PDA

View Full Version : The Scottish Football Blog

RIP
03-10-2014, 07:29 AM
Good article on the ownership question

http://www.scottishfootballblog.co.uk/2014/10/hibs-poll-of-polls.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheScottishFootballBlog+%28Th e+Scottish+Football+Blog%29

jacomo
03-10-2014, 11:13 AM
The problem remains that both surveys were put together with a specific agenda in mind - SDS push fan ownership, LD promotes fan representation on the Board. (The SDS survey also floats the possibility of leaving ER, for reasons I cannot fathom, but let's leave that aside for a moment).

As a result, the findings from both surveys will be flawed.

Keith_M
03-10-2014, 12:40 PM
The problem remains that both surveys were put together with a specific agenda in mind - SDS push fan ownership, LD promotes fan representation on the Board. (The SDS survey also floats the possibility of leaving ER, for reasons I cannot fathom, but let's leave that aside for a moment).

As a result, the findings from both surveys will be flawed.

Strange, but I felt the question was pushing more on protecting Easter Road, as opposed to floating the possibility of leaving it.

I must admit to being stumped as to your logic. Could you tell me what part of the following led you to your conclusion?

"Do you agree that Easter Road Stadium should be safeguarded as the future of Hibernian Football Club and any decision to change this must be made by the supporters?"

jacomo
03-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Strange, but I felt the question was pushing more on protecting Easter Road, as opposed to floating the possibility of leaving it.

I must admit to being stumped as to your logic. Could you tell me what part of the following led you to your conclusion?

"Do you agree that Easter Road Stadium should be safeguarded as the future of Hibernian Football Club and any decision to change this must be made by the supporters?"

Why bring it up at all? As far as I am concerned, the ER issue was settled a decade ago once and for all. It's a non issue. ER is our home.

So this might be my paranoia, but why raise a question about ER again? What purpose does it serve?

Keith_M
03-10-2014, 02:42 PM
Why bring it up at all? As far as I am concerned, the ER issue was settled a decade ago once and for all. It's a non issue. ER is our home.

So this might be my paranoia, but why raise a question about ER again? What purpose does it serve?

It's an Asset that most of us want to be preserved as our home, protected from any Asset Strippers or other vultures. Asking the views of the Support on this in the Survey helps to back up that assertion with facts.

I think you're reading too much into the Survey Question. Maybe a bit of Paranoia creeping in as well :wink:

Jonnyboy
03-10-2014, 03:09 PM

You're spot on that the question of staying at ER was settled yonks ago and at first I thought, like you, why include the question but having attended the first of the three meetings with LD on fan representation, I'm wondering if the question was asked because other models of fan ownership each had safeguards to ensure the stadium could not be sold without fan approval. The Dunfermline model pretty much ensures that EEP cannot be sold because the percentage ownership of the club would allow the part owned by the fans to veto such a move.

Whatever the reasons, ER is our home and any steps to protect that, should it actually need protected, are worthy of consideration :thumbsup: