PDA

View Full Version : Scott Allan

3pm
11-10-2014, 01:30 PM
What's going on here?!

Is he not fit?

Should be in ahead of the two jokers every time for me.

matty_f
11-10-2014, 01:32 PM
What's going on here?!

Is he not fit?

Wouldn't go so far as to give abuse to the two players in the side, but I would definitely say Allan is a better player then both of them.

GreenLake
11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Thought Allan would have been a starter every week when we signed him.

Ronniekirk
11-10-2014, 01:44 PM
What's going on here?!

Is he not fit?

He isn't playing week in week out and was behind with pre season training when he first arrived so that could still be a factor .However for me last week he kept trying the defence splitting pass that never came off when he had easier options .Thatt meant he is giving the ball back to the opposition and same applies when he goes on a mazy run he takes on a third or fourt man and llosses possession too often . I agree it's better than crab or backwards passes ,but think Stubbs will be trying to instill in him he needs to team player at times . it's not all about him .If all those defense splitting passes were coming off ,then makes It harder to be dropped .Stubbs has talked up McGeoch prior to his suspension ,and when he came on last week he caused problems .But at this point Stubbs seems to prefer him to Allan and. Don't think he is sure they can both fit into stRting 11 at this stage
But agree if we don't win today then craig and Robertson s selection again will come under scrutiny by fans

Danderhall Hibs
11-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Maybe the manager thought he was too wasteful last week and McGeoughs a better option?

Golden Bear
11-10-2014, 01:54 PM
Skilful player but has obvious fitness issues. For someone his age, fitness shouldn't be a concern so I'd question his professionalism.

LaMotta
11-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Maybe the manager thought he was too wasteful last week and McGeoughs a better option?

Agreed. He has given the ball away far too often when he has played with world cup willy passes. He has ability and has the potential to come good but im not surprised he is on the bench.

FitbaFolkKen
11-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Skilful player but has obvious fitness issues. For someone his age, fitness shouldn't be a concern so I'd question his professionalism.

Question his professionalism based on what? An assumption you have made.

Next there will be a thread on how he is lazy and spends all his time on George Street. Mental.

Bleeds green
11-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Disgrace he's not starting in that pile of crap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BOB MARLEYS DUG
12-10-2014, 04:26 AM
He hates a slide tackle when he's about to loose the ball, eh? :greengrin

PeterboroHibee
12-10-2014, 08:44 AM
He isn't playing week in week out and was behind with pre season training when he first arrived so that could still be a factor .However for me last week he kept trying the defence splitting pass that never came off when he had easier options .Thatt meant he is giving the ball back to the opposition and same applies when he goes on a mazy run he takes on a third or fourt man and llosses possession too often . I agree it's better than crab or backwards passes ,but think Stubbs will be trying to instill in him he needs to team player at times . it's not all about him .If all those defense splitting passes were coming off ,then makes It harder to be dropped .Stubbs has talked up McGeoch prior to his suspension ,and when he came on last week he caused problems .But at this point Stubbs seems to prefer him to Allan and. Don't think he is sure they can both fit into stRting 11 at this stage
But agree if we don't win today then craig and Robertson s selection again will come under scrutiny by fans

Although I agree he needs to be more clinical in the final 3rd with the ball, I thought last week Allan was by far our best midfielder, offering things going forward and defensively. Also, its actually nice to see a Hibs player who wants to show that invention and willingness to take people on.

I hoped it would have worked out for Craig and Robertson as they both came to Hibs with reasonable reputations, but I think their time is pretty much up. Stubbs obviously likes them but they seem to be the consistent weak link in the team, and with that formation, we cant afford two passengers in midfield. Whilst Im not sure McGeough and Allan would necessarily work as a midfield paid, its presumably better to try than stick with the same thing that definitely isnt working!