PDA

View Full Version : Flare/Smokebomb

biggineurope
06-10-2014, 05:45 AM
This nonsense has to stop!! Sitting comfortably with my boy watching the game then suddenly smacked in the coupon with a big cloud of green smoke and the taste of sulphur (or whatever it is), not once but twice. Sorry but this is ludicrous behavior. My boy is asthmatic and genuinely struggled for a bit of air for a moment. Not just that but i'm sure there were more than just a few people affected in one way or the other. What about the obvious Health & Safety issues?? The folk that bring these to games should in my mind GET A GRIP and consider others.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 06:50 AM
This nonsense has to stop!! Sitting comfortably with my boy watching the game then suddenly smacked in the coupon with a big cloud of green smoke and the taste of sulphur (or whatever it is), not once but twice. Sorry but this is ludicrous behavior. My boy is asthmatic and genuinely struggled for a bit of air for a moment. Not just that but i'm sure there were more than just a few people affected in one way or the other. What about the obvious Health & Safety issues?? The folk that bring these to games should in my mind GET A GRIP and consider others.

Where was it? I could smell it both times but saw no smoke, as I sit in the West Upper I guess it must have been in the West Lower?

Albanian Hibs
06-10-2014, 06:58 AM
It was in the east.

Dr Jimmy
06-10-2014, 07:02 AM
Where was it? I could smell it both times but saw no smoke, as I sit in the West Upper I guess it must have been in the West Lower?

How could you not see it? It was directly opposite you.
Are you one of these guys that look at the pitch during the game?

Onceinawhile
06-10-2014, 07:02 AM
It was pretty annoying, but on the bright side, it kept the sun out my eyes for a minute or so.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 07:10 AM
How could you not see it? It was directly opposite you.
Are you one of these guys that look at the pitch during the game?

I don't know but I never saw it! I even said to the laddie at the time that the smell was strong but neither of us saw any smoke, must have been engrossed with the performance on the pitch I guess :greengrin

Jay
06-10-2014, 07:15 AM
I don't know but I never saw it! I even said to the laddie at the time that the smell was strong but neither of us saw any smoke, must have been engrossed with the performance on the pitch I guess :greengrin

We could smell it but didn't see it either.

Mixu62
06-10-2014, 07:20 AM

From what I read here you can smell the performance on the pitch these days too.

gordieboy
06-10-2014, 07:24 AM

Its about time the stewardsloo done there job properly and stop these clowns bringing
these things in,anyone caught should be banned from all football grounds.

Diclonius
06-10-2014, 07:25 AM

Correct. Knew this would happen especialy considering by the laws of averages you're going to get people with breathing difficulties in the crowd. Not to mention it obscured a fair few people's view of the pitch for a good 5 or so minutes.

I suggest you complain to the cub directly.

Oscar T Grouch
06-10-2014, 07:26 AM
These smoke bombs will be the British kite marked ones though, they'll no have bought the dodgy Chinese ones off the internet laced with carcinogens right? Thise people letting them off are at least that responsible though? Aren't they?

Ronniekirk
06-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Correct. Knew this would happen especialy considering by the laws of averages you're going to get people with breathing difficulties in the crowd. Not to mention it obscured a fair few people's view of the pitch for a good 5 or so minutes.

I suggest you complain to the cub directly.
I was right at front of section 44 beside pitch with my wife Have posted before it doesn't really bother me but on this occasion the smell was definitely more unpleasant and lingered longer Think the wind carried it down and right across the pitch as when there was a corner you could see it in goal mouth so Wouldnt surprise me if ref puts that in his report .

J-C
06-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Up beside little drummer boy and his singing pals, place stinking of sulphur, unfortunately there seems to be no police nowadays at these lesser games and the stewards do absolutely nothing cause they're ***** scared, every home game's the same.

DaveF
06-10-2014, 07:57 AM

I'm in the west upper too and said to my mate was something on fire only to be told it was the smoke bomb. I never saw a thing, but then I was probably asleep at that time.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Thankfully I'm not going mad and other folk in the West never saw it either :greengrin

Mr White
06-10-2014, 08:12 AM
I could see it from the famous 5. The way the smoke dispersed must have made it difficult to see from opposite. The smell was quite strong considering the distance travelled- pretty much the length of the pitch. In my opinion it provides nothing to the atmosphere but allows some sad individuals to bask in the glory of rebelliousness.

DarrenSQH
06-10-2014, 08:16 AM
I still like them.

Look forward to the thread next week.

percy veer
06-10-2014, 08:41 AM
perhaps the FAMILY stand is the place for yourself and laddie just incase any of these acts against humanitary are done on a regular basis.

hibee_girl
06-10-2014, 08:42 AM
I don't see the point in them tbh, I could maybe understand if they were going off after we'd scored but they were at the most random times on Saturday.

biggineurope
06-10-2014, 08:49 AM
perhaps the FAMILY stand is the place for yourself and laddie just incase any of these acts against humanitary are done on a regular basis.

Simple fact, flares/smokebombs are not allowed to be there, me & the boy are!

Waxy
06-10-2014, 08:56 AM
I was at the opposite end of the east. I reckon if they'd let off another two the whole east wouldn't have seen the match for around 5 minutes.

Bring 4 for the Dumbarton game lads.

Jay
06-10-2014, 09:01 AM

So going by your suggestion Hibs should advise all people with breathing problems to move stand rather than deal with something that's banned.

That's not very humanitary :p

LordBamba
06-10-2014, 09:27 AM
If it's a derby I can understand but to let one of after scoring again raith rovers is embarrassing

khib70
06-10-2014, 09:42 AM
Moronic statement of the year:rolleyes:

People with breathing difficulties should be shifted out of the East so 14 year old fannies can show off to their mates by committing a criminal offence. Have a word with yourself, eh?

There were three on Saturday, which I clearly saw (and smelt) from the West Lower. I could also see the annoyance and distress it was causing fellow supporters in the vicinity. We should either employ stewards who have the balls to enforce the law, or have enough police around to do so.

These juvenile displays add nothing to the atmosphere (except polllutants and carcinogens) and are just the modern equivalent of ringing doorbells and running away. Pathetic.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
06-10-2014, 09:57 AM
They stink anaw.

WestEndHibee
06-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Maybe we could have a smokebomb section next season so that like minded guys and gals can set them off to their hearts content.

Or alternatively e-bombs, similar to the e-cig concept where the user gets the thrill but those surrounding them are unaffected?

green&left
06-10-2014, 10:09 AM
Like most things in this country we're generally just about 10 years behind our european counterparts.

People used to moan like f*** about the drum "Am no goin back", "what a soulress racket" blah *** blah. Now no-one bothers.

People used to go chicken oriental when smoke bombs used to be let off (most notable from the jambos at easter road), again, now generally accepted. Give it another season or two and no-one will give a f3ck.

What can we moan about next? :greengrin

R11Loaded
06-10-2014, 10:21 AM
It's not even like whoever set it off done it at a good time,
Right after halftime vs Raith.

Hope it made a good quality Twitter photo though! Obviously watched the galatasaray fans vs arsenal

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

khib70
06-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Like most things in this country we're generally just about 10 years behind our european counterparts.

People used to moan like f*** about the drum "Am no goin back", "what a soulress racket" blah *** blah. Now no-one bothers.

People used to go chicken oriental when smoke bombs used to be let off (most notable from the jambos at easter road), again, now generally accepted. Give it another season or two and no-one will give a f3ck.

What can we moan about next? :greengrin
"Generally accepted"? By whom exactly? There's a big difference between banging a drum and letting off smoke bombs. One - a drum might annoy some people (not me) but its not going to physically harm them. Two - drums are legal, smoke bombs aren't.

No rational person is going to "accept" a couple of wee Ultra wannabees making their kids ill, and spoiling the match experience for everyone around them.

Find them, empty them, bar them.

HappyAsHellas
06-10-2014, 10:25 AM
The smoke bombs are let off by teenagers who watch the ultras videos on you tube and want to try and emulate the atmosphere that they think it brings to the games. Anyone wanting to ban a Hibs fan for life, for letting these things off IMO is way out of line. I have contacted the club pointing this out, and will wait to see how they respond to the 14 year old who got caught the last time. I, myself am a boring old fart, but cannot understand some of the responses. Kids want to enjoy themselves at the games, why don't we talk to them instead of trying to instill draconian measures?

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2014, 10:26 AM
They stunk up the FF for a few minutes, but none of us could see where the 'device' was exploded.

I like all that continental stuff .. but if peoples health is at risk then its got to stop.

Canongatehibs
06-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Maybe we could have a smokebomb section next season so that like minded guys and gals can set them off to their hearts content.

Or alternatively e-bombs, similar to the e-cig concept where the user gets the thrill but those surrounding them are unaffected?

We could have smoke-bomb vape shops starting up, just like the efag ones :greengrin
How about smoking bombs, where the user can inhale and smoke the bomb, just like an eFag? There'd be a choice of colours and tastes.
Bound to be a market, especially down ER/Leith way.

Bad Martini
06-10-2014, 11:20 AM
I'm the least politically correct person you will find...:greengrin

With that out the way, how can anyone defend anyone's "right" to chuck a hot/smoking device within our OWN fans. Eventually, it lands and skelps someone - if you done that in the street, you'd get done for assault would ye no? So, how can it be cool to do it at a game, as I say, whacking one of yer own fans?

Sorry. Am nae pc brigade and generally dont give a toss what anyone does but for ****s sake, its no even remotely legal never mind allowed. Where do we draw the "Boys will boys line?" - only when one of the folk advocating it gets skelped in the boat with a flare?

Just dinnae dae it. We're no in Europe and wont be any time soon and it pretty much makes us look like wallopers of the highest order.

Cup final win at Hampden, Scottish Cup 7-0 against them...maybe, on to the trackside...no bothering anyone and we're all with ye for that. Easter Road, against Raith Rovers in the 1st division? The last thing we want to do is highlight this game.

All in my most humble, honest and considered opinion of course. And, I'm right :greengrin

:na na:

FranckSuzy
06-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Just ban anyone from ER who has breathing problems :agree: Wouldn't want to upset the young team or spoil their fun now, would we? :devil:

Pretty Boy
06-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Normally don't get too worked up about these.

BUT I've a bit of a cold at the moment and also have allergy induced asthma. At the weekend for the 1st time the smoke bomb really caught in my throat, I sit in the FF Upper, and I had to use my reliever inhaler for the 1st time in about 3 years.

In fairness I think my breathlessness was as much due to my cold and a bit of panic as the smoke bomb but it wasn't particularly pleasant.

GreenArmy1875
06-10-2014, 11:28 AM
Its about time the stewardsloo done there job properly and stop these clowns bringing
these things in,anyone caught should be banned from all football grounds.

The only way to stop them coming in is too ban people for having them

Ricky Bobby
06-10-2014, 11:36 AM
I personally dont find them a nuisance and i sit in the section next to where they were let off. But the fact of the matter is that they are banned so the persons responsible should find an alternative method of generating an 'atmosphere'.
On a plus point it did obscure my view of the pitch for a couple of minutes.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 11:54 AM
If it causes discomfort to other folk in the ground action should be taken against the offenders.

allezsauzee
06-10-2014, 12:02 PM
I never noticed the smoke bomb but I did get a whiff of sulphur. I had assumed somebody sitting in the West Lower had eaten a lot of eggs for breakfast.

Weststandwanab
06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
How can you not see this ?

Look at the G4S chappie standing by watching and doing nothing.

Hopefully the CCTV will have picked up he culprit and dealt with him/her appropriately

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 12:06 PM
It was a crap smoke bomb anyway as plenty of folk in the West never even saw it!

silverhibee
06-10-2014, 12:14 PM
If it's a derby I can understand but to let one of after scoring again raith rovers is embarrassing

Being in this league is embarrassing.

SteveHFC
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM

:top marks

FranckSuzy
06-10-2014, 12:38 PM
It was a crap smoke bomb anyway as plenty of folk in the West never even saw it!

:agree: The first I knew of it was when I noticed the familiar stench from them and I sit in the West Lower.

SaulGoodman
06-10-2014, 12:44 PM

So surely being in this league and setting off smoke bombs like we're some polish ultras playing a champions league clash is very embarrassing? :greengrin

oconnors_strip
06-10-2014, 12:47 PM
When the smoke blew down on to the pitch the linesman on the east stand side looked round and up to see what was happening so no doubt passed this on to his colleague

Billychaotic182
06-10-2014, 12:50 PM

What a stupid post!

They are banned the boy and his lad have every right to sit where ever they want.

The Gorf
06-10-2014, 12:52 PM
-rse

Keith_M
06-10-2014, 12:53 PM

:tub4:

Turkish Green
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I have nothing against smoke flares but I fear that the young lads using them will buy the cheapest flares available from dubious online sellers. These cheap flares will unlikely carry the a British Kite Mark and will probably be unsafe and not for use in crowded areas. It will only be a matter of time until someone gets a serious injury. Until such time I presume it will continue uncontrolled by security.

southern hibby
06-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm not for or against smoke bombs. I however use the toilets at half time and it is crammed packed of smokers. It's illegal to smoke inside a stadium and cigerettes come with a health warning that can kill, yet this is not brought up on this forum.

How many of the people on here want these smoke bombs to stop yet smoke I'n the bogs inside the stadium? I don't want to smell of smoke or breath any smoke I'n.

GGTTH

Turkish Green
06-10-2014, 01:15 PM
I love the smell of sulphur in the afternoon.

My_Wife_Camille
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
The United Kingdom of Great Britain, the land where Health and Safety, Risk Assessments and fake outrage rule. I can only assume that asthma and breathing difficulties simply don't exist in Greece, Turkey, Poland, Sweden and pretty much everywhere else in the world where smoke bombs and flares are common fixtures? Either that or they just aren't as big a problem as the British public try to make them.

HappyAsHellas
06-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Potassium nitrate is odourless.:greengrin

My_Wife_Camille
06-10-2014, 01:27 PM
http://youtu.be/VjdWj0SXYJw

Can just imagine a fan at this game going home and logging into legiawarsaw.net all pissed off and complaining about the nasty smell and not being able to see properly :faf:

easty
06-10-2014, 01:33 PM
The United Kingdom of Great Britain, the land where Health and Safety, Risk Assessments and fake outrage rule. I can only assume that asthma and breathing difficulties simply don't exist in Greece, Turkey, Poland, Sweden and pretty much everywhere else in the world where smoke bombs and flares are common fixtures? Either that or they just aren't as big a problem as the British public try to make them.

In Turkey fathers let off smoke bombs in the delivery room just as their newborns heids pop out. Not just as a celebration, but also to toughen them up for the regular smoke bombs and flares that are, apparently, a common fixture over there.

My_Wife_Camille
06-10-2014, 01:48 PM
In Turkey fathers let off smoke bombs in the delivery room just as their newborns heids pop out. Not just as a celebration, but also to toughen them up for the regular smoke bombs and flares that are, apparently, a common fixture over there.

Should be made compulsory in all British hospitals in my opinion

silverhibee
06-10-2014, 01:50 PM
So going by your suggestion Hibs should advise all people with breathing problems to move stand rather than deal with something that's banned.

That's not very humanitary :p

Smoking is banned, it happens though, puffing on vapours are banned, it happens, plenty folk enter the ground while under the influence, why is everyone picking on a couple of folk letting flares off in the stands, even Ribeena is banned but folk try to take it in, foul and abusive language is not allowed but happens every game, why are stewards/club turning a blind eye to these things but making a big deal about smoke bombs, surely they should be clamping down on all of the above rather than picking on a few in the East setting these flares off.

PS, did see the stewards pull some one up for puffing on a vapour a few weeks back and were given a wee slap on the wrist. :greengrin

Peace Mrs S. :greengrin

silverhibee
06-10-2014, 01:52 PM
They stink anaw.

So do farts.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
So do farts.

Aye but we were playing Raith.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 02:06 PM
The United Kingdom of Great Britain, the land where Health and Safety, Risk Assessments and fake outrage rule. I can only assume that asthma and breathing difficulties simply don't exist in Greece, Turkey, Poland, Sweden and pretty much everywhere else in the world where smoke bombs and flares are common fixtures? Either that or they just aren't as big a problem as the British public try to make them. Yes you're right, the people on here who have said they were adversly affected just made it up, nowt wrong with smoke bombs at all.

silverhibee
06-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I'm the least politically correct person you will find...:greengrin

With that out the way, how can anyone defend anyone's "right" to chuck a hot/smoking device within our OWN fans. Eventually, it lands and skelps someone - if you done that in the street, you'd get done for assault would ye no? So, how can it be cool to do it at a game, as I say, whacking one of yer own fans?

Sorry. Am nae pc brigade and generally dont give a toss what anyone does but for ****s sake, its no even remotely legal never mind allowed. Where do we draw the "Boys will boys line?" - only when one of the folk advocating it gets skelped in the boat with a flare?

Just dinnae dae it. We're no in Europe and wont be any time soon and it pretty much makes us look like wallopers of the highest order.

Cup final win at Hampden, Scottish Cup 7-0 against them...maybe, on to the trackside...no bothering anyone and we're all with ye for that. Easter Road, against Raith Rovers in the 1st division? The last thing we want to do is highlight this game.

All in my most humble, honest and considered opinion of course. And, I'm right :greengrin

:na na:

I feel a lot safer at football stadiums now than i did say 10/20/30 years ago where there was a good chance of being slashed battered hit by a golf ball with nails in it, pro IRA stuff sung in the old East by a lot of young folk who didn't no any better at the time, we were all young once and more than likely got up to some naughty stuff back in our day at games, but we grow up and become sensible :greengrin most of us anyway, it's a faze we all go through and right now the faze is smoke bombs being let off by the young team, it will be something else in a few years time.

Keith_M
06-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Can just imagine a fan at this game going home and logging into legiawarsaw.net all pissed off and complaining about the nasty smell and not being able to see properly :faf:

What makes you think that every Fan IS happy about it? I personally don't have breathing problems but I'd get a bit p1ssed off if people lit so many Flares/Smoke Bombs that I couldn't actually see the game, or worse, that the game had to be delayed (it happens)

OK, so they want to outdo their rival Ultras*, so why not just have what was a fantastic Card Display and Flags?

* Face it, that's what it's all about. It has nothing whatsoever to do with supporting the team.

silverhibee
06-10-2014, 02:41 PM
So surely being in this league and setting off smoke bombs like we're some polish ultras playing a champions league clash is very embarrassing? :greengrin

Have you seen some of the stuff that goes on in the lower leagues in Poland, it's crazy. :greengrin

Stantons Angel
06-10-2014, 06:51 PM
Up beside little drummer boy and his singing pals, place stinking of sulphur, unfortunately there seems to be no police nowadays at these lesser games and the stewards do absolutely nothing cause they're ***** scared, every home game's the same.

This will be the same bunch of children who let off these stupid green smoke bombs at Alloa and Queen of the South too! these guys looked about 12-15yrs old. I dont know what they think they are trying to do or who they think they are impressing?

Dont they realise that if the referee mentions these incidents in his reports the club is fined £1000 and away supporters can be excluded from following their teams.

Many people have breathing problems and these are bad enough but this smoke and the awful smell can set off bad asthma attacks and these are not very nice for the people suffering them.

So its about time our young fans "grew up" and considered the consequences to the club they support and to the rest of the supporters in the stadium.

I sit in the West and i saw the smoke go off up there in section 43 and i could smell the awful smell way over the other side of the stadium.
Giving the stewards the blame is one thing but the people who bring them into the ground are breaking the law and not being very smart either..

Please stop this now before someone is hurt!

Jonnyboy
06-10-2014, 07:09 PM

I expect they're great fun if you're 12

Nakedmanoncrack
06-10-2014, 08:31 PM
Smoking is banned, it happens though, puffing on vapours are banned, it happens, plenty folk enter the ground while under the influence, why is everyone picking on a couple of folk letting flares off in the stands, even Ribeena is banned but folk try to take it in, foul and abusive language is not allowed but happens every game, why are stewards/club turning a blind eye to these things but making a big deal about smoke bombs, surely they should be clamping down on all of the above rather than picking on a few in the East setting these flares off.

PS, did see the stewards pull some one up for puffing on a vapour a few weeks back and were given a wee slap on the wrist. :greengrin

Having a go at youngsters is always the way.

Jonnyboy
06-10-2014, 08:32 PM

Disgraceful behaviour :cb

Bronson
06-10-2014, 08:45 PM
I'll be honest, I think they're harmless. Never known of them to cause genuine respiratory problems for anyone in the past so this whole 'having trouble breathing' thing is a bit dramatic.

They don't smell great, granted, but they look pretty cool and add a bit of atmosphere. Lighten up I say.

Jay
06-10-2014, 08:48 PM

Yeah your right, I apologise. Ribena and smoke bombs are 100% definitely on the same scale. Silly me. I will be equally outraged when someone drinks a Ribena in the east stand from now on, and if someone as much as whispers a naughty word that causes me breathing problems I'll definitely put my foot down!

Pretty Boy
06-10-2014, 08:52 PM
I'll be honest, I think they're harmless. Never known of them to cause genuine respiratory problems for anyone in the past so this whole 'having trouble breathing' thing is a bit dramatic.

They don't smell great, granted, but they look pretty cool and add a bit of atmosphere. Lighten up I say.

Damm I've been rumbled.

I get my kicks making up stories about my respiratory health on a football forum.

Hiber-nation
06-10-2014, 08:57 PM
Yep it really added to the silence, sorry I mean atmosphere in the 2nd half. Clouds of green smoke billowing across the East so you can barely make out what's happening on the pitch, plus the added bonus of a horrible smell catching the back of your throat. Wow!

Alfred E Newman
06-10-2014, 09:02 PM
I'll be glad when watching Hibs is banned because it is making me ill.

Bronson
06-10-2014, 09:03 PM
Damm I've been rumbled.

I get my kicks making up stories about my respiratory health on a football forum.

Did you not say yourself in your post that it was more down to your cold than anything else? I have asthma and never have I had any respiratory issues from a smoke bomb, and I sit in the east where they tend to go off.

Stantons Angel
06-10-2014, 10:30 PM

DRAMATIC?

Have you ever been short of breath and gasping for air and all you can breathe in is smoke and foul fumes?

Id say dramatic is an insult to those who suffer from attacks like these.

Oh its pretty "cool" alright when your child cant get a breath of air,as only smoke fills his lungs. What on earth is "atmospheric" about a cloud of green smoke? the flare is set off in one place and the wind carries it all over the stadium.

If you want to be atmospheric at a game, thats brilliant and im all for creating a bit atmosphere, but the people we are talking about here are those with "genuine respiratory problems" and you are generalising them!

frazeHFC
06-10-2014, 10:44 PM
New way to have fun at games. :hilarious

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=595425703901208

HibeeMG
06-10-2014, 10:50 PM

I think people are having a go at the couple of folk letting off flares because that's what the thread is about. Yeah, there's plenty of other things that go on in the ground that annoy folk but that's for another discussion surely.

My view is that it's unacceptable at the best of times but in a European game with a bouncing atmosphere I could maybe understand it. At a Championship game against Raith with nothing much happening it stinks (pardon the pun) of ned and should be clamped down.

biggineurope
07-10-2014, 07:30 AM

So I'm being DRAMATIC as my boy had breathing difficulty due to bad asthma exacerbated by thick green smog which came from a smoke-bomb released by a half wit to impress his peers. How dare I show concern for the health & safety of my boy and ALL other fans in the area with or without breathing problems. What is this world coming too I ask.

Waxy
07-10-2014, 08:07 AM
I have asthma and i was breathing the sulpher fron them for a few minutes.didn't have any effect.they're good to go.

Waxy
07-10-2014, 08:18 AM
Seriously though these smokeflares must be safe to breathe surely? Unless bought illegally.safety standards and all that?

EH54
07-10-2014, 08:19 AM
I don't mind them or normally don't if people are saying there causing some problems health wise then in my opinion it should stop asap. The problem i have though is half way through a game for no reason why so ever these are going off one after another i pay good money to see ***** on the park i at least want the option to watch that ***** without having to look throw a thick fog of green smoke. After goals fire away ( if it isn't going to harm anyone ) :thumbsup: but for no reason what so ever it just pisses me off more than anything really.

I do however find it funny that on entrance to every game women with handbags or purses are searched to make sure there no smuggling in a lunch for the wee one or a cartoon of juice but these guys managed to get away with numerous smoke bombs which have been going for for the past few weeks. would have thought they would be onto them before now when entering the ground.

PatHead
07-10-2014, 08:38 AM
As these smoke bombs are going off every week they will be reported by the referee, LD will have to prepare a report every single time to say what we are doing about it which in turn means she can't get on with her own job.

Sooner or later we will get a fine and have to employ police rather than stewards at category B matches which is another added cost to the club. This in turn means less money available for other more important aspects of the club such as training kit or wages.

Whoever is doing it please stop. It isn't big, isn't clever, adds sweet FA to the atmosphere and benefits no-one in the long term. If you are wanting to move to behind the goals you are doing a terrible job of building a relationship with the club management.

Hope they start arresting and life bans are put in place.

R11Loaded
07-10-2014, 10:05 AM
Smokebombs in Scotland. Flares in Turkey, totally different. Smoke bombs aren't even warm

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Stantons Angel
07-10-2014, 04:22 PM
So I'm being DRAMATIC as my boy had breathing difficulty due to bad asthma exacerbated by thick green smog which came from a smoke-bomb released by a half wit to impress his peers. How dare I show concern for the health & safety of my boy and ALL other fans in the area with or without breathing problems. What is this world coming too I ask.

Well said!

There is a big difference between the size of an adults lungs compared to a child's. Because some adult asthma sufferers have no problem breathing in those horrible smells and the lingering smoke, it doesnt mean a child or young person does not suffer!

I just think they are unacceptable at a football game, in bigger crowds they can cause panic and confusion resulting in injuries.

Not to mention the cost to the club each time they are fined because their supporters bring in banned items.

It might be an idea for the stewards to do the job they are there for and search these youngsters at the turnstiles properly.

Baldy Foghorn
07-10-2014, 04:23 PM
Well said!

There is a big difference between the size of an adults lungs compared to a child's. Because some adult asthma sufferers have no problem breathing in those horrible smells and the lingering smoke, it doesnt mean a child or young person does not suffer!

I just think they are unacceptable at a football game, in bigger crowds they can cause panic and confusion resulting in injuries.

Not to mention the cost to the club each time they are fined because their supporters bring in banned items.

It might be an idea for the stewards to do the job they are there for and search these youngsters at the turnstiles properly.

I got thoroughly searched at Ibrox, as did a lot of others, but a smoke bomb, still managed to escape the stewards....

Aldo
07-10-2014, 04:43 PM
I got thoroughly searched at Ibrox, as did a lot of others, but a smoke bomb, still managed to escape the stewards....

BF

The stewards have no authority to search a person but they can search a bag etc that's about all their remit will allow.

Baldy Foghorn
07-10-2014, 04:45 PM
BF

The stewards have no authority to search a person but they can search a bag etc that's about all their remit will allow.

Cheers Aldo, there were police nearby, so assumed it was all ok....

Aldo
07-10-2014, 05:01 PM

No worries.
If you were happy with it then that's down to the individual but nah that's not their job.

silverhibee
07-10-2014, 06:04 PM
BF

I was searched/patted down by a steward and asked to empty the contents of my pockets as i entered Ibrox last Monday.

Good to no that bud.

Bronson
07-10-2014, 06:21 PM
DRAMATIC?

Have you ever been short of breath and gasping for air and all you can breathe in is smoke and foul fumes?

Id say dramatic is an insult to those who suffer from attacks like these.

Oh its pretty "cool" alright when your child cant get a breath of air,as only smoke fills his lungs. What on earth is "atmospheric" about a cloud of green smoke? the flare is set off in one place and the wind carries it all over the stadium.

If you want to be atmospheric at a game, thats brilliant and im all for creating a bit atmosphere, but the people we are talking about here are those with "genuine respiratory problems" and you are generalising them!

I have asthma myself, used to be pretty bad when I was younger and never have smoke bombs given me any issues. In fact, I don't think they've ever caused an asthma attack before, there's not really anything in them to trigger something like that - they're pretty harmless by all accounts.

So yes, I think to say they're a genuine health hazard, even to those with respiratory conditions is slightly dramatic. That's not ignorance, that's from my own personal experience.

Jay
07-10-2014, 06:30 PM
I have asthma myself, used to be pretty bad when I was younger and never have smoke bombs given me any issues. In fact, I don't think they've ever caused an asthma attack before, there's not really anything in them to trigger something like that - they're pretty harmless by all accounts.

So yes, I think to say they're a genuine health hazard, even to those with respiratory conditions is slightly dramatic. That's not ignorance, that's from my own personal experience.

I don't have any known respiratory problems but the smoke bombs at the Cowdenbeath game caused me a problem, if one was lit closer to me I would have to leave or at least move, I sit in the west. I don't know if I have a sensitivity to something in it but it did affect me. I can't be the only one out of a few thousand surely? And even if I am is it not enough that one person is? I'm a paying customer too.

Aldo
07-10-2014, 06:44 PM
I was searched/patted down by a steward and asked to empty the contents of my pockets as i entered Ibrox last Monday. Good to no that bud. Tbh Siliver why are they doing it. Check the back of the ticket?? Doubt there is anything on that. What happens if they find an illegal substance.... No power of search in my book.

Like I said to BF.... If they ask and you agree then dad on but they have no official powers. Reasonable grounds?? If it's cops then slightly different to an extent but stewards would get no where near me.

Breach of your human rights.

silverhibee
07-10-2014, 07:05 PM
Tbh Siliver why are they doing it. Check the back of the ticket?? Doubt there is anything on that. What happens if they find an illegal substance.... No power of search in my book.

Like I said to BF.... If they ask and you agree then dad on but they have no official powers. Reasonable grounds?? If it's cops then slightly different to an extent but stewards would get no where near me.

Just had a look at the ticket from Monday night, the print is to small even with my specs on that i can't read it, :greengrin will get the lad to read it to me when he gets in fae work, no steward will search me again, as you say, what happens if they find a wrap of cocaine on someone while searching them, they have no powers in the first place to do so, you could say the steward planted it, :wink: the Police are possibly a different matter but don't they need reasonable grounds as well to search you, or is the law different at football games. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
07-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Tbh Siliver why are they doing it. Check the back of the ticket?? Doubt there is anything on that. What happens if they find an illegal substance.... No power of search in my book.

Aye right, no way I would allow any Steward to pat me down either, they would then probably make up some daft reason to not allow you in is the only problem.

Going from my own experiences (not as a steward though) I used to ask them to produce (goods they hadn't paid for) if they refused they were detained until the cops arrived, searched them and found the goods as we had no right of search at all. Different subject Aldo but I see more and more about Private Security using handcuffs, I take it this is okay if approved by Police and they are appropriately trained?

Aldo
07-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Aye right, no way I would allow any Steward to pat me down either, they would then probably make up some daft reason to not allow you in is the only problem. Going from my own experiences (not as a steward though) I used to ask them to produce (goods they hadn't paid for) if they refused they were detained until the cops arrived, searched them and found the goods as we had no right of search at all. Different subject Aldo but I see more and more about Private Security using handcuffs, I take it this is okay if approved by Police and they are appropriately trained?

They would have to have a very good reason to not allow you into the ground IMHO!!

Nowt wrong in my eyes with you asking them to produce any item that belonged to the store that hadn't been paid for (making sure you had a college with you when you did this) if they refused that's up to them but the police would come along and search them and they would find it.

Don't think the police would ever approve the use of that by a private firm..... Restrain yip but handcuff etc no way should this be allowed.

Aldo
07-10-2014, 07:23 PM
Just had a look at the ticket from Monday night, the print is to small even with my specs on that i can't read it, :greengrin will get the lad to read it to me when he gets in fae work, no steward will search me again, as you say, what happens if they find a wrap of cocaine on someone while searching them, they have no powers in the first place to do so, you could say the steward planted it, :wink: the Police are possibly a different matter but don't they need reasonable grounds as well to search you, or is the law different at football games. :aok:

Police totally different but I cannot for the life of me see where they would get the right to do this. They would call the cops over and they might search you but nah!! Not for me mate.

Jonnyboy
07-10-2014, 07:34 PM

BF

Be honest Brockie, you enjoyed that thorough search :greengrin

BTW I understand Asthma can vary in degree so while Bronson may not have been affected, others clearly were. I suffer from late onset Asthma and was close to the smoke on Saturday. It caused me some difficulties in breathing but I didn't have an attack, as such.

It seems that it's impossible to stop folk smuggling them into grounds but I agree with earlier posts that Hibs will suffer financially if it continues

boab1875
07-10-2014, 10:56 PM

totally agree that this is unacceptable. don't listen to the idiots that believe that generating a ficticious enhanced atmosphere triumphs the health and safety of fellow fans. my uncle is in the same boat as your boy and has respiratory issues and these mindless ultra wannabes set off a smoke bomb in the east at one of the derbies last year and he had to go to the hospital after the match. people seem to think because it's a derby its ok? why an earth would it make a difference? they are banned so respect the rules, and more importantly respect your own fans.