PDA

View Full Version : Players Rating v Raith Rovers

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Thought I would pot my thoughts on yesterday's game now that I've calmed down, sorry but that was totally unacceptable, good teams follow and kick on from a fabulous result the game before but only Hibs can seriously over promise and under deliver. I posted earlier this season we'll be mid season at best and I still maintain that. Getting really hacked off with lilly livered inconsistent performance's and I'm beginning to wonder what's happening at our once great club.

Not impressed.

4 - Oxley You get what you pay for

6 - Forster I like the big fella, at least he tussled with Nade who buy the way ran the ****** show
5 - Hanlon Quiet as a bloody mouse, your old and experienced enough now so get it sorted
4 - Fontaine Consistently drifted out of position chasing the ball, but looks a half decent left sided player
6 - Stevenson Goes from the ridiculous to the sublime but fair play was probably the MOTM

3 - Robertson Lost his way and looks a shadow of the player he once was
5 - Allan Great trickery at time but it's not all about him and his final pass is simply not good enough
4 - Craig Captain material my erchie, subbing our captain, says it all really.
5 - Booth Certainly can tackle and can cross the ball, blowing oot his erse in the 2nd, but still think his future is bright

3 - Cummings Did heehaw, looked like he expected to his feet every time, didnae run the channels, play the shoulder etc - lazy performance for me
3 - Malonga FFS, already looks like he's caught the Hibs disease, didn't work hard enough

4 - McGeouch Looks the business and look forward to watching him play
3 - Heffernan Actually looked alright, we no he can play if he puts his mind to it
2 - Harris Does he really want to play fitba cos he looks like he would rather be somewhere else

7 - Fans FFS we didnae half let our team away with murder, crap return for our encouragement
5 - Stubbs Sorry Alan, you should have kicked on from Ibrox and you didn't, you've got an eye for a player but stick with their strengths

R'Albin
05-10-2014, 07:57 PM
I didn't go yesterday but your comment about Oxley seems harsh. He's looked solid so far and his distribution is excellent.

SaulGoodman
05-10-2014, 07:58 PM
I don't agree with a lot of these ratings;

Cummings- Did Heehaw? Was one of the few that looked to turn and drive towards their defence, would've scored if not for a fantastic double save right at the start

Malonga- Worked hard enough and looked good up until he took a knock.

4 for Oxley baffles me, how many did we concede again?

Defence looked alright apart from that moment of madness.

hibsbollah
05-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Strange post if you ask me.

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 08:03 PM
Strange post if you ask me.

What's strange about it, it's a forum no?

The team is gash, I've regularly posted players ratings over the years and seriously worried about our club.

Why not post your own thoughts on the game? Or were you no actually at the game?

BoomtownHibees
05-10-2014, 08:04 PM
Were these ratings from yesterday's game??

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 08:05 PM
Were these ratings from yesterday's game??

Aye, but just my opinion.

Jonnyboy
05-10-2014, 08:05 PM
What's strange about it, it's a forum no?

The team is gash, I've regularly posted players ratings over the years and seriously worried about our club.

Why not post your own thoughts on the game? Or were you no actually at the game?

It's all about opinions and you've rightly posted yours as that's what this forum is all about. Having said that, some of your marking is wide of where I'd place mine but we all see things differently I guess. I was at the game and am baffled by the 4 for Oxley too

7-0
05-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Thought I would pot my thoughts on yesterday's game now that I've calmed down, sorry but that was totally unacceptable, good teams follow and kick on from a fabulous result the game before but only Hibs can seriously over promise and under deliver. I posted earlier this season we'll be mid season at best and I still maintain that. Getting really hacked off with lilly livered inconsistent performance's and I'm beginning to wonder what's happening at our once great club.

Not impressed.

6 - Forster I like the big fella, at least he tussled with Nade who buy the way ran the ****** show
5 - Hanlon Quiet as a bloody mouse, your old and experienced enough now so get it sorted
4 - Fontaine Consistently drifted out of position chasing the ball, but looks a half decent left sided player
6 - Stevenson Goes from the ridiculous to the sublime but fair play was probably the MOTM

5 - Allan Great trickery at time but it's not all about him and his final pass is simply not good enough
5 - Booth Certainly can tackle and can cross the ball, blowing oot his erse in the 2nd, but still think his future is bright

3 - Cummings Did heehaw, looked like he expected to his feet every time, didnae run the channels, play the shoulder etc - lazy performance for me
3 - Malonga FFS, already looks like he's caught the Hibs disease, didn't work hard enough

3 - Heffernan Actually looked alright, we no he can play if he puts his mind to it
2 - Harris Does he really want to play fitba cos he looks like he would rather be somewhere else

7 - Fans FFS we didnae half let our team away with murder, crap return for our encouragement
5 - Stubbs Sorry Alan, you should have kicked on from Ibrox and you didn't, you've got an eye for a player but stick with their strengths

Jesus Christ

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 08:18 PM
It's all about opinions and you've rightly posted yours as that's what this forum is all about. Having said that, some of your marking is wide of where I'd place mine but we all see things differently I guess. I was at the game and am baffled by the 4 for Oxley too

Clean sheets have ben at a premium this year and for me he doesn't come off his line enough.

4 might be a bit harsh but we are in the poo big time and at the end of the day it was Raith Rovers, yes Raith Rovers.

Craig - misplaced passes, since January - NEVER A CAPTAIN
Stevenson - back pass for Forster who was nowhere to be seen - nae communication
Allan - Final pass was dreadful
Booth - fitness and left gap
Hanlon - too hesitant for me

Look at Hertz, they are flying - why? - Attitude, we seem to breed mediocrity.

Scott & Nade ran the show yesterday......unbelievable

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Jesus Christ

And, were you at the game likes?

Tell me what his contribution was to the team yesterday?

Mr White
05-10-2014, 08:23 PM

Restricted after taking an early knock was my take. Should have been subbed at half time imo. Robertson would get at least a 5 from me for his part in creating then finishing our only goal, though I agree he was otherwise ineffective.

Jonnyboy
05-10-2014, 08:25 PM
Restricted after taking an early knock was my take. Should have been subbed at half time imo. Robertson would get at least a 5 from me for his part in creating then finishing our only goal, though I agree he was otherwise ineffective.

:agree:

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 08:29 PM

Correct, he should have been taken off, nae time for bruising egos etc this season and IMO Stubbs needs to be stronger and more assertive with this.

I didnae realise Robertson was playing until just before his goal, he is better than his form is showing but why?

Again, his performances have not been good enough for quite some time. In fact the last decent performance I've seen form Robertson was the 2-1 derby win.

7-0
05-10-2014, 08:31 PM

Yes, i was. He was injured from 30 minutes onward and shouldn't have been made to play for the rest of the game. My point is you saying he's already got the "Hibs disease" when he's had a very impressive start here.

jdships
05-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Jesus Christ

Was he playing ? :greengrin

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Yes, i was. He was injured from 30 minutes onward and shouldn't have been made to play for the rest of the game. My point is you saying he's already got the "Hibs disease" when he's had a very impressive start here.

He has an obligation to signal to the bench he's injured so I don't buy that one bit.

How can any player be up for a game 4 days previously then look like he's just got out of his bed?

Disease might be a bit strong, but even before his 'injury' he didn't run the channels, ask for it to his feet etc, he just didn't look up for it IMO.

Why? He should be brimming with confidence as well as Cummings?

LaMotta
05-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Clean sheets have ben at a premium this year and for me he doesn't come off his line enough.

4 might be a bit harsh but we are in the poo big time and at the end of the day it was Raith Rovers, yes Raith Rovers.

Stevenson - back pass for Forster who was nowhere to be seen - nae communication

I don't think your scores are too far off the mark. Only one I really questioned was Oxley, which you've admitted might be a bit Harsh :greengrin

Smartie
05-10-2014, 08:49 PM

I think it is more than just a better attitude that has Hearts flying right now. They've had yonks to prepare for being here, spent wisely on players with ability and have a sense of togetherness throughout their club that has helped sell a lot of season tickets contributing more funds to spend on their team. All off the back of stiffing the Lithuanian taxpayer for god knows how many tens of millions of pounds.

I'm all for being critical of what's going on at Easter Road but we need a bit of perspective and where possible save that criticism for where it is really deserved. We're still in the early stages of a massive rebuilding process and inconsistency is to be expected although not necessarily accepted. Your marks for many players are very much on the harsh side. There were positives yesterday whilst I accept there was a lot wrong. I felt that peculiar managerial decisions cost us yesterday and don't really feel like pointing the finger at any player, as they were all at least ok imo.

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 08:50 PM
I don't think your scores are too far off the mark. Only one I really questioned was Oxley, which you've admitted might be a bit Harsh :greengrin

Slip off the finger perhaps, rage - maybe, pissed off? Aye, majorly but thank you for your empathy....... :-)))

The Harp Awakes
05-10-2014, 08:58 PM

Not impressed.

Not a great performance from Hibs yesterday but some harsh scores there IMO.

Oxley conceded 1 goal and wasn't at fault, so I'm not sure why he should score so low. I actually thought Hanlon had a decent game, as did Scott Allan although I agree his final pass wasn't good. Booth was lively and I can't believe the Hibs midfield didn't feed him the ball more in the 2nd half when he was often in acres of space. Cummings I thought tried hard without any real service and nothing really came off for him. Malonga is a player who needs the ball played into his feet but again the service to him was poor.

I think our main problem yesterday was our midfield. Craig and Robertson continually slow the game down and it wasn't until McGeough came on that we had any kind of penetration.

We need to start building momentum. A draw against Raith at home is not a great result but at least we didn't lose the game after a good performance and result against Sevco.

SaulGoodman
05-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Was he playing ? :greengrin

Jesus Christ- 4, You get what you pay for, only Resurrected once, slipping all over the place, was he wearing sandals or something. Seems to have caught the Hibs disease already.

:greengrin

Waxy
05-10-2014, 09:13 PM

Not impressed.

5 - Stubbs Sorry Alan, you should have kicked on from Ibrox and you didn't, you've got an eye for a player but stick with their strengthsIf you'd said to me before the Ross co game that we'd win two and draw one from Ross,Rangers,Raith i wouldn't believe you and would be delighted with that.

hibbymick
05-10-2014, 09:14 PM
Im not asking for much, I just want to see our players get crosses / corners past the first man.

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 09:18 PM

Aye, your opinion and contribution is like some of the players performances from yesterday...........non descript.

Cheap shot and if you have travelled, organised Hibs Travel and spent mare money than I have on Hibs then give me your opinion.

Meh...........right enough

Davy Mac
05-10-2014, 09:20 PM
If you'd said to me before the Ross co game that we'd win two and draw one from Ross,Rangers,Raith i wouldn't believe you and would be delighted with that.

Agreed, but beating Rangers & Ross County was the difficult bit, beating Raith Rovers should have been much much easier bit............only Hibs at the moment ;-)

R'Albin
05-10-2014, 09:21 PM

The_Horde
05-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Oxley - 6 - nowt to do really, maybe could've done better with the goal but everyone could've

Forster - 6 - wasn't brilliant, wasn't awful

Hanlon - 6 - see Forster

Fontaine - 6 - same again

Stevenson - 8 - never puts a foot wrong

Booth - 6 - solid enough, gets in some good positions but needs to do more when he gets there

Allan - 7 - much better from him, minus a few passes.

Craig ("captain") - 4 - was he playing? Decent when we're underdogs but he's useless at breaking teams down

Robertson - 6 - Done well to score but really needs to offer more in possession. I've never seen him play a perfect through pass

Cummings - 6 - unlucky not to score and looked sharp. Needs better service

Malonga - 2 - a few nice touches but they didn't really do much for us. Needs to be more of a threat and his work rate was god awful. Think he's gonna be a bit of a benji

Subs -

Mcgeouch - 5 - looks a real classy player. Can't wait til him and Allan are in the middle together supported by a good DM

Heff - no time

Harris - hardly any time but where's his swagger gone? Come on wee man. You're better than you think.

inglisavhibs
05-10-2014, 10:00 PM

Not impressed.

4 - Oxley You get what you pay for Didn't affect the game in any way and no chance with the goal.

6 - Forster I like the big fella, at least he tussled with Nade who buy the way ran the ****** show Did ok
5 - Hanlon Quiet as a bloody mouse, your old and experienced enough now so get it sorted Decent game for me
4 - Fontaine Consistently drifted out of position chasing the ball, but looks a half decent left sided player Worst of the back three and found it hard going

6 - Stevenson Goes from the ridiculous to the sublime but fair play was probably the MOTM Man of the match. Not his fault playing where he can't play. How any manager can play him at right wing back defies logic. He looked lost and was completely ineffective. We ended up playing the last 12 minutes with Harris playing left midfield and Stevenson trying to play wide right. How anybody saw Lewis as man of the match is astounding.
3 - Robertson Lost his way and looks a shadow of the player he once was Tries hard to get forward but legs appear to have gone. Did have a good overlap and followed up well to get our goal but ineffective in second half.
5 - Allan Great trickery at time but it's not all about him and his final pass is simply not good enough Agree with comments and like the others he can't compete in midfield. Does virtually nothing to stop the other team playing. Unless he gets fitter he will end up playing at a much lower level soon. Don't know how many times he failed to find Booth in great positions preferring slide rule passes through the middle which all failed to find a Hibs player.
4 - Craig Captain material my erchie, subbing our captain, says it all really. He is just not mobile enough to play in midfied. Does little going forward and even less defensively. Jockey's players from about six yards allowing them to do as they please. i don't think it's a lack of effort though.
5 - Booth Certainly can tackle and can cross the ball, blowing oot his erse in the 2nd, but still think his future is bright Get's forward well and is at least a threat down our left. Tried very hard but ran out of steam long before the end. With our current squad he should just about make the team.

3 - Cummings Did heehaw, looked like he expected to his feet every time, didnae run the channels, play the shoulder etc - lazy performance for me Never lazy and did all Malonga's chasing. Was unlucky not to score early when goalie had a double save. Like the rest of the team he faded as the match wore on.
3 - Malonga FFS, already looks like he's caught the Hibs disease, didn't work hard enough Had a reasonable first half and has some talent. His body language as he left the pitch at half time suggests that he wasn't keen to continue. His second half performance backs that up.
4 - McGeouch Looks the business and look forward to watching him play Looked lively when he came on and looks an improvement on the other midfielders.
3 - Heffernan Actually looked alright, we no he can play if he puts his mind to it Too little time to judge but nothing he has done so far gives you hope.
2 - Harris Does he really want to play fitba cos he looks like he would rather be somewhere else Brought on in strange position and didn't really see how he was supposed to get on the ball. We were crying out for width on the right but kept Stevenson there. Still a shadow of the player who emerged two years ago.

7 - Fans FFS we didnae half let our team away with murder, crap return for our encouragement Fans were very patient given the second half performance. I don't think we worked the goalie once in the second half.

5 - Stubbs Sorry Alan, you should have kicked on from Ibrox and you didn't, you've got an eye for a player but stick with their strengths Thought his team selection was just wrong and totally unbalanced. Playing three central defenders can work at home if at least one of them can break forward with some confidence which ours can't. Out midfield five just isn't good enough to break teams down nor stop the other team playing. How teams must love coming to Easter Road to boost their confidence. We all want Stubbs to succeed but he needs to learn quickly. That set of players is just not good enough.

harry-hibee
05-10-2014, 10:04 PM
For the last 20 to 25 minutes of the first half we dominated the game with the midfield players finding space to take a pass and shutting down the opposition. Come the second half Craig and Robertson done neither and Allen was our only midfielder who would chase and try to create things although his final pass just never seemed to make it but I believe that will come.

When you play a certain system you have to have the personnel who can play to that system, on Saturday we didn't have the personnel to play a 352 and should have went with a 442 with Forster at right back and Lewis at left.

Once we have everyone fit I do like the 352 system and now that we would be playing with 3 central midfielder's I would like to see Sam Stanton in there instead of Craig other than him being played out in the wing, add McGeouch then I think we have a balanced midfield.

I am beginning to believe like many others on here now that Craig and Robertson have to much of last season in them and don't look like they are going to shake it off.

erin go bragh
05-10-2014, 10:26 PM
Stopped reading after 4 for the Ox . Cmon op .

Ggtth

GreenOnions
05-10-2014, 10:41 PM
I actually thought that our back three were very solid defensively yesterday and the only outfield players IMO to get pass marks. In contrast to one or two posts above I thought Fontaine was our most effective player and won more defensive headers than anyone else during the game - something that we need. With him added to the team I am much more confident than in the past that we will be able to defend balls in the air into our box. Like Hanlon and Forster he is also pretty mobile which is essential in a 3 I feel. Overall I was happy with their contribution.

Oxley had very little to do and I can't remember any mistakes so how he gets a "4" from someone above is a bit of a mystery. I also felt a bit for Malonga because he looked to be struggling after his fall trying an overhead kick in the Raith box.

Overall I thought we struggled going forward because we weren't brave enough when we had the ball. There were insufficient players showing for the ball when our defenders had it - Robertson in particular needs to take more responsibility there if he's playing the holding role.

The result was too often that we ended up playing passes that were too long. We were too cautious and slow with our passing, we didn't have anyone prepared to try to beat a man - particularly in the wide areas and our crossing was very poor from both sides. Stevenson does have a bit of an excuse playing on the right but even so, once he'd checked back on to it, his crosses with his left foot were also poor. We also need one of the two advanced central midfielders to try to make runs to get beyond the strikers.

Pretty much the same group did really well in that regard at Ibrox so I'm not calling for mass changes to the team. I'd like to see the players encouraged to be much braver in possession. I do think though that Stubbs needs to think about one of the wide players being primarily an offensive player (such as Harris or Kennedy) - particularly at home. We need to do more in the wide areas and beat a man more often to get the opposition on the back foot.

So - for the Dumbarton game (if Gray is still unfit) I would make two personnel changes only: I'd replace either Booth or Stevenson with Harris or Kennedy to play on the right and I would replace either Craig or Robertson with McGeouch.

SaulGoodman
05-10-2014, 10:49 PM
Aye, your opinion and contribution is like some of the players performances from yesterday...........non descript.

Cheap shot and if you have travelled, organised Hibs Travel and spent mare money than I have on Hibs then give me your opinion.

Awful sense of humour to go with your awful thread.

Jones28
05-10-2014, 10:54 PM

Ahh you're one of these "Ah spend hunners oanah mah team so mah opinion is mare relevant" people.

SaulGoodman
05-10-2014, 10:56 PM
Ahh you're one of these "Ah spend hunners oanah mah team so mah opinion is mare relevant" people.

:agree: Almost every one of the posts on this thread involves some form of "were you at the game?"

erin go bragh
05-10-2014, 10:56 PM
I actually thought that our back three were very solid defensively yesterday and the only outfield players IMO to get pass marks. In contrast to one or two posts above I thought Fontaine was our most effective player and won more defensive headers than anyone else during the game - something that we need. With him added to the team I am much more confident than in the past that we will be able to defend balls in the air into our box. Like Hanlon and Forster he is also pretty mobile which is essential in a 3 I feel. Overall I was happy with their contribution.

Oxley had very little to do and I can't remember any mistakes so how he gets a "4" from someone above is a bit of a mystery. I also felt a bit for Malonga because he looked to be struggling after his fall trying an overhead kick in the Raith box.

Overall I thought we struggled going forward because we weren't brave enough when we had the ball. There were insufficient players showing for the ball when our defenders had it - Robertson in particular needs to take more responsibility there if he's playing the holding role.

The result was too often that we ended up playing passes that were too long. We were too cautious and slow with our passing, we didn't have anyone prepared to try to beat a man - particularly in the wide areas and our crossing was very poor from both sides. Stevenson does have a bit of an excuse playing on the right but even so, once he'd checked back on to it, his crosses with his left foot were also poor. We also need one of the two advanced central midfielders to try to make runs to get beyond the strikers.

Pretty much the same group did really well in that regard at Ibrox so I'm not calling for mass changes to the team. I'd like to see the players encouraged to be much braver in possession. I do think though that Stubbs needs to think about one of the wide players being primarily an offensive player (such as Harris or Kennedy) - particularly at home. We need to do more in the wide areas and beat a man more often to get the opposition on the back foot.

So - for the Dumbarton game (if Gray is still unfit) I would make two personnel changes only: I'd replace either Booth or Stevenson with Harris or Kennedy to play on the right and I would replace either Craig or Robertson with McGeouch.

Has to put Stevenson back on the left . Agree with the rest GO .

Ggtth

Devine
05-10-2014, 11:00 PM

The back 3 can't possibly get pass marks after getting chucked about by Nade for most of the 2nd half!?!?

R11Loaded
05-10-2014, 11:02 PM
Is Matty Jack available?

Scott Allan tried to be creative and was good on the ball although his passes were mainly cut out he could be great if he gets fitter.

Mcgeouch is similar, looks to commit defenders.

We are screaming out for a quiet man who'll just empty ye other teams flair player into the stand as they come forward. SOS JORGE CLAROS.

Don't blame the strikers for not having great service. We didn't play badly. Stevenson still didn't do shocking even on the right but he should never be on that side and I'm sure he and Stubbs know.

In my opinion, when we find someone with discipline who will do the dog work and let the other midfielders play we will have a better balance

With Gray on one side and Stevenson the other we have the work ethic there.

Malonga was defo injured though, shame because he links up well an prior to it he showed just why he was a serie A player.

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

GreenOnions
05-10-2014, 11:18 PM
The back 3 can't possibly get pass marks after getting chucked about by Nade for most of the 2nd half!?!?

They wouldn't have got pass marks from me if that had actually happened. I thought our defenders bossed their area of the pitch. We should have won a game like that by being 4-0 up before Nade scored. Problems are further up the pitch I think

Scouse Hibee
06-10-2014, 07:06 AM

Not impressed.

It's all about individual opinions right enough and my opinion is that your ratings do not reflect the performance I watched on Saturday, in fact I would go as far as to say that it's probably the most disagreeable ratings post I have ever read on here.

Ronniekirk
06-10-2014, 07:45 AM
It's all about individual opinions right enough and my opinion is that your ratings do not reflect the performance I watched on Saturday, in fact I would go as far as to say that it's probably the most disagreeable ratings post I have ever read on here.
Thought I it was partly wind up but also a post started when op was clearly frustrated and Andy not just with result and second half performance but with the collective experiences of late Could be wrong and that is his view and op wanted to make hard hitting statements to provoke debate and comment .

Davy Mac
06-10-2014, 08:04 AM
Thought I it was partly wind up but also a post started when op was clearly frustrated and Andy not just with result and second half performance but with the collective experiences of late Could be wrong and that is his view and op wanted to make hard hitting statements to provoke debate and comment .

Correct

We are where we are I suppose due to various reasons over the last few years or so but the standard of performances, including desire, attitude and respect towards their employment and fans is simply not good enough.

I'm behind Alan Stubbs, but that effort on Saturday has joined a long list of hapless and powder puff games I've watched at ER for too long.

I'll be back next week and will post exactly how I feel again good or bad as I've done for years but there has to be an improvement soon or we are danger of being in this division for a very long time.

This is what a forum is all about - off loading your thoughts on our club and yes, if it provokes debate and comment then fantastic because if we say nothing then nothing will change. - in my opinion of course.

Davy Mac
06-10-2014, 08:08 AM

A bit dramatic with your last statement.

perhaps you could post your ratings on the game as that clearly is the nature of the thread, don't mind if you agree or disagree with my ratings but let's hear yours.

GreenOnions
06-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Correct

We are where we are I suppose due to various reasons over the last few years or so but the standard of performances, including desire, attitude and respect towards their employment and fans is simply not good enough.

I'm behind Alan Stubbs, but that effort on Saturday has joined a long list of hapless and powder puff games I've watched at ER for too long.

I'll be back next week and will post exactly how I feel again good or bad as I've done for years but there has to be an improvement soon or we are danger of being in this division for a very long time.

This is what a forum is all about - off loading your thoughts on our club and yes, if it provokes debate and comment then fantastic because if we say nothing then nothing will change. - in my opinion of course.

Good on you DM. As you can see from above I disagree with some of what you say but, as I'm sure Voltaire would have agreed, this forum would be a pretty dull place without opinions!

gegs70
06-10-2014, 08:15 AM
;4191392']Oxley - 6 - nowt to do really, maybe could've done better with the goal but everyone could've

Forster - 6 - wasn't brilliant, wasn't a awful

Hanlon - 6 - see Forster

Fontaine - 6 - same again

Stevenson - 8 - never puts a foot wrong

Booth - 6 - solid enough, gets in some good positions but needs to do more when he gets there

Allan - 7 - much better from him, minus a few passes.

Craig ("captain") - 4 - was he playing? Decent when we're underdogs but he's useless at breaking teams down

Robertson - 6 - Done well to score but really needs to offer more in possession. I've never seen him play a perfect through pass

Cummings - 6 - unlucky not to score and looked sharp. Needs better service

Malonga - 2 - a few nice touches but they didn't really do much for us. Needs to be more of a threat and his work rate was god awful. Think he's gonna be a bit of a benji

Subs -

Mcgeouch - 5 - looks a real classy player. Can't wait til him and Allan are in the middle together supported by a good DM

Heff - no time

Harris - hardly any time but where's his swagger gone? Come on wee man. You're better than you think.

I felt we gave Raith too much time on the ball. The midfield were slow to support the forward play and perhaps that lack of movement meant a number of misplaced passes and opportunities. A frustrating weekend.

mmmmhibby
06-10-2014, 10:24 AM

This site is full of em. And aye, Lewis Stevenson was ***** at RB as he is ***** at LB. Play him in midfield and he's a different player, but, he's still *****.

mmmmhibby
06-10-2014, 10:27 AM
Stopped reading after 4 for the Ox . Cmon op .

Ggtth

Just give every player a 7....after all it was the Mighty Raith Rovers we were playing. A draw being a great result.

NAE NOOKIE
06-10-2014, 10:55 AM
Seems to be a lot of over the top criticism of the defence and I cant help thinking its because it was Nade who scored. He's a forward and sometimes they score goals.

Our problem on Saturday was from middle to front, not at the back. It was a disappointing result and our second half performance wasn't good enough.

Onwards and upwards eh.

Brightside
06-10-2014, 11:08 AM

Not impressed.

Not sure you were actually at the game. Hanlon didnt lose a ball in the air all day. Booth missed every tackle, and stood off players all day...our asst coach was screaming at him. Cummings did what he could with the poor service. The problem with the game was moving Stevenson over the to RWB... every time he got forward he was cutting back onto his left so we lost any befit of the overlaps. And when booth did the same on his side he left huse gaps behind him.

Brightside
06-10-2014, 11:18 AM
They wouldn't have got pass marks from me if that had actually happened. I thought our defenders bossed their area of the pitch. We should have won a game like that by being 4-0 up before Nade scored. Problems are further up the pitch I think

Yep - the goal came from the players in front of the back 3 not doing the job properly.....and you could see it coming.

Mr White
06-10-2014, 11:21 AM
Yep - the goal came from the players in front of the back 3 not doing the job properly.....and you could see it coming.

Just watched the highlights on raith tv and liam craig just stands and watches nade run past him into space before collecting the ball to shoot.

Brightside
06-10-2014, 11:24 AM
He has an obligation to signal to the bench he's injured so I don't buy that one bit.

How can any player be up for a game 4 days previously then look like he's just got out of his bed?

Disease might be a bit strong, but even before his 'injury' he didn't run the channels, ask for it to his feet etc, he just didn't look up for it IMO.

Why? He should be brimming with confidence as well as Cummings?

BTW he shouldnt be running channels in a 352... Malonga should be proving the link between mid and forwards... (like they did in the first half). had it been a 4-4-2 (and maybe you think it was as you;ve documented it that way) then you'd expect Cummings and Malonga to run the channels. First half we could have been 3 or 4 up. Its just a shame that we allowed them back into the game in the 2nd half. Its becoming a nasty habit and omsthing that Stubbs has to work on.

GreenOnions
06-10-2014, 11:25 AM
Not sure you were actually at the game. Hanlon didnt lose a ball in the air all day. Booth missed every tackle, and stood off players all day...our asst coach was screaming at him. Cummings did what he could with the poor service. The problem with the game was moving Stevenson over the to RWB... every time he got forward he was cutting back onto his left so we lost any befit of the overlaps. And when booth did the same on his side he left huse gaps behind him.

Neither wing-back offered enough I thought. Although Booth set up the goal his crossing/final pass was poor. Stevenson's crossing/final ball - even with his left foot - was also poor. Neither tried to beat a man all day and I felt they appeared over cautious - perhaps worried about committing themselves too far forward or about losing the ball. We need to be much more positive and take some risks going forward I think.

I agree with you re Cummings. He did make some wrong choices sometimes but he was positive. Allen was too but unfortunately things just didn't work for him. Robertson (apart from his goal) and Craig contributed very little along with Booth and Stevenson. Malonga appeared to struggle after his knock and was ineffective thereafter.

I thought our defence was good and all three did well and was particularly impressed with Fontaine. I'd like to see us stick with that set-up as it gives us quite a solid foundation.

Brightside
06-10-2014, 11:26 AM
Just watched the highlights on raith tv and liam craig just stands and watches nade run past him into space before collecting the ball to shoot.

Yep - both Craig and Robertson (infact almost all of our team) were standing off players in the 2nd half. Its kids stuff. You must press them on the touch not give them time to run at you.

theonlywayisup
06-10-2014, 11:27 AM

Rubbish!!​

Brightside
06-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Rubbish!!​

Its not - he was very very poor. Was constantly being instructed from the side lines.

Up The Bracket
06-10-2014, 11:59 PM
Liam Craig was one of our best players in the first half, he has been awful for us, there's no getting away from that, but he's only getting stick here because of how he's been previously, I've been at the past 3 games and he's played okay in all of them in my opinion. He was definitely worse in the second half but with the exception of Scott Allan every player was.

JimBHibees
07-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Liam Craig was one of our best players in the first half, he has been awful for us, there's no getting away from that, but he's only getting stick here because of how he's been previously, I've been at the past 3 games and he's played okay in all of them in my opinion. He was definitely worse in the second half but with the exception of Scott Allan every player was.

He was ok in the first half but disappeared in the second half and created little and gave the ball away alot without really pressing the opposition. Would bring McGeough straight in for him.