PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing but...

Keith_M
05-10-2014, 07:46 AM
...not the end of the world.

Sorry to against the grain but I refuse to start slitting my wrists over dropping two points yesterday. IMHO, some people had become a bit too excited by Monday's result and expected us to suddenly be winnng every game.

We are where we are, in the middle of the Championship with a young Manager and limited resources. However, I think Stubbs is learning and we'll improve gradually. Perhaps not in time to actually WIN this league but that's just part of the situation we're in. If we don't win it, there's no reason we can't at least be in the mix for promotion via the Play-Offs.

Constantly harping on about 'how low we've sunk' after every dissapoining result isn't going to help anybody.

p.s. Did I mention the boost we'll get when Sparky signs in January :wink:

Gatecrasher
05-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Sorry but I refuse to be content with a point at home to any team in this league. Whether that's realistic or not I don't care I expect much more from Hibs.

Seven up
05-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Yep..... The extremes in comments from Monday to today show just how fickle our supporters are....bugs the Hell out of me!

Waxy
05-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Agree. We can't be disrespecting the teams around us saying we should be beating them.we're clearly not THAT good but we can certainly make it to the playoffs, perhaps with a couple of great january signings.

easty
05-10-2014, 08:15 AM
There's nothing about a draw at home to Raith that should be acceptable.

Keith_M
05-10-2014, 08:15 AM
Sorry but I refuse to be content with a point at home to any team in this league. Whether that's realistic or not I don't care I expect much more from Hibs.

You obviously missed the word 'dissapointing' from the thread title.

davidw
05-10-2014, 08:17 AM
Yep..... The extremes in comments from Monday to today show just how fickle our supporters are....bugs the Hell out of me!

There is a desperate need for some realism here. However disappointing (aka crap) it is, we are both a team, and a club, in transition. An almighty mess was inherited from Butcher, and it will take time to sort. We will sort it and improve gradually, I'm sure, with some highs (e.g. Ibrox) and some lows (er, take your pick) along the way. Given all that, and the other teams in the league, I don't think winning the league was ever a realistic aim, but a play-off place is. I suspect that's what Stubbs' (realistic, deep down) aim is. There's still a chance we may be aided in that by The Rangers/Sevco/whoever-they-are going into administration again before the season is out.

It's not great, but we need to be realistic about the situation we're in and - at the risk of cliché - be aware of the 'bigger' picture.

ian cruise
05-10-2014, 08:18 AM
I'm not happy however I've believed for years the gap between the spl and top half of the championship was minimal so i'm not surprised but our results, more suprised at hearts to be honest. I do think they will start to lose sooner rather than later. Most important thi g for us is just to keep our focus on improving ourselves and not get distracted by the rangers and hearts at the minute.

Heisenberg
05-10-2014, 08:19 AM

Sorry to against the grain but I refuse to start slitting my wrists over dropping two points yesterday. IMHO, some people had become a bit too excited by Monday's result and expected us to suddenly be winnng every game.

We are where we are, in the middle of the Championship with a young Manager and limited resources. However, I think Stubbs is learning and we'll improve gradually. Perhaps not in time to actually WIN this league but that's just part of the situation we're in. If we don't win it, there's no reason we can't at least be in the mix for promotion via the Play-Offs.

Constantly harping on about 'how low we've sunk' after every dissapoining result isn't going to help anybody.

Good post.

Ray_
05-10-2014, 08:22 AM

To me it doesn't show the support to be fickle, it shows how desperate, after years of crap, they are for success.

What it also shows that while the team can play superbly at sitting back and hitting on the break, they do not have the talent or guile to actually break down a team who does the reverse on us & therefore we need better players than we have now.

Scott Allan Key
05-10-2014, 08:25 AM

Sometimes I wonder if only you and I believe in Hibs. Shall we start the Boot room at Easter Road, Keekaboo? They did give me free ticket at Anfield for a European game. Because I was a Toffee man with a sense of humour.

That is the spooky thoughts of Alan Stubbs too, possibly.

Phil D. Rolls
05-10-2014, 08:26 AM

If you remove yourself from reality too much it can become dangerous.

Gatecrasher
05-10-2014, 08:29 AM
You obviously missed the word 'dissapointing' from the thread title.
And then spend your whole post pretty much accepting the position we are in? And limited resources? Outside Rangers we are the most resourced ****ing team in this league and we still can't compete!
We are not a premiership team relegated to the first division like Hearts we are a mid table first division club that doesn't look like making any improvements any time soon.

Lets be brutally honest here, our start to the season has been horrible and it's no wonder the support is becoming restless as our 'ambition' to win the league was a lie and a promotion spot doesn't look like anything other than false hope, so yeah another year in the championship sounds a lot of fun right enough.

Nameless
05-10-2014, 08:31 AM
What it also shows that while the team can play superbly at sitting back and hitting on the break, they do not have the talent or guile to actually break down a team who does the reverse on us & therefore we need better players than we have now.

Nail on head!!

This is exactly what worries me. The only teams in the league where we can counter punch are Hearts and The Rangers, as they will both attack us. Despite what people may think, we are still seen as a scalp to the other 7 teams, so cagey, breakaway football is not going to damage them. We need to have an aggressive, front foot approach against them. Our lack of fight(not will, or desire) has been exposed in all our defeats so far.

KeithTheHibby
05-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Anything less than 3rd in this league is a massive failure end of. Appreciated we are only 8 games in and a lot can change however I am yet to be convinced that this squad is good enough to achieve this.

Ronniekirk
05-10-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm not happy however I've believed for years the gap between the spl and top half of the championship was minimal so i'm not surprised but our results, more suprised at hearts to be honest. I do think they will start to lose sooner rather than later. Most important thi g for us is just to keep our focus on improving ourselves and not get distracted by the rangers and hearts at the minute.
Don't disagree with your point about we need to keep on focusing on improving ourselves but yesterday was perfect oppertunity to build on two previous performances and do just that .Thats where the Dissapointment comes in we won't get better oppertunity than that .if we can't keep confidence going on back of Ibrox win then when are we .i think we were entitled to expect a win yesterday .

As for everyone making comments like hearts will start to loose sooner than later .yes at some point they will loose a game no question of that but they don't look like a squad that will go on a losing streak to me .after thier draw with Dumbarton they bounced straight back ,after thier defeat by Celtic they took five off of Livi . I think some people need to wake up to the fact they are a squad with self belief and Resiliance and that's something we sadly lack .
But I am not really interested in them am more concerned with how we can improve and to do that we have to find a way to win home games and there was no better time than yesterday to do that .

on the plus side my wife said it was an improvement from the Cowdenbeath game but she was getting more excited than me during the game.

Itsnoteasy
05-10-2014, 09:06 AM

Cannae see that happening after his comments on the angel. Lets just causesome uunwanted rest in the camp.

B.H.F.C
05-10-2014, 09:24 AM
I didn't really expect us to hit the ground running in the way Hearts have. But to only have taken 10 points from 24 is unacceptable IMO. To be 12 points of the pace at this stage is poor.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 09:24 AM

:agree: Expectations exceed realism and have done for years.

Sammy7nil
05-10-2014, 09:29 AM
There is a desperate need for some realism here. However disappointing (aka crap) it is, we are both a team, and a club, in transition. An almighty mess was inherited from Butcher, and it will take time to sort. We will sort it and improve gradually, I'm sure, with some highs (e.g. Ibrox) and some lows (er, take your pick) along the way. Given all that, and the other teams in the league, I don't think winning the league was ever a realistic aim, but a play-off place is. I suspect that's what Stubbs' (realistic, deep down) aim is. There's still a chance we may be aided in that by The Rangers/Sevco/whoever-they-are going into administration again before the season is out.

It's not great, but we need to be realistic about the situation we're in and - at the risk of cliché - be aware of the 'bigger' picture.

When does the realism stop ? We have been poor for over six years with no end in sight. Yet again we confirmed we are a soft touch scoring just before ht should have given us a lift instead we sat back and were BOSSED by RAith. We did not have one meaningful effort on goal in the 2nd 45. That is unacceptable.

Forza Fred
05-10-2014, 09:32 AM
I didn't really expect us to hit the ground running in the way Hearts have. But to only have taken 10 points from 24 is unacceptable IMO. To be 12 points of the pace at this stage is poor.

And if we consider a home draw against Raith a Rovers as acceptable, then we will be in this division for years.

The players manager and board have to live up to our expectations.

And that is to be a Premier league team.

Not steam whose equals and indeed betters appear to be in this division.

We are in danger of losing support from youngsters if we remain in this league for too long and that will have a long term impact.

John_the_angus_hibby
05-10-2014, 09:34 AM
It's not just the mess derived from Butcher. It's been a host of managers and poor executive management that has almost institutionalised failure and the dysfunctionality we have all witnessed.

We were never destined for an immediate Phoenix like turnaround. The rot was too deep. It will be a slow process. But 4 points from 6 in a week is not great but an improvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 09:34 AM
When does the realism stop ? We have been poor for over six years with no end in sight. Yet again we confirmed we are a soft touch scoring just before ht should have given us a lift instead we sat back and were BOSSED by RAith. We did not have one meaningful effort on goal in the 2nd 45. That is unacceptable.

When we get better and have the right to say "we shouldn't lose to them or we should be beating these teams" unfortunately it doesn't look like anytime soon, we simply don't have the right to claim who we should beat anymore, that's how poor we have become sadly.

Itsnoteasy
05-10-2014, 09:38 AM

Cannae see that happening after his comments on the angel. Lets just causesome uunwanted rest in the camp.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2014, 09:48 AM

See the situation we are in currently means promotion this season is almost essential. If we don't win the league, and that's mission impossible now, then the play offs is hugely difficult to negotiate. If we finish 3rd we would have to play the team that finished 4th twice, the team that finished 2nd twice then a Premiership team twice. That's 6 tricky games to get through.

Given the thinly veiled warnings, bordering on threats, about our financial state pre season then it seems we can ill afford the kind of season we are currently having. We scraped to just over 7K STs this season after what amounted to a desperate plea. Can we expect that after another season in the 2nd tier. The available evidence from the pretty grim 1980s suggest not. How do we cope with the substantial drop in revenue next season given our financial state is already poor and our squad still lacking? I also don't see our new backroom set up, and the costs that go with it, can be sustainable for a Championship sode long term.

I'd love to be optimistic about Hibs right now but what I'm seeing on and off the park leaves me very, very concerned.

Eyrie
05-10-2014, 09:52 AM
I can accept yesterday's result, but not the performance which was poor.

We have to play with pace and penetration against defensive minded teams - easy for me to say that sitting at a keyboard, but ultimately it's the manager's job to recognise the problem and fix it either by changing tactics and formation or by using different players if those selected aren't doing what they are told.

Real Emerald
05-10-2014, 10:18 AM

The realism is that Hibs are a much bigger full time club than the majority in this division and should be streets ahead of the others bar Hearts and Rangers. apart from Ranges we haven't been convincing against anyone and even for a team in transition this is worrying for a club like Hibs.

Also, while I agree Stubbs inherited a mess, it was Fenlon's mess not Butchers given Butcher signed no one.

emerald green
05-10-2014, 10:19 AM
To me it doesn't show the support to be fickle, it shows how desperate, after years of crap, they are for success.

:agree: Folk were getting too carried away just because we beat the worst Rangers team I can recall in my lifetime.

Even so, I was "over the moon" Hibs beat them, especially at Ibrox, but then I have to say it came as no surprise whatsoever to me (many?) that Hibs were unable to follow that result up with another three points against Raith Rovers, at home.

A lot of Hibs supporters I know, have had too many "disappointments" now. Hence why we can't get 10,000 to turn up at ER on a nice afternoon having just won at Ibrox in midweek.

Hibeewilly
05-10-2014, 10:45 AM
And if we consider a home draw against Raith a Rovers as acceptable, then we will be in this division for years.

We are in danger of losing support from youngsters if we remain in this league for too long and that will have a long term impact.
Excellent post Fred

Ozyhibby
05-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Stubbs is under performing his budget by a distance. He needs to sort this quickly before he loses his first management job.
I think that's a realistic assessment.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 11:02 AM

After listening to Ms Dempster yesterday i pretty much doubt Griffiths will be leaving celtc any time soon and by the looks of his twitter account he seems pretty happy through West.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 11:08 AM
:agree: Expectations exceed realism and have done for years.

Yeah, how dare we expect to be playing top flight football and even dream about a top six finish, silly talk so it is.

Ozyhibby
05-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Yeah, how dare we expect to be playing top flight football and even dream about a top six finish, silly talk so it is.

Acceptance of failure is growing, people delighted we beat Ross County and now some saying a home draw with Raith is ok as we are now unbeaten in three.

Real Emerald
05-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Acceptance of failure is growing, people delighted we beat Ross County and now some saying a home draw with Raith is ok as we are now unbeaten in three.

Yup, the more we accept results like drawing at home to Raith Roves is ok the further we will fall. We need to be ruthless and demand success at this level.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 11:20 AM
When we get better and have the right to say "we shouldn't lose to them or we should be beating these teams" unfortunately it doesn't look like anytime soon, we simply don't have the right to claim who we should beat anymore, that's how poor we have become sadly.

That's exactly what we should be saying about teams in this league, some of them being part time clubs as well, the budget is there so that we bring in better players than other clubs in this league so yes we should be beating the likes of Raith Alloa and QOTS, but we just plod on being soft touches and excepting this pish.

Does Stubbs only do mind games against the Rangers.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2014, 11:20 AM

We have a team and a support who are not ruthless enough, there's always an excuse with our lot. Aye but if you'd gave me 4 points on Monday before the huns game i'd have snapped your hands off. Or we were unlucky, or the plastic pitch suits the opposition, or they defended deep with 10 men behind the ball.

I could go on for hours with the bloody excuses i hear every week. :rolleyes:

Ozyhibby
05-10-2014, 11:25 AM
We have a team and a support who are not ruthless enough, there's always an excuse with our lot. Aye but if you'd gave me 4 points on Monday before the huns game i'd have snapped your hands off. Or we were unlucky, or the plastic pitch suits the opposition, or they defended deep with 10 men behind the ball.

I could go on for hours with the bloody excuses i hear every week. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Lago
05-10-2014, 11:26 AM
[Qkeekaboo;4190833]...not the end of the world.

p.s. Did I mention the boost we'll get when Sparky signs in January :wink:[/QUOTE]
I don't disagree, but my worry is that hibs become another Dundee, up and down the leagues with a core support of 7k. I am old enough to remember when they were a very good side and had players like Ure, Cox, Hamilton, Gilzean etc. Don't want hibs to end up as a club with only memories of great times.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 11:58 AM

That's exactly what it is, silly talk with our current set up.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 12:01 PM
That's exactly what we should be saying about teams in this league, some of them being part time clubs as well, the budget is there so that we bring in better players than other clubs in this league so yes we should be beating the likes of Raith Alloa and QOTS, but we just plod on being soft touches and excepting this pish.

Does Stubbs only do mind games against the Rangers.

This pish has become the norm, the million dollar question is how do we turn it around?

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 12:03 PM

Anyone that wants to accept that pish as ok must be off their heads, I don't accept it I expect it, there is a big difference.

Mikey_1875
05-10-2014, 12:04 PM
Hearts and the rangers both knocked 4 past them away from home so its pretty difficult to come to terms with.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2014, 12:17 PM
This pish has become the norm, the million dollar question is how do we turn it around?

Move on the man who has overseen the slide into the curent situation? Along with the other board members who have nodded their heads and doffed their caps to him.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 12:30 PM
Move on the man who has overseen the slide into the curent situation? Along with the other board members who have nodded their heads and doffed their caps to him.

And then what? How long will it take, before we are able to put a team on the park that can perform at the top end of the SPL consistently.

Pretty Boy
05-10-2014, 12:55 PM
And then what? How long will it take, before we are able to put a team on the park that can perform at the top end of the SPL consistently.

It's a change that needs made regardless of timescale.

If we are to accept this is a long term project then we may as well do it properly and have the root and branch clearout that's desperately needed.

I could almost stomach another season or 2 of Championship football if complete boardroom change was made.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 12:58 PM
That's exactly what it is, silly talk with our current set up.

Are you saying Leeann Dempster has got things wrong, as this is a new set up, new coaches new youth set up new manager, manager say's he is happy with his signings, what's wrong with this set up that we can't beat part time clubs.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 12:59 PM

New owner/owners.

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 01:02 PM
Are you saying Leeann Dempster has got things wrong, as this is a new set up, new coaches new youth set up new manager, manager say's he is happy with his signings, what's wrong with this set up that we can't beat part time clubs.

Well somethings wrong because we can't, new manager, players, coaches yet it's still not happening on the pitch I wish I knew why. Maybe I need to give it time :confused:

Scouse Hibee
05-10-2014, 01:06 PM
New owner/owners.

Will that work, nothing else has? I only wish I knew, pissed off thinking every other change will make a difference then seeing the same old pish on the pitch against so called "lesser teams". Actually we are now one of those "lesser teams"! I backed a ****** loser here 20 odd years ago, should have went maroon :wink:

The Green Goblin
05-10-2014, 01:07 PM
It's a change that needs made regardless of timescale.

If we are to accept this is a long term project then we may as well do it properly and have the root and branch clearout that's desperately needed.

I could almost stomach another season or 2 of Championship football if complete boardroom change was made.

:agree: I`m surprised that the fact we still have the same board who led us here hasn`t gotten more attention tbh. Petrie is a given and at this point there`s little to be done about it, because the man hasn`t had the humility or grace to do the right thing and LD has been a welcome change, however I still have this fear that things will not end well there, if she is not given the autonomy she was promised.

We talk about certain players still playing for us who were part of last year`s failed team being a factor in our failure to get going on the park, but very little about it being the same board members who are still there and the ongoing effect that has.

silverhibee
05-10-2014, 01:27 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/webimage/1.3423464.1401184829!/image/2705102703.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/2705102703.jpg

The Green Goblin
05-10-2014, 02:11 PM
http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/webimage/1.3423464.1401184829!/image/2705102703.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleImgDeriv_628px/2705102703.jpg

Fair enough SH. I try to see as much as possible but will always probably miss a lot of other stuff from where I am. :wink:

Hibs7
05-10-2014, 03:23 PM
A lot of Hibs supporters I know, have had too many "disappointments" now. Hence why we can't get 10,000 to turn up at ER on a nice afternoon having just won at Ibrox in midweek.

And results like yesterday just continue to make it worse as the crowds will dwindle, until we start beating the " smaller" teams by 3 and 4 goals!!

Alfred E Newman
05-10-2014, 03:36 PM
:agree: Folk were getting too carried away just because we beat the worst Rangers team I can recall in my lifetime.

Even so, I was "over the moon" Hibs beat them, especially at Ibrox, but then I have to say it came as no surprise whatsoever to me (many?) that Hibs were unable to follow that result up with another three points against Raith Rovers, at home.

Concidering our erratic home form in recent times ,I thought yesterdays attendance wasn't too bad. Just under 10000 was a couple of thousand more than Scotland's "game of the day" at Dens.

emerald green
05-10-2014, 05:11 PM
And results like yesterday just continue to make it worse as the crowds will dwindle, until we start beating the " smaller" teams by 3 and 4 goals!!

:agree: Although Hibs don't have to win by 3/4 goals each week. It would be great if they could! Just win matches on a fairly regular basis, even if it means "winning ugly" sometimes.

Concidering our erratic home form in recent times ,I thought yesterdays attendance wasn't too bad. Just under 10000 was a couple of thousand more than Scotland's "game of the day" at Dens.

I agree to an extent. Going by Scottish football attendances generally, Hibs crowds are pretty good given what the supporters have suffered for several seasons now. How long that lasts for remains to be seen.

What I was driving at was if there was a team winning matches regularly, challenging seriously for promotion, 14/15,000 crowds would be at ER.

Getting a winning team on the pitch is the only way Hibs will get back the missing fans. Quite a few I've spoken to have stated quite clearly to me they have "had enough".

truehibernian
05-10-2014, 05:40 PM
This season reminds me of John Hughes first season - in respect of our neighbours Hearts.

If you remember, in that season we got off to a wee flyer and scored a fair few goals. However I'm reminded, and he was correct, in what Michael Stewart said that season after the first round of games........Hibs had the luck.......and we did. We fluked a couple of games, got some decisions for penalties, a post and a crossbar helped here and there. Derek, Stokesy and Benji all scored a few.

Then came Rangers at Ibrox......and the decline in performances and in confidence.

By the end of that season we were hanging on to fourth, the 6-6 game came and went, and we relied on a weakened United team to get a victory to see us over the line IIRC.

We are a fair bit behind of Hearts and The Rangers that much is true. But we have also had a missed penalty v Hearts, Farid injured when he had hit the ground running, Danny sent off v The Rangers when really it was a yellow......we are still in the cup with a home tie, we are fifth and have a few decent games at home. And the side are getting game time together. The Hearts side were always going to do well as they introduced their youngsters earlier than anticipated last year and they have some games under the belt at top level. They added good, solid, and energetic midfielders with SPL expererience too in Gomis and Bauben.

We have added a lot of youth and players who have not had much football. Allan, McGeouch, Gray, Oxley, Farid, Fontaine......all good additions but have been lacking in games. We are only a couple of cup games and 8 league games in. Hearts never outplayed us, we comfortably beat The Rangers, we should have buried Falkirk......the sore ones for me were Alloa and QotS. Good stirring comebacks v 'Beath and 'Sons when let's face it, last season we would have folded meekly.

Business end of the season is where it's at......and we will be there.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2014, 06:05 PM
This season reminds me of John Hughes first season - in respect of our neighbours Hearts.

If you remember, in that season we got off to a wee flyer and scored a fair few goals. However I'm reminded, and he was correct, in what Michael Stewart said that season after the first round of games........Hibs had the luck.......and we did. We fluked a couple of games, got some decisions for penalties, a post and a crossbar helped here and there. Derek, Stokesy and Benji all scored a few.

Then came Rangers at Ibrox......and the decline in performances and in confidence.

By the end of that season we were hanging on to fourth, the 6-6 game came and went, and we relied on a weakened United team to get a victory to see us over the line IIRC.

We are a fair bit behind of Hearts and The Rangers that much is true. But we have also had a missed penalty v Hearts, Farid injured when he had hit the ground running, Danny sent off v The Rangers when really it was a yellow......we are still in the cup with a home tie, we are fifth and have a few decent games at home. And the side are getting game time together. The Hearts side were always going to do well as they introduced their youngsters earlier than anticipated last year and they have some games under the belt at top level. They added good, solid, and energetic midfielders with SPL expererience too in Gomis and Bauben.

We have added a lot of youth and players who have not had much football. Allan, McGeouch, Gray, Oxley, Farid, Fontaine......all good additions but have been lacking in games. We are only a couple of cup games and 8 league games in. Hearts never outplayed us, we comfortably beat The Rangers, we should have buried Falkirk......the sore ones for me were Alloa and QotS. Good stirring comebacks v 'Beath and 'Sons when let's face it, last season we would have folded meekly.

Business end of the season is where it's at......and we will be there.

Why would you say that, we don't have a history of coming late and winning things? Give me a team thats up there early and has the chance to throw things away, rather than being nowhere near all season.

neil7908
05-10-2014, 06:07 PM
We're playing SPL prices to watch the club on the basis that this funds a higher calibre of player that would be out of reach for clubs like Raith, Alloa etc, for the purpose of winning the league (the clubs stated aim a matter of months ago) - surely we are entitled to then expect to beat them, particularly at ER?

That doesn't mean win every game but Hearts have shown that its certainly possible to do that so far. Sure they may not keep it up over the course of the season but we should have nothing to fear from teams in this league.

Onion
05-10-2014, 06:17 PM

:agree: Monday was a simply blip in our downward spiral to bottom :wink:

majorhibs
05-10-2014, 06:19 PM
If you remove yourself from reality too much it can become dangerous.

Too much time in a taxi on your own has removed YOU from any reality FR. The statement you replied to was spot on. Should actually apply to us in the division ABOVE where we are now, with the resources available to the people who run our club.compared to the clubs around us Just get real a minute FR. I know it will be on your case as much as mine, but think back one year. Would you say the charity thieves should be where they are now, compared to Hibs? Exactly! The imbecile who has taken Hibs to this point must go pronto, & Hibs fans should be allowed to be optimistic about saturdays again. Now is unacceptable!

truehibernian
05-10-2014, 06:21 PM
Why would you say that, we don't have a history of coming late and winning things? Give me a team thats up there early and has the chance to throw things away, rather than being nowhere near all season.

Play off v Airdrie - won
Play off v Hamilton - lost.........that is our recent play off record over the years.

Won a cup in 2007, won SC Cup semi finals v 'Dons and Falkirk more recently (where we came back), beating Hearts in a cup tie the game after our worst defeat to them in the same cup.....

Let's not get too despondent after 8 games........we have to be and we will be in the top 4. Not sure as yet what position, but we will be.

majorhibs
05-10-2014, 08:10 PM
Play off v Airdrie - won
Play off v Hamilton - lost.........that is our recent play off record over the years.

Won a cup in 2007, won SC Cup semi finals v 'Dons and Falkirk more recently (where we came back), beating Hearts in a cup tie the game after our worst defeat to them in the same cup.....

Let's not get too despondent after 8 games........we have to be and we will be in the top 4. Not sure as yet what position, but we will be.

Youve gotta share out some of the good glue you are receiving. Where is all this optimism from, you seen the team, the squad, the results? Thats the reality of this season. Big numbers out, small numbers in (although I admit the players in are higher standard than before) the same jokers driving the bus, BUT all people happy with this, this year, yet again, ANOTHER year the charity thieves are laughing at us, I am sorry, this year, along with all Petries years, is unnacceptable! This year of all years when we should have been challenging at the top. Disgusting running of a club.

truehibernian
05-10-2014, 08:22 PM
Youve gotta share out some of the good glue you are receiving. Where is all this optimism from, you seen the team, the squad, the results? Thats the reality of this season. Big numbers out, small numbers in (although I admit the players in are higher standard than before) the same jokers driving the bus, BUT all people happy with this, this year, yet again, ANOTHER year the charity thieves are laughing at us, I am sorry, this year, along with all Petries years, is unnacceptable! This year of all years when we should have been challenging at the top. Disgusting running of a club.

Still in the League Cup after a tricky away tie at County where our new striker scored two cracking headers and we kept a clean sheet........followed up with a lovely 3-1 away win at a place we were all expecting a defeat.........then a weekend draw where we should have won by half time........new manager, new backroom team, better mood at East Mains, very positive enthusiastic manager new to the position.

I want RP out as much as anyone, but RP isn't the one missing the chances we are missing at vital points in games. Hibs need the clinical finishing we had at Ibrox and up at Dingwall. That will come with games and players beginning to understand each other. Stubbs' signings have all been good as far as I can see. He knows what he wants and he takes time in doing so.

I keep rattling on about it, we will be wildly inconsistent this season, with really good but bizarre wins, followed with some ugly defeats. But at some point we will string 6 or 7 on the spin, I'm convinced of it.

I'll even go as far as to say this side will inflict Hearts first defeat of the season in the league in a few games time. There's yer optimism for you :aok:

Crazyhorse
05-10-2014, 08:49 PM

And the important thing is not to complain in case we upset our masters Farmer/Petrie. We should pay up and endure the ***** served by these jokers. Anyone who doesn't like it should get lost and come back when they've consumed a healthy dose of realism and realised how small a club Hibs really are.

majorhibs
05-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Still in the League Cup after a tricky away tie at County where our new striker scored two cracking headers and we kept a clean sheet........followed up with a lovely 3-1 away win at a place we were all expecting a defeat.........then a weekend draw where we should have won by half time........new manager, new backroom team, better mood at East Mains, very positive enthusiastic manager new to the position.

I want RP out as much as anyone, but RP isn't the one missing the chances we are missing at vital points in games. Hibs need the clinical finishing we had at Ibrox and up at Dingwall. That will come with games and players beginning to understand each other. Stubbs' signings have all been good as far as I can see. He knows what he wants and he takes time in doing so.

I keep rattling on about it, we will be wildly inconsistent this season, with really good but bizarre wins, followed with some ugly defeats. But at some point we will string 6 or 7 on the spin, I'm convinced of it.

I'll even go as far as to say this side will inflict Hearts first defeat of the season in the league in a few games time. There's yer optimism for you :aok:

Fair play, right back at me, but were you no involved in the last 2 "adventures" as Petrie last called it, in the division below? At this stage, even, you need to be racking up the points. You just cannot afford to drop home points against teams that frankly are not your rivals for the title, listen, in Hibs last 2 times in lower divisions ANY points dropped home or away were regarded as a disaster. Were you not there? We are just flinging points away all the time, & everyones giving this big "its OK, its transition, its a new manager" nonsense- stop it. Time for points is yesterday. I am stuck with my team but if I was a youngster watching Hibs get humbled year after year because of an incompetent stubborn clueless about football Buffoon like Rod Petrie, & I had a choice to make it would not be towards anything that had all the adults who had been following that team for yon time who were bailing out due to the. Continued. Mediocrity on show, or where the home fans after many years of underaceivement. Are quick on theoffensive, basically Rod Petrie has built an Arena for people & so chronically mismanaged it that as a spectacle & as entertainment, youngsters just will not want to be within a mile of Easter Road. Taking my son back for first time in a few years as he had an injury & couldnae make his under 14s, he was laughing throughout, asking why I did it, asking why things were so far slipped from when we used to go to all games 5/6 years ago, & what can you say to him. Sorry Son, Petries run us into the ground? He said he cant wait to get back to fitness cos then he'll be playing & I cannae drag him to E.R. No more. Cheers Petrie, you've put my son of being a Hibby. Dont know what it is you think your doing with the club, but at times IMO you are destroying its future.

eastterrace
05-10-2014, 09:06 PM

we have no chance of winning 6 or 7 on the spin, we will be doing well to win that many home games never mind on the spin. as for the derby would you trust that lot to beat hearts ( well you do) , i just hope your right.

Crazyhorse
05-10-2014, 09:15 PM
[QUOTE=keekaboo;4190833]...not the end of the world.

"that just part of the situation we're in" It sounds like nothing is attributable in the universe you are describing. I would argue we have ended up in this situation because we have constantly lowered our expectations of what we expect from a Hibs team. If you are content with hovering around the fringes of the play offs that's fine you are the perfect demographic for a Farmer/Petrie lead HFC. Enjoy your season mate.

truehibernian
05-10-2014, 09:42 PM
Fair play, right back at me, but were you no involved in the last 2 "adventures" as Petrie last called it, in the division below? At this stage, even, you need to be racking up the points. You just cannot afford to drop home points against teams that frankly are not your rivals for the title, listen, in Hibs last 2 times in lower divisions ANY points dropped home or away were regarded as a disaster. Were you not there? We are just flinging points away all the time, & everyones giving this big "its OK, its transition, its a new manager" nonsense- stop it. Time for points is yesterday. I am stuck with my team but if I was a youngster watching Hibs get humbled year after year because of an incompetent stubborn clueless about football Buffoon like Rod Petrie, & I had a choice to make it would not be towards anything that had all the adults who had been following that team for yon time who were bailing out due to the. Continued. Mediocrity on show, or where the home fans after many years of underaceivement. Are quick on theoffensive, basically Rod Petrie has built an Arena for people & so chronically mismanaged it that as a spectacle & as entertainment, youngsters just will not want to be within a mile of Easter Road. Taking my son back for first time in a few years as he had an injury & couldnae make his under 14s, he was laughing throughout, asking why I did it, asking why things were so far slipped from when we used to go to all games 5/6 years ago, & what can you say to him. Sorry Son, Petries run us into the ground? He said he cant wait to get back to fitness cos then he'll be playing & I cannae drag him to E.R. No more. Cheers Petrie, you've put my son of being a Hibby. Dont know what it is you think your doing with the club, but at times IMO you are destroying its future.

Can't argue that youngsters are only there really 'cos of family ties etc......I caught the tail end of the Tornadoes 'cos of my old man (I was very young), yet endured the 80's which were far worse than this in my opinion - football was chronic and it was actually the fans that made me go to games as the support was absolutely 'the mental Hibees'.

I simply cannot sit back though and listen to fans rip into a side whose manager is literally only 10 games into a season, with a squad just newly assembled after a crushing relegation. Hibs were on a life support machine in May/June........we are however recovering, getting there, and there seems to be a definite football plan. There have been only two games out the 10 or so that we have really played poorly and that is v Alloa and Queens. First half yesterday we should have been comfortable 2-0 maybe even 3-0 (mind they did hit the bar too of course).

If we beat Dundee United, and it's an ask but a possibility, then we are in the semi final of a cup again.......I said a few weeks ago, I can see us doing well in the cups this season as they are a good distraction from exactly this kind of weekend. And, like any lower division side drawn against a top league side, you raise your game subconsciously.

For that reason I am not worried after what I have seen the first 8 league games.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2014, 10:11 PM
Play off v Airdrie - won

I agree we have come back a few times in games, every club will do that. I was meaning in the league, we always have folk telling us how we are only 2 point from the top 6 or we are only 6 points off 2nd place, only to fail miserably to reach the top 6 or even a European place.

And the one time recently we did make a European place, we couldn't celebrate that because that apparently was not good enough because we scraped in?

When you are as poor as we have been and ALWAY needing a run of games to make any kind of decent position, i will take scraping in to 4th place in the SPL every time.

Hermit Crab
05-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Unless we see some major investment in the club and the manager is backed financially then this is how our seasons are going to go for the next X amount of years. 1 win then a couple of defeats and draws. Twice this season we've relied on the fitness of other teams failing in the final ten minutes of matches. ( dumbarton and cowdenbeath) we came back to win those games. While we won those matches we were a baw hair away from draws and to be fair both those teams were worthy of draws, as were raith worthy of their draw yesterday.

Other than ross county away have kept a clean sheet this season? No I don't think so. Our defence is leaky and I'm still not convinced with oxley who we might lose in January anyway. We really lack ideas on the park. Other than hearts and rangers coming to Easter rd then 3-5-2 will not work against the other sides who will come and sit in as raith did yesterday with a 4-5-1. Stubbs and the players have to remember that all the so called smaller teams in the league will raise their game against us as they see hibs as a big scalp to take in the league. There seems to be a bit of the "it's only Alloa or its only dumbarton we are playing attitude". We have to remember the teams were are playing are all in the league on merit and they are no pushovers.

If we can go out on the park and apply ourselves and play the way we know we can we will win more games than we lose, but if we go out with the attitude that "we're hibs" and we only need to turn up then we will end up with egg on our faces many more times this season.

Not angry about yesterday but not overly optimistic about the rest of the season either.

And thats that.