PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV Fail again

Berwickhibby
10-10-2014, 09:41 PM
Just seen that there will again be no live stream tomorrow for the Dumbarton game for overseas subscribers, however a statement on the Hibs TV site states that there will be a live link from next week onwards. I wont hold my breath as we have heard these empty promises to often already this season. Simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!

ronaldo7
10-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Just seen that there will again be no live stream tomorrow for the Dumbarton game for overseas subscribers, however a statement on the Hibs TV site states that there will be a live link from next week onwards. I wont hold my breath as we have heard these empty promises to often already this season. Simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!!!

Our club just gets worse and worse by the week. You could go back a few years and see the same things said about Hibs TV. It's pathetic.

FranckSuzy
10-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Our club just gets worse and worse by the week. You could go back a few years and see the same things said about Hibs TV. It's pathetic.

:agree: Poor show.

GreenLake
10-10-2014, 10:49 PM
The Scotland game is on Fox Sports 2 in the USA so at least we get to see some football on Saturday after listening to the Hibs match.

Twiglet
10-10-2014, 11:53 PM

The next 3 games will be on HibsTV as there's going to be live broadcasts from each.
There's something on order (it has been for weeks now, but hasn't arrived as yet) that will enable the TV link to go up and work with the new Hibs TV supplier. There should have been an explanation before the match last week and it should be said (again) before the match tomorrow.

Septimus
11-10-2014, 06:27 AM
Surprise! Surprise!

cabbageandribs1875
11-10-2014, 09:43 AM
The next 3 games will be on HibsTV as there's going to be live broadcasts from each.
There's something on order (it has been for weeks now, but hasn't arrived as yet) that will enable the TV link to go up and work with the new Hibs TV supplier. There should have been an explanation before the match last week and it should be said (again) before the match tomorrow.

i bet it's just one of these that was needed all along

http://www.macbuildingproducts.com/images/05PLUG13A.gif

Pretty Boy
11-10-2014, 09:46 AM
Was this not one of the prominent 'flagship' promises of things that would definitely be sorted.

1 or 2 weeks I could understand if it was going to lead to a better long term service but this just seems unacceptable. The sooner Hibs learn that fixing the, relatively speaking, small things the happier people will be the sooner they will notice the fans become a lot more supportive and engaged.

PatHead
11-10-2014, 10:39 AM
The problem is with BT.

Originally Hibs were advised the Broadband width was acceptable for the new system which was installed last summer. It turned out this was not the case. A new broadband link was therefore required by BT. This has been promised on many occasions and BT have cancelled late on.

A new piece of kit was installed last week in the hope it could provide a temporary fix however it failed hence the late cancellation of the cover last week.

As Twiglet said the next 3 home games are being covered by outside Broadcasters though the Dundee Utd game is not live on tv. Hibs expect BT to have provided the cable within this time. As a business who has experienced BT inefficiencies myself I can sympathise with them.

Gus Fring
11-10-2014, 10:43 AM
What confuses me is that there's no video at all! We had video last season and the club are blaming BT, so is there no internet in the stadium at all? What's changed between last season and this season?

Why does having outside broadcasts makes a difference as Hibs TV still have to stream the video over the Internet? The source of the video shouldn't make a difference

JON6207
11-10-2014, 10:55 AM
What confuses me is that there's no video at all! We had video last season and the club are blaming BT, so is there no internet in the stadium at all? What's changed between last season and this season?

Why does having outside broadcasts makes a difference as Hibs TV still have to stream the video over the Internet? The source of the video shouldn't make a difference

Exactly, this is what I do not understand. Surely we could revert back to the old xtra until the new service is available

PatHead
11-10-2014, 10:56 AM

Seemingly the quality of picture being transmitted under the new Hibs TV needs a wider bandwidth- I am not an expert so feel free to shoot me down- hence the need for the new cable. I am led to believe it is a new service provider transmitting the coverage so the old style coverage is no longer available.

I raised this at Working Together this week hence my limited knowledge.

Gus Fring
11-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Seemingly the quality of picture being transmitted under the new Hibs TV needs a wider bandwidth- I am not an expert so feel free to shoot me down- hence the need for the new cable. I am led to believe it is a new service provider transmitting the coverage so the old style coverage is no longer available.

I raised this at Working Together this week hence my limited knowledge.

I think most of us would rather have the old lower resolution stuff until it's sorted. The match replays don't seem to have had any improvement in quality since last season.

Hibs are saying they can't broadcast live video because the line isn't good enough to carry the better quality. How is it good enough to carry video from BT, Sky or the BBC for the next few weeks?

If we get video from them then that proves that they can broadcast video of a high standard, they are just choosing not to.

Forza Fred
11-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Wind of change?

California-Hibs
11-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Message on the Hibs TV Audio page right now while listening to the game -

'HIBS TV apologise that this weeks game is Audio only. As of next week we will be running live Video for all home games to international subscribers.'

Heard this before mind you. We shall see.

Septimus
11-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Disappointing not to be able to see it but the commentary is really good. Thanks Cliff.

hibbybrian
11-10-2014, 03:33 PM
The problem is with BT.

Originally Hibs were advised the Broadband width was acceptable for the new system which was installed last summer. It turned out this was not the case. A new broadband link was therefore required by BT. This has been promised on many occasions and BT have cancelled late on.

A new piece of kit was installed last week in the hope it could provide a temporary fix however it failed hence the late cancellation of the cover last week.

As Twiglet said the next 3 home games are being covered by outside Broadcasters though the Dundee Utd game is not live on tv. Hibs expect BT to have provided the cable within this time. As a business who has experienced BT inefficiencies myself I can sympathise with them.

Thanks for raising this on Working Together and for the update :aok:

There are however two problems; the technical difficulties which you have explained and the total lack of communication from the Club to the supporters which should have been easily resolved by the Club :rolleyes:

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm not sure why any of you would want to watch this lot? :rolleyes:

hibbybrian
11-10-2014, 03:38 PM
I'm not sure why any of you would want to watch this lot? :rolleyes:

It lets us make our own minds up about how the team are playing rather than relying on internet posts :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2014, 03:40 PM
It lets us make our own minds up about how the team are playing rather than relying on internet posts :greengrin

Brian, imagine watching this pish in HD? :wink:

SingaporeHibs
11-10-2014, 03:47 PM
Everyone has said it all already but whats really annoying me is the lack of communication. The only email i've had from Hibs Tv is the one that tells me I've had another 8.99 deducted from my bank account. Previously i was signed up as a xtra season ticket and a hibs Tv season ticket holder which to be honest was pretty expensive but for me worth it to be able to watch Hibs from 7k miles away from home. This year i looked at the fixtures, between making it home to Edinburgh and travelling elsewhere i decided a monthly subscription would do. Could pick and choose which months to buy into Hibs TV.......i thought, yet even tho when i log on it says i have a monthly subscription, paid monthly they seem to roll the monthly subscription each month, taking the money out my account without me re-subscribing monthly. Does not seem correct to me, given due to time zones i have only seen 1 live game (the derby) this season... The money is relatively light, i would let it go if they would contact us about it but i think the time has come for a letter....sick of this rip off.

hibbybrian
11-10-2014, 03:48 PM
Brian, imagine watching this pish in HD? :wink:

You still travelling up for the games G. ?

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2014, 03:54 PM
You still travelling up for the games G. ?

Not very often, went to Dumfries the other week but i'm not bothering much these days.

hibbybrian
11-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Not very often, went to Dumfries the other week but i'm not bothering much these days.

Can't say I blame you G. but it's a sad inditement on the current setup:rolleyes:

GreenLake
11-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Does the local BT work supervisor have a season ticket for the PBS?

blackpoolhibs
11-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Can't say I blame you G. but it's a sad inditement on the current setup:rolleyes:

If the owner can't be bothered, why should the fans? :agree:

hongkonghibee
13-10-2014, 07:54 AM
So, who is telling us the true story?
Andrew Sleight in an email to a HibsTV subscriber blamed the delay in live video on BT taking too long to lay a cable. But now LD in her post here seems to blame HibsTV for the delay saying its NOT a supplier thing or issue.
LD states "Hibs TV – again another own goal, we invested heavily in every aspect to deliver a better TV product alongside a new website. On the face of both, they should have delivered significantly more than they have. It’s not a supplier thing or issue, it was planning at our end – again an own goal that requires to be fixed quickly but to be fair to all concerned, it was a curve ball that derailed it right at the last minute – even so, still majorly disappointing but if it is any consolation, the whole exec team including myself and Jamie are involved to fix this."

Just Alf
13-10-2014, 10:36 AM
So, who is telling us the true story?
Andrew Sleight in an email to a HibsTV subscriber blamed the delay in live video on BT taking too long to lay a cable. But now LD in her post here seems to blame HibsTV for the delay saying its NOT a supplier thing or issue.
LD states "Hibs TV – again another own goal, we invested heavily in every aspect to deliver a better TV product alongside a new website. On the face of both, they should have delivered significantly more than they have. It’s not a supplier thing or issue, it was planning at our end – again an own goal that requires to be fixed quickly but to be fair to all concerned, it was a curve ball that derailed it right at the last minute – even so, still majorly disappointing but if it is any consolation, the whole exec team including myself and Jamie are involved to fix this."

I think it's both! (from previous experience)

Hibs have probably left it too long before ordering the circuit and unlike ordinary broadband the lead time between ordering and actual delivery of a working circuit can be quite long.... BTnet circuits for example are around 60-80 days (new exchange equip (both to terminate the customer cabling but also to link into the back haul network between exchange nodes), fibre, network planning etc etc)

GreenLake
13-10-2014, 03:00 PM
I think it's both! (from previous experience)

Hibs have probably left it too long before ordering the circuit and unlike ordinary broadband the lead time between ordering and actual delivery of a working circuit can be quite long.... BTnet circuits for example are around 60-80 days (new exchange equip (both to terminate the customer cabling but also to link into the back haul network between exchange nodes), fibre, network planning etc etc)

I could get the NHS to give me a hip replacement quicker than that. :wink:

Just Alf
13-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I could get the NHS to give me a hip replacement quicker than that. :wink:

Ha Ha! this IS BT we are talking about!

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Thats the Better Together lot for you! ;-)

Just Alf
13-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Thats the Better Together lot for you! ;-)

:-)

Did always confuse me right enough!