PDA

View Full Version : Malonga penalty

Scottie
11-10-2014, 04:00 PM
How much was it over the line by ? :dunno:

rcarter1
11-10-2014, 04:04 PM
How much was it over the line by ? :dunno:

From what Ive seen, I would say its unlikely that the entire ball crossed the line.

erskine-hibby
11-10-2014, 04:04 PM
Does it matter?
Seems like, if your Hibs, the ball has to burst the net before you get a goal.

Tom Hart RIP
11-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Ian Murray just admitted it was over the line

Judas Iscariot
11-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Tippy tappy plsh..

Batter the net properly and then nobody can have any doubt

Scouse Hibee
11-10-2014, 04:10 PM
From what Ive seen, I would say its unlikely that the entire ball crossed the line.

And you would be wrong.

7 Hills
11-10-2014, 04:14 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/11/5edb88d05282c885b648297fcb81a5cd.jpg

green day
11-10-2014, 04:16 PM

Hardly conclusive IMO.

Green Man
11-10-2014, 04:19 PM
Tippy tappy plsh..

Batter the net properly and then nobody can have any doubt

My thoughts exactly. If he'd taken a good penalty there would be no need for any discussion.

7 Hills
11-10-2014, 04:21 PM
Hardly conclusive IMO.
I was at the game and couldn't tell at the time, but saw the photo on Twitter at halftime. When I expand the photo on my phone, it looks like there is definitely space between the back of the goal line and the ball.

rcarter1
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM
And you would be wrong.

Im judging this only on the camera picture. From the picture I would say the ball is not completely over the line. No doubt there is footage that provides a clearer picture.

GreenCastle
11-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Ball was over the line - but not sure if the whole ball was over and that was from the east.

Poor penalty though.

11-10-2014, 04:54 PM
We sit nearer the famous 5 in the west so obviously difficult to tell if it was over the line or not from our seats but never the less what a ****ing dreadful penalty!

AFKA5814_Hibs
11-10-2014, 04:55 PM
It was a poor penalty. Why no take it like he did against Cowdenbeath?

EdinMike
11-10-2014, 04:56 PM
I'de say, "fairly over"

oramhibee
11-10-2014, 04:58 PM
I was in th West, adjacent from where the photo was taken, the ball kept rolling after the photo was taken and it was clearly over

GreenLake
11-10-2014, 04:58 PM
It was a poor penalty. Why no take it like he did against Cowdenbeath?

He probably laughed so hard at Sow's penalty and it came back to bite him.

Capt Mainwaring
11-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Malonga's penalty was like his over all performance - Lazy!

Still crossed the line in my view however, and why was the Dumbarton player not red carded for the foil. Clear goal scoring opportunity surely!?!

CRAZYHIBBY
11-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Regardless whether it was over our not we should be beating part timers home and away. .. This club is being run into the ground

Brightside
11-10-2014, 05:08 PM
poor pen. but yes the whole ball was clearly over.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Dreadful penalty. Why didn't he hit it like the one he took against Cowdenbeath? From that moment on I just knew deep down that Hibs would never score this afternoon.

The penalty aside, Malonga was very poor today. I'm not sure he fancies the hard physical stuff, and no team can afford to carry passengers or shrinking violets in this league.

Zondervan
11-10-2014, 05:15 PM
If you look at the photo closely and zoom in on it (I seen the original on Twitter) you will see that the linesman is actually looking up the pitch and not along the line.

Incompetent fool, whether it was over the line or not.

emerald green
11-10-2014, 05:17 PM
If you look at the photo closely and zoom in on it (I seen the original on Twitter) you will see that the linesman is actually looking up the pitch and not along the line.

Incompetent fool, whether it was over the line or not.

:agree: The standard of refereeing, and their assistants, in this league is dreadful.

erin go bragh
11-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Another ref up to add to the growing list .
Barsteward gave us hee haw all game . Fin r missing from his name ( Crook )

Ggtth

Scouse Hibee
11-10-2014, 05:35 PM
Im judging this only on the camera picture. From the picture I would say the ball is not completely over the line. No doubt there is footage that provides a clearer picture.

Fair enough but from my seat in the West Upper I saw it over the line it was still rolling which you can't tell from that still

stanton_4
11-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I was in the upper section of the main stand and could see quite clearly that the ball was over the line. I reckon by about 6 inches. How the refs assistant didn't see it is beyond me. Shocker of a penalty though and to be honest I wasn't that impressed with his last effort so wasn't confident he would score. I thought the overall performance today was very poor. Lots of possession but little direction or cutting edge. Forster, Hanlon and Fontaine were solid enough. Craig and Robertson lack confidence and continually pass the ball sideways or backwards. The only players in the starting line up willing to take players on were Gray, Stevenson and McGeouch although all three of them always seem to offload the ball that little bit too early rather than taking a chance and attempting to beat the last man. They were the only real creative players on show though. Cummings was bright but didn't really get any service. Malonga looked disinterested and slovenly. Allan and Kennedy moved the ball quicker when they came on but the latter just didn't look at the races to me. All in all Dumbarton didn't pose any real threat but also they didn't have to work too hard to get themselves a point.This was my first game for some time and I have to say I saw nothing to entice me back any time soon.

Pete
11-10-2014, 06:00 PM

That's what the FF will look like soon unless we start improving.

sahib
11-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Fair enough but from my seat in the West Upper I saw it over the line it was still rolling which you can't tell from that still

I was in the west upper in a good position and the ball looked clearly over. White line/green stuff/ ball was what I saw.

NadeAteMyLunch!
11-10-2014, 06:04 PM
Right on line with it in the East, was quite clearly over. Abysmal from the ref and linesman who both had clear views and shat themselves. Horrible penalty though. Just do what you usually do FFS and blast it down the middle. A lazy penalty from a clearly lazy player. Don't think a bead of sweat has passed his forehead since Ibrox

Alfred E Newman
11-10-2014, 06:18 PM
It's a sad day when we are debating whether or not we were robbed after a home game against Dumbarton. Regardless of whether the ball was over the line or not, it was a dreadful penalty and we still had more than enough possession to win half a dozen games.
Unfortunately Molonga is the latest in a long line of dud signings that seem to be the trademark of the modern day hibernian

Pretty Boy
11-10-2014, 06:22 PM
An absolutely shocking penalty. It barely reached the line never mind crossed it. What was he thinking?

In saying that if it somehow sneaked over the line then the officials should have broke the theme of the day and done their job properly.

Argylehibby
11-10-2014, 11:21 PM
No idea why the player giving away the penalty wasn't sent off as well though.

Real Emerald
11-10-2014, 11:35 PM
No idea why the player giving away the penalty wasn't sent off as well though.

Totally agree. The pen was given because the attacker was stopped in his tracks from putting the ball in the net ............doh!

Sums up the numpties in charge though!

mikewynne
12-10-2014, 04:01 AM
Screenshot from Hibs TV highlights, looks in to me.

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2014, 10:50 AM
First off, we certainly should not be relying on a penalty to beat Dumbarton at Easter Road, however, both papers I have read this morning have a picture with the ball quite clearly over the line. We were cheated, pure and simple. It is NOT a Masonic conspiracy though, of that I can assure you :wink:, however someone somewhere ******* hates us for some reason. Too many decisions are going against us that are blatant. Goals not given, retrospective red cards, the keeper not being sent off yesterday. If it was a penalty he should have been off.

Brooster
12-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Why do we get hearts supporting linos? It only goes to make you think they are at it when they get something wrong. The sfa need to look at choosing officials carefully. ...especially ones with allegencies.

.Sean.
12-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Bottom line is we should be sweeping aside part-time teams at home anyway, then we wouldn't need to bitch about dubious refereeing decisions. Teams like Dumbarton shouldn't be leaving Easter Road with any points.

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Bottom line is we should be sweeping aside part-time teams at home anyway, then we wouldn't need to bitch about dubious refereeing decisions. Teams like Dumbarton shouldn't be leaving Easter Road with any points.

And neither would they have done had the referee and linesman done their jobs

.Sean.
12-10-2014, 11:38 AM
And neither would they have done had the referee and linesman done their jobs
If Malonga had done his job and hit the net from twelve yards we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2014, 11:40 AM
If Malonga had done his job and hit the net from twelve yards we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

If your auntie had baws she would be your uncle. No matter how bad a penalty it was, he scored. It was not given. We would have won had the officials done their job properly.

Scouse Hibee
12-10-2014, 11:40 AM

He didn't hit the net but the ball did cross the line from his penalty, if a correct decision was given we wouldn't be talking about a missed penalty!

HH81
12-10-2014, 12:08 PM
Why do we get hearts supporting linos? It only goes to make you think they are at it when they get something wrong. The sfa need to look at choosing officials carefully. ...especially ones with allegencies.

How do you know it was a Hearts supporting lino?

Gee7062
12-10-2014, 12:57 PM
I used to work in same office as the linesman. Staunch Jambo. Typical Sfa incompetence allowing him to officiate at any Hibs game.

Eyrie
12-10-2014, 03:20 PM
I used to work in same office as the linesman. Staunch Jambo. Typical Sfa incompetence allowing him to officiate at any Hibs game.

He should be able to put his professionalism ahead of his allegiance. Most officials will have started out as fans, so where would you draw the line at their involvement? You could stop a Hearts supporter being in charge of a Hearts or Hibs game, but would you then extend that to banning him from any game where the result could impact on Hearts?

What is needed is better oversight of the officials that we do have. Reduce their pay for a game in which they make an obvious mistake, then drop them for a couple of weeks if they make too many. Of course, this would mean that Craig Thomson would get a life ban from all football grounds, but that's due to his own decision making.

Lucius Apuleius
12-10-2014, 03:34 PM
He should be able to put his professionalism ahead of his allegiance. Most officials will have started out as fans, so where would you draw the line at their involvement? You could stop a Hearts supporter being in charge of a Hearts or Hibs game, but would you then extend that to banning him from any game where the result could impact on Hearts?

What is needed is better oversight of the officials that we do have. Reduce their pay for a game in which they make an obvious mistake, then drop them for a couple of weeks if they make too many. Of course, this would mean that Craig Thomson would get a life ban from all football grounds, but that's due to his own decision making.

Correct. By its very nature, refereeing attracts football fans. Most fans support either Rangers or Celtc ergo most referees would be expected to be supporters of them. You would hope professionalism would come to the fore but sometimes it makes you wonder!

Brooster
12-10-2014, 04:33 PM
How do you know it was a Hearts supporting lino?

Because I know him. I know the other lino as well and I'm sure he is a jambo as well.

Mr White
12-10-2014, 04:40 PM
I moved seats for the game yesterday to the back row of the west upper in line with the penalty spot at the south end and I'm absolutely sure it was over the line. Between that and the failure to send off the defender for denying the goalscoring opportunity, on top of the catalogue of really poor decisions that have gone against us over the last few seasons, something absolutely stinks imo. I'm not one for conspiracy theories and would usually assume incompetence but it's getting pretty hard to see it that way. Shocking decisions yesterday.

1950's hibbie
12-10-2014, 04:47 PM
I am honestly curious, why does according to many posts everyone hate Hibs. It cannot be their record of success every year annoying people, if they hate them it cannot be their record of failure every year, but constantly on the after game posts it is suggested the officials give decisions because they hate Hibs, the SFA hate Hibs because they assign Jambos to the games, newspaper reporters and commentators hate Hibs, there must be a reason but no one has said what it is. Do they hate Petrie, cannot be that is he not part of the SFA blazer wearers. It cannot be Sir Tommy Farmer he is well known for his good deeds, and as a very fair employer.

As a long time member of the family, Sammy Keane, Jock Govan, The Five, Lawrie Leslie, Joe Baker, the names the history are legion, a well loved club and players, what has happened, what is the reason, why does everyone hate Hibs?

Heisenberg
12-10-2014, 04:53 PM
It was a goal for me. Also should've been a red card. Not sure if they were just shockingly inept officials or jambos.

kaimendhibs
12-10-2014, 04:58 PM
I wasn't at the game because of work but find it odd that everyone is saying Malonga took an awful pen but it was in and skating him. If it was in he did his job, the corrupt officials didn't so save your abuse for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ackeygraham
12-10-2014, 04:59 PM
Should have taken a proper penalty. Laces through the ball and burst the net. No conspiracy theories, no nothing. Again talking about what could have been. 2 points from 6 from our so called manager of the month. We're crap and season finished October as both the board haven't back for promotion or the team just ain't got the steel for this league. Another embarrassment.

ancient hibee
12-10-2014, 05:02 PM
When your central midfield is the two players who underperformed all last season it's hardly surprising what's happening this season.

Mr White
12-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Should have taken a proper penalty. Laces through the ball and burst the net. No conspiracy theories, no nothing. Again talking about what could have been. 2 points from 6 from our so called manager of the month. We're crap and season finished October as both the board haven't back for promotion or the team just ain't got the steel for this league. Another embarrassment.

Fair enough but we scored a legitimate goal which, like griffiths and forsters against hearts, didn't count due to a shocking decision. Yes we're not playing well enough but if the goals we score are being incorrectly chalked off then I think it's understandable people complain. It's a separate issue to our form.

matty_f
12-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Malonga did enough to score, no matter how bad the penalty was. If we go in 1-0 up at half time Dumbarton have to look for a goal in the second half which would create space for us to attack.

There's every chance then, that we win the game. However the ref didn't give the goal, Dumbarton sat in, and we didn't break them down.

Mr White
12-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Malonga did enough to score, no matter how bad the penalty was. If we go in 1-0 up at half time Dumbarton have to look for a goal in the second half which would create space for us to attack.

:agree: particularly against 10 men as it should have been imo.

ackeygraham
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM
But we didn't get a goal and couldn't break down a part time team, like we couldn't beat a part time team in Alloa. Simply not good enough in my eyes. We're *****. Had enough of hibs.

SaulGoodman
12-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Hearts couldn't beat Dumbarton either

ackeygraham
12-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Hearts couldn't beat Dumbarton either
Seriously? We haven't even played them away yet. Scraped a win in the league cup and draw yesterday at home.

Think its more how many points were dropping especially at home. In my eyes we should be taking 3 points every home game outwith hearts and rangers. Instead we get a win v livi with a fluke goal. Scrape a win against Dumbarton in the cup, get beat of Falkirk, scrape another win v blue Brazil. The list is endless and not acceptable.

I fully expected to make a challenge this season and as usual we get a whimper. I have my season ticket money on the grounds we'd use this to make a challenge, the board have other ideas and if takes next season will be happy to do so.

I for one won't be and if not promoted this season however it's done, them I won't be back. We need to be as low as a snakes belly before STF and Tache ****s off.

aljo7-0
12-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Malonga must be really confused by Scottish football or certainly the refereeing decisions. He is denied a blatant penalty at Ibrox for handball with no booking or sending off for the defender and yesterday his penalty (which was not great by any means) definitely crossed the line with the ref on the corner of the 6 yard box with a clear view and the linesman looking right along the line and no goal is given - nor is the defender sent off.
2 shocking decisions in side 3 games.

Cropley10
12-10-2014, 06:05 PM
We got not one 50/50 all game. Not one.

We had two injuries both requiring the physio on, one for Gray early doors second half, and then the Forster head knock. We then had 6 substitutions - with Dumbarton players walking off slowly. He played 5 minutes of ET.

Late on a half cleared ball from our corner was handled by a Dumbarton player, right in front of the ref. Play on.

Countless times we're in possession and they're all over the player with the ball. One slight nudge from our man, and it's a foul the other way. Nish must have been awarded about 6 fouls.

Opposing teams must literally turn up with the ref on their bus. The boy yesterday was shocking - Beaton last week was the same.

SunshineOnLeith
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm greatly enjoying the seemingly genuine assertions that there's a clear and obvious SPFL/SFA bias against Hibs. You can just imagine the meetings:

"Guys, should we discuss grass roots football, funding the national team, the implications of a potential second collapse of our second biggest club?"

"Aye, well, we could do that boss. But, I'm afraid I've got something rather more pressing to bring to the floor. Hibs might beat Dumbarton at home. I'm sure we're all aware of the gravity of the situation we're dealing with here."

"You're right, we need to throw everything we have at this. Hibs winning a game would be catastrophic for our overarching mission of...erm....what's our mission again?"

"I believe the latest wording is 'Ensuring that occasional and arbitrary marginal refereeing decisions go against Hibs, for some reason'. Did we ever come up with a reason?"

"Nah. Pub?"

"Pub."

Cropley10
12-10-2014, 06:23 PM
I'm greatly enjoying the seemingly genuine assertions that there's a clear and obvious SPFL/SFA bias against Hibs. You can just imagine the meetings:

"Guys, should we discuss grass roots football, funding the national team, the implications of a potential second collapse of our second biggest club?"

"Aye, well, we could do that boss. But, I'm afraid I've got something rather more pressing to bring to the floor. Hibs might beat Dumbarton at home. I'm sure we're all aware of the gravity of the situation we're dealing with here."

"You're right, we need to throw everything we have at this. Hibs winning a game would be catastrophic for our overarching mission of...erm....what's our mission again?"

"I believe the latest wording is 'Ensuring that occasional and arbitrary marginal refereeing decisions go against Hibs, for some reason'. Did we ever come up with a reason?"

"Nah. Pub?"

"Pub."

Read what I wrote above your post. We got zero from this guy and zero the week before from Beaton. Of course, it's not as absurd as you're saying but I can't remember the last time I thought "that's a shocker" - and the decision was for US. Us - meaning Hibs ...

SunshineOnLeith
12-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Read what I wrote above your post. We got zero from this guy and zero the week before from Beaton. Of course, it's not as absurd as you're saying but I can't remember the last time I thought "that's a shocker" - and the decision was for US. Us - meaning Hibs ...

It's a conspiracy :agree:

Crazyhorse
12-10-2014, 10:17 PM

I'm not arguing with you about the specific decision but I would say overall we are getting what we deserve at the moment. We are 14 points off automatic promotion and 4 points off relegation. We are much worse than I was expecting us to be at this stage of the season but no one is swindling us out of anything.

ancient hibee
12-10-2014, 10:39 PM

Heffs offside goal against Celtic?

worcesterhibby
13-10-2014, 12:26 PM
It was in
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x211/worcesterhibby/373ecf4f-b33b-49d2-a77b-487063f2a02a_zps372463ba.png

greenlex
13-10-2014, 01:19 PM
I'm not arguing with you about the specific decision but I would say overall we are getting what we deserve at the moment. We are 14 points off automatic promotion and 4 points off relegation. We are much worse than I was expecting us to be at this stage of the season but no one is swindling us out of anything.

You forgot the 3 points off the play off places and 4 off second. Nobody at the moment is challenging Hearts.

dangermouse
14-10-2014, 09:57 AM

Because I know him. I know the other lino as well and I'm sure he is a jambo as well.

Which linesman, sorry assistant referee :greengrin are we talking about here? I know the one that ran the line on the East stand (nothing to do with the penalty or whether it crossed the line but flagged our other goal as offside) and he is a Jambo but would have been 100% impartial on this occasion.