PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: Hibernian Supporters Consultation Survey results

RSS Bot
08-10-2014, 02:20 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4851)

ancient hibee
08-10-2014, 02:31 PM
48 hours later than promised-anyone want to form a protest group?

hibee-boys
08-10-2014, 02:56 PM
I appreciate that LD is new to the club and this is her way of attempting to connect with the fans so we feel that our views and opinions are valued. However, did it really require all this consultation to determine that as fans we would like:-

1. A successful team on the pitch
2. Playing attractive football
3. Supported by a board and owner who are as passionate for the above as they are at protecting the bottom line.

We complete these surveys at work and like this it means nothing if they are not acted upon. I sincerely hope that this information is used to help build a better future for our great club or it's been a pointless exercise.

Golden Bear
08-10-2014, 03:39 PM
I appreciate that LD is new to the club and this is her way of attempting to connect with the fans so we feel that our views and opinions are valued. However, did it really require all this consultation to determine that as fans we would like:-

1. A successful team on the pitch
2. Playing attractive football
3. Supported by a board and owner who are as passionate for the above as they are at protecting the bottom line.

We complete these surveys at work and like this it means nothing if they are not acted upon. I sincerely hope that this information is used to help build a better future for our great club or it's been a pointless exercise.

:agree:

Exactly.

Surveys, consultations, policies, procedures and other such management drivel are all meaningless unless they're capable of being implemented in practice.

Having said that, I'm more than willing to be patient and see what materialises in the next year or so.

Pretty Boy
08-10-2014, 04:14 PM
It might have been noticed that more people get daily news on the club from sites like here and the Bounce than anywhere else.

The Scottish media found out to their cost the strength of social media during the Rangers saga. Hibs would do well to learn from that and actually try to use the open means of communication they have on here to engage with fans rather than the current deafening silence.

They would reach a hell of a lot of people in a way many may find refreshingly different.

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Love the part about appointing Board members via a Democratic process, when someone has already been asked, if he wanted a seat on board.....:rolleyes:

jacomo
08-10-2014, 05:07 PM
There's a lot of information there, and credit to Hibs for publishing the results.

But it must be said that, when offered the options, the keenest priorities identified by supporters are not the ones that the club has now identified:

1. Elected board members
2. Improved Comms
3. New membership scheme

Ah well.

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 05:08 PM
There's a lot of information there, and credit to Hibs for publishing the results.

But it must be said that, when offered the options, the keenest priorities identified by supporters are not the ones that the club has now identified:

1. Elected board members
2. Improved Comms
3. New membership scheme

Ah well.

Yip, having a team worth watching is key to most people

3pm
08-10-2014, 05:09 PM
Love the part about appointing Board members via a Democratic process, when someone has already been asked, if he wanted a seat on board.....:rolleyes:

Who?!

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Who?!

Won't be naming the person on a fan's forum, sorry!!!!!!!!!!!

FranckSuzy
08-10-2014, 05:19 PM

My thoughts exactly............

I particularly like how they can't even spell their own initiative correctly either, as it's Kicks For Kids :wink:

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 05:27 PM
My thoughts exactly............

I particularly like how they can't even spell their own initiative correctly either, as it's Kicks For Kids :wink:

:agree::agree::agree:

It doesn't really tell us anything new

Ozyhibby
08-10-2014, 05:31 PM

I heard the same. Could scarcely believe they would proceed with an offer without some sort of democratic process.

Gus Fring
08-10-2014, 05:36 PM

who was asked? were they asked to be one of the fans representatives? or were they asked to be on the board separately from that process? Was it a formal offer? Who made the offer?

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 05:38 PM
who was asked? were they asked to be one of the fans representatives? or were they asked to be on the board separately from that process? Was it a formal offer? Who made the offer?

see post 10.....

Pretty Boy
08-10-2014, 05:39 PM

I don't think it's fair to name the person who was asked on here and if anyone does then it will be deleted.

FWIW I have no reason to disbelieve someone was asked, in fact I'm 100% sure someone was, and they were not in the least bit happy about being put in such a position.

bingo70
08-10-2014, 05:46 PM
I long for the day nobody cares who is on the board, I don't want to even know the name of our chief executive, I certainly don't want to help with the running of the club as I want to leave that to the experts who are paid to do these boring but necessary tasks.

Being a hibs fan is ***** the now, seems to be more talk of our board members than any star players. I've got a feeling my boy when he goes to the games is going to ask for chairman 9 on the back of his strip.

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I long for the day nobody cares who is on the board, I don't want to even know the name of our chief executive, I certainly don't want to help with the running of the club as I want to leave that to the experts who are paid to do these boring but necessary tasks.

Being a hibs fan is ***** the now, seems to be more talk of our board members than any star players. I've got a feeling my boy when he goes to the games is going to ask for chairman 9 on the back of his strip.

If we had a successful team, nobody would care about the Board, however, we have been murder for Years, a rudderless ship if you like, but we are expected to move forward with the same Board members who were in place when we were struggling for seasons, and couldn't arrest that slide, leading to relegation

Jonnyboy
08-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Must admit I'm a tad surprised that folk are, well .... surprised with the data reported on. After all the meetings were about those very subjects so the outcomes deal with those subjects!

bingo70
08-10-2014, 06:10 PM
If we had a successful team, nobody would care about the Board, however, we have been murder for Years, a rudderless ship if you like, but we are expected to move forward with the same Board members who were in place when we were struggling for seasons, and couldn't arrest that slide, leading to relegation

I agree, that's my point.

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 06:12 PM
I agree, that's my point.

I know, oh to have a successful team to watch......:cb

matty_f
08-10-2014, 06:13 PM

Been thinking about this, were they asked specifically to be a fan's representative on the board, or asked to join the board in the same capacity as the existing non-execs (Who are also Hibs fans on the board).

Baldy Foghorn
08-10-2014, 06:23 PM
Been thinking about this, were they asked specifically to be a fan's representative on the board, or asked to join the board in the same capacity as the existing non-execs (Who are also Hibs fans on the board).

Fan's rep

3pm
08-10-2014, 06:26 PM

Nae worries S.

Golden Bear
08-10-2014, 06:28 PM
I presume that the fans representative(s) will have to be proposed and seconded at the AGM?

RIP
08-10-2014, 06:38 PM

Good question Matty - how ye doin? My understanding is the former - not that it makes a hoot of a difference

Rod has hand picked every board member since the nineties. Even when he wasn't the chairman. He came to Hibs with no experience of football or developing a customer-led business. With no business track record or acumen to speak of he has failed in spite of the calibre of his board rather than because of it. The 2 previous CEO's left with no job to go to. He has gone through more managers in the last decade than almost any other chairman in Scotland. Until last week we were in the lowest league position in our 140 year history. We've been in the second tier 4 times in that period, twice in his tenure. In the past 17 years the quality of football on offer has been poor for all but 4 years. We had 12,000 season ticket holders in 2007. Now we have @7,000 IIRC.

Who in their right mind would want to join a football club board that is so poorly led? In my opinion, nothing short of a change of leadership will incentivise a new supporter to step forward.

But I could be wrong?

matty_f
08-10-2014, 06:53 PM
Fan's rep

:aok: cheers.

Big Frank
08-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Good question Matty - how ye doin? My understanding is the former - not that it makes a hoot of a difference

Rod has hand picked every board member since the nineties. Even when he wasn't the chairman. He came to Hibs with no experience of football or developing a customer-led business. With no business track record or acumen to speak of he has failed in spite of the calibre of his board rather than because of it. The 2 previous CEO's left with no job to go to. He has gone through more managers in the last decade than almost any other chairman in Scotland. Until last week we were in the lowest league position in our 140 year history. We've been in the second tier 4 times in that period, twice in his tenure. In the past 17 years the quality of football on offer has been poor for all but 4 years. We had 12,000 season ticket holders in 2007. Now we have @7,000 IIRC.

Who in their right mind would want to join a football club board that is so poorly led? In my opinion, nothing short of a change of leadership will incentivise a new supporter to step forward.

But I could be wrong?

Thats a great post :aok:

ronaldo7
08-10-2014, 08:47 PM
It might have been noticed that more people get daily news on the club from sites like here and the Bounce than anywhere else.

The Scottish media found out to their cost the strength of social media during the Rangers saga. Hibs would do well to learn from that and actually try to use the open means of communication they have on here to engage with fans rather than the current deafening silence.

They would reach a hell of a lot of people in a way many may find refreshingly different.

It's so disappointing that the club have opened accounts both here, and on the bounce for them not to be used. Maybe one day they'll learn.

If only they'd read the boards they would know the cats out of the bag, and they could have changed the wording on the fishy site.:greengrin

Diclonius
08-10-2014, 09:02 PM
The overriding message from that survey - based on the results - is that a winning team on the park is a priority, and that funds must go directly towards funding said team.

The survey summary does not mention this once.

The Green Goblin
08-10-2014, 10:10 PM
Thats a great post :aok:

Seconded.

Col2
08-10-2014, 11:25 PM
The overriding message from that survey - based on the results - is that a winning team on the park is a priority, and that funds must go directly towards funding said team.

The survey summary does not mention this once.

Glad i am not the only one to spot that point!!

I predicted as much a few weeks back.

Invest in team on park? Nope it's better communications you want...

WHUHibs
09-10-2014, 09:36 AM

But I could be wrong?

I don't think anyone could disagree with this post! There are some posters who quite rightly have a different opinion but I think anyone who could disagree with these facts needs to have a reality check.

The only way forward is a change of leadership within the club but that change in my humble opinion cannot be through the existing regime.

I have no idea of the persons name who has been suggested by the club and if it's true it smacks of a control measure by the powers that be. Everything needs to be transparent but sadly it won't be by the sound of it.

The fans groups who have sprung up need to unite have a common voice, and not accept that things can't change if we really want it to!

NAE NOOKIE
09-10-2014, 09:46 AM

But I could be wrong?

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/top%20marks.gif