PDA

View Full Version : Football Pitches

WHUHibs
10-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Do you think that once we have a team worthy of playing beautiful football we should look at a new pitch?

We finished Murrayfield in May and it looks in tip top condition and the comment from the Celtic players was its the best pitch they have ever played on! Interestingly our pitches ( NOT THE PAINTED GRASS ONES) in Brazil looked fabulous we thought that the womans world cup pitches would be next! However, it looks like we were wrong:wink:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/outrage-grows-over-fifa-womens-world-cup-being-held-on-turf/

Billy Whizz
10-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Think it cost around £600k or so. Better things to spend our money on

WHUHibs
10-10-2014, 08:46 AM
Bill,

You are right it does but if there is a change in the set up of Hibs in the future I might sponsor THE PITCH :wink:

spike220
10-10-2014, 08:52 AM
Bill,

You are right it does but if there is a change in the set up of Hibs in the future I might sponsor THE PITCH :wink:

Yes the pitch has been an issue for years, needs to be sorted.

Billy Whizz
10-10-2014, 08:56 AM
Bill,

If you've got the money, why not. I know the man who could help you spend it

WHUHibs
10-10-2014, 09:33 AM
If you've got the money, why not. I know the man who could help you spend it:greengrin

tamig
10-10-2014, 11:22 AM
Yes the pitch has been an issue for years, needs to be sorted.

To be fair I thought our pitch held up well last season - probably mainly due to the mild winter - and still looked great at the end of the season. Didn't help us football wise of course.

Ross4356
10-10-2014, 12:10 PM
We got a brand new pitch when the east was built

Ozyhibby
10-10-2014, 12:44 PM
We got a brand new pitch when the east was built

The pitch was reseeded in the summer. I can remember being raging at the picture at a time when we had no manager, no players and had just been relegated.

seanshow
10-10-2014, 01:13 PM
Nowt wrong with the pitch imo, use it every fortnight 20 times a year it would remain in mint condition all year round.

Once you increase the footfall, with additional games/teams/training it gets wrecked....it's not rocket science, Keep off the Grass it's better for you! :greengrin

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2014, 04:41 PM
To be fair I thought our pitch held up well last season - probably mainly due to the mild winter - and still looked great at the end of the season. Didn't help us football wise of course.

The middle was near brand new. :rolleyes:

emerald green
10-10-2014, 04:59 PM

The ball hardly touched the grass. It was hoofed up in the air so often.