PDA

View Full Version : Jambo moral high ground.

Jim44
11-10-2014, 09:51 AM
Another vomit-enducing article from Bathgate, extolling the holier than thou attitude of Nelson towards the different reactions and appeals policy of Hearts and the Rangers towards the recent compliance issues. He also unnecessarily and pointedly reminds us that both cases happened in matches against Hibs. Call me touchy, but Bathgate's prejudice and bias has no limits. Sorry can't do link on my IPod.

Waxy
11-10-2014, 10:06 AM
http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/hearts-keep-appeal-policy-despite-boyd-acquittal-1-3569830

Eyrie
11-10-2014, 10:12 AM
At the risk of invoking Godwin's Law, isn't this a case of the bigger the lie the more easily it is believed?

greenlex
11-10-2014, 10:19 AM
I don't see anything wrong with what Jobby has said. I think he is spot on. Bathgate is a Jambo trumpet tho.

Onceinawhile
11-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Another vomit-enducing article from Bathgate, extolling the holier than thou attitude of Nelson towards the different reactions and appeals policy of Hearts and the Rangers towards the recent compliance issues. He also unnecessarily and pointedly reminds us that both cases happened in matches against Hibs. Call me touchy, but Bathgate's prejudice and bias has no limits. Sorry can't do link on my IPod.

The Scotsman is an edinburgh paper and therefore it's readership is made up of hibs and hearts fans. As such the hearts articles look upon hearts well and the hibs ones have a hibs bias.

If you don't want to read a pro hearts article, don't read an article by the Scotsman/een on hearts. Simple.

Phil D. Rolls
11-10-2014, 10:32 AM
It's fair comment. He could have brought even more balance by contrasting the Yaks new sense of honour compared to the previous regime - which had the money (albeit other people's) to challenge everything.

Finally he might have expanded further by pointing out that Hibs have always played the game with the GFA. It's as much about who runs the clubs as who makes the decisions.

matty_f
11-10-2014, 10:44 AM
Best ignored, he only talks them up so much to avoid another sore-face from their support.

Argylehibby
11-10-2014, 10:48 AM
Wonder why he didn't mention whether they challenged the retrospective reds for Templeton, Stevenson and McGowan in previous incidents against us?

Jim44
11-10-2014, 10:59 AM
The Scotsman is an edinburgh paper and therefore it's readership is made up of hibs and hearts fans. As such the hearts articles look upon hearts well and the hibs ones have a hibs bias.

If you don't want to read a pro hearts article, don't read an article by the Scotsman/een on hearts. Simple.

Nah,not so simple. Have you really read lots of Hibs biased articles by Bathgate? Anyway, I think I'm old and wise enough to understand the editorial policies of local newspapers and my comments are not really about my own feelings and reactions, but more the brain-washing propaganda intended to white-wash the crimes and frailties of the previous Jambo regime. This type of tripe just supports and consolidates the blinkered Jambo attitude of 'what was all the fuss about, we're really a fine upstanding institution.' Your 'simple' solution of 'don't read it if you don't like it' is too simplistic and plays into their hands.

Forza Fred
11-10-2014, 11:16 AM
Read the article objectively, albeit after 8 schooners on a warm Saturday night, and can't find any thing to fault it.

Sorry

SunshineOnLeith
11-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Nah,not so simple. Have you really read lots of Hibs biased articles by Bathgate?

No. But I have read lots of Hibs biased articles in the same publication. It really is that simple.

Trawling through the 'Hearts' section of the Scotsman website and then moaning about articles showing Hearts in a good light is just daft.

CRAZYHIBBY
11-10-2014, 11:41 AM
**** all things hearts

GreenLake
11-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Jambo moral high ground requires a good pair of wellies.

Onion
11-10-2014, 11:46 AM

No one should seriously read the Scotsman or EEN for balanced comment of Edinburgh football. Like majority of mainstream media these days, they are both riddled with unhealthy strains of bias and self interest. IMO best title for reasoned pieces on Edinburgh teams is the Herald (except when they're playing the OF of course ).

Jim44
11-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Fair enough if you guys are comfortable with this. Maybe I'm a bit sensitive. I have to say, tho', that I don't trawl for biased Jambo articles online. This one is a headlined article on the back page of this morning's hard copy. Now, don't tell me to cancel our Scotsman delivery ....... You might have to challenge my better half on that score. :-)

Phil D. Rolls
11-10-2014, 12:03 PM
No one should seriously read the Scotsman.

Fixed that for you. :wink:

Kato
11-10-2014, 12:46 PM
Standing on the Jambo moral high ground you can almost catch sight of the top of a thimble.

GreenLake
11-10-2014, 01:02 PM
The Kola Superdeep Borehole failed to reach the Jambo moral high ground.