PDA

View Full Version : George Hunter Spartans

12AlbionPlace
04-10-2014, 09:10 PM
I noticed this lad scored another hat-trick today for the Spartans under 20s. I don't know what his total for the season so far but he seems to score every week. Given our link with Spartans maybe Hibs should play him in some Under 20s games. Anyone seem him play in the flesh?

hibbysam
04-10-2014, 09:15 PM
I noticed this lad scored another hat-trick today for the Spartans under 20s. I don't know what his total for the season so far but he seems to score every week. Given our link with Spartans maybe Hibs should play him in some Under 20s games. Anyone seem him play in the flesh?

I play fives with his big brother, the lad can certainly play football... Not sure if in time he would be good enough for hibs but I'll leave our scouts to decide that! Definitely a cracking player though!

12AlbionPlace
04-10-2014, 09:20 PM
Could be the next Jason Cummings:wink:

shetlandhibee
04-10-2014, 11:31 PM
The Spartans pitch is finee.. Played on it last year against Edinburgh :top marks

HibernianJK
12-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Im good friends with his brother. George trialed for Hearts 20s today and scored twice.

Phil D. Rolls
12-10-2014, 05:07 PM
The Spartans pitch is finee.. Played on it last year against Edinburgh :top marks

Did you have something nice for tea afterwards?

NadeAteMyLunch!
12-10-2014, 05:15 PM
Good to see our link working well if he's scoring two for Hearts today...

easty
12-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Im good friends with his brother. George trialed for Hearts 20s today and scored twice.

are we not interested? or is this link up with spartans a load of pish?

Billy Whizz
12-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Is the Spartans tie up not at the younger age groups?

easty
12-10-2014, 05:28 PM
Is the Spartans tie up not at the younger age groups?

dunno :dunno:

surely there would be someone at Spartans who'd be saying "by the way, we've got this other older lad" though.

truehibernian
12-10-2014, 05:55 PM
dunno :dunno:

surely there would be someone at Spartans who'd be saying "by the way, we've got this other older lad" though.

My understanding of the set up is that Hibs get first option on any Spartans player who shows promise and there is interest - not sure if it goes to that age group, was/is more geared towards the younger age groups.

If it's any consolation, Zoubir scored two v The Rangers at that level and he was utterly ganting :greengrin:aok:

HibernianJK
12-10-2014, 09:54 PM

He only got the call a couple of days ago asking if he was available today. Not heard anything else as far as I'm aware.

Gus Fring
12-10-2014, 09:59 PM
As I posted in another thread but is relevant here as well. Spartans FC and the Spartans Community Football Academy are separate entities that happen to share a name and brand. Our tie up is with the academy and I believe only goes up to 11 years old.

TowerHibs
12-10-2014, 10:22 PM
Just shows how little most people know about Hibs yet claim to be ITK or kick off so easily at the club.

Thanks for the info

Bearders
13-10-2014, 07:45 AM
He only got the call a couple of days ago asking if he was available today. Not heard anything else as far as I'm aware.

He only got the call on Saturday. He played a full game Friday evening when Spartans 20's lost 2-0 to Edin City. First game in a while he didn't score.

Invited to train with that lot following yesterday. Would like to see Joe McB take a look and make an assessment.

Leith_Hibee
22-12-2014, 08:11 PM
the boy played for Hibs U20's against Dunfermline in a friendly today.

Back Lounge
23-12-2014, 08:55 AM
the boy played for Hibs U20's against Dunfermline in a friendly today.

Played the final half hour. He replaced another trialist.