PDA

View Full Version : NHC Mike Ashley Demands The Rangers EGM

Keith_M
08-10-2014, 07:36 AM
Ashley has now fired his first shot in the battle for THE Rangers by calling for an EGM (http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/football/mike-ashley-calls-rangers-egm-in-power-battle-for-ibrox.1412753062).

'A statement on the London Stock Exchange read: "Mash (Ashley's personal investment company) requires the company to call a general meeting of the shareholders of the company and to put certain resolutions to shareholders for inclusion in the business at such a general meeting of the company.

"The notice puts forward resolutions for the removal of Graham Wallace and Philip Nash as directors of the company.

"The company is currently verifying that the notice is properly constituted.

"If valid, the board intends to seek to have such notice withdrawn in order to avoid the cost and disruption of an ad hoc general meeting particularly given the company's forthcoming Annual General Meeting, further details of which will be announced in due course.

"The board is united in its support of the executive team.

"If the notice is valid and is not withdrawn, the directors intend to recommend that shareholders vote against the proposed resolutions." '

jacomo
08-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Dual ownership rules exist for a good reason - to preserve the integrity of the game. The SFA may defend themselves by saying Ashley is limited to a 10% stake in Der Hun while he retains ownership of the Toon, but this development shows that he is still able to exert a pretty big influence.

I can see Rangers becoming a client club of Sports Direct, and effectively a feeder club for Newcastle. Mike Ashley presumably wants to impose his own management team to do his bidding.

Meanwhile, where's Dave King? He's spent months talking about Rangers but done very little - Ashley has just stormed in and taken action. Does King really have the money to invest? Is he some sort of Walter Mitty character?

Ozyhibby
08-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Hope Ashley wins

Mikey
08-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Maybe The Rangers will get their wish to play in England. It's just that they'll be based in Newcastle, play in black and white and be called Newcastle United FC :greengrin

jacomo
08-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Hope Ashley wins

My problem with that is that Ashley actually knows how to run a business, and doesn't give a toss what anyone else thinks. I much prefer the self-important amateurism at Ibrox right now.

Keith_M
08-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Meanwhile, where's Dave King? He's spent months talking about Rangers but done very little - Ashley has just stormed in and taken action. Does King really have the money to invest? Is he some sort of Walter Mitty character?

Well, if you can believe Keith 'off-the-radar' Jackson, he's getting together with some pals to mount a Bailout / Takeover Bid (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-paul-murray-george-4398635).

No quotes from anybody, timescales or any other details in the article.

jacomo
08-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Well, if you can believe Keith 'off-the-radar' Jackson, he's getting together with some pals to mount a Bailout / Takeover Bid (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/dave-king-paul-murray-george-4398635).

No quotes from anybody, timescales or any other details in the article.

Brilliant. None of it makes sense.

Letham offered an emergency loan to keep club under current board afloat, but is now working with King (who seemingly wanted club to go bust again by encouraging fans to not renew season tickets).

Current board (inc Easdale) said to be 100% behind CEO, but also working with Mike Ashley, who has just demanded CEO steps down.

No one knows what the largest shareholders want.

ancient hibee
08-10-2014, 02:11 PM
No one knows who the largest shareholders are!

Billy Whizz
08-10-2014, 02:19 PM
No one knows who the largest shareholders are!

It beggars belief

TowerHibs
08-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Tell you, it shows the 2 sides of over spending. Rangers are a basket case and Hearts have came out of it relatively cooshty (except morally I suppose, but they don't exist in football). They are in a better place than us right now.

Decision time for hibs, do we crack on and hope the rangers go into administration again and ensure we go up this year or do we continue to struggle.....

Ozyhibby
08-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Tell you, it shows the 2 sides of over spending. Rangers are a basket case and Hearts have came out of it relatively cooshty (except morally I suppose, but they don't exist in football). They are in a better place than us right now.

Decision time for hibs, do we crack on and hope the rangers go into administration again and ensure we go up this year or do we continue to struggle.....

Hearts still have to find an awfull lot of money over the next few years.

Eyrie
08-10-2014, 06:46 PM

King used to have money, but then the South African tax authorities caught up with him. Think he came to an agreement to pay them a large settlement to avoid being convicted in court.

bingo70
08-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Is it fairly likely the rangers could end up in admin again this season?

jacomo
08-10-2014, 08:38 PM

I'm not making any predictions. But it seems they need another share offer to meet December's wage bill - that is an absolutely mental way to run a business. Either that, or get a loan, or sell up.

Ozyhibby
08-10-2014, 09:03 PM

It's difficult to say. An admin would make sense but there are people in there who have some great contracts which they would lose if that happens. They do need a lot of money in and soon. Something will have to give soon.

Diclonius
08-10-2014, 09:07 PM
I can see the SPFL ****ting it and expanding the top tier to 18 teams if this keeps up.

Of course, they'd try and reduce it back down to get their four OF games as soon as Rangers stabilise. :rolleyes:

Pretty Boy
08-10-2014, 09:13 PM
Rangers are pretty much paralysed as things stand.

They need a cash injection but a share issue would allow the likes of Ashley to hoover up more shares and those currently running the show don't want that. Likewise no one seems willing to put up any cash without a slice of power in return.

It's an increasingly bizarre situation that will rumble on for a long time yet

Smartie
08-10-2014, 09:20 PM
My problem with that is that Ashley actually knows how to run a business, and doesn't give a toss what anyone else thinks. I much prefer the self-important amateurism at Ibrox right now.

He knows how to run a business but I don't think he has a clue about how to run a football club (our resident part-time magpies fans will surely agree) which is a very "special" business.

I reckon he quite likes Ibrox because it's about the only place where he can go that he's not the most abrasive, ignorant oaf in the place.

jdships
08-10-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm not making any predictions. But it seems they need another share offer to meet December's wage bill - that is an absolutely mental way to run a business. Either that, or get a loan, or sell up.

Think you have just about got it right there !!
One of my neighbour's is a senior member of staff in Bank if Scotland HQ and he returned from a meeting in Sunderland this afternoon .
He tells me the " word on the street" in the NE is that Ashley would be happy to sell up at Newcastle and is of a mind to "pick up The Rangers , but only when the figures all add up "

Whatever that means :wink:

Time will tell :greengrin

jacomo
08-10-2014, 09:27 PM

They need a cash injection but a share issue would allow the likes of Ashley to hoover up more shares and those currently running the show don't want that. Likewise no one seems willing to put up any cash without a slice of power in return.

Think you have just about got it right there !!
One of my neighbour's is a senior member of staff in Bank if Scotland HQ and he returned from a meeting in Sunderland this afternoon .
He tells me the " word on the street" in the NE is that Ashley would be happy to sell up at Newcastle and is of a mind to "pick up The Rangers , but only when the figures all add up "

Whatever that means :wink:

Time will tell :greengrin

Ashley can't buy more shares in Rangers unless he sells Newcastle or the SFA bend their rules to allow him to have a bigger stake. Seems unlikely Newcastle will be sold anytime soon, but who knows?

erin-go-bragh87
08-10-2014, 09:29 PM
Dual ownership rules exist for a good reason - to preserve the integrity of the game. The SFA may defend themselves by saying Ashley is limited to a 10% stake in Der Hun while he retains ownership of the Toon, but this development shows that he is still able to exert a pretty big influence.

I can see Rangers becoming a client club of Sports Direct, and effectively a feeder club for Newcastle. Mike Ashley presumably wants to impose his own management team to do his bidding.

Stated as saying he sees it as a way of promoting SportsDirect across Europe. What a lovely club to attach your business to. Mans an arse.

jacomo
08-10-2014, 09:32 PM
He knows how to run a business but I don't think he has a clue about how to run a football club (our resident part-time magpies fans will surely agree) which is a very "special" business.

I reckon he quite likes Ibrox because it's about the only place where he can go that he's not the most abrasive, ignorant oaf in the place.

You say that, but Toon were an absolute basket case when he turned up. They are now much better run, and haven't been relegated... a fairly common occurrence under previous regimes.

He does seem to have a weakness for employing the Cockney mafia, but based on Newcastle's fairly inglorious history, has he really done that badly?

Smartie
08-10-2014, 10:34 PM
You say that, but Toon were an absolute basket case when he turned up. They are now much better run, and haven't been relegated... a fairly common occurrence under previous regimes.

He does seem to have a weakness for employing the Cockney mafia, but based on Newcastle's fairly inglorious history, has he really done that badly?

Depends how you measure it I suppose. He seems to go through spells where he's either doing horrifically badly (getting them relegated not long after he arrived and they've been rotten this whole calendar year) or really quite well (promoted at the first time of asking and a high Premier league finish).

I'm probably just going on the fact that he seems to be so disliked down there, I'm not a Newcastle fan but I always find their trials and tribulations quite entertaining - never a dull moment.

Many outsiders could probably point to our owners and say that given the situation we were in when they took over and that we now have the stadium, training centre and balance sheet that we have that we should be more grateful........... :tin hat: Obviously as fans we know otherwise.

He seems easy to dislike though, and him going to Ibrox could be absolute box office stuff for the rest of us.

StevieC
09-10-2014, 12:06 AM

Eh???

How many times have Newcastle been relegated in the last 25 years?
Just the once.
And do you know who was in charge at the time?
Mike Ashley.
Basket case?
Newcastle had finished 7th the season before Ashley took over, and in the top 5 in 3 out of the 4 seasons prior to that.

I do wish people would check the facts before going off on one about clubs they know nothing about.

jdships
09-10-2014, 08:34 AM
Ashley can't buy more shares in Rangers unless he sells Newcastle or the SFA bend their rules to allow him to have a bigger stake. Seems unlikely Newcastle will be sold anytime soon, but who knows?

That's what my neighbour said but added " Everyone in the NE knows Ashley to be an " opportunist " of the highest order " and as you say
" who knows " ?

Ashley and The Rangers in my book are welcome to each other !!!!! :rolleyes:

Bad Martini
09-10-2014, 11:46 AM
Nae inside knowledge, info or sources (I think this is a required disclaimer these days before posting :greengrin?)

However, I think (and hope and pray) they are gonna be ubberly donald ducked again. And all the closet, "the" rangers loving oddballs in the world wont make any ****ing difference...to coin a phrase, so to speak, kinda.

:aok:

MON THE ADMINISTRATORS :thumbsup:

Keith_M
09-10-2014, 11:57 AM
It looks like there's yet another power struggle in progress at Ibrox, this time between Murray/Letham (& possibly Dave King) and Mike Ashley.

The DR (I know) is reporting that Ashley offered emergency financial assistance (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/mike-ashley-demanded-ownership-rangers-4404886) but only if he was given greater powers over merchandising rights. It seems Wallace and Nash blocked this, hence the reason he bought his new shares outwith the recent Shares Issue and is now attempting to get Wallace and Nash off the board.

Wallace and Nash, meanwhile, have hitched their wagons to the Murray, Letham & King (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/paul-murray-george-letham-confirm-4404646)(?) Consortium.

Looks like fun times ahead :wink:

ancient hibee
09-10-2014, 03:25 PM

Ashley won't buy shares in an issue because that money will go to the club and he doesn't want that-he wants the club weakened.That's why he didn't take part in the last issue but bought the shares in the market.

Hibernia&Alba
09-10-2014, 03:37 PM
It's disappointing they haven't re-entered administration before now, but it can't be far away. Please let the circus begin again soon.

emerald green
09-10-2014, 05:37 PM

Fingers crossed.

Cropley10
09-10-2014, 05:39 PM
So we have another requisitioner!! This is the gift that keeps on giving.

Sent from a phone

Keith_M
10-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Just read that Graham Wallace has been awarded a bonus of £160k (http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-chief-graham-wallace-pockets-4413711), equivelant to a whopping 50% of his Annual Salary.

I presume that's for the achievement of getting The Rangers into such a secure financial condition.

:wink:

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2014, 10:25 AM
Action Against Ashley!! - Sat 11th Oct. 12 noon - Flash mob Sports Direct At the Glasgow Fort!We require as many fans as possible for this to have an impact and would request as much support as we can musterIf you are willing to give up half an hour of your time please meet outside the store at midday for instructions. As usual our actions will be well within the law.Are you happy that Ashley owns rights to rename our stadium for a pound? if not then please join us.

wonder what they plan to do :rolleyes:

marti1875
10-10-2014, 10:35 AM
Action Against Ashley!! - Sat 11th Oct. 12 noon - Flash mob Sports Direct At the Glasgow Fort!We require as many fans as possible for this to have an impact and would request as much support as we can musterIf you are willing to give up half an hour of your time please meet outside the store at midday for instructions. As usual our actions will be well within the law.Are you happy that Ashley owns rights to rename our stadium for a pound? if not then please join us.

That's like a recipe for disaster knowing that mob. :agree:
Probably start intimidating/abusing some poor young lassies and laddies who work there or some other real big and brave things.

SeanWilson
10-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Ashley has played a blinder if you ask me....

The Toon are rank rotten, going nowhere and will be lucky to see Europa football at the most over the next ten years......

The Rangers are (whilst spraying money all over the shop at a completely obscene rate) a steel in the current format.

Even though Scottish football is absolutely rank rotten, rangers have the stadium and the fan base to make it a lucrative going concern.

If they can get them back in to the top tier, a big enough investor will have them back in champs league position within a few years.

Rangers of say ten years ago would be an astronomical price, now they get bought for a steel, rejigged by someone who actually knows how to run a business and whilst still playing in one of the poorest leagues in world football, get a place on the champs league stage again.

Fair play to him.

Brizo
10-10-2014, 11:16 AM

I wonder what they plan to do :rolleyes:

I would guess they probably plan to wave enormous Union flags, sing the Sash and set about anyone who they think looks like a taig :dunno:

Newry Hibs
10-10-2014, 11:41 AM
I would guess they probably plan to wave enormous Union flags, sing the Sash and set about anyone who they think looks like a taig :dunno:

Whilst pick up some more tracky bottoms at a price too good to miss.

jacomo
10-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Whilst pick up some more tracky bottoms at a price too good to miss.

No doubt. While wearing their replica shirts bought from SD in the summer.

cabbageandribs1875
10-10-2014, 02:07 PM
That's like a recipe for disaster knowing that mob. :agree:
Probably start intimidating/abusing some poor young lassies and laddies who work there or some other real big and brave things.

that's a cert, have to laugh at this bit though "as usual our actions will be well within the law" aye, right !!! :rolleyes:

you forgot GSTQ :greengrin i hope the decent general public avoid this little teddy bears picnic

Crazyhorse
10-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Surely someone should be calling for the names and addresses of all Sports Direct employees to be made public? Where's fat swally the leader when you need him?

Ozyhibby
10-10-2014, 03:09 PM

The Toon are rank rotten, going nowhere and will be lucky to see Europa football at the most over the next ten years......

The Rangers are (whilst spraying money all over the shop at a completely obscene rate) a steel in the current format.

Even though Scottish football is absolutely rank rotten, rangers have the stadium and the fan base to make it a lucrative going concern.

If they can get them back in to the top tier, a big enough investor will have them back in champs league position within a few years.

Rangers of say ten years ago would be an astronomical price, now they get bought for a steel, rejigged by someone who actually knows how to run a business and whilst still playing in one of the poorest leagues in world football, get a place on the champs league stage again.

Fair play to him.

Newcastle have have more TV income than all of Scottish football together.

Deansy
10-10-2014, 04:19 PM

I'd love to see the type of their 'supporter' (thug/vandal/cretin/vegetable/ape etc, etc) who actually typed this - 'As usual our actions will be well within the law' - I mean WTF actually goes through 'it's tiny-mind ??. Does 'it' actually, really believe in 'it's statement or is 'it' at the wind-up ??. Does 'it' mean the 'Law' that applies to everyone or the 'Law' that the Strathclyde-Police use when it comes to everything 'Hun' ??. Does 'it' believe that everything from 'Barcelona 72' to 'Manchester 2008' is just a 'Kaflik Konspiracy ??. Purely in the name of science/evolution, it would've been great if one of them had actually videoed 'it' grunting away as 'it' pawed away at the keyboard hammering out 'its' message !!

ancient hibee
10-10-2014, 06:22 PM

Fair play to him.

You think Newcastle aren't a lucrative going concern-playing in front of 50,000 at every home match and millions of quids in TV money.The mighty Rangers astride the Champions League-don't think so.