silverhibee
04-10-2014, 01:05 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0079g4q

Slicer
04-10-2014, 01:13 PM
on now

hibbie02
04-10-2014, 01:18 PM
Not filling me with confidence in what she is saying or how she is saying it. She sorely needs some media training.

silverhibee
04-10-2014, 01:20 PM
Not filling me with confidence in what she is saying or how she is saying it. She sorely needs some media training.

Just answer a question Leeann.

Billy McKirdy
04-10-2014, 01:21 PM

If this was an x factor audition type of thing?
I think what she's saying rather than how she saying it is more important.

I think she's coming over well, what else can she say that will make the supporters happy?

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2014, 01:22 PM
A lot of words about surveys and meetings with this body and that body, when in reality if they put a winning side on the park nobody would give a toss about any of that.

hhibs
04-10-2014, 01:23 PM
This is pretty dire interview, "you know"

Golden Bear
04-10-2014, 01:24 PM
A lot of words about surveys and meetings with this body and that body, when in reality if they put a winning side on the park nobody would give a toss about any of that.

Well said.

HH81
04-10-2014, 01:24 PM
We would have all been better eating some chicken rather than listerning to that.

sahib
04-10-2014, 01:25 PM

I think she sounds genuine and honest. If her delivery was more RADA like, then I think it would have sounded too slick and scripted.

Lago
04-10-2014, 01:28 PM
I think she sounds genuine and honest. If her delivery was more RADA like, then I think it would have sounded too slick and scripted.
Agree.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2014, 01:29 PM
We would have all been better eating some chicken rather than listerning to that.

You know what, i disagree with that. I'm sick to the back teeth of listening to Petrie wanting our money, thats virtually the only time you hear him.

LD is at least the new spokesman who clearly has a vision and great drive. And any time she's on tv or radio i do listen intently to what she says.

Whether she's allowed to drive through with her vision is another argument, and as i said earlier if we had a winning team on the park we'd not be bothered either way what she said or even Petrie. :greengrin

superfurryhibby
04-10-2014, 01:31 PM

What was wrong with how she said it? I can't grasp this inverted snobbery thing.

Kaff
04-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Agree.

What a bunch of snobs we can be,Yogi and now Dempster don't come across well enough for us. As said above its whether it's truthful, useful what is being said not the style of delivery.

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2014, 01:35 PM
What a bunch of snobs we can be,Yogi and now Dempster don't come across well enough for us. As said above its whether it's truthful, useful what is being said not the style of delivery.

:agree: I hope she can bring us as much success as yogi did.

hhibs
04-10-2014, 01:37 PM

Sorry,IMHO it was poor content poorly delivered.

Part of the problem, again IMHO, she has no confidence in what she is saying,would not be surprised if the "dead hand" of RP is present.

GreenLake
04-10-2014, 01:46 PM
Not able to see the interview over here but I wish someone could ask her how she was unable to take charge of the HibsTV streaming scandal and get it sorted. I expected more from her on this and find it quite embarrassing to have paid full annual fees for live video streaming to get audio only for months. If it was any other business than Hibs I would be all over them for a refund.

Billy McKirdy
04-10-2014, 01:50 PM
Sorry,IMHO it was poor content poorly delivered.

Part of the problem, again IMHO, she has no confidence in what she is saying,would not be surprised if the "dead hand" of RP is present.

Perhaps she's only too aware that there is an element in our support who only want to hear about immediate investment in the playing staff and nothing else.

For what it's worth she has my confidence, she's come here with an excellent reputation.
Let her do her job and allow her time to 'turn this ship around' to quote her directly.

silverhibee
04-10-2014, 01:51 PM

I have no problem how anyone comes across, it was the answers she gave, it all seemed a bit confusing to me with takeovers surveys different groups blah blah blah, more we want to be promoted at the first time and that is all the club is concentrating on at this time would have been better, I must have missed the consultation with fans on message boards as well, it doesn't help that she is saying these things and yet they aren't happening.

silverhibee
04-10-2014, 01:53 PM
:agree: I hope she can bring us as much success as yogi did.

European football is years away. :wink: :greengrin and be grateful of bottom six finishes. :greengrin

SanFranHibs
04-10-2014, 01:55 PM

:agree:

And as Stubbs just said in his pre match BBC interview in reply to 'Leeann Dempster has just laid out the future of Hibernian over the next couple of years but you are concerned with the future over the next couple of hours'. 'Yes, but if we can take care of our business the rest of that stuff will take care of itself'.

We're with you Stubbsie !

Bostonhibby
04-10-2014, 02:23 PM

Indeed, butcher talked / talks a good game. I am fed up of the glib talkers who invariably leave us worse than when they arrived.

Kaff
04-10-2014, 02:42 PM
I have no problem how anyone comes across, it was the answers she gave, it all seemed a bit confusing to me with takeovers surveys different groups blah blah blah, more we want to be promoted at the first time and that is all the club is concentrating on at this time would have been better, I must have missed the consultation with fans on message boards as well, it doesn't help that she is saying these things and yet they aren't happening.

I don't have a problem with anyone questioning what someone is saying but to judge them on their delivery of the content is snobbery, can't believe many of us would be happy if we were treated like that by someone we perceived to be a snob

Crazyhorse
04-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Will she sound like Meg Ryan did?

:top marks just noticed this!

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2014, 05:40 PM
Listened in the car on the way down - she said nothing of note.

Pretty Boy
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
Was listening to Off The Ball on the way up the road. Whilst it's hardly the most high brow show on radio should it be concerning that Tam Cowan believes part of Motherwells current problems are due to 'every penny being a prisoner' and the 'financial situation'?

Hiber-nation
04-10-2014, 05:44 PM
It was all a bit disappointing. Nothing to do with how she came across, just the answers she gave. She didn't seem to have much confidence in what she was saying to be honest.

Danderhall Hibs
04-10-2014, 06:08 PM
It was all a bit disappointing. Nothing to do with how she came across, just the answers she gave. She didn't seem to have much confidence in what she was saying to be honest.

It sounded like she forgot stuff on a couple of occasions.

WindyMiller
04-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Not able to see the interview over here but I wish someone could ask her how she was unable to take charge of the HibsTV streaming scandal and get it sorted. I expected more from her on this and find it quite embarrassing to have paid full annual fees for live video streaming to get audio only for months. If it was any other business than Hibs I would be all over them for a refund.

The audio's nae better, I'm cancelling my £5.99 per month.

Gerard
04-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Our club faces several problems that can be fixed. The lack of footballing success, the poor quality of football that is being played and the need to see a change of the directors of Hibs FC imo are big challenges that need solutions. There are other problems that our club faces the number of fans who do not attend games at ER and have not renewed season tickets. LD is a highly respected CEO who sees the problems that our club has and has solutions for these problems. She can not solve problems without the help of the people who work at our club and all the people who volunteer to help the club. I would like to see LD being given a chance to solve our club's problems and that means giving her time. We also have a young manager in AS and he also needs a reasonable amount of time to make Hibs play winning football and football that is entertaining. LD can be the driving force that sees our club being a football club and not a corporate entity. STF and RP have been a part of the club for a long time and I would suggest that they should allow other people to take replace the functions that they carry our for Hibs. I would like to see some model of fan ownership and new directors being appointed for the Hibs board. I and many others support LD in what she is trying to do at our club and I believe that if enough people help her, our club will play winning and entertaining football.:wink:

ekhibee
04-10-2014, 07:20 PM
I don't have a problem with anyone questioning what someone is saying but to judge them on their delivery of the content is snobbery, can't believe many of us would be happy if we were treated like that by someone we perceived to be a snob
Unfortunately I do have a problem with it. It is not snobbery at all, this aspect of the job is her responsibility, she is the new face of Hibs supposedly, she, above everybody else in the backroom staff/management team, should be more than prepared to answer questions and deal with media interviews. She waffled her way through this one, although I've heard her in the past and she speaks quite well. Maybe just a bad day at the office.

hhibs
06-10-2014, 07:57 AM
Unfortunately I do have a problem with it. It is not snobbery at all, this aspect of the job is her responsibility, she is the new face of Hibs supposedly, she, above everybody else in the backroom staff/management team, should be more than prepared to answer questions and deal with media interviews. She waffled her way through this one, although I've heard her in the past and she speaks quite well. Maybe just a bad day at the office.

Agreed.
I really do not know how anyone can say that this was other than a dreadful interview.
Not snobbery ,by any means,as you say, she has been OK at other interviews even with a bad day at the office this was dire.
The content was the most worrying aspect,did not answer soft questions and rambled on at other times,to me,a sure sign "trouble at mill".

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Our club faces several problems that can be fixed. The lack of footballing success, the poor quality of football that is being played and the need to see a change of the directors of Hibs FC imo are big challenges that need solutions. There are other problems that our club faces the number of fans who do not attend games at ER and have not renewed season tickets. LD is a highly respected CEO who sees the problems that our club has and has solutions for these problems. She can not solve problems without the help of the people who work at our club and all the people who volunteer to help the club. I would like to see LD being given a chance to solve our club's problems and that means giving her time. We also have a young manager in AS and he also needs a reasonable amount of time to make Hibs play winning football and football that is entertaining. LD can be the driving force that sees our club being a football club and not a corporate entity. STF and RP have been a part of the club for a long time and I would suggest that they should allow other people to take replace the functions that they carry our for Hibs. I would like to see some model of fan ownership and new directors being appointed for the Hibs board. I and many others support LD in what she is trying to do at our club and I believe that if enough people help her, our club will play winning and entertaining football.:wink:

Gerard, your constant belief that things will get better is admirable, its always been wrong but still admirable. Until Petrie leaves the club completely, the divide will NEVER end, its that simple.

So any working together with fan groups is hampered from the very beginning, you can ignore this but its the truth.

LD can say what the hell she wants, and want to implement the most radical plans she thinks will get the club to where we all think it should be, but with him still at the club i dont think she can do what she wants.

We need some sort of new ownership, Farmers way of owning us IS NOT WORKING, he's an invisible owner who really does not care about whats happening at the club, and he is not a leader.

This club needs strong leadership from the top, and that means someone who will own us and take control, someone who will actually be there day to day working in the place leading us from the top.

The farmer way is not working, he's not interested in making this club better.

smurf
06-10-2014, 08:54 AM
I missed this interview apart from the last few minutes. Can anyone tell me why it was such a poor interview?

Ozyhibby
06-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Is it available on iplayer?

Gerard
06-10-2014, 09:33 AM
Gerard, your constant belief that things will get better is admirable, its always been wrong but still admirable. Until Petrie leaves the club completely, the divide will NEVER end, its that simple.

So any working together with fan groups is hampered from the very beginning, you can ignore this but its the truth.

LD can say what the hell she wants, and want to implement the most radical plans she thinks will get the club to where we all think it should be, but with him still at the club i dont think she can do what she wants.

We need some sort of new ownership, Farmers way of owning us IS NOT WORKING, he's an invisible owner who really does not care about whats happening at the club, and he is not a leader.

This club needs strong leadership from the top, and that means someone who will own us and take control, someone who will actually be there day to day working in the place leading us from the top.

The farmer way is not working, he's not interested in making this club better.

I think we need a new owner and for Mr Petrie's burden of being a director of our club to be lifted.

Billy Whizz
06-10-2014, 09:35 AM
Is it available on iplayer?

Doesn't seem to a podcast for Saturday, for some strange reason?

JimBHibees
06-10-2014, 09:36 AM
I missed this interview apart from the last few minutes. Can anyone tell me why it was such a poor interview?

I listened on route to the game, thought it was ok though maybe not as clear as I have heard her in the past. Alot of chat about fan ownership/consultation with fans/surveys etc

IWasThere2016
06-10-2014, 09:38 AM
Sat behind Stewart Milne (Eberdeen) and along from John Nelms (Dundee) on Saturday and they both 'kicked every baw' .. a very refreshing change from STF/RP IMHO.

We need change .. pure and simple.

Bad Martini
06-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Bill Shankly put it best.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques." ...I'm aware of her position at the club. The point stands.

It's becoming boring and all the fans reps, meetings, focus groups and community involvement won't make any f ing difference :aok:

1) Team plays well and (ideally) wins on pitch, club makes money...
2) Team plays pish and loses, club loses money.

All you need to do is ensure point 1 is adhered to. The rest will fall magically into place without a single meeting, focus group, fans on the board or anything else...

:rolleyes:

Keith_M
06-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Sat behind Stewart Milne (Eberdeen) and along from John Nelms (Dundee) on Saturday and they both 'kicked every baw' .. a very refreshing change from STF/RP IMHO.

Which one do you support?

3pm
06-10-2014, 01:15 PM

Lets not be pretending he is always flavour of the month with the dandies.

jacomo
06-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Lets not be pretending he is always flavour of the month with the dandies.

No indeed. When Aberdeen were bumping around the bottom of the SPL, Milne got plenty of criticism for not sticking his hand in his pocket to help the team out.

Now that results have improved, he's lauded as a visionary football chairman with a deep commitment to Aberdeen.

I wonder if there is a lesson in here somewhere? :wink: