PDA

View Full Version : Easter Road or Ibrox on Saturday?

SteveHFC
09-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Will you be at Easter Road to watch us play Dumbarton or at Ibrox to watch Scotland in the first qualifier at home of the campaign?

I'll be at Ibrox. **** going to watch us struggle against Dumbarton on Saturday ;-).

Pete
09-10-2014, 05:43 AM
I'll be at Ibrox. **** going to watch us struggle against Dumbarton on Saturday ;-).

Good for you.

GGTTH07
09-10-2014, 05:59 AM
Easter Road. Priorities! ;-)

3pm
09-10-2014, 06:01 AM
Not even a consideration. Hibees, Hibees. Hibees!

Bishop Hibee
09-10-2014, 06:07 AM
First competitive home Scotland match I've missed in years.

Ronniekirk
09-10-2014, 06:23 AM
I assumed our match would be moved and got a ticket for Scotland Game from my Brother in Law so will be at a Ibrox but normally would put Hibs first

Ken
09-10-2014, 06:31 AM
For me it's always club over country but I do think it's unfair on the Tartan Army Hibs supporters.

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2014, 06:33 AM
It was a really tough decision for me but I opted for Easter Road.

California-Hibs
09-10-2014, 06:39 AM
Will you be at Easter Road to watch us play Dumbarton or at Ibrox to watch Scotland in the first qualifier at home of the campaign?

Oh dear, what a terrible attitude, the type that is why we find ourselves in the state we're in as a club. Hope Hibs put in a fantastic display to go against your 'struggle' comment.

Sorry but comments like this make Hearts fans smile and take the piss out of us even more, a complete loser mentality. Fair enough go to the Scotland game, it would be a hard decision for me as I love going to Scotland games. However any excuse to message and put the boot into Hibs in the process is sad. IMO of course.

soupy
09-10-2014, 06:46 AM
Oh dear, what a terrible attitude, the type that is why we find ourselves in the state we're in as a club. Hope Hibs put in a fantastic display to go against your 'struggle' comment.

Sorry but comments like this make Hearts fans smile and take the piss out of us even more, a complete loser mentality. Fair enough go to the Sc
otland game, it would be a hard decision for me as I love going to Scotland games. However any excuse to message and put the boot into Hibs in the process is sad. IMO of course.

Eh nonsense mate, I think we know the real reason Hibs are in the state were in......

Ps, ill be at Ibrox aswell, bus at leaves at 9:30, canny wait

MartinfaePorty
09-10-2014, 06:56 AM
Decided to support the Hibees. Having a season ticket v £42 Scotland v Georgia also a consideration.

Hibbyradge
09-10-2014, 07:05 AM
Oh dear, what a terrible attitude, the type that is why we find ourselves in the state we're in as a club.

:faf:

That's fair cheered me up for the day. :thumbsup:

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2014, 07:15 AM
The guys that post on here who regularly attend Easter Road and have decided to miss one game because of the Scotland game have no case to answer to anyone, enjoy your day people well not too much :wink:

HH81
09-10-2014, 07:19 AM
Where is the option for neither?

Albanian Hibs
09-10-2014, 07:24 AM
Easter Rd

EH54
09-10-2014, 07:25 AM
Not going to lie i would have been at Ibrox had it not been for the prices absolutely ridiculous so will be at ER then no doubt head up town to watch the scotland game

Sir David Gray
09-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Where is the option for neither?

:agree: I'm still looking for the Paphos option on the poll.

:greengrin

Ozyhibby
09-10-2014, 07:26 AM
Ibrox for me this week. It's crazy that we are having to choose but it would have been unfair to ask a part time team like Dumbarton move the game.

Mr White
09-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Easter road.

GreenArmyyy!
09-10-2014, 07:43 AM
Club is always before country.

Pretty Boy
09-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Club before country every time for me.

HUTCHYHIBBY
09-10-2014, 07:51 AM
Ibrox

DarrenSQH
09-10-2014, 08:06 AM
Ibrox for me.

Shame I cant go to both as I thought Hibs and Dumbarton would move it.

MB62
09-10-2014, 08:12 AM
It's a no brainer for me. Paid my last £22 to watch Hibs for a good while, really sick of being constantly let down. As for watching Scotlandshire, no interest there either now.

Roll on the X factor :greengrin

LancashireHibby
09-10-2014, 09:14 AM
Wouldn't have been at Easter Road if the game was on the Friday so Hibs have got my £22 at least.

Hibbyradge
09-10-2014, 09:20 AM
The guys that post on here who regularly attend Easter Road and have decided to miss one game because of the Scotland game have no case to answer to anyone, enjoy your day people well not too much :wink:

No-one who attends Easter Road regularly or not has a "case to answer".

hibbiedon
09-10-2014, 09:21 AM
Easter Road, club before region

:flag::flag:

J-C
09-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Never go to Scotland games these days, couldn't tell you the last time I went, will deffo be at ER on Saturday my ssupported team v national team is a no contest.

gringojoe
09-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Musselburgh races:aok:

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Easter Road. Though I don't make a distinction between my support of Hibs and my UK regional team ... it is possible to do both.

It was very nice of them to make the kick off 5pm though, making it impossible for me to even see the game on the telly unless I head for the pub at full time. I'm sure quite a few fans who will have actually been arsed to watch Scottish club football this Saturday will be in the same boat.

Would it have been impossible for the SPFL to kick off the league fixtures at 2pm this weekend to give folk time to get home for kick off. What a joke that the people who are putting their hand into their pocket to support the domestic game are the ones given least consideration.

frazeHFC
09-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Neither, but if I was it would definitely be club before country for me.

biggineurope
09-10-2014, 11:27 AM
Easter Road for me, wid always be first choice.

:gwa:

18Craig75
09-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Up until the last couple years it would've always been club over country. Unfortunatley my passion for Hibs has been largely destroyed by those running the club.

It's a sad state of affairs, it really is. But that's what it's come to for me personally. The Easter Road Tartan Army will all be at Ibrox rather than Easter Road, pretty sad really.

Bad Martini
09-10-2014, 11:32 AM
Whilst physically impossible to get from Easter Road at 16:45 to ibrox at 17:00 (unless you have a DeLorean, flux capacitor and some lightning :greengrin), it's perfectly possible to watch one in person and then watch the Scotland game as this city is not short of a bar or 400.

So, nae worries there.

Why do these discussions always descend into "national team is pish" and club first etc every time?

It's a bit like picking your favourite arm or leg ... absolutely not needed :rolleyes:

Anyways, GGTTH AND WE'LL BE COMING YA BASS :aok:

Gus
09-10-2014, 12:00 PM
I was told Scotland wouldn't have a national team after the NO vote :devil:

Ross4356
09-10-2014, 12:07 PM
Scotland comes before Hibs always

SteveHFC
09-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Good for you.

Great reply Peter.

SteveHFC
09-10-2014, 12:12 PM

Sorry but comments like this make Hearts fans smile and take the piss out of us even more, a complete loser mentality. Fair enough go to the Scotland game, it would be a hard decision for me as I love going to Scotland games. However any excuse to message and put the boot into Hibs in the process is sad. IMO of course.

I was joking with the 'struggle'. Have a sense of humour FFS.

GreenLake
09-10-2014, 12:14 PM
There is one good thing about the clash of games. I won't be watching a live EPL game while listening to HibsTV audio with my headphones. It's difficult to visualize from the commentary what is going on in the Hibs game while watching the slick passing and movement of a Premier League game on mute. Kind of like eating a delivery pizza while watching Master Chef.

leggeto
09-10-2014, 12:17 PM
Hibs 1st team Scotland 2nd team

cmcd
09-10-2014, 12:19 PM
it's a no brainer for me. Paid my last £22 to watch hibs for a good while, really sick of being constantly let down. As for watching scotlandshire, no interest there either now.

Roll on the x factor :greengrin
sad

WeeRussell
09-10-2014, 12:19 PM
Whilst physically impossible to get from Easter Road at 16:45 to ibrox at 17:00 (unless you have a DeLorean, flux capacitor and some lightning :greengrin), it's perfectly possible to watch one in person and then watch the Scotland game as this city is not short of a bar or 400.

So, nae worries there.

Why do these discussions always descend into "national team is pish" and club first etc every time?

It's a bit like picking your favourite arm or leg ... absolutely not needed :rolleyes:

Anyways, GGTTH AND WE'LL BE COMING YA BASS :aok:

I know - it seems to be the cool thing now, to care about Scotland as little as possible and be solely focussed on Hibs. You almost open any thread with Scotland content waiting for the first 'who cares' type comment. In this case it is a question of club or country on Saturday so almost all replies have been relevant... but you get what I mean.

I thought I was going to be first but Rossco above was in before me - I too happen to be country before club, always have and always will. I still love Hibs and hate Hearts.. it's just that my country has always meant more to me.

Could argue it's because my family don't all support the same clubs (but are all passionate about Scotland), I don't live in Leith etc etc.. I just think it's who I am.

In summary - frantically checking the Hibs score while on the bus to Ibrox, on Saturday :flag:

Oh - and if I'd realised the game was at Ibrox when agreeing to get tickets.. I maybe wouldn't have bothered. HATE everything 'The Rangers' connected as both a Scotland and Hibs man :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2014, 12:52 PM
I know - it seems to be the cool thing now, to care about Scotland as little as possible and be solely focussed on Hibs. You almost open any thread with Scotland content waiting for the first 'who cares' type comment. In this case it is a question of club or country on Saturday so almost all replies have been relevant... but you get what I mean.

I thought I was going to be first but Rossco above was in before me - I too happen to be country before club, always have and always will. I still love Hibs and hate Hearts.. it's just that my country has always meant more to me.

Could argue it's because my family don't all support the same clubs (but are all passionate about Scotland), I don't live in Leith etc etc.. I just think it's who I am.

In summary - frantically checking the Hibs score while on the bus to Ibrox, on Saturday :flag:

Oh - and if I'd realised the game was at Ibrox when agreeing to get tickets.. I maybe wouldn't have bothered. HATE everything 'The Rangers' connected as both a Scotland and Hibs man :agree:

Good post.

I've said before on these threads. When I was a kid growing up nobody would have understood this club v country pish. If you were Scottish and liked football ... hell, even if you didn't ... you just supported Scotland no questions asked, because for us there was no question.

I know a lot of folk get annoyed with the Tartan Army stuff and I can understand why. Back then we were all the Tartan Army, it wasn't something you had to bloody join.

On that note: First dibs for Scotland tickets should go to people who support the domestic game by watching the Scottish leagues week in week out. Not to folk who only watch Scotland games and have joined the travel club. I have a mate who goes to Scotland games home and sometimes away, but his club side is Man Utd .... he wouldn't dream of watching an SPFL league game. Why should he be entitled to a Scotland ticket before me?

If Scotland make it to the Euros in France I would want to go. But I would have little chance of getting match tickets in front of a load of folk whose contribution to the day to day survival of the Scottish domestic game has been virtually nil.

PatHead
09-10-2014, 12:56 PM
Ibrox for me this week. It's crazy that we are having to choose but it would have been unfair to ask a part time team like Dumbarton move the game.

We did ask them but they weren't for changing. Understand their reasons but can't understand why the kick off wasn't brought forward a little to give folk more time to get home and watch the match.

Scouse Hibee
09-10-2014, 12:59 PM
No-one who attends Easter Road regularly or not has a "case to answer".

That depends on your opinion.

Keith_M
09-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Good post.

I've said before on these threads. When I was a kid growing up nobody would have understood this club v country pish. If you were Scottish and liked football ... hell, even if you didn't ... you just supported Scotland no questions asked, because for us there was no question.

I know a lot of folk get annoyed with the Tartan Army stuff and I can understand why. Back then we were all the Tartan Army, it wasn't something you had to bloody join.

:agree:

It's their choice to dress how they like but I find a lot of it quite cringeworthy. I have to say, dressing in the Full Kilted outfit with Glengarry Hat and Timberland Boots has never appealed to me. I just go with the Scotland top and Scarf.

On that note: First dibs for Scotland tickets should go to people who support the domestic game by watching the Scottish leagues week in week out. Not to folk who only watch Scotland games and have joined the travel club. I have a mate who goes to Scotland games home and sometimes away, but his club side is Man Utd .... he wouldn't dream of watching an SPFL league game. Why should he be entitled to a Scotland ticket before me?

If Scotland make it to the Euros in France I would want to go. But I would have little chance of getting match tickets in front of a load of folk whose contribution to the day to day survival of the Scottish domestic game has been virtually nil.

Agree with that as well, to a degree.

Travelling to away games is currently a 'closed shop'. You only get Tickets if you have enough Points. You only get Points if you have previously bought Tickets.

Does anybody else see the problem with that?

SteveHFC
09-10-2014, 02:09 PM

It's their choice to dress they like but I find a lot of it quite cringeworthy. I have to say, dressing in the Full Kilted outfit with Glengarry Hat and Timberland Boots has never appealed to me. I just go with the Scotland top and Scarf.

Agree with that as well, to a degree.

Travelling to away games is currently a 'closed shop'. You only get Tickets if you have enough Points. You only get Points if you have previously bought Tickets.

Does anybody else see the problem with that?

This,

I'll just stick to wearing jeans instead of a kilt.

WeeRussell
09-10-2014, 02:17 PM
This,

I'll just stick to wearing jeans instead of a kilt.

I'll be sticking the Kilt on this Saturday.. no weddings left until 2015 and it's rare weather for this time of year :greengrin

SteveHFC
09-10-2014, 02:22 PM
I'll be sticking the Kilt on this Saturday.. no weddings left until 2015 and it's rare weather for this time of year :greengrin

Fair enough :greengrin

Looking forward to Saturday now mate. Hopefully we can win. :saltireflag

Phil MaGlass
09-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Good post.

On that note: First dibs for Scotland tickets should go to people who support the domestic game by watching the Scottish leagues week in week out. Not to folk who only watch Scotland games and have joined the travel club. I have a mate who goes to Scotland games home and sometimes away, but his club side is Man Utd .... he wouldn't dream of watching an SPFL league game. Why should he be entitled to a Scotland ticket before me? If Scotland make it to the Euros in France I would want to go. But I would have little chance of getting match tickets in front of a load of folk whose contribution to the day to day survival of the Scottish domestic game has been virtually nil.

Why do you think you have a better right to other fans who ARE members of the travel club or whatever its called nowadays. These guys are supporting their national team and ticket money goes directly into the grass roots of our game,they also pay a sizeable membership and attract others to join the club, quite a strange one to think you should be entitled because you attend domestic games. I am not a member of the travel club by the way.

CRAZYHIBBY
09-10-2014, 02:27 PM
If i was able to go i would choose easter road every time

Mikey
09-10-2014, 02:31 PM
I was joking with the 'struggle'. Have a sense of humour FFS.

Are you seeing a pattern develop with your jokes? You're the only one who gets them :wink:

Loopz
09-10-2014, 02:31 PM
I voted ER, can I make some badges. :cb

SteveHFC
09-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Are you seeing a pattern develop with your jokes? You're the only one who gets them :wink:

Another great reply :aok:

Mikey
09-10-2014, 02:32 PM
Another great reply :aok:

Well you did ask for it :aok:

Hibeewilly
09-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Easter Road for me absolutely no contest then behind the goals to watch the Scotland game whilst quaffing a few pints of Tennents!!!

MWHIBBIES
09-10-2014, 02:48 PM
Not even close, club over country.

ancient hibee
09-10-2014, 03:11 PM
Used to go to all the Scotland home games-steadily lost interest as a succession of good Hibs players were practically ignored for selection.Nowadays, as with the rugby team where the qualification rules are even looser,don't care about them one way or another.Pleased if they do well -not bothered if they don't.

frazeHFC
09-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Texts have been sent round, and the troops are out in force on Saturday for an afternoon sesh in the pub watching the football then a night out, hopefully in high spirits after a Hibs/Scotland double. Can't wait!

WeeRussell
09-10-2014, 03:36 PM

In fairness, we HAVE struggled to beat most of the teams we have played in the league so far (including Saturday's opponents)

I don't think the link was that difficult to get. :rolleyes:

In response to Steve earlier on - excited too. Normally playing on Saturdays now so thankfully (apologies in advance for the joke about Hibs being poor!!!) don't get to many games right now. So a Saturday fitbaw day out and bevvy is something in itself.. but a hampden roar (albeit at Ibrox) and an easy (yes I'm confident) win for us will be even sweeter :aok:

Here's hoping Hibs lift my mood before the game at Ibrox even kicks off :cb

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2014, 03:38 PM
Why do you think you have a better right to other fans who ARE members of the travel club or whatever its called nowadays. These guys are supporting their national team and ticket money goes directly into the grass roots of our game,they also pay a sizeable membership and attract others to join the club, quite a strange one to think you should be entitled because you attend domestic games. I am not a member of the travel club by the way.

For the reasons I have already stated, but also this:

The domestic game, and by that I mean domestic professional football, is what its all about, without that the national team would be pointless. I for one cant afford to watch Hibs every other Saturday and also pay to be a member of the Scottish travel club or go to random away international matches.

As I understand it there are a number of travel club members who do not support club sides on a Saturday, but do follow Scotland. As far as I'm concerned the national team is the icing on the cake for club supporters like me and should not be run like a club side with its own separate group of supporters, many of whom as I have said don't go to domestic matches.

A lot of people who support the game every Saturday cannot also afford to go following Scotland around Europe, but if Scotland were to qualify for a major tournament many of us I'm sure would love to enjoy that once in a lifetime experience, but would be excluded from doing so because we are not in what is in effect the Scotland supporters club ...... even though by definition we are all Scotland supporters.

Yes travel members support the national team and the game in the way you have outlined, but its not their national team, its everybody's national team. In view of that the contribution made by folk like me, and you, as supporters of the game in Scotland should entitle us to a shot at national team match tickets, perhaps not more than, but every bit as much as a travel club member.

Not to mention the fact that many of us, myself included, go to Scotland games both full team and under 21s over and above club games, without being members of the travel club.

The Harp
09-10-2014, 03:57 PM
For me ... ER without any shadow of a doubt. Pity that folk have got to choose though.

Glory Lurker
09-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Easter Road. Though I don't make a distinction between my support of Hibs and my UK regional team ... it is possible to do both.

It was very nice of them to make the kick off 5pm though, making it impossible for me to even see the game on the telly unless I head for the pub at full time. I'm sure quite a few fans who will have actually been arsed to watch Scottish club football this Saturday will be in the same boat.

Would it have been impossible for the SPFL to kick off the league fixtures at 2pm this weekend to give folk time to get home for kick off. What a joke that the people who are putting their hand into their pocket to support the domestic game are the ones given least consideration.

Totally agree. Won't be able to catch Sco game post-ER, which is really annoying. That said, I'm not 100% sure I can be bothered going to ER on Saturday, so might see the jocks yet.

Hibrandenburg
09-10-2014, 04:18 PM

It's their choice to dress how they like but I find a lot of it quite cringeworthy. I have to say, dressing in the Full Kilted outfit with Glengarry Hat and Timberland Boots has never appealed to me. I just go with the Scotland top and Scarf.

Ach, your just feart to show yer girly pins!

:duck:

HibbyAndy
09-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Hibs will ALWAYS come before Scotland for me. Its not even close.

iwasthere1972
09-10-2014, 04:29 PM

Glory hunting bar steward. :na na:

iwasthere1972
09-10-2014, 04:30 PM
Hibs will ALWAYS come before Scotland for me. Its not even close.

Exactly. No contest Andy.

emerald green
09-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Hibs first every time. I wouldn't cross the road to watch Scotland these days.

I used to go to Scotland matches, home & away, and to World Cups when we had teams worth watching.

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Exactly. No contest Andy.

That's the thing though .... it shouldn't have to be a contest.

C'mon bonnie North Britain :greengrin

scoopyboy
09-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Scotland comes before Hibs always

Wrong, alphabetically? :greengrin

scoopyboy
09-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Hibs first every time. I wouldn't cross the road to watch Scotland these days.

I used to go to Scotland matches, home & away, and to World Cups when we had teams worth watching.

Sadly I'm the same regarding Scotland.

70s, 80s and 90s was a time I have brilliant memories of watching Scotland.

Great games at a terraced Hampden, trips to Anfield to clinch World Cup place and trips to European Championship Finals and World Cup Finals.

To you guys who enjoy watching Scotland fair play to you, however I guarantee if you watched the Scotland games in my era you probably wouldn't go and watch what we have on offer now.

GreenLake
09-10-2014, 07:25 PM
It used to be great watching Scotland when we had world class players even if we didn't get much luck like in this video where Peter Lorimer's goal is literally disallowed by Beckenbauer.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1p1meq_peter-lorimer-beckenbauer-had-disallowed-the-goal-lufc-waccoe_sport

Spike Mandela
09-10-2014, 07:38 PM
1)Easter road pubs or the *****hole that is Govan
2)Hibs game not on tv or Scotland game on tv
3)Dumbarton not great attraction or Georgia not great attraction
4)Season ticket paid for or £35-£45 for Scotland ticket

No brainer for me. :cb

Not to mention 55% of people at game have decided Scotland shouldn't be a country in it's own right anyway.

Alfred E Newman
09-10-2014, 08:43 PM
In the good auld days, International fixtures were played mid week. The only games that were played on a Saturday were the Scotland v England home international fixtures. All this club v country stuff started when these International weekends were introduced. Of course, that means more league fixtures have to be played midweek in the likes of December and January causing yet more inconvenience to season ticket holders.

GreenLake
09-10-2014, 09:01 PM

That would have been an intelligent and considerate decision but I am sure they don't want to set a precedent.

jacomo
09-10-2014, 09:07 PM

Not to mention 55% of people at game have decided Scotland shouldn't be a country in it's own right anyway.

Aye but there's no independent Republic of Leith yet either, so that doesn't really settle things.

stoneyburn hibs
09-10-2014, 09:40 PM
Neither, Liverpool for a stag weekend but will try to find a boozer showing the Scotland game.

allezsauzee
09-10-2014, 09:48 PM
Still a few petted lips over the referendum i see. Easter Road for me

Itsnoteasy
09-10-2014, 10:13 PM
I assumed our match would be moved and got a ticket for Scotland Game from my Brother in Law so will be at a Ibrox but normally would put Hibs first

Why should it be moved? There are no Dumbarton players in the Scotland squad this weekend.

PatHead
09-10-2014, 10:15 PM
Why should it be moved? There are no Dumbarton players in the Scotland squad this weekend.

There are no The Rangers players in the Scotland squad but they got their game moved.

givescotlandfreedom
09-10-2014, 11:20 PM
Can't vote on my phone but Hibs any time.

emerald green
10-10-2014, 09:51 AM

Great games at a terraced Hampden, trips to Anfield to clinch World Cup place and trips to European Championship Finals and World Cup Finals.

To you guys who enjoy watching Scotland fair play to you, however I guarantee if you watched the Scotland games in my era you probably wouldn't go and watch what we have on offer now.

ancient hibee
10-10-2014, 09:51 AM
There are no The Rangers players in the Scotland squad but they got their game moved.

Think they've got players in other squads.

Keith_M
10-10-2014, 10:00 AM

So you're just a Glory Hunter then?

:wink:

portyhibernian
10-10-2014, 11:08 AM
Hibs game then to the pub to watch the Scotland game afterwards.

WeeRussell
10-10-2014, 11:13 AM
http://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Spike Mandelahttp://www.hibs.net/images/hibsnet/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?p=4193614#post4193614)
This quote is hidden because you are ignoring (http://www.hibs.net/profile.php?do=ignorelist) this member. Show Quote (http://www.hibs.net/javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E://)

Aye but there's no independent Republic of Leith yet either, so that doesn't really settle things.

:agree: ... and the statement was pish anyway.

WeeRussell
10-10-2014, 11:14 AM

Moshni getting a game for his planet this weekend?

WeeRussell
10-10-2014, 11:22 AM

Change a few of the places and competitions and you could be talking about Hibs though :wink:

My old man experienced all of the above, as well as 'that' game at Wembley. He is coming with me on Saturday and looking forward to it.. though admittedly does often reflect on what we used to have and do :agree:

Is it not also the case that for you, erm, more elderly members that back in the day you were young, free, single and mental? Away pishups and day-trips on the peev perhaps harder to make more regular than they once were, as opposed to simply objecting to the quality on offer :confused:

... I'll learn to use multi-quote one day.:rolleyes:

PatHead
10-10-2014, 11:24 AM

They have Moshni who was suspended anyway and Zaluikas who I think is injured and according to Wiki has not been called up.

Their justification was that Dean Shields was on the NI reserve call up list.

Absolutely stinks. Big advantage being a full time team midweek.

Brightside
10-10-2014, 11:31 AM
£40 a ticket ? really..... and people are on here every week complaining about our prices?

WeeRussell
10-10-2014, 11:33 AM
£40 a ticket ? really..... and people are on here every week complaining about our prices?

Mine were £35 - don't think there were any going much cheaper than that. More expensive ones were up around £40 though.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2014, 11:34 AM

Surely the same could be applied just as easily to Hibs these days.

scoopyboy
10-10-2014, 11:44 AM
Surely the same could be applied just as easily to Hibs these days.

I suppose you're right HH, never thought of it that way.

You've ruined my day now.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2014, 11:48 AM
I didnae take any pleasure from typing it, sadly its just an indictment of where we are at just now.

scoopyboy
10-10-2014, 11:49 AM
Change a few of the places and competitions and you could be talking about Hibs though :wink:

My old man experienced all of the above, as well as 'that' game at Wembley. He is coming with me on Saturday and looking forward to it.. though admittedly does often reflect on what we used to have and do :agree:

Is it not also the case that for you, erm, more elderly members that back in the day you were young, free, single and mental? Away pishups and day-trips on the peev perhaps harder to make more regular than they once were, as opposed to simply objecting to the quality on offer :confused:

Yes you are bang on.

However we were watching Scotland teams that you were genuinely excited about and the talk before the game was about winning not what boozer you were hitting after the game.

We had class players that could compete with the best teams in the world, not always beat granted but certainly compete.

I get the impression now that Scotland trips are just a stag do.

TheGreenStag
10-10-2014, 11:52 AM
Anyone is gonna leave roughly 1/2pm from Haymarket on a train? Cheers

TheGreenStag
10-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Just to say that there is only few Scotland games compared to Hibs...

GGTTH

Brightside
10-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Just to say that there is only few Scotland games compared to Hibs...

GGTTH

I dont understand missing a hibs game to go and watch scotland but each to their own.

WeeRussell
10-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Yes you are bang on.

However we were watching Scotland teams that you were genuinely excited about and the talk before the game was about winning not what boozer you were hitting after the game.

We had class players that could compete with the best teams in the world, not always beat granted but certainly compete.

:aok: That's pretty fair.

In recent years, it has been pretty bad... the Levein spell even put me off going for the day-out! I do think things are improving under Strachan - long way to go yet but the Germany game was encouraging and a couple of home-wins will stand us in good stead.

Don't get me wrong.. I don't expect Naismith to be Archie Gemmilling the Dutch at a world cup anytime soon.. well.. no for another 4 years anyway :wink:

Gatecrasher
10-10-2014, 12:01 PM
Hail or snow or thunderstorms I go - ER, Not even in question.

erin go bragh
10-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Leith San Siro for me . Drive home and catch the 2nd half of the Scotland game . I can hear my wife akready ( your just in from the football ) water of a ducks arse and that . Lol.

Ggtth

SteveHFC
10-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Anyone is gonna leave roughly 1/2pm from Haymarket on a train? Cheers

I'm getting either the 2pm or 2.15 train from Waverley mate :aok:

TheGreenStag
10-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Cool. See you at Waverly roughly 1.50 if that's okay with you mate ?

GGTTH

Phil MaGlass
10-10-2014, 01:01 PM
If I look at the poll now, almost 1/5 off to Scotland game it seems Er is going to be even more empty than normal, lowest crowd of the season maybe?

scoopyboy
10-10-2014, 01:35 PM
If I look at the poll now, almost 1/5 off to Scotland game it seems Er is going to be even more empty than normal, lowest crowd of the season maybe?

Only if the poll is representative.

It will hit though.

silverhibee
10-10-2014, 01:43 PM
ER for flare(s) :greengrin

Vini1875
10-10-2014, 02:06 PM
No competition, Hibernian first. Then again if Scotland were playing in my back garden, I'm not sure I'd even open the door to watch them. Add to that giving money to those hun c**** is always hard to do.

HUTCHYHIBBY
10-10-2014, 02:25 PM
What if there was an Ireland option? :stirrer:

Spike Mandela
10-10-2014, 02:44 PM
:agree: ... and the statement was pish anyway.

You ignoring me but quoting me? How does that work?:cb

emerald green
10-10-2014, 02:46 PM

Chris Iwelumo, for example, :faf: as compared to say Dennis Law or Kenny Dalgleish? Na, not for me Wee Russell.

Used to be long weekends on the sauce for our Wembley weekends. Sadly, long gone. :boo hoo:

WeeRussell
10-10-2014, 02:56 PM
You ignoring me but quoting me? How does that work?:cb

Excuse me, Spike!

In response to your comment "Not to mention 55% of people at game have decided Scotland shouldn't be a country in it's own right anyway." ... that is pish :agree:

Hope that's better :greengrin

Spike Mandela
10-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Excuse me, Spike!

In response to your comment "Not to mention 55% of people at game have decided Scotland shouldn't be a country in it's own right anyway." ... that is pish :agree:

Hope that's better :greengrin

No I am merely pointing out by quoting me and answering me that you are clearly not ignoring me?

I will introduce you to the wife sometime and she can show you how to ignore me properly.:aok:

Keith_M
10-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Yes you are bang on.

Scoops, I understand your point of view, as I grew up watching Scotland with players like Dalgleish, Gemmill and Souness. I think you're probably right about the Stag Do thing as well, as it seemed at the last match that it really was one long p1ss up with a game in between.

What I would say though is that the current Scotland team, though far from the quality we had in former years, is actually worth watching. Strachan has really done a good job and I genuinely enjoyed the game in Dortmund (which we might have won, if it weren't for some strange refereeing decisions).

scoopyboy
10-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Scoops, I understand your point of view, as I grew up watching Scotland with players like Dalgleish, Gemmill and Souness. I think you're probably right about the Stag Do thing as well, as it seemed at the last match that it really was one long p1ss up with a game in between.

What I would say though is that the current Scotland team, though far from the quality we had in former years, is actually worth watching. Strachan has really done a good job and I genuinely enjoyed the game in Dortmund (which we might have won, if it weren't for some strange refereeing decisions).

Yes, I would agree with that and if national pride was restored then I would like to think we could kick on.

Blaster
10-10-2014, 03:36 PM
Yes you are bang on.

Hibs games getting close to that too!

mutley
10-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Neither for me, stuck down south on call

ancient hibee
10-10-2014, 06:40 PM
In the old days(sorry)you could also be plunged into much deeper depression as there was always the feeling that we had the players to do much better in World tournaments than we ever did.Nowadays it seems to me that Tartan Army members I've spoken to treat it as a day -or three-out and don't expect much of a result from it-so perhaps it's true that a lot of them don't go to much football otherwise.

Vini1875
10-10-2014, 07:14 PM
What if there was an Ireland option? :stirrer:
Ireland at Ibrox? I might think about it, but truth is I'd rather watch Hibs strips drying on a washing line than watch international football. Women's beach volleyball on the other hand would be more competition to Hibs .

HUTCHYHIBBY
11-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Very good, I remember watching women's beach volleyball in Leuven when Hibs played over there, a very pleasant experience!

jgl07
11-10-2014, 01:01 AM
I will be at Easter Road.

Mind you if Scotland were playing in my back garden I would probably draw the curtains.

Dashing Bob S
11-10-2014, 01:59 AM
I will be at Easter Road.

Mind you if Scotland were playing in my back garden I would probably draw the curtains.

I'm with you. Been offered hospitality tickets for Scotland games, but they could chuck in two or three high class escort girls and give me spending money and I still wouldn't be interested. Would rather visit the in-laws than watch Scotland play. And yes, I'd even rather watch Hibs. And under Butcher/Fenlon/Calderwood.

DH1875
11-10-2014, 06:43 AM
I'm at work till 6 :(

Brooster
11-10-2014, 06:45 AM
No brainer....Easter Road.

eastcoasthibby
11-10-2014, 09:05 AM
Easter Road for me, in hope we can give a full match performance at home ...cos when we do think a few goals will fly in ! .......for us.
Please Stubbsy not Lewis at RWB we need a result !!

blindsummit
11-10-2014, 09:17 AM
Easter Road for me! My son and I are over from Canada and are at our first game for 4 years. Hoping we can be good luck for the team.
GGTTH!
:thumbsup:

greenlex
11-10-2014, 10:24 AM
All the No voters will be at ER. No brainer really. Club over northern Engkandshire every time.

LancashireHibby
11-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Club over northern Engkandshire every time.
Speak for yourself!

greenlex
11-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Speak for yourself!

You became mid Englandshire last month.

IanM
11-10-2014, 10:34 AM
Easter Road for me! My son and I are over from Canada and are at our first game for 4 years. Hoping we can be good luck for the team.
GGTTH!

Well I hope they don't sour the vacation! Also, I'll be expecting your bags packed if we don't win cause clearly it'll be both your faults :greengrin

LancashireHibby
11-10-2014, 10:42 AM
You became mid Englandshire last month.
Hope that doesn't mean I have to start speaking with a Brummie accent.

blindsummit
11-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Well I hope they don't sour the vacation! Also, I'll be expecting your bags packed if we don't win cause clearly it'll be both your faults :greengrin

I suspect its been my fault for the last 50 years then :greengrin

Barney McGrew
11-10-2014, 10:55 AM
GGTTH!

I'll be in the Hibs Club later if you're around for a pint and a catch up?

scoopyboy
11-10-2014, 11:00 AM
All the No voters will be at ER. No brainer really. Club over northern Engkandshire every time.

All two million of them?:greengrin

emerald green
11-10-2014, 11:09 AM

So everyone who voted No doesn't have any pride in their country? Is that what you are saying? If so, what a lot of patronising ill-informed nonsense.

It's time for a lot of folk to get over it, and cut out all these wee fly digs. Time to try to heal the divisions which have opened up in this country. That's a "no brainer really" IMHO.

Bronson
11-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Easter Road, no brainer.