PDA

View Full Version : McGivern...Again

Sergey
04-10-2014, 11:51 PM
I'm watching the Football League highlights and Jesus - H - Christ, McGivern has conceded a simply shocking penalty.

This lad would struggle to get a game in the RPL (especially for the Met Police).

emerald green
05-10-2014, 10:04 AM
I'm watching the Football League highlights and Jesus - H - Christ, McGivern has conceded a simply shocking penalty.

This lad would struggle to get a game in the RPL (especially for the Met Police).

Absolute bombscare. Some posts on here in the past saying he was not a bad player, and so on.

Cost Hibs very dearly in the play off against Hamilton.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Absolute bombscare. Some posts on here in the past saying he was not a bad player, and so on.

Cost Hibs very dearly in the play off against Hamilton.

When he first arrived he was a good player, or if you like played well. He quickly seemed to find George St and take to the drink way too much.

Glad he's not at Easter Road now, and glad we dont play in the Rymans league, we'd probably lose in that too. :boo hoo:

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-10-2014, 11:09 AM
When he first arrived he was a good player, or if you like played well. He quickly seemed to find George St and take to the drink way too much.

Glad he's not at Easter Road now, and glad we dont play in the Rymans league, we'd probably lose in that too. :boo hoo:

Wouldn't even need to be the Met Police either mate. The local Leith bobbies could probably pop up to Easter Rd and leave with at least a point

zlatan
05-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Wouldn't even need to be the Met Police either mate. The local Leith bobbies could probably pop up to Easter Rd and leave with at least a point

I'd imagine they've taken many points from our players over the years

MrRobot
05-10-2014, 02:38 PM

Not being funny but he doesn't play for Hibs, just leave him be.

California-Hibs
05-10-2014, 02:52 PM
This was a guy who was never ever going to go on and make us regret what we've lost. Someone who never became worse when he signed for Hibs etc.

He is just an absolutely complete mediocre, bombscare of a player!

Unforgivable what he done in that Hamilton game. He played a maaassive part in relegating us!!!

TheFamous1875
05-10-2014, 02:59 PM
He's gone now.

He showed promise, he massively failed to live up to that promise and was another casualty of the malaise of Hibernian Football Club post 2007. He followed suit to the zeitgeist, lost form, lost ability, lost desire, gained George Street and left as another casualty.

He's gone now. In other words, **** him. It's in the past.

KeithTheHibby
06-10-2014, 06:40 AM

Total waster. When we signed him on a 2 year deal I was delighted as I thought he had a great first season. How wrong you can be about a player..

Ronniekirk
06-10-2014, 07:36 AM

We did well to off load him when we did incidents like you are describing just confirm we did the right thing .

jacomo
06-10-2014, 09:35 AM

I thought he had potential too. Another failure for Hibs - if he is a waster, the good news for him (if not us) is that he is young enough still to turn it around.

Keith_M
06-10-2014, 10:02 AM
I'm confused, I thought it was a well known DotNet FACT that every player that leaves Hibs goes on to do much better elsewhere.

:hmmm:

jacomo
06-10-2014, 11:54 AM
I'm confused, I thought it was a well known DotNet FACT that every player that leaves Hibs goes on to do much better elsewhere.

:hmmm:

You're funny.

We used to just ruin players whilst they were here. Now we wreck their entire careers. :thumbsup:

allezsauzee
14-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Clearly Michael O'Neill doesn't have the same opinion of Ryan McGivern as he is still getting in the Norn Iron squad. Got 30 mins game time tonight and they kept a clean sheet.

Patatango
14-10-2014, 11:26 PM
and your point is...?

I take it you're gonna post one of these threads every time an ex hibby plays and does something notable in a game, good or bad?

Chuck Rhoades
15-10-2014, 06:14 AM
Who cares? He's nowt to do with is. Move on.

KeithTheHibby
15-10-2014, 09:20 AM
Clearly Michael O'Neill doesn't have the same opinion of Ryan McGivern as he is still getting in the Norn Iron squad. Got 30 mins game time tonight and they kept a clean sheet.

He came on for someone who went off injured.

worcesterhibby
15-10-2014, 10:32 AM
Please keep the negativity and character assassinations for our current players. Releasing some of your pent up aggression and frustration on ex-players will do Hibs no harm at all..what a waste ! Much better to bottle it up inside and start booing as soon as Hibs players run out the tunnel..that will show them ! :rolleyes:

Sudds_1
15-10-2014, 10:43 AM
He's gone now.

He showed promise, he massively failed to live up to that promise and was another casualty of the malaise of Hibernian Football Club post 2007. He followed suit to the zeitgeist, lost form, lost ability, lost desire, gained George Street and left as another casualty.

He's gone now. In other words, **** him. It's in the past.

....but still of interest as an ex Hibs player who was supposedly full of promise but ended up a bombscare. So its relevant to track his progress away from ER if only to see whether the initial promise we hoped for was wrong............taking other players into the equation who have equally failed to deliver, if the problem lies within ER.

....if you dont like this kind of analysis, don't open the thread I suppose............
:cb

Crazyhorse
15-10-2014, 11:23 AM

Michael seems to have put together a well organised, very hard working team, full of team spirit and self belief. At least at the moment - tough test away to Romania next for NI.

southsider
15-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Michael seems to have put together a well organised, very hard working team, full of team spirit and self belief. At least at the moment - tough test away to Romania next for NI.
Both Irish teams have a manager called O'Neil and both are doing really well.

allezsauzee
16-10-2014, 05:20 PM
and your point is...?

I take it you're gonna post one of these threads every time an ex hibby plays and does something notable in a game, good or bad?
I didnae start off the thread taking pleasure in McGivern cocking something up mate. :wink:

hibees 7062
19-10-2014, 08:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGje9D97spA&feature=player_detailpage

See he's starring at Blackpool