PDA

View Full Version : We've got it that wrong on the park that I've been forced to post this:

TheFamous1875
05-10-2014, 02:54 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jlz99/scottish-championship-201415-hearts-v-livingston

Look at the way they start their match: nothing fancy, just go at the weaker opposition and attack them in unison. They have a holding midfielder for protection and the full backs support the wingers. Every time they have the ball the whole team gets forward and attacks the opposition. Every time they have possession of the ball their sole objective is to fly forward with pace and attack the weaker opposition. It's not rocket science - they're as well drilled and disciplined as we were on Monday but their game is to go at their opponents, not sit back and try and absorb a pressure that doesn't exist and try and be tidy about it.

This isn't a case of congratulating them, it doesn't matter that it's them as I would've posted this if it was anyone, but they cheating, thieving *******s have got it spot on. This video is the perfect example of how to win this league.

Again, we're missing a trick with Stubbs not being familiar with this league but I'm sure he will learn. This is how to do it. Literally just copy this in matches as we have the players to do it. Put Stevenson in the middle and let him sit back and absorb the pressure whilst McGeouch and Allan go and create for Malonga, Cummings and Kennedy who can be supported by Gray and Booth.

I'm spewing that it's them that happen to be such a good example, but this is exactly what we should be doing. It's EASY. They're nothing special, but they're well organised and disciplined and know their roles. We proved on Monday that we are more than capable of the exact same, so let's stop this mambi-pambi, waiting-for-an-opening game against teams who're not going to give us that inch and let's just go for the jugular.

hhibs
05-10-2014, 03:06 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04jlz99/scottish-championship-201415-hearts-v-livingston

Look at the way they start their match: nothing fancy, just go at the weaker opposition and attack them in unison. They have a holding midfielder for protection and the full backs support the wingers. Every time they have the ball the whole team gets forward and attacks the opposition. Every time they have possession of the ball their sole objective is to fly forward with pace and attack the weaker opposition. It's not rocket science - they're as well drilled and disciplined as we were on Monday but their game is to go at their opponents, not sit back and try and absorb a pressure that doesn't exist and try and be tidy about it.

This isn't a case of congratulating them, it doesn't matter that it's them as I would've posted this if it was anyone, but they cheating, thieving *******s have got it spot on. This video is the perfect example of how to win this league.

Again, we're missing a trick with Stubbs not being familiar with this league but I'm sure he will learn. This is how to do it. Literally just copy this in matches as we have the players to do it. Put Stevenson in the middle and let him sit back and absorb the pressure whilst McGeouch and Allan go and create for Malonga, Cummings and Kennedy who can be supported by Gray and Booth.

I'm spewing that it's them that happen to be such a good example, but this is exactly what we should be doing. It's EASY. They're nothing special, but they're well organised and disciplined and know their roles. We proved on Monday that we are more than capable of the exact same, so let's stop this mambi-pambi, waiting-for-an-opening game against teams who're not going to give us that inch and let's just go for the jugular.

Could not agree more. Hibs as usual a soft touch.

Alfred E Newman
05-10-2014, 03:21 PM

Strange, I thought we started well yesterday and without a combination of good goalkeeping and bad luck Cummings would have scored in the first 5 mins. After that the pace gradually slowed as usual and the chances dried up.

Michael
05-10-2014, 03:30 PM
I doubt it's "easy". Championship is better than people give it credit for I reckon. I think Hearts have just been a little fortuitous and put a decent team together.

Still, there's a lot I like about what Stubbs is doing. I think with a bit more time things will properly click and we'll have a bit of consistency.

portyhibernian
05-10-2014, 03:31 PM
OP bang on the money.

Real Emerald
05-10-2014, 03:34 PM
Strange, I thought we started well yesterday and without a combination of good goalkeeping and bad luck Cummings would have scored in the first 5 mins. After that the pace gradually slowed as usual and the chances dried up.

You're right about the start we had and then the slow down but we went a goal up and tried to defend it instead of building on it.

rcarter1
05-10-2014, 03:37 PM

Learn from your most successful rivals, then aim to do better than them. If Hearts are doing the right things, and were not, I have no problem with looking at what they do right in order to improve ourselves. To be honest if roles were reversed, they would do the same - and quite rightly. Stubbs has suggested that he likes the patient build up approach (Fenlonitis). Good for when your opponents are going to come at you like gang busters (aka Rangers). Im hoping that he can see the difference when the opponents are going to set up defensively. Then he needs to make the players understand what to do, and show them what to do. Then its down to the players to go for it.

Over to you Mr Stubbs!

brog
05-10-2014, 07:40 PM
I don't think we're that far away. At Ross C our 2nd goal started well inside our box, we moved it forward at pace & when the goal was scored we had 6 or 7 players in or around the oppo box. Our 3rd at The Rangers was similar. Yams are playing with confidence & everything but everything is going for them. Against Livvy they scored with their first shot then were gifted 2 goals by shocking defending & goalkeeping. It's then easy to charge forward. At Q of S yesterday if the early shot goes in rather than hitting inside of post it's a different game. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the OP but The Rangers play with a similar formation to Yams & it's not really working out for them. We're less than a 1/4 way through the League, there will be lots of fluctuations to come.
PS, Are Hamilton, & to a lesser extent Dundee, not the perfect advertisement for a 14 or 16 team top division?

weonlywon6-2
05-10-2014, 07:46 PM
I doubt it's "easy". Championship is better than people give it credit for I reckon. I think Hearts have just been a little fortuitous and put a decent team together.

Still, there's a lot I like about what Stubbs is doing. I think with a bit more time things will properly click and we'll have a bit of consistency.

I feel the championship is poor,just look at celtic v that lot in the cup,celtic were poor and strolled the game but they are top of our league.
If hearts played aberdeen or dundee utd tomorrow they would lose

rcarter1
05-10-2014, 07:57 PM
I don't think we're that far away. At Ross C our 2nd goal started well inside our box, we moved it forward at pace & when the goal was scored we had 6 or 7 players in or around the oppo box. Our 3rd at The Rangers was similar. Yams are playing with confidence & everything but everything is going for them. Against Livvy they scored with their first shot then were gifted 2 goals by shocking defending & goalkeeping. It's then easy to charge forward. At Q of S yesterday if the early shot goes in rather than hitting inside of post it's a different game. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the OP but The Rangers play with a similar formation to Yams & it's not really working out for them. We're less than a 1/4 way through the League, there will be lots of fluctuations to come.
PS, Are Hamilton, & to a lesser extent Dundee, not the perfect advertisement for a 14 or 16 team top division?

Its a great shout. Bottom 6 SPL/Top 5-6 Championship are really close.

TheFamous1875
05-10-2014, 08:49 PM

I'm not talking about formations, or luck, or confidence, or anything like that - I'm talking about our approach to the 'weaker' oppositions. Ross County are (on paper) a stronger opposition and came at us and it made perfect sense for to play the 3-5-2 against them when we're away from home, and the same point goes for Rangers. We won both matches, rightfully so, because we had the correct game plan and the correct approach. The reason we didn't win yesterday is because we had the wrong approach. Raith Rovers are not a particularly gifted outfit and, rather appropriately, they did not create very much against us. They sat back, and so did we and that made for a very boring 90 minutes which was unnecessary as we have players talented enough and disciplined enough to go at lesser opposition and rout them by 3-4 goals a match. It's about approach. If we're sitting back and passing the ball amongst ourselves, that's fine by the weaker oppositions as they'll just sit back and take a point against us. Hearts on the other hand are charging at their opponents and they're setting out to bulldoze them - that's why they're confident and everything's going for them. You make your own luck.

It's a simple as us being better than them, so we should be ruthless and charge at them and create chances - they'll buckle and we'll have won our matches by the first half.
Otherwise, we're inviting pressure and we'll either win matches 1-0, or get beaten 1-0, or draw when we simply don't have to. Hearts are nothing special, neither are we, but we both have significantly better players and better options and resources than the majority of our opponents, so why not go for the jugular and kill these 'easy' games stone dead? That's what Hearts are doing, and so far they're streets ahead of everyone else.

Hibbyradge
05-10-2014, 09:02 PM
No one forced you to post that.

Just saying.

inglisavhibs
05-10-2014, 09:05 PM

we are a million miles away.

TheFamous1875
05-10-2014, 09:12 PM
No one forced you to post that.

Just saying.

How do you know?

The_Horde
05-10-2014, 09:16 PM
We don't have enough character in the team or enough dyed in the wool winners. Too many of them are scared to be the one who makes the mistake - that's why the tempo slows as the game goes on as they take too many touches and it slows play down.

So it's not that simple. Not with our lot.

Yams are going out there, smelling the blood and expecting to win. But teams just press us and they know our players are too chicken hearted to stand up to it and do something courageous.

Monday's win was easy because it was pressure free. As soon as they become favourites they crumble. We go out there hoping we play well enough to win rather than having the arrogance and determination that we will win, regardless.

Hibbyradge
05-10-2014, 09:45 PM
How do you know?

I'm psychic when it comes to things like that.

It's not a gift, it's a curse.

The Leith Dutch
06-10-2014, 06:59 PM

I'm spewing that it's them that happen to be such a good example, but this is exactly what we should be doing. It's EASY.They 're nothing special, but they're well organised and disciplined and know their roles. We proved on Monday that we are more than capable of the exact same, so let's stop this mambi-pambi, waiting-for-an-opening game against teams who're not going to give us that inch and let's just go for the jugular.

Completely agree. Especially the bit in bold.

I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about how s**t our players are as though the yams had gone out and signed world beaters. They have not signed a single player that (without the benefit of hindsight) would have met with anything other than howls of derision from most folk on here.

Not saying I'm delighted with our team but the harsh fact of the matter is we are not getting turned over by teams because they have better players than us.
We already have a set of players that could and should be tearing every team in the division (barring the yams and the rangers) a new one.

Ozyhibby
06-10-2014, 07:06 PM
Completely agree. Especially the bit in bold.

I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing about how s**t our players are as though the yams had gone out and signed world beaters. They have not signed a single player that (without the benefit of hindsight) would have met with anything other than howls of derision from most folk on here.

Not saying I'm delighted with our team but the harsh fact of the matter is we are not getting turned over by teams because they have better players than us.
We already have a set of players that could and should be tearing every team in the division (barring the yams and the rangers) a new one.

Exactly, Stubbs needs to sort this sharpish or the search for a new manager will commence again soon.

Diclonius
06-10-2014, 11:08 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/ct7vv.jpg

jacomo
06-10-2014, 11:09 PM
Exactly, Stubbs needs to sort this sharpish or the search for a new manager will commence again soon.

Really? Then what?

The manager ain't the problem. That must be clear to everyone bar STF and Petrie by now.

Ozyhibby
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Really? Then what?

The manager ain't the problem. That must be clear to everyone bar STF and Petrie by now.

But you know the reality of the situation. It will be Stubbs or Craig who carries the can. That's football. He need to sort this quickly or he will be gone.

Ronniekirk
07-10-2014, 07:23 AM
But you know the reality of the situation. It will be Stubbs or Craig who carries the can. That's football. He need to sort this quickly or he will be gone.
If the Hamilton Model is being hailed as the blue print for success and Leeann has won the Board over that the changes she has and is still making are laying strong foundations to Bridge the Dissconnect between Academy and Fiirst a Team then I don't think you will be right .
But if Rod still holds sway and an A G M is due and he is panicking about results and his own position then you never know ,but a new manager wont get any new money as there is none ,so don't think they would manage to get us to win the league and unless that was going to happen there would be no point . We are still paying gardening leave so we aren't going to add to that imo Stubbs will see out the Season and be allowed to build again in the summer The worry for me will be if we are still in the championship ,with no fresh injection of cash or new owners and no parachute payment we will struggle to get the players we want and the academy s young players may not be ready to step up .