PDA

View Full Version : Alan Stubbs report card

theonlywayisup
03-10-2014, 05:17 PM
It has now been over three months since Alan Stubbs joined Hibs. How would you score his first three months at Hibs?

GGTTH07
03-10-2014, 05:19 PM
6/10

GGTTH07
03-10-2014, 05:20 PM
Extra point for Monday night!

Sir David Gray
03-10-2014, 05:20 PM
6/10.

Encouraging signs of progress but certainly room for improvement.

Northernhibee
03-10-2014, 06:18 PM
7.5/10 - started to address the weaknesses in defense and personnel that Butcher left him, much improved style of play and also signed some cracking players.

Elephant Stone
03-10-2014, 06:27 PM
His signings are impressive and the existing players are starting to play to their capabilities. There were always going to be some inconsistencies in results and performances with so many changes happening and there will no doubt be more to come but overall I'm happy with how things are going.

Scottie
03-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Positive signs but must do better as the AGM is just round the corner. :chop:

Luv the big man. Slow start but revolution is under way. 8/10. :greengrin

StarMan10
03-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Like to give my first real judgement after the first round of fixtures finishes. Win the next two games I'd give him a 7/10. Less than that = 6/10

3pm
03-10-2014, 06:52 PM
Won 3, Lost 4. 5.5/10 with masses of room for improvement. Potential is exciting.

MrSmith
03-10-2014, 06:59 PM
No score from me! We are in the first division or championship or whatever!! I expect him to get us out of this league by promotion, anything less, at this point, is a fail!! Sorry to be so blunt but one good result does not make us unbeatable nor finished article. Good luck to the big fella.

Brooster
03-10-2014, 07:14 PM
Having been to East Mains and seen/heard the mess that existed before he arrived I would give him a 7.5. I'm convinced he will get it right given time. His signings have been very good and he knows how to change tactics and players/formations during games. Yes he has made mistakes but he has the will and knowledge to succed. Lets support him along the way.

Boyle89
03-10-2014, 08:01 PM
6/10. Not taking off Robertson in the derby loses points and for not beating Alloa aswell. Wasn't at qos or Falkirk games so can't comment. Only gets 1 point for ibrox cause we let in a goal which is unacceptable ;).

Forza Fred
03-10-2014, 11:42 PM
Too early to give a mark but is settling in well, despite some early set backs.

Christmas will be the appropriate time to give a considered mark.

O'Rourke3
03-10-2014, 11:49 PM
Play every week like we play The Rangers then superb. Play every week like we played against Cowdenbeath then we'll need more luck as well as the increase in fitness. Too early to tell as we've had no run in either direction. I'm hoping for far more like Monday but not every team will try and win against us and give us the space to play in. More positive results against the bottom half are required in order to get a 9/10.

Turkish Green
04-10-2014, 12:14 AM
If we are rating the team that played against Rangers then 9/10. However if we rate the team that played against Alloa and Cowdenbeath then 3/10. So averaging 6/10 but I will deduct a point for the derby game tactics which were very poor.

Overall an improving 5/10 must try harder.

Pretty Boy
04-10-2014, 06:39 AM
6.5/10.

Much improved in some areas, still lots of room for further improvement.

SMAXXA
04-10-2014, 07:58 AM
11/10 for taking over the shambles that was HFC

B.H.F.C
04-10-2014, 08:10 AM
Improvement on last year and some good signings. Showed teams too much respect though. Particularly Hearts when that game was there to win.

HH81
04-10-2014, 08:39 AM
5 or 6 ish is around where we are at the moment.

jacomo
04-10-2014, 10:01 AM
No score from me! We are in the first division or championship or whatever!! I expect him to get us out of this league by promotion, anything less, at this point, is a fail!! Sorry to be so blunt but one good result does not make us unbeatable nor finished article. Good luck to the big fella.

Yeah definitely AS to blame for us being in this division. :rolleyes

I like the fella. Nice to see a Hibs team trying to play football again.

MrSmith
04-10-2014, 10:06 AM
Yeah definitely AS to blame for us being in this division. :rolleyes

I like the fella. Nice to see a Hibs team trying to play football again.

cheers for putting words in my post! :aok: I expect us to be out this division not settling for a score card in league we shouldn't be in.

Keith_M
04-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Mixed results. Some signs of progress. Needs to improve consistency of better results.

we are hibs
04-10-2014, 10:41 AM
5/10. Average start to the season. Need a very good run to even think about promotion.

Hibeesmad
04-10-2014, 10:47 AM
6/10. Pre season looked good and we were happy with the majority of the signings. Haven't had the best start to the season but the last 2 games have shown a new formula which seems to suit us and I think we can develop on that. If we had lost on Monday and last tuesday it could have been as low as a 4 or 5 but at the moment id give him a 6

Ozyhibby
04-10-2014, 04:09 PM
Pat Fenlon football, Terry Butcher results.
:-(

God Petrie
04-10-2014, 04:12 PM
Colin calderwood posters

Golden Bear
04-10-2014, 04:15 PM
Agh, they're back.

Allant1981
04-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Away and dont talk rubbish

cleanyman
04-10-2014, 04:23 PM
No one will ever be as bad as Terry Butcher.

He utterly ruined us

smithy_hibees
04-10-2014, 04:25 PM
No one will ever be as bad as Terry Butcher.

He utterly ruined us

He didn't! the club did he was only with us 6months

matty_f
04-10-2014, 04:26 PM

We missed you over the last two wins. Welcome back.

GreenArmyyy!
04-10-2014, 04:27 PM

I've seen some posts on this forum but that really does trump them all.

Keith_M
04-10-2014, 04:28 PM
:thumbsup:

SunshineOnLeith
04-10-2014, 04:32 PM
Post seems to have got lost in the thread merge :-(

People should be able to question him without having folk jump down their throats. He doesn't seem to have any idea how to set up a team to beat opposition with less talented players who will happily let us have the lion's share of possession and territory. Ibrox was great but, other than there and at Tynecastle, being good at a counter attacking game is no use to us in this league.

Ozyhibby
04-10-2014, 04:32 PM

It's nice that you care.
:-)
Bet your wishing it was more than two games. Me too.

Allant1981
04-10-2014, 04:33 PM

People should be able to question him without having folk jump down their throats. He doesn't seem to have any idea how to set up a team to beat opposition with less talented players who will happily let us have the lion's share of possession and territory. Ibrox was great but, other than there and at Tynecastle, being good at a counter attacking game is no use to us in this league.

So the other wins we have had have been against better teams?

SunshineOnLeith
04-10-2014, 04:35 PM
So the other wins we have had have been against better teams?

Hanging on for dear life against Livi and two late comebacks against part timers, pardon me if I don't get excited.

Ozyhibby
04-10-2014, 04:39 PM

The happy clappers have your card marked with that kind of talk.

Mikey
04-10-2014, 04:44 PM

Just in case you missed it........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286456-Trolling

FitbaFolkKen
04-10-2014, 04:49 PM
He didn't! the club did he was only with us 6months

How's the garden looking?

keep the faith
04-10-2014, 04:49 PM
Colin calderwood posters

I will second that!

NorthNorfolkHFC
04-10-2014, 04:52 PM
He played the wrong team today and made a real lazy selection moving Stevenson.

The game would have been different had Stevenson retained his LWB role and an another brought in at RWB.

"A friend of mine once said he liked his women like his parmesan: strong smelling and shaved"

Ozyhibby
04-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Just in case you missed it........

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?286456-Trolling

Just read it but given this is the first time I have commented on Stubbs performance in the job I'm struggling to see where it applies to me?

Pete
04-10-2014, 04:56 PM
Stubbs lost us that today with that formation. It should have been changed at half time as even though we were a goal up it clearly wasn't working.

erskine-hibby
04-10-2014, 04:59 PM
See me!!

Allant1981
04-10-2014, 05:04 PM
Hanging on for dear life against Livi and two late comebacks against part timers, pardon me if I don't get excited.

But did we win against so called lesser teams? That will be yes so the point is invalid

Hiber-nation
04-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Stubbs lost us that today with that formation. It should have been changed at half time as even though we were a goal up it clearly wasn't working.

Definitely. Lewis on the right was like a man short.

SunshineOnLeith
04-10-2014, 05:19 PM
But did we win against so called lesser teams? That will be yes so the point is invalid

If you're happy with relying on late comebacks to beat part time teams, fair enough.

I said he doesn't seem to know how to set a team up to win. Given that we've only won one league game against the 'lesser' teams without first going behind, I fail to see how that's invalid. Even when we did win, we couldn't finish the job without having to desperately hold on at the end.

With the players at his disposal, rolling these teams over should be the norm, with the occasional blip forgivable. As it happens, we're one game off a quarter of the season being gone and we've not had one confident, dominant, winning performance in the first division.

Forza Fred
04-10-2014, 05:22 PM
As posted earlier I think it is too early in his tenure to mark him.

There is no doubt that his honeymoon period is over and quite rightly and fairly some of his decisions are being questioned.

Nothing wrong with that - everybody is accountable, or at least should be.

His challenge between now and say Christmas, is as some have pointed out, to ensure an element of consistency within the team, and also to ensure that strategies are put into place to see us put 'wee.' Teams to the sword, and comfortably so.

It's ok beating Rangers, but to drop two points at home to Raith kind of takes the gloss off it.

We need to be comfortably sitting in the top 4 by Chriistmas for him to earn a 5/10 and that should not be an arduous task for him.

If he does not achieve that, then Leeann needs to have a quiet word in his ear about expectations etc.

cabbageandribs1875
04-10-2014, 05:30 PM
dear mr stubbs, when we are needing to change things around please try not making substitutions until just 10 mins are left, and even worse..just 4 mins left, absolutely ridiculous making substitutions that late in a game we needed to win, how the **** can a player make an impact on a game with just 4 mins left ffs, gie the player a chance to make an impact :brickwall

smithy_hibees
04-10-2014, 05:37 PM
How's the garden looking?

Good your wife pays well ;) you'd be deluded to think this is down to just butcher! We're been pish for years now sinking ship comes to mind

lucky
04-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Still not convinced by Stubbs. Why he took Allen off today was baffling, I thought he was our best player

FitbaFolkKen
04-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Good your wife pays well ;) you'd be deluded to think this is down to just butcher! We're been pish for years now sinking ship comes to mind

You are welcome to her. I'm not going to start a debate on Butcher but I've never seen a team deteriorate so much in a 5 month period, Butcher is responsible for that.

Godsahibby
04-10-2014, 06:02 PM
Time will tell but I am far from being convinced Stubbs is the right man, whether its its inability or unwillingness to change things is a major concern. Things should have been moved around in the first half because it was obvious then it wasnt working. Why the need to play 5 defenders at home to Raith? switching one of out best players this season into a position he was wasted in? Malonga worse worse than a man down for most of the second half yet he was only subbed with 5 mins to go?

In his interview after the game he mentioned that we were lacking any urgency and without that its hard to break down teams at home? well if you can see the same problem as everyone else and its that obvious your choice of tactic aren't working, why not change it?

Ronniekirk
04-10-2014, 07:17 PM
Still not convinced by Stubbs. Why he took Allen off today was baffling, I thought he was our best player

For me he tried To play the defence splitting pass to often when there were other simpler options .They also didn't come off ,and the Raith defense easily knew what he was going to try and do He also just ran into trouble trying to beat too many players but that was because no one else was taking on players . thought Dylan should of been on for him before he was subbed ,

rcarter1
04-10-2014, 07:24 PM
Time will tell but I am far from being convinced Stubbs is the right man, whether its its inability or unwillingness to change things is a major concern. Things should have been moved around in the first half because it was obvious then it wasnt working. Why the need to play 5 defenders at home to Raith? switching one of out best players this season into a position he was wasted in? Malonga worse worse than a man down for most of the second half yet he was only subbed with 5 mins to go?

In his interview after the game he mentioned that we were lacking any urgency and without that its hard to break down teams at home? well if you can see the same problem as everyone else and its that obvious your choice of tactic aren't working, why not change it?

These wins at Ibrox are great, but the team once again is showing the insecurities of the last year+ Without a bust a gut attitude were going no where fast. Stubbs needs to instill this somehow.

Gatecrasher
04-10-2014, 08:19 PM
4/10 signs of progress but ultimately not good enough.

Bobby's Cinema
04-10-2014, 08:33 PM
We can only hope he's learning. That was a let down today.

It is clear we don't have any kind of winning mentality to mount any challenge.

MWHIBBIES
04-10-2014, 08:35 PM
Hanging on for dear life against Livi and two late comebacks against part timers, pardon me if I don't get excited.Blatant lie.

SteveHFC
04-10-2014, 08:37 PM

:agree:

AL-Qaholik
04-10-2014, 08:45 PM
In a division we are supposedly "aiming to win", being 12 points off the pace after 8 games can be considered nothing short of shambolic. No, this is not solely Stubbs' fault, but the way he sets the team out is contributing massively to this hideous underachievement. How anybody can deem that worthy of anything above 4 out of 10 completely confounds me...

Heisenberg
04-10-2014, 09:13 PM
It's been pretty poor so far. We're clearly going to be down here for more than one season and the team still seems weak and slow, especially at home. We should be doing better.

Hibby 2005
04-10-2014, 09:38 PM
I think the thread title should be Alan Stubbs and Hibs report card. The players are a shambles at times and the Manager shouldn't be held accountable.

matty_f
04-10-2014, 09:49 PM

I don't think there are any happy clappers left.

Billychaotic182
04-10-2014, 10:13 PM
6/10

LaMotta
04-10-2014, 10:21 PM
For me he tried To play the defence splitting pass to often when there were other simpler options .They also didn't come off ,and the Raith defense easily knew what he was going to try and do He also just ran into trouble trying to beat too many players but that was because no one else was taking on players . thought Dylan should of been on for him before he was subbed ,

Agreed. A player who gives away possesion as often as Allen is something we cant afford.

keep the faith
04-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Agreed. A player who gives away possesion as often as Allen is something we cant afford.

He did make the wrong decision at times but he did at least try something different and did want to beat a man. These are things we haven't seen for seasons. We need to encourage Allan and nurture him.
Give me his sort of guile over another sideways passer or long ball merchant every day of the week.
I'm certain with games and encouragement Allan will be a big player for us.

Forza Fred
05-10-2014, 01:23 AM
I think the thread title should be Alan Stubbs and Hibs report card. The players are a shambles at times and the Manager shouldn't be held accountable.

All managers are accountable for the performance of the staff under them.

He has had some time to put his stamp upon things, if not fully change things.

DH1875
05-10-2014, 01:32 AM
Who knows, Stubbs remit is to make the playoffs and to be fair I reckon we should make them. If we dont make them he should be sacked but like I said, thats a long way aways yet so lets get behind him and the team and see what happens.

OsloHibs
05-10-2014, 01:49 AM

:agree: Took the words right outta my mouth!

SneakersO'Toole
05-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Must do better. Simple as that.

Alfred E Newman
05-10-2014, 01:41 PM
While the football is marginally better that the dire fare we were subjected to under Butcher, the results are not much better. We are still a soft touch for teams like Raith and Falkirk who have players who may not be high in ability but are well organised and prepared to graft. Monday nights result was a rare bonus but it should be remembered that even the hapless Calderwood managed a 0-3 win at Ibrox.
6 out of 10 for me.

blackpoolhibs
05-10-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't think there are any happy clappers left.

Probably just me, :wink: 3/10. This start in this league is a bloody shambles, anyone who says different is deluded. :rolleyes:

matty_f
05-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Probably just me, :wink: 3/10. This start in this league is a bloody shambles, anyone who says different is deluded. :rolleyes:

It has been a shambles and we are performing well below expectations IMHO, and I don't think the expectations are unreasonable. We should be thumping teams in this league, we're not, and that's not good enough.

Alfred E Newman
05-10-2014, 03:47 PM
It has been a shambles and we are performing well below expectations IMHO, and I don't think the expectations are unreasonable. We should be thumping teams in this league, we're not, and that's not good enough.

The really worrying thing is that people are now looking at next weeks home game against Dumbarton as a difficult game. We are gradually slipping into the dreadful and embarrassing acceptance that we are an ordinary mid table 1st div side. I never thought I would see the day. How on earth did we finish up like this?

ancient hibee
05-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Well one reason is that we still have defenders who for the last couple of seasons have been quite unable to just blooter the ball away when it's in the danger zone.A kids team wouldn't concede a goal like the one we did.

PISTOL1875
05-10-2014, 04:41 PM
Having been to East Mains and seen/heard the mess that existed before he arrived I would give him a 7.5. I'm convinced he will get it right given time. His signings have been very good and he knows how to change tactics and players/formations during games. Yes he has made mistakes but he has the will and knowledge to succed. Lets support him along the way.

The highlighted part is hilarious..

BOB MARLEYS DUG
05-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Judge him at the end of the season :aok:

IWasThere2016
05-10-2014, 04:44 PM
We couldn't beat Raith, Falkirk, QOS, Alloa.. so I'm failing to see pass marks personally. 4/10 for me,

Devine
05-10-2014, 10:55 PM
3/10 miles off the pace can't beat poor 1st division teams and no idea how to attack teams who are clearly going to come & sit off us. Doesn't know his best team or formation and doesn't make subs at the right time. Most of the new players look sub standard yet again but only part of the blame can be put at his door for that. All in all another shambolic 3 months for Hibs as we slip to new lows

snooky
05-10-2014, 11:10 PM
Any manager who makes tactical sub with a minute to go when his team is chasing the game should be stubbed out, IMO.

The Leith Dutch
06-10-2014, 08:31 AM

Can't agree with this - a manger's job, be it in football or elsewhere, is to get performances out of those he manages.
If your staff are a "shambles at times" then you need to be addressing the problem.

I'm certainly not saying I have a major problem with Stubbs who is a young and inexperienced manager but he carries the can for the poor performances in the same way I'd give him credit for the good performances such as Monday night.

Steve20
06-10-2014, 08:40 AM
Must do better. Anything other than promotion this season is failure.

4/10

Jim44
06-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Who knows, Stubbs remit is to make the playoffs and to be fair I reckon we should make them. If we dont make them he should be sacked but like I said, thats a long way aways yet so lets get behind him and the team and see what happens.

The really worrying thing is that people are now looking at next weeks home game against Dumbarton as a difficult game. We are gradually slipping into the dreadful and embarrassing acceptance that we are an ordinary mid table 1st div side. I never thought I would see the day. How on earth did we finish up like this?

If we don't make the playoffs, I wouldn't bother wasting time, money and energy sacking Stubbs. We would have sunk so low that we might as well pack up and go home.

smurf
06-10-2014, 08:51 AM
3/10. That squad should be capable of better.

Ozyhibby
06-10-2014, 09:01 AM
3/10. That squad should be capable of better.

That's fairly generous. He has had a disastrous start.

PeeJay
06-10-2014, 10:40 AM
The fact we are so far behind Hearts and Rangers already, says it all. Losing to part timers, struggling at home to poor championship teams and - despite the "fact" that people on this forum keep claiming that there are clear signs of improvement - every time I watch the bunch of impostors on the park in that crap strip we now have, we look absolutely dire. How anybody can give him more than 1/10 is beyond me. An odd victory against Rangers means nothing. Thought we would all have realised that by now at least.

I wasn't keen on his appointment and nothing I've seen since convinces me that he is anything but out of his depth, it's only a matter of time before he goes, surely? Unless the "elephant in the boardroom" wants to take us down even further, that is. For Stubbs this is nothing but a nice wee opportunity to play at being a manager for a day or two: for us, it's basically a disaster. If we really were a "big club" with aspirations, we'd be doing everything to get out of the Championship and back into the top flight asap: we're not. Stubbs appointment suggests to me, that the club is also pretending to be a football club. We are not going anywhere near the Premier League with this guy in charge.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2014, 11:01 AM
The fact we are so far behind Hearts and Rangers already, says it all. Losing to part timers, struggling at home to poor championship teams and - despite the "fact" that people on this forum keep claiming that there are clear signs of improvement - every time I watch the bunch of impostors on the park in that crap strip we now have, we look absolutely dire. How anybody can give him more than 1/10 is beyond me. An odd victory against Rangers means nothing. Thought we would all have realised that by now at least.

I wasn't keen on his appointment and nothing I've seen since convinces me that he is anything but out of his depth, it's only a matter of time before he goes, surely? Unless the "elephant in the boardroom" wants to take us down even further, that is. For Stubbs this is nothing but a nice wee opportunity to play at being a manager for a day or two: for us, it's basically a disaster. If we really were a "big club" with aspirations, we'd be doing everything to get out of the Championship and back into the top flight asap: we're not. Stubbs appointment suggests to me, that the club is also pretending to be a football club. We are not going anywhere near the Premier League with this guy in charge.

:tin hat: Have one of these.

overdrive
06-10-2014, 11:22 AM
My first reaction is 4/10. We are now relying on Hearts and The Rangers both going on absolutely horrendous runs to be in the top 2.

However, what criteria are we judging him on? We really have to ignore the standard of player as a criteria as player recruitment, we are told, is not his (sole) responsibility. It becomes difficult to judge. Saying that, we should still be doing much better with the playing resources we have at our disposal!

wick hibby
06-10-2014, 11:31 AM
Lets wait until after xmas then we will have a better idea

Ozyhibby
06-10-2014, 11:40 AM
Lets wait until after xmas then we will have a better idea

That's nonsense. This league should be shooty in for a team with our resources.
Fact is we are doing abysmally on the field and the buck for that stops with George Craig and Alan Stubbs. They have to turn this round now. No more excuses.

Bad Martini
06-10-2014, 11:43 AM
We should have beat the huns first time round. We did beat them the second time (and then some) :greengrin

But then we look at Alloa, Raith and Cowden****ingbeath!!

Bottom line; he had a hard job to pick this pile of keech up and make a team from Butcher's ashes. So far, he's partially succeeded but I'd say less than half. More than plenty room for improvement but did anyone expect anything more from a rookie manager?

He's honest enough. He's making mistakes. He seems to give a ****. He's not Butcher. These are all pluses (except the mistakes :aok:)

But, we NEED to be in the top four and stay there. The horrible reality whether you whisper it or shout it out is, the mutants are going to be first or second unless something changes drastically and so are the huns. We therefore need to get our collective ***** in gear and make sure we're right there (or better) and get ourselves mentally strong(er) for play offs. We are some way of that as yet...

We could do better, we probably will...we showed we CAN do it. Now we need to do it. Regularly. Or we'll be here another season, at least....

5/10.

patlowe
06-10-2014, 11:51 AM
My first reaction is 4/10. We are now relying on Hearts and The Rangers both going on absolutely horrendous runs to be in the top 2.

However, what criteria are we judging him on? We really have to ignore the standard of player as a criteria as player recruitment, we are told, is not his (sole) responsibility. It becomes difficult to judge. Saying that, we should still be doing much better with the playing resources we have at our disposal!

The thing is though, we don't necessarily HAVE to make the top two. The only difference between 2nd and 4th is one less tie in the play-offs. Not that I'm overly confident that we will make 4th or win the subsequent ties!

Ozyhibby
06-10-2014, 11:55 AM
The thing is though, we don't necessarily HAVE to make the top two. The only difference between 2nd and 4th is one less tie in the play-offs. Not that I'm overly confident that we will make 4th or win the subsequent ties!

If all you aim for is 4th then that's the best we will get.

overdrive
06-10-2014, 11:56 AM

Sorry, but finishing behind Hearts is additional failure in my opinion. And we all know the script if we do make the playoff.

Mr White
06-10-2014, 11:59 AM

4th also carries the disadvantage of being away from home in the 2nd leg of all 3 potential ties. Not great in the event of extra time and penalties. Winning 3 2-legged ties in the space of a couple of weeks would be a massive ask and like you I find it difficult to be optimistic about our chances. Finishing 2nd would be a good bit better, maybe the rangers will go pop again.

MrSmith
06-10-2014, 01:51 PM
Sorry, but finishing behind Hearts is additional failure in my opinion. And we all know the script if we do make the playoff.

that is my point too! Failure to gain instant promotion is a massive failure! Sorry again but we used to think not getting third place in the SPL was a failure, then 4th was a failure, then 6th was a failure and finally we have settled to be 4th in the championship! How our standards have fallen!

southsider
07-10-2014, 01:49 PM
that is my point too! Failure to gain instant promotion is a massive failure! Sorry again but we used to think not getting third place in the SPL was a failure, then 4th was a failure, then 6th was a failure and finally we have settled to be 4th in the championship! How our standards have fallen!
All starts from the top down. Getting relegated from what was quite possibly the worst top league in living memory in Scotland was not just a sacking offence it should carry the death penalty. Who ever made the decision to keep paying Butcher and his "team" needs locked up or strung up.

Bobby's Cinema
07-10-2014, 01:59 PM
The fans know that every single dropped point in this league is below the required standard. The players don't. We are weak mentally. And that is why we will continue to drop points and fail to mount a challenge.

DH1875
07-10-2014, 03:31 PM

Careful. No doubt someone will be along soon to tell us that we've all got unrealistic expectations.

Keith_M
07-10-2014, 03:36 PM

Every time? Even on Monday?

:confused:

PeeJay
07-10-2014, 04:52 PM
Every time? Even on Monday?

:confused:

Genau! - Didn't see the Monday game, was on "vacation" - :greengrin

basehibby
07-10-2014, 06:19 PM
I'd give him 6/10.

His signings are looking good, the style of football we are playing is a big improvement on last season and there seems to have been a big uplift in the mood about the team. However, there have been some disastrous results - losing at home to Falkirk and away at Alloa - these are results that simply should not be happening.

He has a lot of work to do but can take heart from the positives outlined above so a 6/10 or B+ seems fair.

IWasThere2016
07-10-2014, 08:58 PM
Genau! - Didn't see the Monday game, was on "vacation" - :greengrin

We also weren't wearing the crap strip :wink:

Greenblood70
07-10-2014, 09:28 PM
3/10 or 4/10, simply not been good enough so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PeeJay
08-10-2014, 12:17 PM
We also weren't wearing the crap strip :wink:

The crap "away" strip, surely? :greengrin