PDA

View Full Version : Scotland games

Speedy
05-10-2014, 12:06 PM
Haven't been able to find a thread on the Scotland squad.

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Celtic), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Craig Forsyth (Derby County), Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers). Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Crystal Palace), Scott Brown (Celtic), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Chris Burke (Nottingham Forest), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Ryan Gauld (Sporting Lisbon), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic), James McArthur (Crystal Palace), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sunderland), Steven May (Sheffield Wednesday), Chris Martin (Derby County), Steven Naismith (Everton)

Line up something like this?

......................Marshall.................... ....

Hutton.....Martin.........Hanley.......Robertson

.........Brown..............Fletcher

Anya........................................Morris on

.............Naismith............................
............................Fletcher.............

California-Hibs
05-10-2014, 02:49 PM
Haven't been able to find a thread on the Scotland squad.

Goalkeepers: Craig Gordon (Celtic), David Marshall (Cardiff City), Allan McGregor (Hull City)

Defenders: Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Craig Forsyth (Derby County), Gordon Greer (Brighton and Hove Albion), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers). Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Mark Reynolds (Aberdeen), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Steven Whittaker (Norwich City)

Midfielders: Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Crystal Palace), Scott Brown (Celtic), Craig Bryson (Derby County), Chris Burke (Nottingham Forest), Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion), Darren Fletcher (Manchester United), Ryan Gauld (Sporting Lisbon), Shaun Maloney (Wigan Athletic), James McArthur (Crystal Palace), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion)

Forwards: Steven Fletcher (Sunderland), Steven May (Sheffield Wednesday), Chris Martin (Derby County), Steven Naismith (Everton)

Line up something like this?

......................Marshall.................... ....

Hutton.....Martin.........Hanley.......Robertson

.........Brown..............Fletcher

Anya........................................Morris on

.............Naismith............................
............................Fletcher.............

I really like the look of the Scotlandteam these days, some real quality in there. I truly believe we will qualify for our first tournament since 98. The midfield of Brown, Fletcher, Morrison, Anya, is very strong, full of goals pace skill and drive. Then throw in Naismith and Fletcher - two guys scoring in one of the top leagues in the world. We're doing alright.

The defense could definitely be better, but I still rate all the individuals above.

Very exciting times under Strachen compaired to previous years.

Mentalbarnett
05-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Most likely for the first game but in poland we may end up going 4-5-1.

Nameless
05-10-2014, 08:59 PM
If Jordan Rhodes isn't injured, then it is a sin that he hasn't been selected.

weonlywon6-2
05-10-2014, 09:06 PM
Had a look at the entrance fee for saturday,what a rip off,£35 for an adult and £15 for kids

SteveHFC
05-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Had a look at the entrance fee for saturday,what a rip off,£35 for an adult and £15 for kids

The England game next month is £55 :grr:

LaMotta
05-10-2014, 09:12 PM

Kids tickets 15 quid in the family section only......which has been sold out for a while meaning have to pay full price for bairns. Expensive day out for a family.

Saturday Boy
05-10-2014, 09:16 PM

I was in Lisbon last weekend (sorry for the place-drop) and paid €38 for the cheapest seats to see Sporting play Porto. I think ticket prices are only going one way. Stirling University v. Albion Rovers was £7 this afternoon. The only way to see cheap football is to go junior or Lowland League.

weonlywon6-2
05-10-2014, 09:19 PM
I was in Lisbon last weekend (sorry for the place-drop) and paid €38 for the cheapest seats to see Sporting play Porto. I think ticket prices are only going one way. Stirling University v. Albion Rovers was £7 this afternoon. The only way to see cheap football is to go junior or Lowland League.

I still think its steep,15 &5 would have been decent to get a good crowd in

Saturday Boy
05-10-2014, 09:23 PM
I still think its steep,15 &5 would have been decent to get a good crowd in

I agree, unlike club football, where ticket money pays the bills, for internationals the price structure should be an encouragement to fill the ground and back the team, not an excuse to mug the punters.

heretoday
06-10-2014, 07:03 AM
Internationals are a big bore. They break up the football season just when it's getting interesting and clubs risk losing guys to injury. They should come up with a way to play fewer internationals.

Speedy
06-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Internationals are a big bore. They break up the football season just when it's getting interesting and clubs risk losing guys to injury. They should come up with a way to play fewer internationals.

I like the Scotland games. Don't care about most of the others so does make for a boring weekend when Scotland aren't playing.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2014, 07:57 AM

Well under the current owner we could see that quite soon.:rolleyes:

R'Albin
06-10-2014, 09:04 AM
Well under the current owner we could see that quite soon.:rolleyes:

Excluding the cheap bit.

Keith_M
06-10-2014, 09:06 AM

I don't think that's expensive for an International game, especially when Scotland are actually playing quite well.

DH1875
06-10-2014, 09:10 AM
I don't think that's expensive for an International game, especially when Scotland are actually playing quite well.

Have to agree :agree:

DarrenSQH
06-10-2014, 09:10 AM
My ticket was 32 for saturday. Bit high but goes along with the price of football in general.

WeeRussell
06-10-2014, 11:11 AM

I think they're brilliant.

Looking forward to going to support my team with the expectation that we'll get a result, along with a good performance in a positive atmosphere.

givescotlandfreedom
06-10-2014, 01:39 PM
The England game next month is £55 :grr:

That's scandalous, it's not even a competitive game. I wouldn't pay more than £25 for it.

Lost_Mackem
06-10-2014, 09:43 PM
Hoping to see Fletcher get a good run of games under his belt for Scotland, think his brace for Sunderland at the weekend should get his confidence on the right track!

He's brilliant in the air, not seen someone as good as him in that department at Sunderland since the days of Niall Quinn!

Dreading that Scotland V England game next month like, I'd take a draw right now to be honest. If you do beat us though I'd rather the winning goal be scored by Fletcher.

I know Hibs fans will probably not take kindly to me saying this given his Hearts connections but Craig Gordon is an awesome keeper. Such a shame that he suffered so badly with injuries in his career. Some of the saves I seen him make for us were just incredible. During latter half of 2009/10 he just seemed to pull of saves that I didn't think a human being could make.

Speedy
07-10-2014, 07:42 AM
Hoping to see Fletcher get a good run of games under his belt for Scotland, think his brace for Sunderland at the weekend should get his confidence on the right track!

He's brilliant in the air, not seen someone as good as him in that department at Sunderland since the days of Niall Quinn!

Dreading that Scotland V England game next month like, I'd take a draw right now to be honest. If you do beat us though I'd rather the winning goal be scored by Fletcher.

I know Hibs fans will probably not take kindly to me saying this given his Hearts connections but Craig Gordon is an awesome keeper. Such a shame that he suffered so badly with injuries in his career. Some of the saves I seen him make for us were just incredible. During latter half of 2009/10 he just seemed to pull of saves that I didn't think a human being could make.

Agree with both points.

I'd leave Marshall in goals for now though, I'd say he's earned it. Gordon definitely ahead of McGregor for me.

Frazerbob
07-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Really looking forward to this double header. Taking my Aberdeen supporting step son to his first Scotland game on Saturday. We don't get to go to games when we support the same team so this will be special.

Then it's off to Poland for a couple of days on the beer with the boys. Good times!

DH1875
07-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Why are we playing on Sat? I get we are in the championship but our game is only one of two that are getting played that day.

Billy Whizz
07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Why are we playing on Sat? I get we are in the championship but our game is only one of two that are getting played that day.

One of the games has been moved to the Friday night, which we tried to do as well, cowdenbeath v rangers had been postponed due to Rangers have 3 players called up for international duty, although one off them was suspended. The Livi game has been cancelled as they are playing in the Petrofac semi final on the Sunday

West hamBERNIAN
07-10-2014, 10:26 AM
That's scandalous, it's not even a competitive game. I wouldn't pay more than £25 for it.

I'm sure I heard on radio prices start at £25. That just kids in the gods?

SteveHFC
08-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Just been offered a free ticket for the Scotland game on Saturday. So will be there instead of watching us struggle against Dumbarton. :wink:

Potty78
08-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Off to Warsaw Mon, looking forward to some cheap and strong vodka:)

Lucius Apuleius
08-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Just been offered a free ticket for the Scotland game on Saturday. So will be there instead of watching us struggle against Dumbarton. :wink:

Sure you will still be logged on whinging. ;-)

SteveHFC
08-10-2014, 08:19 PM
Sure you will still be logged on whinging. ;-)

Most likely mate.