PDA

View Full Version : Well Done Livi

SteveHFC
06-10-2014, 01:11 AM
http://therangersreport.com/2014/10/04/livingstons-attempts-to-be-cheeky-fall-flat-in-matchday-programme/ :faf:

Haymaker
06-10-2014, 01:21 AM
Belter!

we are hibs
06-10-2014, 06:27 AM
nothing wrong with stating facts...

stevenhibs
06-10-2014, 06:47 AM
Livingston are hardly in a position to be having a pop at anyone's financial control to be fair.

However.... It is a cracker.

LancsHibs
06-10-2014, 07:17 AM
Wow, the Huns are very touchey on the subject arnt they:lolrangers:

Bostonhibby
06-10-2014, 07:34 AM
You'd think with them being relatively new themselves they would give the new boys a break. Everybody has to start somewhere.

DaveF
06-10-2014, 07:54 AM
Good on Livi - It's just a great pity other teams (no doubt including ourselves) will tow the line that Rangers are Rangers and give them the usual glorious write up in the programme.

DarrenSQH
06-10-2014, 08:12 AM
I hope we dont publish anything but the truth when it comes to our record against them in the league.

Played 1 Won 1 Scored 3 Against 1

Mr White
06-10-2014, 08:16 AM
I hope we dont publish anything but the truth when it comes to our record against them in the league.

Played 1 Won 1 Scored 3 Against 1

More chance of rod petrie coming onto the pitch at half time, doubling the happyhibee jackpot from his own pocket, announcing his immediate departure from the club and apologising for the abomination of the last 6 years of his stewardship.

greenginger
06-10-2014, 08:31 AM
Livi must have been waiting for a chance to have a pop at the New Rangers.

There is something in the back of my mind that says Old Co. Rangers or David Murray to be precise, said something about there being no place in Scottish Football for Clubs like Livingston who were not run on a sound financial basis. I think it was back in 2008/09 when Livi hit their second insolvency event.

If so, I expect it to be highlighted by Livi once the Govan seethe has subsided. :greengrin

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2014, 09:35 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/five-arrested-after-trouble-breaks-4383199

FIVE people were arrested on Saturday inside the visitors' enclosure at the Livingston V Rangers match at Almondvale.
Police Scotland confirmed that four of those held were related to sectarian singing, including two 14-year-old youths.

i wonder if they will ever fully evolve :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-29499855

Police are hunting a man who spray-painted anti-Muslim graffiti at several locations in Livingston.
He was described as white and wearing a black baseball cap with ear flaps, and a red, white and blue striped football scarf wrapped round his face

JimBHibees
06-10-2014, 09:39 AM
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/five-arrested-after-trouble-breaks-4383199

FIVE people were arrested on Saturday inside the visitors' enclosure at the Livingston V Rangers match at Almondvale.
Police Scotland confirmed that four of those held were related to sectarian singing, including two 14-year-old youths.

Police are hunting a man who spray-painted anti-Muslim graffiti at several locations in Livingston.
He was described as white and wearing a black baseball cap with ear flaps, and a red, white and blue striped football scarf wrapped round his face

Well done on the police for charging people for this.

Keith_M
06-10-2014, 09:43 AM

Obviously it would have killed them to say 'Rangers Supporter'.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2014, 09:54 AM
Well done on the police for charging people for this.

indeed, although i doubt very much the Govan Branch of Police Scotland would have lifted them :greengrin

Obviously it would have killed them to say 'Rangers Supporter'.

the journalist possibly wanted to type "it was a durty vile cretinous hun **** that did it" but the press commission would probably pull him up about it :greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2014, 10:02 AM
An accurate account full of facts ....... its an outage :grr:

MB62
06-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Hope the SFA or whoever it is that The rangers are complaining to, grow a pair and tell them where to go. The programme stated nothing but the facts and just because The rangers don't like it, doesn't mean an apology is required. Glasgow rangers went in to VOLUNTARY liquidation and re-formed as a new company under a different name, so why are they getting upset about people stating facts?

Pedantic_Hibee
06-10-2014, 11:57 AM
Hope the SFA or whoever it is that The rangers are complaining to, grow a pair and tell them where to go. The programme stated nothing but the facts and just because The rangers don't like it, doesn't mean an apology is required. Glasgow rangers went in to VOLUNTARY liquidation and re-formed as a new company under a different name, so why are they getting upset about people stating facts?

I'll be raging if Hibs don't follow Livingston's suit. They are a new club and they know it, hence their "unbroken 140 years history" merchandise etc.

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 12:00 PM
I hope our scoreboard displays "The Rangers" when they visit ER

Biggie
06-10-2014, 12:03 PM

you're joking Scouse eh ?....we are waaaaaaaaaay too nice to do that. (will be interesting to see the programme though ;-) )

overdrive
06-10-2014, 12:05 PM
you're joking Scouse eh ?....we are waaaaaaaaaay too nice to do that. (will be interesting to see the programme though ;-) )

We sacked a DJ for playing a song poking fun at Hearts. No way will Petrie allow this to happen.

And, yes, I know we technically didn't sack the guy as he wasn't an employee.

allezsauzee
06-10-2014, 12:07 PM

Hopefully it displays "The Rangers 0"

AndyM_1875
06-10-2014, 12:10 PM
I'll be raging if Hibs don't follow Livingston's suit. They are a new club and they know it, hence their "unbroken 140 years history" merchandise etc.

They won't.
It'll be all, Rangers won Scottish League 1 last year, here are some pen pics of the current squad and some comment about the games we've played against them this season.

Do you think the match program against Hearts will say "This mob of arrogant cheats ran up a load of toxic debt and screwed their creditors for £30m, whilst selling a doe eyed sob story to the Scottish Media who bought it hook line and sinker, the mugs?"

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 12:16 PM

Too nice? It's their name we will be honouring them!

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 12:17 PM
They won't.
It'll be all, Rangers won Scottish League 1 last year, here are some pen pics of the current squad and some comment about the games we've played against them this season.

Do you think the match program against Hearts will say "This mob of arrogant cheats ran up a load of toxic debt and screwed their creditors for £30m, whilst selling a doe eyed sob story to the Scottish Media who bought it hook line and sinker, the mugs?" We could arrange to have some mock ones printed and sell them outside the ground.

AndyM_1875
06-10-2014, 12:21 PM
We could arrange to have some mock ones printed and sell them outside the ground.

I'd buy one.

Make the match sponsor ClearYourDebts .com

marti1875
06-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Now seemingly Livi have bowed down to The Rangers and have apologised....for telling the truth!!

greenginger
06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
Now seemingly Livi have bowed down to The Rangers and have apologised....for telling the truth!!

I think the Livi chairman said,

" I am sorry if anyone is upset but ........ "

The Daily Record goes with the headline,

Livingston Say Sorry.

Got to love the Weegie Press. :greengrin

sadtom
06-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Was thinking of knocking up a banner for the 1st ever league meeting between the 2 clubs at ER.

'Don't know who you are - but the stench is familiar' :agree:

MB62
06-10-2014, 02:21 PM
Was thinking of knocking up a banner for the 1st ever league meeting between the 2 clubs at ER.

:greengrin

Keith_M
06-10-2014, 02:29 PM
I think the Livi chairman said,

" I am sorry if anyone is upset but ........ "

The Daily Record goes with the headline,

Livingston Say Sorry.

Got to love the Weegie Press. :greengrin

He actually said....

"I can only offer my sincere apologies to any fans who have been offended by what was written as there was no intention to offend anyone."

I presume RaPeepul are quite easily offended. Just like their kin folk on the other side of the city.

AndyM_1875
06-10-2014, 03:25 PM
I presume RaPeepul are quite easily offended. Just like their kin folk on the other side of the city.

Would I be cynical in them playing the offended card and screaming is possibly to cover up and smokescreen their atrocious behavior at Livingston on Saturday?
Fighting with the Police/each other/5 arrests and embarrassing themselves again.

Nah.. far more important to get bent out of shape about some program article.

JimBHibees
06-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Would I be cynical in them playing the offended card and screaming is possibly to cover up and smokescreen their atrocious behavior at Livingston on Saturday?
Fighting with the Police/each other/5 arrests and embarrassing themselves again.

Nah.. far more important to get bent out of shape about some program article.

Indeed I noticed this line from the link on the initial post in this thread.

"The rancorous mood at the City Stadium wasn’t helped by tired & inflammatory comments that were included in the matchday programme".

What a pathetic excuse for appalling behaviour that is. The rancourous mood would have been purely in one direction, cant imagine the 1k Livi fans causing it somehow.

PatHead
06-10-2014, 05:47 PM
We sacked a DJ for playing a song poking fun at Hearts. No way will Petrie allow this to happen.

And, yes, I know we technically didn't sack the guy as he wasn't an employee.

He wasn't sacked for playing the record. He was sacked for playing a record he was specifically told not to play but don't let facts get in the way of a good moan.

Jonnyboy
06-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Apparently they decided to jump all over this because the teenage, unpaid editor of the Livi programme once described them as 'the Huns' in a tweet :greengrin

Disappointed that Gordon McDougall has apologised, especially when the article was factually accurate

Swedish hibee
06-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Disappointed that Gordon McDougall has apologised, especially when the article was factually accurate

:agree:

mca
06-10-2014, 07:30 PM

That`s a Good Chant for the Game.. :singing:

Bostonhibby
06-10-2014, 07:39 PM
That`s a Good Chant for the Game.. :singing:

"Are you Rangers in disguise?"

HibbingtonHibs
07-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Print nothing except a disclaimer that says "to avoid unnecessary upset it has been decided that we would avoid discussing The Rangers in today's match day program. "