying the team and taking command (Jones in particular absolutely bossed that penalty area at corners etc.).

We can moan all we like about the penalty being over the line but lets face it, we really shouldn't have to rely on things like that to beat a part time team - no disrespect to Dumbarton but we should be beating teams like that by at least 2 or 3. Reality is though that we are not. Sick of this whole "oh we should have won" and "we were unlucky". Yes the big decision never went our way but we had many other chances to score and we as usual never took them - no finishing product at all. Yes we had plenty shots on target but many of them went straight to the keeper and didn't cause him to much bother.

MWHIBBIES
12-10-2014, 04:20 PM
We're rubbish but I still absolutely love going and always will and always feel like it was worth it when we get a big win like the 2007 cup final, semi wins vs Aberdeen and Falkirk, derbies etc.

ackeygraham
12-10-2014, 05:03 PM
I never bothered going and gave my season ticket away. He lasted till half time. Made the right decision. We're hopeless as ever can't build on the ibrox win and 2 from 6 at home is rubbish. I've defo had enough now. Just glad next two weeks games are on TV so can at least change the channel

ancient hibee
12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
The inept performance from Hibs allied to the incompetence of officials and attitude of the opposition didn't make the game look too beautiful to me, watched Scotland later on and even with their limitations they were everything Hibs were not.

Yeh we could certainly learn about goal scoring from them:greengrin

southsider
13-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Lack of quality, lack of leadership from the top down, lack of fight, lack of abilty and lack of aspiration.

We are a disgrace of a football club.
From top to bottom PB and can you really see a change on the horizon ? Because i cant.

CRAZYHIBBY
13-10-2014, 07:15 PM
All foreplay and no penetration