PDA

View Full Version : Who is Scotland's best player right now?

Diclonius
05-10-2014, 12:35 PM
In terms of club form and performances for the national team?

I'd go for Naismith.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 12:43 PM

I'd go for Naismith.

Says it all really, though have to admit I never for one minute thought he would be as successful as he has been in the Premiership. Also shows what a great achievement it is by Strachan to build a team void of any real class players into such a dependable unit. If only England could build a team that reflected the same values.

Jones28
05-10-2014, 12:50 PM
Hopefully Steven Fletcher can keep scoring and give Strachan a selection dilemma!

The_Exile
05-10-2014, 12:52 PM
Ikechi Anya for me.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2014, 12:52 PM
In terms of consistency over the last 12-18 months then David Marshall but people never count goalkeepers for some reason so I'll say Naismith.

Crops73
05-10-2014, 12:53 PM

I'd go for Naismith.

Nade? :wink:

Matty_Jack04
05-10-2014, 01:25 PM
Fully fit Scott brown for me,head and shoulders our best player if only he'd look further afield for his career, coming up against better opposition every week would make him a great player IMO

The_Exile
05-10-2014, 01:53 PM
Fully fit Scott brown for me,head and shoulders our best player if only he'd look further afield for his career, coming up against better opposition every week would make him a great player IMO

That ship has well and truly sailed IMO.

TheFamous1875
05-10-2014, 02:13 PM
That ship has well and truly sailed IMO.

True, unfortunately. He should've never went to Celtic in the first place - he's in this 'backwater' of football when he had the potential to become a truly great Scottish player down in England or possibly elsewhere. If Steven Naismith can be such a success down there, then just imagine what Scott Brown could've achieved down there. If he'd stayed here for another year and let his stock rise even further, he would've got a great move from us to a Spurs or an Everton and would've became a much, much better player than he did. He's still one of the best Scottish players of his generation, but if he'd went for England even after a few years at Celtic, he would've been the undisputed best Scottish player of his generation. It's a crying shame that the majority our 'golden generation' never even came close to realising their full potential.

California-Hibs
05-10-2014, 02:57 PM
Steven Naismith for sure. Certain people need to let the fact go that he's a former Rangers player. He's a cracking finisher and works very hard. Scores goals against some of the top teams in the world - Man United, Chelsea, Spain etc.

Excellent player to have in our team.

TheFamous1875
05-10-2014, 03:05 PM
Steven Naismith for sure. Certain people need to let the fact go that he's a former Rangers player. He's a cracking finisher and works very hard. Scores goals against some of the top teams in the world - Man United, Chelsea, Spain etc.

Excellent player to have in our team.

Spot on. I didn't even mention in my post above who I thought the best player was! It's currently him, hands down. I don't care that he went to Rangers, that's part and parcel of the disastrous football climate up here. Scott Brown is a different matter as Hibs are, without disrespect to Kilmarnock, a much bigger club who should be able to hold on to their players a lot better than they have, but that's another story.

Now that Naismith's down there, I just see him as a Scottish player doing well so I wish him all the best. He also comes across as a nice person and does a lot of charity work and both factors don't exactly correlate with most images that come to head with Rangers.

frazeHFC
05-10-2014, 07:57 PM
I'd definitely say Naismith. Tanya has been a standout in the games he's played, would like to see how he would get on in the Premier League.

Anya not Tanya, stupid phone :tee hee:

R'Albin
05-10-2014, 07:59 PM
In terms of consistency over the last 12-18 months then David Marshall but people never count goalkeepers for some reason so I'll say Naismith.

:agree:

Stax
05-10-2014, 08:16 PM

I'd go for Naismith.
Can't argue with that at the moment, another goal against Man U today. Anya has done well, only saw him play one game for Watford this year but he was a standout. Agree with a lot of the views on Broony. Would have loved to see him test himself down south.

weonlywon6-2
05-10-2014, 09:01 PM
I'd definitely say Naismith. Tanya has been a standout in the games he's played, would like to see how he would get on in the Premier League.

Anya not Tanya, stupid phone :tee hee:

If its the tanya ive heard of she would **** her way through the premier league !

Swedish hibee
05-10-2014, 09:10 PM
Em..... :confused: ...Let me think..

California-Hibs
05-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Em..... :confused: ...Let me think..

Strange post..

HUTCHYHIBBY
05-10-2014, 10:34 PM
Craig Gordon.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 11:14 PM
Jordan Forster.

B.H.F.C
05-10-2014, 11:45 PM
Andy Robertson has to be in with a shout. From Queens Park to the Premiership and full international in just over a year is unreal. I think he will improve a lot more as well.

easty
06-10-2014, 06:49 AM
James McCarthy...

heretoday
06-10-2014, 06:55 AM
Got to be Naisy. Everton would be the poorer without him in what has proved to be a very tough start to the season. I remember him coming on as a sub in the 2007 CIS Cup final.

Speedy
06-10-2014, 07:43 AM
James McCarthy...

It really is a shame we don't have him and McGeady.

They'd both be a big boost to our team. Particularly McGeady at the moment but McCarthy would be he natural replacement for Fletcher.

jacomo
06-10-2014, 08:59 AM
Got to be Naisy. Everton would be the poorer without him in what has proved to be a very tough start to the season. I remember him coming on as a sub in the 2007 CIS Cup final.

I remember Hibs made a £1m offer for him...

Billychaotic182
06-10-2014, 09:01 AM
Andy Robertson has to be up there

DH1875
06-10-2014, 09:11 AM
I remember Hibs made a £1m offer for him...

£850k.....