View Full Version : We're saved! David Beckham is buying Hibs!

Juice-Terry
08-10-2014, 07:47 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/opinion/sport/record-fc-david-beckham-hibs-4396495

:agree::thumbsup::flag:

08-10-2014, 07:55 AM
"...that's the priceless rumour to have circulated this weekend."

Aye, maybe in your somewhat confused head, it has, Jamie, but nowhere else. :greengrin

08-10-2014, 07:58 AM
They didn't mention it to me when I was down at the Cote D'azur

08-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Other tenuous links.......

The Famous Five

08-10-2014, 08:11 AM
Other tenuous links -

the last part of his name is ham, ham comes from pigs, pigs live on farms, so do chickens, chickens lay eggs, you have chocolate eggs at Easter, we play at Easter Road.

Sometimes it makes too much sense to be just a coincidence.

08-10-2014, 08:14 AM
How many different angles can the papers come up with to rip the piss out of this club? Nonsense article.

Juice-Terry
08-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Other tenuous links -

the last part of his name is ham, ham comes from pigs, pigs live on farms, so do chickens, chickens lay eggs, you have chocolate eggs at Easter, we play at Easter Road.

Sometimes it makes too much sense to be just a coincidence.

08-10-2014, 08:17 AM
How many different angles can the papers come up with to rip the piss out of this club? Nonsense article.

Not at all. This rumour was everywhere at the weekend. Nowhere that I was, or anyone I know, but I'm assuming everyone I don't know was talking about.

"Honestly, that's the priceless rumour to have circulated this weekend. It doesn't matter where you were on Saturday or Sunday, in the company of Hibee or Jambo, the chat turned very quickly to Goldenballs on the verge of ploughing his basquillions into Easter Road."

08-10-2014, 08:26 AM
I was on the phone to David last night and he told me it is utter bull

08-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Worst rumour I've seen in that paper since the vow

08-10-2014, 09:09 AM
He duznae hawf write some single fush.

InterviewLoI
08-10-2014, 09:18 AM
First I've heard of it. Will he sign Leigh?

Juice-Terry
08-10-2014, 10:01 AM

Done deal! :agree:

08-10-2014, 10:04 AM

Leigh?

Surely we're now going for much bigger names, like Messi or Ronaldo.

08-10-2014, 10:32 AM
It doesn't matter where you were on Saturday or Sunday, in the company of Hibee or Jambo, the chat turned very quickly to Goldenballs on the verge of ploughing his basquillions into Easter Road.

No. It didn't.

08-10-2014, 10:43 AM
After the way Thommos column ended up (no pun intended) I'd be giving this a wide berth.

Each to their own but the boy seems to be clutching at straws to create column inches.

You have to ask yourself:

if you're a blogger why attach yourself to a publication?
And why the DR in particular?
Do you have editorial freedom? Do you reach a wider audience?
Do you get paid?

08-10-2014, 10:57 AM
No. It didn't.

Exactly - about as out of touch as a soon-to-be "ex" Tory MP circa 1997...

08-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Not at all. This rumour was everywhere at the weekend. Nowhere that I was, or anyone I know, but I'm assuming everyone I don't know was talking about.

"Honestly, that's the priceless rumour to have circulated this weekend. It doesn't matter where you were on Saturday or Sunday, in the company of Hibee or Jambo, the chat turned very quickly to Goldenballs on the verge of ploughing his basquillions into Easter Road."

Was the talk of the terrace at the Mk Dons / Wimbledon match - or would have been if folks had attended.

08-10-2014, 11:04 AM
I am surprised the BBC didn't mention Beckham was delaying his offer in case there was a majority yes vote. :greengrin

hibs4thecup1988
08-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Goodness me...the article is CLEARLY a piss take.

Some people on here need to lighten up.

Also by the way...the guy writing it is a huge Hibs fan

08-10-2014, 12:03 PM
Slow news day then,anything to fill some space I suppose,sparky must be behaving himself

08-10-2014, 12:40 PM
Usual..... However Beckham and Posh were both at the Balmoral in Saturday just before 4pm attending the Haig Club for a wee sesh.

Was in the Balmoral just after and was wondering what was going on. Staff said that Pish and Becks had just arrived.

08-10-2014, 12:56 PM

That's not how it reads.

He's not actually saying at any point that there are takeover talks underway, or even in the offing, which you would expect from a 'joke' about a takeover. He's taking the piss out of the 'rumour' that he says he's heard. A rumour seemingly exclusive to him.

Oh and as for lightening up, I think the replies on here ARE light-hearted. Unless you really think we're suggesting Hibs should sign Messi or Ronaldo.

08-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Oh god hahaha! I've heard some belters on here over the years but this one really tops the lot :faf:

08-10-2014, 01:57 PM
Cringeworthy.

08-10-2014, 02:18 PM

Well I can say with certainty that none of the Hibbys I spent my weekend with mentioned anything about this piece of nonsense.

What the Jambos get up to I've no idea.

08-10-2014, 02:25 PM
Staff said that Pish and Becks had just arrived.

Just leaving if they were in that state surely? :greengrin

08-10-2014, 02:27 PM
We can't have Beckham trying to build his image on the back of our great club.

hibee-boys
08-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Not good enough for hibs, scores a goal from the half way line? Big Oxley slotted one home from his own 18 yard box.....that's hibs class!;)

08-10-2014, 04:10 PM
Just leaving if they were in that state surely? :greengrin

Predictive text!!

Jim Herriot
08-10-2014, 04:13 PM
I emailed Bill Gates sixteen minutes ago asking him to deny he had plans to buy Hibs and spend 1m pw on player salaries.

He hasn't yet denied it.

Anyone got the phone number of the Daily Record sports desk?

08-10-2014, 04:28 PM
Predictive text!!

Its crop....

"There's no such thing as bad publicity."
- Dr. Eville.

08-10-2014, 04:29 PM
Its crop.... "There's no such thing as bad publicity." - Dr. Eville.;-)

08-10-2014, 06:49 PM
I emailed Bill Gates sixteen minutes ago asking him to deny he had plans to buy Hibs and spend 1m pw on player salaries.

He hasn't yet denied it.

Anyone got the phone number of the Daily Record sports desk?

0141 666 1690.

08-10-2014, 06:50 PM

08-10-2014, 07:18 PM
Beckham out!

Calum68
08-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Embarrassing.

08-10-2014, 08:04 PM
He's swapping Posh for Pish.

08-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Embarrassing.

You won't be saying that when we win the Petrofac Training Cup.:aok:

08-10-2014, 08:17 PM
I can see it now. Becks on the back of the E News saying "Brebs told me what a big club Hibs are and how the E Mains training facility is second to none...." yeh yeh yeh!

08-10-2014, 09:16 PM

Some people on here need to lighten up.

Also by the way...the guy writing it is a huge Hibs fan

Some people are fed with others taking the piss out of Hibs, whether it's coming from a so called Hibs fan or not.

Some people on here really need to get tougher on that kind of rubbish.

09-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Some people are fed with others taking the piss out of Hibs, whether it's coming from a so called Hibs fan or not.

Some people on here really need to get tougher on that kind of rubbish.

In what way? More of us need to reply in outrage at what's been written, or do you want us to complain to the Daily Record over a wee joke? :confused:

The latter half of the article actually discusses our current form and situation in a similar fashion to many on here. Granted I'm not a Daily Record fan/reader by any means, and don't find the wee light-hearted opening particularly funny but getting offended and going radge about it is the sort of thing many of us would take great pleasure in mocking a certain 2 Glaswegian clubs for.

The boy's having a laugh, not a particularly good or witty one, but a harmless laugh.

09-10-2014, 01:39 PM
In what way? More of us need to reply in outrage at what's been written, or do you want us to complain to the Daily Record over a wee joke? :confused:

The latter half of the article actually discusses our current form and situation in a similar fashion to many on here. Granted I'm not a Daily Record fan/reader by any means, and don't find the wee light-hearted opening particularly funny but getting offended and going radge about it is the sort of thing many of us would take great pleasure in mocking a certain 2 Glaswegian clubs for.

The boy's having a laugh, not a particularly good or witty one, but a harmless laugh.

I'm not offended or going radge.

But if people want to be offended or go radge at someone ripping the piss out of Hibs then more power to them.

Others, like you and hibs4thecup1988, seem to think that it's OK, "it's just a laugh" and "people shouldn't say anything" when the club is constantly being chipped away at.

If we all "lighten up" and say nothing then we'll just be fair game for anyone to rip us up.

GraniteCityHibs
09-10-2014, 01:45 PM
Was the talk of the terrace at the Mk Dons / Wimbledon match - or would have been if folks had attended.

09-10-2014, 03:19 PM
Beckham, along with Scholes, Butt and the Neville brothers have bought Salford City FC. I haven't followed the story, so don't know what their plans are for the club.

09-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Beckham, along with Scholes, Butt and the Neville brothers have bought Salford City FC. I haven't followed the story, so don't know what their plans are for the club.

They've now sold half of it to a multi millionaire

09-10-2014, 03:48 PM
We could do a lot worse than have a guy who has football and motorbikes high up among the things he loves in his life.