PDA

View Full Version : Why would Alloa allow this for £320

silverhibee
09-10-2014, 10:21 PM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/steven-pressley-hails-robbie-neilson-4404139

Seems a bit strange that Alloa would give them training facilities on there pitch before there game at the weekend.

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Utterly unacceptable unless they allow every team to do the same. The money shouldn't matter

Michael
09-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Utterly unacceptable unless they allow every team to do the same. The money shouldn't matter

Pretty sure they said they it's an offer open to any senior team. Hearts just took the initiative and asked to use it.

Load of nonsense in my opinion though - any advantage would be minimal. I don't know what East mains is like, but surely there is a plastic pitch there? If not they are everywhere anyway.

S4uzee
09-10-2014, 10:40 PM
Good move by hearts, doing everything they can to get promoted 1st time if asking

HibbyKeith
09-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Pretty sure they said they it's an offer open to any senior team. Hearts just took the initiative and asked to use it.

Load of nonsense in my opinion though - any advantage would be minimal. I don't know what East mains is like, but surely there is a plastic pitch there? If not they are everywhere anyway.

The outdoor plastic pitch at east mains doesn't look up to much to be honest, The Spartans link up does allow hibs the opportunity to train on a decent synthetic pitch there though.

I think what this does do for Hearts is gives their players the mindset that the pitch is not an issue. Confidence building by removing the home advantage, seems trivial but the mental side of management is just as important as the practical.

Cant say I'd be disappointing if Hibs were to adopt a similar strategy for synthetic pitch away games.

SaulGoodman
09-10-2014, 10:52 PM
Seems a smart move tbh. That's twice I've praised Hearts in the same day, I'm away for a shower.

givescotlandfreedom
09-10-2014, 11:19 PM
Canny or not if there was any financial fair play in this country they wouldn't even be in this league if they even existed.

hibs0666
09-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Fair play to the child molesters. And charity thieves lest we forget.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2014, 12:17 AM
i'm more surprised at Alloa giving up an advantage for the sake of £300

Pete
10-10-2014, 01:22 AM
I think what this does do for Hearts is gives their players the mindset that the pitch is not an issue. Confidence building by removing the home advantage, seems trivial but the mental side of management is just as important as the practical.

Cant say I'd be disappointing if Hibs were to adopt a similar strategy for synthetic pitch away games.

Definitely a mental thing as it's not as if hearts don't have synthetic pitches at Riccarton at their disposal. The two other big guns have struggled up there and this could be seen as a banana skin with doubts creeping into the players heads.

As for our strategy, I heard that Stubbs wanted to hire the facilities at Alloa but Petrie wouldn't pay a penny more than £275.

GreenLake
10-10-2014, 02:18 AM
:faf:

macca70
10-10-2014, 04:49 AM
Maybe some of the local businesses they shafted should be questioning how they can now afford to be paying £160 per hour to rent a pitch.

oneone73
10-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Maybe some of the local businesses they shafted should be questioning how they can now afford to be paying £160 per hour to rent a pitch.

Notice the Yams have also been training at Spartans. That's some tie-up we've got.

heretoday
10-10-2014, 06:55 AM
What's Alloa's price for throwing the game altogether?

HH81
10-10-2014, 07:02 AM
£320 will be quite a lot of cash for them:greengrin

Joking aside the 4g pitches are meant to be used all year round so most clubs will rent them out for a price.

chinaman
10-10-2014, 07:26 AM

This.....would have loved this rotten to the bone abortion of a club to have died but sadly the party aint happening, their pitiful begging for help worked and the paedophile backers are still here everything about them cos we've got a mountain to climb to get shot of a board who see simply existing as success.

bigwheel
10-10-2014, 08:00 AM

Seems a bit strange that Alloa would give them training facilities on there pitch before there game at the weekend.

it's a facility that anyone can rent... good thinking for them...

Bostonhibby
10-10-2014, 08:01 AM
I tend to see this as the poppy thieves just doing all they can to get up straight away, a bit like getting their signings done early. I hope Alloa got their cash up front though.

We meantime have plenty access to plastic pitches and high quality training facilities so presumably will be £320 better of than the yam already.

Rod will be that pleased he will probably peel his xmas tangerine early this year.

Judas Iscariot
10-10-2014, 08:03 AM
Why would we bother worrying about their plastic pitch or £320, we've got multimillion pound training centre..

There's no way Alloa will beat us...

Oh..

Hermit Crab
10-10-2014, 09:08 AM
There's nothing wrong with what they are doing. Move along people nothing to see here.

truehibernian
10-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Can see the advantages for Neilson on two fronts.....they're more likely to understand what he is saying through there and secondly there is a KFC just opposite that if he asks kindly he can dip his hair into so it retains that 'wet look' he sports :aok: tragic hair by the way :greengrin

Geo_1875
10-10-2014, 09:26 AM
I'm sure it's a Council run facility that anyone can rent. I just hope the Council got their cash up front.

Wonder if the Yams got a 2-hour rebate on their rent for Riccarton?

Keith_M
10-10-2014, 09:27 AM
Can see the advantages for Neilson on two fronts.....they're more likely to understand what he is saying through there and secondly there is a KFC just opposite that if he asks kindly he can dip his hair into so it retains that 'wet look' he sports :aok: tragic hair by the way :greengrin

Why would they be more likely to understand Neilson 'through there'?

:confused:

As somebody that actually lived 'through there', I'd like to point out that they talk English with practically the same accent and dialect as Edinburgh and the Lothians.

scoopyboy
10-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Yeah, cos all plastic pitches are the same.

R11Loaded
10-10-2014, 10:20 AM
There was a hearts team training at pinkie school on Monday night, were all quite a size.

Why wouldn't they be at riccarton

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

truehibernian
10-10-2014, 10:23 AM
Why would they be more likely to understand Neilson 'through there'?

:confused:

As somebody that actually lived 'through there', I'd like to point out that they talk English with practically the same accent and dialect as Edinburgh and the Lothians.

Easy keekaboo.....only teasin' !

My ex is from Tullibody so I've nae axe to grind wi the gid folk o Alloa !

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Why would we bother worrying about their plastic pitch or £320, we've got multimillion pound training centre..

There's no way Alloa will beat us...

Oh..

Don't even no if our kid on thing at EM is 3G, but the players don't like using it as it's pish.

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 10:33 AM
There's nothing wrong with what they are doing. Move along people nothing to see here.

Yeah i no that but it is certainly a strange thing for Alloa to do the week before they play them on that pitch, they could have said, sorry no bookings this week but we have a space for next Monday.

truehibernian
10-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Don't even no if our kid on thing at EM is 3G, but the players don't like using it as it's pish.

Most 3G is SH - in my mid 40's now and still play 11's, for the last three seasons mostly on 3G and artificial surfaces. Last two seasons I've had my only groin and hamstring strains ever - age aside, it plays utter havoc with the hips and lower muscles. Hate it !

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 10:38 AM
Easy keekaboo.....only teasin' !

My ex is from Tullibody so I've nae axe to grind wi the gid folk o Alloa !

Having been in the dump last night i must say Alloa is a f***ing mess. :wink: :greengrin

SQHib
10-10-2014, 10:41 AM

Anyone can hire it Silver - see the link : http://www.alloaathletic.co.uk/pitchhire.aspx

Presume even if alloa wanted to stop Yams hiring it they couldn't if its available for public hire - probably not worth the hassle - and they have prob scored 240 quid when it would be empty one morning

SlickShoes
10-10-2014, 11:15 AM
Like SQHib said the pitch is available for anyone to hire, so Hibs and Rangers could have done this if they liked.

Alloa need the revenue they get from hiring our the pitch when they aren't playing on it rather than it being a ploughed field and sitting empty 99% of the time.

scoopyboy
10-10-2014, 11:40 AM
There was a hearts team training at pinkie school on Monday night, were all quite a size.

Why wouldn't they be at riccarton

Are you sure it wasn't Musselburgh Athletic training in Hearts gear?

They get Hearts hand downs at the end of each season.

sbell1875
10-10-2014, 12:28 PM
Considering how bad we played at Alloa I think it's a move we should have made.

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Just heard on the radio the now that they have been training down at Spartans as well, thought we had tied something up with Spartans, or are we not paying them enough that the are letting to the thieves as well. FFS, they are skint one minute the next splashing it out training all over Scotland.

F*** the h****s

oconnors_strip
10-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Just heard on the radio the now that they have been training down at Spartans as well, thought we had tied something up with Spartans, or are we not paying them enough that the are letting to the thieves as well. FFS, they are skint one minute the next splashing it out training all over Scotland.

F*** the h****s

The tie with Spartans isn't for using their ground it's the academy link up

blackpoolhibs
10-10-2014, 04:33 PM
I tend to see this as the poppy thieves just doing all they can to get up straight away, a bit like getting their signings done early. I hope Alloa got their cash up front though.

We meantime have plenty access to plastic pitches and high quality training facilities so presumably will be £320 better of than the yam already.

Rod will be that pleased he will probably peel his xmas tangerine early this year.

:agree: :rolleyes:

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 04:39 PM
The tie with Spartans isn't for using their ground it's the academy link up

But we still use there pitch. :greengrin

Michael
10-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Yeah, cos all plastic pitches are the same.

Similar enough. Ball goes a bit faster, hurts to slide, sand gets between your nails...

To be honest, if the pitch that you play f'ing Alloa on marks the difference between the two sides then the problem isn't the pitch.

PISTOL1875
10-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Another example of why Hertz on the grand scale of things , are ahead of us. Well done to them for renting the pitch out and getting a feel for it... We complain after Alloa horse us on it so Hertz have the savvy to doing something about it to give themselves a bit of an advantage.. Hertz should be applauded for giving themselves the best chance of getting up straight away whilst we d!ck about moaning about this that and the next thing..

The complete and utter idiots on this thread can moan all they want but it just shows why Hibs miles behind them in more than league points..

scoopyboy
10-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Similar enough. Ball goes a bit faster, hurts to slide, sand gets between your nails...

To be honest, if the pitch that you play f'ing Alloa on marks the difference between the two sides then the problem isn't the pitch.

Garbage.

The Alloa pitch is by far the worst in the league.

I'm not arguing the merits of teams I'm saying that not all plastic pitches are the same.

Feed McGraw
10-10-2014, 08:20 PM

F*** the h****s Triple double F*** thum.

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 08:24 PM

Thought it was pellets.

R11Loaded
10-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Are you sure it wasn't Musselburgh Athletic training in Hearts gear?

They get Hearts hand downs at the end of each season.

Possibly although my mates played for the juniors and I never recognised them

bigwheel
11-10-2014, 07:23 AM
Yeah i no that but it is certainly a strange thing for Alloa to do the week before they play them on that pitch, they could have said, sorry no bookings this week but we have a space for next Monday.

maybe the real question is - "why didn't we think of that'?