PDA

View Full Version : McFadden for St Johnstone

J-C
01-10-2014, 10:09 PM
As it says on the tin, end of season.

The Harp Awakes
01-10-2014, 11:11 PM

Will be interesting to see how he performs. Have to say I wasn't convinced it would have been a good move for us if we had signed him. He didn't look that great with Motherwell but you never know, a change of club might suit him.

HibeesLA
01-10-2014, 11:27 PM

BBC says there will be a review period with the player in January. If things are working out, he'll stay through the season, if not, well then he won't.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29418209

heretoday
02-10-2014, 07:58 AM
Sod him.

Paisley Hibby
02-10-2014, 08:10 AM

Who?

Jim44
02-10-2014, 08:47 AM
There can only be one reason why it has taken so long to find a club willing to take a chance on him. St Johnstone are having a mediocre season so far and will be looking to find something or someone to turn the tide. Good luck to both parties.

SMAXXA
02-10-2014, 08:50 AM
Best days are beyond him and I'm not sure he will do that well for them. Good luck anyway.

Big Frank
02-10-2014, 09:03 AM
Delighted he didnt end up at Hibernian.

sleeping giant
02-10-2014, 10:31 AM
Delighted he didnt end up at Hibernian.

Thats the mental thing though. Before the season began , i would have taken him along with Boyd and Miller :greengrin

Big Frank
02-10-2014, 10:52 AM
Thats the mental thing though. Before the season began , i would have taken him along with Boyd and Miller :greengrin

exactly! ... fitba eh :greengrin

... personally want our fitba ranks to be filled with eager your professionals, who realise what an honour it is to wear the famous greenjerseys, and a keeness to become greats in their craft.

WeeRussell
02-10-2014, 11:07 AM

Maybe this is mental too but I'd still take at least 2 out of the 3 of them now.

sleeping giant
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Maybe this is mental too but I'd still take at least 2 out of the 3 of them now.

To be fair , i have not seen much of them this season.

jacomo
02-10-2014, 12:02 PM
Best days are beyond him and I'm not sure he will do that well for them. Good luck anyway.

Statement of the obvious that his best days are behind him, is it not? He used to play in the EPL and was first pick for the Scotland team, after all.

As for whether he's got anything left to offer in the SPL, time will tell.

Smartie
02-10-2014, 12:54 PM
I'd have taken him - he's probably my favourite Scotland player of the last 20 years as much as anything else.

He's a "something out of nothing player". A wee drop of the shoulder, a clever pass, beating a man and getting a cross in - in these games where we are passing the ball well enough but lacking a bit of guile to come up with a final ball then he'd be ideal for that. Or hitting a 40 yard raker when he's run of out ideas/legs.

Probably not a 90 minutes every week player but he still has tons to offer and I hope he does well for them.

ManBearPig
02-10-2014, 02:19 PM
he was mediocre at best last year. I think I prefer alagui and malonga from what ive seen so far

SanFranHibs
02-10-2014, 02:44 PM
he was mediocre at best last year. I think I prefer alagui and malonga from what ive seen so far

Last season I heard a few games on the radio in which he was playing and he seemed ok and the commentators were very optimistic that he was regaining his best form.

I don't think he played badly but I certainly don't think he done enough to merit a team in Hibs position, re-building, to take him on. I think he has found his best chance of playing in the SPL, a team who are struggling to maintain their form from last year and struggling offensively so hoping he might at least give them a spark!

I have no reason to wish him ill but I certainly think he would be of little use to Hibs in this re-building phase.

patlowe
03-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Anyone else suspect his delay in re-surfacing was him waiting until his hair transplant was finished? :wink: