PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: STUBBS ANALYSES ROVERS POINT

RSS Bot
04-10-2014, 08:30 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4841)

Alfred E Newman
04-10-2014, 09:14 PM
We didn't do enough. :yawn:

HibbiesandtheBaddies
04-10-2014, 11:36 PM
We are a ****ing shambles.

Jones28
04-10-2014, 11:47 PM
Feel sorry for the manager in this situation. Like he says, anything other than 3 points and a good performance was going to be dissapointing. Add to that the fact that this is a spiel we hibbies have heard 1000 times over and that it was always going to be treated with indifference at best.

ehf
04-10-2014, 11:48 PM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4841)

Stubbs admits he wanted to hold on to the 1-0. GTF.

Iain G
05-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Stubbs admits he wanted to hold on to the 1-0. GTF.

That isnt actually what he says in that article, he thought it would turn into a one nil result given how the game was going not that he wanted to hang onto the one nil lead. Not a good score today but lets not go accusing him of things he didnt actually say.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2014, 07:31 AM
Deeds not words, consistently get that in the right order then words will be listened to with a bit more credibility.

The guy is handicapped by our prior experiences of the difference between the chat off the pitch and the performances on it.

NorthNorfolkHFC
05-10-2014, 07:46 AM
I've not got a great deal of sympathy for Stubbs here. I'm sick of hearing "they didn't do enough" as opposed to identifying where we went wrong. At least it would let fans know he knows what he is doing.
Most who watched the game yesterday could see the selection of Lewis at RWB was a major faux pas and a very lazy choice. Lewis played very poorly and on this occasion I feel genuinely sorry for him.

The midfield was a major area of contention as we were bossed and bullied by Martin Scott and co. Liam Craig did nothing all day and was beaten to every ball. Scott Allan also struggled to find his own team. Alex Harris came on late and I'm unsure what his instructions were as he looked like a lost sheep.

Overall the 1-1 is entirely unacceptable and saying "they didn't do enough" is drivel. Raith are average and we should have put two or three past them with no reply.

"And on the day that 67-year-old Norwich resident Mary Leese has woken from a three-year coma, we’ll be asking – what’s the best night’s sleep you’ve ever had?"

Ronniekirk
05-10-2014, 08:30 AM
That isnt actually what he says in that article, he thought it would turn into a one nil result given how the game was going not that he wanted to hang onto the one nil lead. Not a good score today but lets not go accusing him of things he didnt actually say.
It was clear as game was progressing in second half that they were pushing forward and we were reverting to clearing it straight back to them allowing another attack to start .In the past that has always been catalyst for us to concede ,and he did nothing to change that .The fact some tried and tested players seem to go into that default position is beyond me ,but we seem unable to coach that out of them despite complete change in Backroom staff .
It's going to be a frustrating season and any hope of putting pressure on top two effectively went oot the Windae yeaterday for me . We now need to concentrate our efforts trying to get into the top four ,as on current form we can't even take that as a given ,so once again we are under pressure in next game to win it ,and we don't seem to handle that . Early doors yesterday we created a couple of early chances and didn't take them and teams know if they can nick one goal against us at home it could be enough for them to take something from the game .

Bobby's Cinema
05-10-2014, 10:42 AM
"We've only lost once at home" Isn't great to hear as if some kind of achievement. We've played four games against Livi, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath, Raith.

Bostonhibby
05-10-2014, 10:45 AM
"We've only lost once at home" Isn't great to hear as if some kind of achievement. We've played four games against Livi, Falkirk, Cowdenbeath, Raith.

Yep, we are nearly unbeatable at home, jeez, bring on dundee United then.........we like a good banana skin we do.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2014, 10:49 AM
Its his job to make sure the team does do enough. Obviously i was not at the game but when i read the team, i thought why are you accommodating Booth when Stevenson has at last started to show us just what he can do on the left?

If he still wanted to play the 3 5 2 system, there was a number of players he could have picked to play on the right who are much more comfortable going forward than Lewis is on that side.

All the good work of winning at Ibrox was undone yesterday. :rolleyes:

Real Emerald
05-10-2014, 10:52 AM
It was clear as game was progressing in second half that they were pushing forward and we were reverting to clearing it straight back to them allowing another attack to start .In the past that has always been catalyst for us to concede ,and he did nothing to change that .The fact some tried and tested players seem to go into that default position is beyond me ,but we seem unable to coach that out of them despite complete change in Backroom staff .
It's going to be a frustrating season and any hope of putting pressure on top two effectively went oot the Windae yeaterday for me . We now need to concentrate our efforts trying to get into the top four ,as on current form we can't even take that as a given ,so once again we are under pressure in next game to win it ,and we don't seem to handle that . Early doors yesterday we created a couple of early chances and didn't take them and teams know if they can nick one goal against us at home it could be enough for them to take something from the game .

I agree, we were playing for time and trying to hold on to the one nil lead from around the 60 minute mark. We sat back and invited pressure which is unacceptable at home against Raith Rovers. I don't know if the players were reverting to this or they were told to but it looked to me as if they were acting on instructions. Slowly taking goal kicks etc. and when we got a corner it took an age for anyone to decide to saunter over to take it. It jut sends out the wrong message and the opposition can smell the fear.

emerald green
05-10-2014, 10:52 AM
"It was always going to be a difficult game to win." Raith Rovers at home?.

Is that where Hibs are as a club now? If so, that's simply not acceptable when one compares Hibs resources, fan base, everything FFS, to that of Raith Rovers, and even smaller clubs like Alloa.

NAE NOOKIE
05-10-2014, 10:58 AM
I read Stubbs comment to mean he could see the game was going to be close and he was disappointed the defence couldn't hold on to the 1 - 0 lead, not that he was playing for a 1 - 0.

Having said that, we didn't make enough of our control of the game in the first half and our second half performance was lacklustre. Too many times Hibs midfielders tried to force passes and were intercepted. It was clear to everybody that Malonga hadn't recovered from his knock in the first half and why he wasn't subbed much earlier is strange.

We are now 12 points behind the Yams ... 13 if you take into account their + 21 goal difference. After next weekend the first round of fixtures will be over and I cant see the Yams in their current form screwing up at Alloa. That will leave them on 25 points. As far as I'm concerned they are out of sight and the only team who can realistically catch them is the Huns, we are 6 points behind the Huns and they are catchable, but we wont do that if we continue to slip up at home.

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2014, 12:32 PM
"we've only been beaten once at home"

not bad when you consider we've been up against some of Scottish footballs giants

Livingston
Falkirk
Cowdenbeath
Raith Rovers

it's another tough game against the part-timers of Dumbarton next week as well, let's show them all we are a tough team to beat at Fortress Easter Road

Lucius Apuleius
05-10-2014, 12:35 PM
Maybe he should have said the defence were ******.

Franck Stanton
05-10-2014, 02:33 PM
We played as 11 individuals yesterday, NOT as a TEAM. We were just crap for the entire 90 min. We scored a lucky goal and conceded an unlucky one, but you could see it was coming. We really have slipped to an unacceptable level when we cant win at home against the likes of Falkirk, Raith Rovers etc

NadeAteMyLunch!
05-10-2014, 02:59 PM
"It was always going to be a difficult game to win". Fair enough Alan, when you put it like that I guess you're right. Hearts and rangers only managed to stick 4 past them without reply. Away from home. Tricky opponent.

Hibs7
05-10-2014, 03:27 PM
"It was always going to be a difficult game to win". Fair enough Alan, when you put it like that I guess you're right. Hearts and rangers only managed to stick 4 past them without reply. Away from home. Tricky opponent.

That brings it all into perspective .. Something sadly missing at Hibs !!