PDA

View Full Version : FIFA's pathetic racism sanctions continue

Diclonius
06-10-2014, 02:53 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29263340

Gosh, maybe next time they do it (and they will) they'll have a few hundred more seats closed!

Automatic removal from competitions and points deductions is the only thing these clubs will listen to, but of course Blatter and co won't even consider it as it will cost them precious revenue.

Nando™
06-10-2014, 02:59 PM
I see Partizan were thrown out of the UEFA Cup a while back. This is exactly what needs to be done to stop this ****my behaviour.

Paltry fines do nothing to deter these morons.

JimBHibees
06-10-2014, 03:16 PM
Agree totally only time teams took any notice was when UEFA started threatening them and that is including our own teams especially Rangers. Something that was out of the game is now back worse than ever entirely due to the weakness of the footballing authorities, absolutely disgusting.

Uefa said: "The fight against racism is a high priority.

Absolutely laughable, a high priority such as just below what Platini gets in his sandwiches for lunch.

Jones28
06-10-2014, 03:24 PM
Pathetic.

Juice-Terry
06-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Although I agree that UEFA and other official bodies in the game should take a VERY strong stand against racism (and other bad -isms), expulsion from the competition is probably too harsh. It's the people engaging in racism that should be hunted down and punished. Collective punishment for wrong-doings by individuals is never justified. Of course if it can be shown that the club in question did not take its responsibility for preventing this sort of stuff seriously then the club should also be punished. Imagine how you would feel if Hibs got thrown out of some competition because some ********s had displayed racist stuff at the match. Even worse, you wouldn't want to allow the possibility that undercover Hertz supporters, say, could get Hibs thrown out of a competition by pretending to be Hibs supporters and shouting racist pish.... I think the evidential standards necessary for justified expulsion form the competition would have to be incredibly high.

JimBHibees
06-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Although I agree that UEFA and other official bodies in the game should take a VERY strong stand against racism (and other bad -isms), expulsion from the competition is probably too harsh. It's the people engaging in racism that should be hunted down and punished. Collective punishment for wrong-doings by individuals is never justified. Of course if it can be shown that the club in question did not take its responsibility for preventing this sort of stuff seriously then the club should also be punished. Imagine how you would feel if Hibs got thrown out of some competition because some ********s had displayed racist stuff at the match. Even worse, you wouldn't want to allow the possibility that undercover Hertz supporters, say, could get Hibs thrown out of a competition by pretending to be Hibs supporters and shouting racist pish.... I think the evidential standards necessary for justified expulsion form the competition would have to be incredibly high.

Agree there should be a clear process though and harder sentences with expulsion only if no improvement. Something like over a defined period say 1-2 years 1st offence - fine and stand closed, 2nd offence - closed door game, 3rd offence expulsion.

HIBERNIAN-0762
06-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Had that been a British team they would have thrown the book at them, Serbian teams are well know for their far right views but almost get off with a slap on the wrist every time.