PDA

View Full Version : Behind The Goals TV's

Real Emerald
05-10-2014, 12:59 PM
I think the adverts on the TV's in BTG bar are absolutely ridiculous, they have 42" TV's with 32" pictures. At the first game this season the girl went round asking every table what matches they would like to be shown (English or Scottish) and I believe almost every table complained that they could hardly even see the football anymore due to all the adverts on the screen. Why can't they just put the adverts on the wall next to the TV's and leave the screens alone?

Beefster
05-10-2014, 01:07 PM
I've no problem with Hibs doing what it takes to bring in income. Some folk just like to moan at everything Hibs does.

Real Emerald
05-10-2014, 01:12 PM
I've no problem with Hibs doing what it takes to bring in income. Some folk just like to moan at everything Hibs does.

Yes but the TV's are there to encourage fans to go along pre match and spend money at Easter Road. If there's an early game on folk might go elsewhere so they can actually see it. You could argue that they just put adverts on the TV screens and forget about showing the football to bring more money in but that's not the answer surely. Some folk just can't take any constructive criticism of Hibs!

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 01:16 PM
I think the adverts on the TV's in BTG bar are absolutely ridiculous, they have 42" TV's with 32" pictures. At the first game this season the girl went round asking every table what matches they would like to be shown (English or Scottish) and I believe almost every table complained that they could hardly even see the football anymore due to all the adverts on the screen. Why can't they just put the adverts on the wall next to the TV's and leave the screens alone?

:agree: The same with the TV's on the West concourse, if the folk in BTG feel that strongly about it they should let the club know, plenty of money spent in there on match days so the club might just listen.