PDA

View Full Version : We are unbeatable, Hearts content

Billy Whizz
02-10-2014, 05:06 PM
Kevin McHattie says on the STV app that Hearts can go the full season unbeaten. Remember the last unbeatable Derby!!!

Sorry I can't post a link!

Phil D. Rolls
02-10-2014, 05:08 PM
Absolutely loving the fact that he has been stupid enough to bite. I'm sure his bosses will not be so happy.

GreenLake
02-10-2014, 05:09 PM
We should take them at their word and just try our hardest to minimize the defeat we are certain to face at the next derby. It takes all the pressure off us in a similar way to if we play Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

The_Exile
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Did he really say that? Tenner on Queen of the South on Saturday then!

Billy Whizz
02-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Did he really say that? Tenner on Queen of the South on Saturday then!

Coming up on STV news soon

Stevie Reid
02-10-2014, 05:12 PM
Delighted with this, and I'm sure that his bosses will be raging. Teams would have been redoubling their efforts to beat them as it is, and will be even more so now.

Waxy
02-10-2014, 05:13 PM
Haha being deluded is part of being a jambo.
They were lucky to beat Rangers
They were lucky to beat us
Pumped by livi in the wee wee cup.
Couldn't beat Dumbarton and are out the league cup already.

Billy Whizz
02-10-2014, 05:15 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/294361-kevin-mchattie-believes-hearts-can-go-season-unbeaten-after-good-start/

He says it on the video

Phil D. Rolls
02-10-2014, 05:21 PM
http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/294361-kevin-mchattie-believes-hearts-can-go-season-unbeaten-after-good-start/

He says it on the video

Aye, and Caveman said they can't. Either that or he was reporting on who was injured - my Cromagnon isn't too great.

Michael
02-10-2014, 05:23 PM
Well to be fair, if he was asked "can hearts go the season unbeaten?" he's in a lose-lose situation whatever he say's.

Jack Hackett
02-10-2014, 05:24 PM
Re the thread title...the 'Hearts content' was unnecessary given their history of such claims...going all the way back to 1986 :greengrin

hibees 7062
02-10-2014, 05:26 PM
Kevin McHattie says on the STV app that Hearts can go the full season unbeaten. Remember the last unbeatable Derby!!!

Sorry I can't post a link!

He's no getting a game :jamboclow

Ronniekirk
02-10-2014, 05:30 PM
This claim on same day that Wonga have to write off 220million of debt that they should never have lent as the people they lent it to could never of afforded to pay it back Nae wonder the Sponsers the Hearts both have no morals .

Sir David Gray
02-10-2014, 05:31 PM
They're entitled to think that they'll win the title but there's no chance that they'll go the whole season without losing a game.

emerald green
02-10-2014, 05:37 PM
Yaks unbeatable - aye right. :faf: Unbearable - most definitely.

Aldo
02-10-2014, 05:41 PM
Let them do all the spouting and let's us go about or business quietly.

Complete and utter yam roaster.

Unbeaten. Farf!!

Funny as if they get beaten at weekend.

Kato
02-10-2014, 05:52 PM
Well to be fair, if he was asked "can hearts go the season unbeaten?" he's in a lose-lose situation whatever he say's.

Anybody with a brain, even a tiny one, would have said "it's a long season" etc, etc.

Bobby's Cinema
02-10-2014, 06:14 PM
Hahaha :aok:

Hermit Crab
02-10-2014, 06:16 PM
Absolutely loving the fact that he has been stupid enough to bite. I'm sure his bosses will not be so happy.

Well he's certainly got a few on here to bite! Take no notice of them.

hibees 7062
02-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Hearts were unbeaten from Oct going into final day 1986 season, here's how they lost title in last 7 mins of season http://youtu.be/awpKBTmGV1g (http://t.co/HtVbtNiCKL)

Phil D. Rolls
02-10-2014, 06:32 PM
Hearts were unbeaten from Oct going into final day 1986 season, here's how they lost title in last 7 mins of season http://youtu.be/awpKBTmGV1g (http://t.co/HtVbtNiCKL)

Losing the title on the last day of the season is very unusual - for Hearts anyway. It's beyond the realms of fantasy to imagine it could happen twice.

NadeAteMyLunch!
02-10-2014, 06:33 PM
The guy who's been dropped for a player who scores own goals with his chest? Sound

Famous Fiver
02-10-2014, 06:41 PM
Up there with Mohsni's remarks before Monday night. Might just be space on the dressing room wall for this one, Alan!!!!!

Jack Hackett
02-10-2014, 06:49 PM
Losing the title on the last day of the season is very unusual - for Hearts anyway. It's beyond the realms of fantasy to imagine it could happen twice.

:cough: Kilmarnock :cough cough:

I was at that game btw... Just thought I'd throw that in :greengrin

Waxy
02-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Hearts were unbeaten from Oct going into final day 1986 season, here's how they lost title in last 7 mins of season http://youtu.be/awpKBTmGV1g (http://t.co/HtVbtNiCKL)It's ok though. They have a chance for something to show for their season a week later against aberdeen in the Scottish cup final.

Hiber-nation
02-10-2014, 07:12 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

:thumbsup:

stevie-bee
02-10-2014, 07:16 PM
Work with a jambo and he thinks they have won the title already , and nobody will beat them

Jack Hackett
02-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Work with a jambo and he thinks they have won the title already , and nobody will beat them

Was he one of the ones claiming they'd be 'above us by October' last season? :faf:

OsloHibs
02-10-2014, 07:33 PM
They got pumped by Livvy & Celtic. Does the lad forget this :confused:

GreenLake
02-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Their unbeaten run depends on how long they can sustain it on piss and vinegar.

easty
02-10-2014, 07:39 PM
If we were in thier position, I'd have no issue with any of our players saying the same. They're playing with a bit of arrogance just now. It'll no last, but we're in nae position to laugh at them too much. No yet anyway.

Deansy
02-10-2014, 07:59 PM
Somewhere there's a Jambo with a van-load of 28-year old unsold T-shirts jumping for joy as he googles 'How to remove incorrect words/years from cheap-cotton'cloth' !!

hibees 7062
02-10-2014, 08:00 PM
It's ok though. They have a chance for something to show for their season a week later against aberdeen in the Scottish cup final.

Oh you're bad :greengrin

Ryan69
02-10-2014, 08:19 PM
The kiss of death!

ancient hibee
02-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Maybe a "Spirit of 86" tee shirt?

R11Loaded
02-10-2014, 10:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCH2_AyIZWI

:thumbsup:

Riordan made neilson look like an amateur

Class doesn't show on a maroon jersey

Dashing Bob S
02-10-2014, 11:27 PM
Hearts are one of the biggest clubs in the world and are in this league on a mere technicality. They'll be back at the top soon, playing champions league football and winning that tournament within five years.

erin go bragh
03-10-2014, 08:24 AM
:cough: Kilmarnock :cough cough:

I was at that game btw... Just thought I'd throw that in :greengrin

Correct . They lost the league on goal average after Killie beat them 2-0 at the PBS ( last game of the season ) Goal average was changed to goal difference after Hearts complained . If it had stayed goal average they would have won the league in 86 . Lol

Ggtth

brog
03-10-2014, 10:14 AM
Correct . They lost the league on goal average after Killie beat them 2-0 at the PBS ( last game of the season ) Goal average was changed to goal difference after Hearts complained . If it had stayed goal average they would have won the league in 86 . Lol

Ggtth

Yep, & amazingly only a few weeks earlier Yams had lost 7-1 at home to Dundee. A mere 6-1 defeat & they would have won the league! Now why does 7 goals at PBS & Dundee denying Yams ring some bells for me?!
PS, I was also at PBS for Killie game & latterly in the company of King Pat! :not worth

HibsNZ
03-10-2014, 08:28 PM
Goal average has bitten us on the ars e as well, we'd of won our 3rd title in a row in 1952-53. But despite finishing on level points (43) and having a better goal difference of 1, the huns won on goal average. Away goals has also bitten us on the archie we'd have been in the 1961 fairs cup final under the present day rules, but after drawing with Roma 2-2 at Easter Rd we drew 3-3 in Rome then lost the play off and Roma went on to beat Birmingham over 2 legs ta win the cup. Would've been nice ta have had a gold star over our badge :wink:

Jack Hackett
04-10-2014, 07:32 AM
Goal average has bitten us on the ars e as well, we'd of won our 3rd title in a row in 1952-53. But despite finishing on level points (43) and having a better goal difference of 1, the huns won on goal average. Away goals has also bitten us on the archie we'd have been in the 1961 fairs cup final under the present day rules, but after drawing with Roma 2-2 at Easter Rd we drew 3-3 in Rome then lost the play off and Roma went on to beat Birmingham over 2 legs ta win the cup. Would've been nice ta have had a gold star over our badge :wink:

Don't know if you actually need to win anything to get gold stars. There's a brand new club I know of that has them on their jerseys, and they've won jack s**t.... Haven't even played in Europe as far as I'm aware

Bostonhibby
04-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Hearts are one of the biggest clubs in the world and are in this league on a mere technicality. They'll be back at the top soon, playing champions league football and winning that tournament within five years.

So are you saying the megasuperhotelstadium is on again? Lucky the cooncil will have provided them mates rates free storage for all them boxes of plans produced after they also helped out with the feasibility study.

Big team big freebies.

eastterrace
04-10-2014, 01:24 PM
Yep, & amazingly only a few weeks earlier Yams had lost 7-1 at home to Dundee. A mere 6-1 defeat & they would have won the league! Now why does 7 goals at PBS & Dundee denying Yams ring some bells for me?!
PS, I was also at PBS for Killie game & latterly in the company of King Pat! :not worth

i was also at the game with my dad who was a hearts fan , just remember jensen hitting the post and willie waddell jumping about on the pitch at the end, think the crowd was about 40,000. also about 4 weeks later hearts beat killie 8-2 in a friendly game that had no off side.

Ronniekirk
05-10-2014, 08:10 AM
As people are talking about goal average .The Fact is at present they are averaging 3 goals a game .
Teams we can't beat they are beating comfortably .

the Derby will take care of itself and it would be nice if we brought thier winning run to an end but it's the fact they are now reaping the benefits of playing thier youngsters last season when they knew they were going down .That has clearly paid dividends and given them an advatage.

We started season with handling ,Stanton ,Harris and recently brought in young players kennedy and Sinclair .None of whom are currently starting for us .

if we are going to get stuck in this division for another year we are going to have to build a new team for next season given the loan players probably won't be with us and the likes of Hefferman ,Robertson and Craig will be emptied .

So at some point soon based on current form are we not better to build for next season by playing the younger players on long term contracts who will be with us next season as they aren't getting game time for the under 20 s so difficult to see how they can improve and get confidence .

Or does he keep trying to find the right formation to go on an unbeaten run so we are building confidence .

After the the ibrox game he talked about the Raith game being different and would probably change the team and he should of gone with that if that was his view ,especially with gray being out injured .

But he is still learning himself and clearly opted to stick with system and players who had done the business in previous two games .He needs to learn to be bolder at home and take more risks .

Mcgeoch did enough to show he deserves to be back in starting line up . Gray needs to be back in if fit but he is too important a player to take chances with as he came with history of injuries .But Lewis playing in the position he played at Ibrox shows what he can do in terms of assists and even yesterday's goal was started by him picking the ball up and driving forward