PDA

View Full Version : Hibs TV vs. Raith

The Tubs
01-10-2014, 05:21 PM
Anyone know if we're going to get a video stream for it?

Septimus
01-10-2014, 06:45 PM
Hope springs eternal but I would not count on it.

The Green Goblin
01-10-2014, 07:56 PM
Anyone know if we're going to get a video stream for it?

It seems we are. See the attached screenshot. :wink:

California-Hibs
02-10-2014, 05:55 AM
Be good to find this out for sure. I've sent Andrew an email, we'll see what kind of response I get..

mikewynne
02-10-2014, 05:59 AM
It seems we are. See the attached screenshot. :wink:

Could this be the day we get what we paid for many months ago?! Let's hope so but I'm not betting on it.

Hibrandenburg
02-10-2014, 06:18 AM
Could this be the day we get what we paid for many months ago?! Let's hope so but I'm not betting on it.

Or they might just be hoping to recruit some more suckers. :dunno:

CRAZYHIBBY
02-10-2014, 06:19 AM
I refuse to pay for hibs tv, it spends more time buffering than anything else. Don't know if it's the same for others or not

spike220
02-10-2014, 08:23 AM
I refuse to pay for hibs tv, it spends more time buffering than anything else. Don't know if it's the same for others or not

We dont call it Buffy the HD slayer for nothing!

Centre Hawf
02-10-2014, 08:42 AM

That may have something to do with the new internet line they had it install? To stop buffering etc.

The Green Goblin
02-10-2014, 10:03 AM

Do you use Google Chrome?

OsloHibs
02-10-2014, 08:28 PM

I always hear about people having problems.. yet I never have. I live up in the mountains and even in -30 with 10 feet of snow, the stream is perfect :greengrin
... The football isn't always though but that's another story!!

California-Hibs
03-10-2014, 10:17 AM
Still not had a reply yet from Andrew. Seriously such a shoddy site. Completely out of order!

GreenLake
03-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Be good to find this out for sure. I've sent Andrew an email, we'll see what kind of response I get..

If he doesn't get this one out live I'll be the first to Sleight him.

DTS
03-10-2014, 03:53 PM
I know this is off subject but I've forgot my password details and every time I get the email to change it out it's just giving me my username has anyone else had this problem before?

California-Hibs
03-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Sorry, just gotta talk about this situation some more, is no one else outraged like me?!

They took my full annual account money, promised live home games, and have failed along with next to NO communication regarding the matter! I mean theres confusion wether tomorrows game is even going to be shown live or not! Why oh why is this not communicated via a simple email to all those who signed up?!

Callum_62
03-10-2014, 10:50 PM
when I log into live match it states - "Live audio for all"

No mention of video

California-Hibs
04-10-2014, 01:50 AM

No mention of video

Yep, just noticed this aswel. Yet another lie saying live video will all be sorted out for October. No emails back whatsoever, zero communication. Is there anything further that can be done about this because it is essentially fraud!

The Green Goblin
04-10-2014, 02:59 AM

No mention of video

Just checked....and you`re right. I think it`s the inconsistent communication which turns it from an inconvenient situation into a frustrating one. It`s pretty straightforward to send an e-mail to all subscribers on Bcc, just keeping folks informed.

spike220
04-10-2014, 04:42 AM
There is still a wee icon at the bottom of the HIBS TV page for the Rangers game live for those outside the UK.

http://d1amemna4jare9.cloudfront.net/assets/images/videos/thumbs/3985ef479d7c4f7c5cc5c7eae13ee212.png

I thought it was audio only for everyone?

California-Hibs
04-10-2014, 04:51 AM
The Rangers game was video because it was on live tv. That's no interest to us, those games can be accessed easily via many different ways. It's the home games against the likes of Raith, Dumbarton, Alloa etc that's wanted and that was promised....for the start of the season! Then September! Now October! Failing at all 3 points.

I feel completely robbed, email after email falling on deaf ears, money being taken with nothing in reply. I've demanded a refund......of course I've not had an email back about that!

Terrible situation.

spike220
04-10-2014, 08:15 AM
The Rangers game was video because it was on live tv. That's no interest to us, those games can be accessed easily via many different ways. It's the home games against the likes of Raith, Dumbarton, Alloa etc that's wanted and that was promised....for the start of the season! Then September! Now October! Failing at all 3 points.

I feel completely robbed, email after email falling on deaf ears, money being taken with nothing in reply. I've demanded a refund......of course I've not had an email back about that!

Terrible situation.

Well they can keep my money if they promise to fix it, has anyone got Lee-annes email address, I am sure she would fire off a message to the relevant parties and tell them to get their A into G

Berwickhibby
04-10-2014, 08:36 AM
I emailed Andrew Sleight in 30 Sep and got this response......
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

Thanks for your email. Yes, that’s the plan. The website partner has invested a significant sum in a new piece of mobile equipment that will enable us to broadcast the game at Easter Road to overseas supporters.

Frustratingly the installation of the new bespoke high-speed broadband line hasn’t happened yet – I’m awaiting an update on that, but this should prove to be an adequate stop-gap solution.

Apologies for the unforeseen delay and its difficult explaining to supporters based outside the UK and ROI just how difficult it is to get something as simple as a broadband line installed in a stadium (or home for that matter) because it does seem to be a problem unique to these shores.

Did you watch last night’s video stream? That’s the type of high-quality product we will be aiming to deliver for every home game and now, potentially with the use of this new mobile kit, some away games too. We will be testing the kit with the new website partner to ensure it all works smoothly.

Will keep you posted and thanks for your support,

Many thanks (GGTTH)

Andrew
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________________

If there is no live stream today I will so pissed with the whole situation as I feel I am being lied to again and again and again.........

The Baldmans Comb
04-10-2014, 08:39 AM
Hibs TV and the people who run it are rank amateurs who completely and utterly out of their depth.

It's silly wee boys thinking they are somebody's but in reality they are nothing more than con men for a club that takes money under false pretences.

I completely gave up on them a long time ago and suggest any overseas subscriber not to touch them with a barge pole.

hongkonghibee
04-10-2014, 10:30 AM
"Apologies for the unforeseen delay and its difficult explaining to supporters based outside the UK and ROI just how difficult it is to get something as simple as a broadband line installed in a stadium (or home for that matter) because it does seem to be a problem unique to these shores." I'm intrigued ! What is so uniquely bad about UK and ROI internet service providers that it takes months to install a broadband line? Whats so difficult to explain? Could someone who lives in UK explain this to us, as it seems our Club cannot!

The Green Goblin
04-10-2014, 11:06 AM
"Apologies for the unforeseen delay and its difficult explaining to supporters based outside the UK and ROI just how difficult it is to get something as simple as a broadband line installed in a stadium (or home for that matter) because it does seem to be a problem unique to these shores." I'm intrigued ! What is so uniquely bad about UK and ROI internet service providers that it takes months to install a broadband line? Whats so difficult to explain? Could someone who lives in UK explain this to us, as it seems our Club cannot!

The issue for me is that one subscriber got that email but nobody else did.

Thomson
04-10-2014, 11:23 AM
Sorry if i've missed something, but i thought you could only get video if outside the uk. Has this changed? :confused:

Berwickhibby
04-10-2014, 11:34 AM
Sorry if i've missed something, but i thought you could only get video if outside the uk. Has this changed? :confused:

That is still the case..... Last season the live streaming was provided by Hibs TV XTRA, This season everything was rolled into Hibs TV and to date we have had lots of broken promises and excuses and no live video streaming from Easter Road.

Thomson
04-10-2014, 11:42 AM
That is still the case..... Last season the live streaming was provided by Hibs TV XTRA, This season everything was rolled into Hibs TV and to date we have had lots of broken promises and excuses and no live video streaming from Easter Road.

So have we been promised that we, inside the uk, would get video too?

Slicer
04-10-2014, 11:47 AM
So have we been promised that we, inside the uk, would get video too?

Subscribers in the UK and ROI have access to all videos, interviews, full match replays, highlights, and archived footage. Live commentary also.

Overseas subscribers should have live streams for all home games and selected away games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hongkonghibee
04-10-2014, 11:53 AM
The issue for me is that one subscriber got that email but nobody else did. Why on earth is that? I agree that the part you quoted from the reply is a bit bizarre and patronising.

Agreed. Communication is still awful. Why cant Hibs TV send an email to all overseas subscribers explain the situation? If Andrew Sleight has time to email individuals, why cant he send one email to all of us? Also why is there nothing on the news section of the official site about it? And yes, what is the patronising responses to reasonable emails all about?

Thomson
04-10-2014, 11:53 AM
Subscribers in the UK and ROI have access to all videos, interviews, full match replays, highlights, and archived footage. Live commentary also.

Overseas subscribers should have live streams for all home games and selected away games.

Ahh, so it's not changed? Was just curious as to whether uk subscribers were going to receive live streams or if it was still outside the uk.

Slicer
04-10-2014, 11:54 AM
Ahh, so it's not changed? Was just curious as to whether uk subscribers were going to receive live streams or if it was still outside the uk.

Broadcasting regulations I think.

Gus Fring
04-10-2014, 11:54 AM

I wondered that as well. I've never had a problem getting Internet installed in any of the three times I've moved in the last 10 years. Always had it within 7 days.

Hibs TV and the people who run it are rank amateurs who completely and utterly out of their depth.

It's silly wee boys thinking they are somebody's but in reality they are nothing more than con men for a club that takes money under false pretences.

I completely gave up on them a long time ago and suggest any overseas subscriber not to touch them with a barge pole.

The service is run by fans and none of them were paid and they all do it so overseas fans can watch games. It appears the problems are down to the provider rather than the staff.

But there is absolutely no excuse for the staff ignoring emails from fans or for the repeated lies and broken promises. It's a kick in the gonads on top of the teams performances recently. Hibs TV are taking a bad situation and making it worse.

Thomson
04-10-2014, 11:55 AM
Broadcasting regulations I think.

:aok:

blackpoolhibs
04-10-2014, 11:56 AM
Why cant Andrew or someone else put a piece on the official website explaining to everyone whats going on?

Its surely not that difficult? :confused:

Slicer
04-10-2014, 12:00 PM
Agreed. Communication is still awful. Why cant Hibs TV send an email to all overseas subscribers explain the situation? If Andrew Sleight has time to email individuals, why cant he send one email to all of us? Also why is there nothing on the news section of the official site about it? And yes, what is the patronising responses to reasonable emails all about?

Agreed. I can live with paying for it as it's a donation to the club, and I can accept teething problems but I shouldn't have to log on here to find out the game previously advertised as being aired live is no longer happening. Last official line was in August saying the service would be up in September. September has been and gone and no word. Just let us know! Apologies if I'm covering old ground.

Boyle89
04-10-2014, 01:19 PM
The club would like to apologise to our overseas supporters because unfortunately due to ongoing technical issues outside of our control Hibs TV is unable to broadcast a video stream of today’s game.

The club is working tirelessly to try and resolve these problems and Hibs TV will update subscribers on Tuesday as to a timeframe.

As you can all appreciate, this is massively frustrating and Hibs TV thanks all of our overseas supporters for their patience and understanding.

The upcoming away match at Livingston (Saturday 18 October, kick off 5.30pm) and the Edinburgh Derby (26 October, kick off 12.15pm) will definitely be broadcast live via a high quality video stream while there is a strong likelihood that the Scottish League Cup quarter final tie against Dundee United (29 October) will also be shown live.

From the hibs TV section of the site.

hongkonghibee
04-10-2014, 01:27 PM
The club would like to apologise to our overseas supporters because unfortunately due to ongoing technical issues outside of our control Hibs TV is unable to broadcast a video stream of today’s game.

The club is working tirelessly to try and resolve these problems and Hibs TV will update subscribers on Tuesday as to a timeframe.

As you can all appreciate, this is massively frustrating and Hibs TV thanks all of our overseas supporters for their patience and understanding.

The upcoming away match at Livingston (Saturday 18 October, kick off 5.30pm) and the Edinburgh Derby (26 October, kick off 12.15pm) will definitely be broadcast live via a high quality video stream while there is a strong likelihood that the Scottish League Cup quarter final tie against Dundee United (29 October) will also be shown live.

From the hibs TV section of the site.

Why wait until 2.05pm on day of match to give us this information? Also why cant they fully explain the " technical issues outside our control" ? Its typical of the poor communication from HibsTv to only give these vague reasons - a full explanation of the problems they have had to get a broadband cable laid to Easter Rd for months would be more informative and would be good customer relations.

GreenLake
04-10-2014, 01:31 PM
I wondered that as well. I've never had a problem getting Internet installed in any of the three times I've moved in the last 10 years. Always had it within 7 days.

The service is run by fans and none of them were paid and they all do it so overseas fans can watch games. It appears the problems are down to the provider rather than the staff.

But there is absolutely no excuse for the staff ignoring emails from fans or for the repeated lies and broken promises. It's a kick in the gonads on top of the teams performances recently. Hibs TV are taking a bad situation and making it worse.

This is a Hibs management issue and should rest squarely on Leeann Dempster's desk.

hongkonghibee
04-10-2014, 01:42 PM
Another change to official site. Audio starting at 2.55pm not 2.30pm as previously stated. No reason given of course.

GreenLake
04-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Another change to official site. Audio starting at 2.55pm not 2.30pm as previously stated. No reason given of course.

Third Lanark are promoting their name better in the global market.

GreenLake
04-10-2014, 03:01 PM
Cliff Pike on the audio explained that BT have been slow to install a line. Can anyone check this out with BT and find out why they are delaying doing something that would take 48 hours or so in any other western industrialized country. Is the works manager a yam or something?

Viva_Palmeiras
04-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Cliff Pike on the audio explained that BT have been slow to install a line. Can anyone check this out with BT and find out why they are delaying doing something that would take 48 hours or so in any other western industrialized country. Is the works manager a yam or something?

Don't know a huge amount about specifics around this but have worked for telcos and call centres. As you'll appreciate here's a difference between a residential and commercial line. For certain guarantees around QoS (quality of service) certain services will need to be supported otherwise the preexisting issues HibsTV internationally folks have experienced will remain. It's more easy if things are already in place but if this means a road needs dug up then that requires (or did require) permission from council etc which takes time.
Where I worked we were fortunate to have good relations with KPN (BT equivalent in Holland) so could pull a few strings as we did a lot of business with them due to our business requirements. However other organisations won't necessarily be so fortunate. That said we do have an ex-telewest man as a non-exec director :)

GreenLake
04-10-2014, 05:33 PM
Don't know a huge amount about specifics around this but have worked for telcos and call centres. As you'll appreciate here's a difference between a residential and commercial line. For certain guarantees around QoS (quality of service) certain services will need to be supported otherwise the preexisting issues HibsTV internationally folks have experienced will remain. It's more easy if things are already in place but if this means a road needs dug up then that requires (or did require) permission from council etc which takes time.
Where I worked we were fortunate to have good relations with KPN (BT equivalent in Holland) so could pull a few strings as we did a lot of business with them due to our business requirements. However other organisations won't necessarily be so fortunate. That said we do have an ex-telewest man as a non-exec director :)

I guess since the service doesn't involve UK based Hibs fans BT won't have to worry about anyone putting up a fuss to OFCOM. Just in case anyone overseas has relatives at home who might do the job for them the page to read on OFCOM's website is this one I think. (http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/phone-and-broadband-complaints/service-problems/) Maybe a wee letter to the newspapers might move things along a bit too - "BT causing Hibernian FC to commit wire fraud". :greengrin

Centre Hawf
04-10-2014, 05:37 PM

I assume this isn't the case of installing a simple router in a house. I think the problem with this was the line wasn't fully capable of the load it was asked to carry so requires an awful lot of work. You only need to see how slow they've been carrying out the fibre optic changes to see they're not exactly on the ball or in any great rush.

The Green Goblin
04-10-2014, 05:43 PM
If it was BTs fault, why have Hibs not just explained that to us?

Septimus
05-10-2014, 04:49 AM
It would not be quite so bad for me if Hibs made an effort to provide a decent commentary. In the 98th minute we were at last told in which direction we were playing. Glancy has simply not got a clue. If the ball goes out of play we should know where and incidentally every tackle cannot be a "sliding tackle". Cliff could perhaps run a training course on how to commentate.

As for the expert remarks. I never thought that I would wish for the return of Boozy but I do.

I mean no offense to these fellow Hibs supporters but the commentary is just not acceptable

KazHibby
05-10-2014, 06:54 AM
It would not be quite so bad for me if Hibs made an effort to provide a decent commentary. In the 98th minute we were at last told in which direction we were playing. Glancy has simply not got a clue. If the ball goes out of play we should know where and incidentally every tackle cannot be a "sliding tackle". Cliff could perhaps run a training course on how to commentate.

As for the expert remarks. I never thought that I would wish for the return of Boozy but I do.

I mean no offense to these fellow Hibs supporters but the commentary is just not acceptable

I'd imagine they've read the Hibs web site and believe that we can actually see the match, that's how it feels anyways!

Where's David Francey when you need him!
:agree::flag:

Centre Hawf
05-10-2014, 12:42 PM

I think a few of them okay. The two that done Ross County didn't sound too bad?

cabbageandribs1875
05-10-2014, 06:56 PM
just received an e-mail telling me they've taken another £5.99 for this month, i cancelled the DD on the paypal site approx 5-6 weeks ago so it's obviously not enough to stop unsubscribing, you have to e-mail them instead :rolleyes: must be the only site on the internet that you can't unsubscribe from the site itself, strange how you can subscribe no problem but have to go different routes to unsubscribe :bitchy:

WindyMiller
05-10-2014, 07:10 PM
just received an e-mail telling me they've taken another £5.99 for this month, i cancelled the DD on the paypal site approx 5-6 weeks ago so it's obviously not enough to stop unsubscribing, you have to e-mail them instead :rolleyes: must be the only site on the internet that you can't unsubscribe from the site itself, strange how you can subscribe no problem but have to go different routes to unsubscribe :bitchy:

They don't make it easy, that's for sure.

OsloHibs
05-10-2014, 07:28 PM

If you feel like this- then don't listen. It's quite simple really, but 'personnel' abuse is not needed.

FranckSuzy
05-10-2014, 10:55 PM
Just read a post on the Oz Hibs Facebook page, saying that Hertz and Livi have got their respective TV/internet links up and running which makes this shambles even more :grr: for those overseas :rolleyes:. Poor show from Hibs.

Septimus
06-10-2014, 12:12 AM
If you feel like this- then don't listen. It's quite simple really, but 'personnel' abuse is not needed.

I humbly apologise if my post is taken as personal or indeed "personnel" abuse. It is certainly not intended as such.

As for simply not listening I, like many others, simply want to know what is happening to Hibs every week. That is what I pay for. A commentary which fails to describe where the ball is when it goes out of play for instance is probably, as you imply, not worth listening to.

BG23
06-10-2014, 12:33 PM

The commentator whom you refer to as Glancy is my son whose name is Martin. He and all the rest of the team do this on a voluntary basis. The only thing they get out of it is watching Hibs play although that is nothing to shout about.

I have never listened to Hibs TV as I am at the games but to single out an individual who is volunteering to help is bang out of order. Nobody expects you to like every commentator but they are not professionals and are doing something for the club they all love and support. As you are based abroad I think that next time you are back at Easter Road you should volunteer your services to commentate on a game and maybe you will be less critical in future of any individual who is only trying their best.

cabbageandribs1875
06-10-2014, 01:02 PM
They don't make it easy, that's for sure.

fair do's to them, i received e-mail this morning refunding the £6 and unsubscribing me :agree:

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2014, 03:12 PM
The commentator whom you refer to as Glancy is my son whose name is Martin. He and all the rest of the team do this on a voluntary basis. The only thing they get out of it is watching Hibs play although that is nothing to shout about.

I have never listened to Hibs TV as I am at the games but to single out an individual who is volunteering to help is bang out of order. Nobody expects you to like every commentator but they are not professionals and are doing something for the club they all love and support. As you are based abroad I think that next time you are back at Easter Road you should volunteer your services to commentate on a game and maybe you will be less critical in future of any individual who is only trying their best.

:agree: i find it a great way of listening to the games, if i wanted to i could have listened to forth 1 on saturday but i much prefer the hibs bias we get from the hibs tv team.

Saying that i couldnt stand it when boozy was shouting and screaming oohlala at the top of his voice when we got anywhere near the oppositions 18 yard line. :greengrin

matty_f
06-10-2014, 03:26 PM
I think Martin does just fine with the commentary, there's a lot of paid commentators who would do well to reach his standards.

JimBHibees
06-10-2014, 03:31 PM
I think Martin does just fine with the commentary, there's a lot of paid commentators who would do well to reach his standards.

Indeed in the few short excerpts I have heard, seems very good, knowledgeable and passionate.

Callum_62
06-10-2014, 04:29 PM
I can understand subscribers points about the commentary not being descriptive enough

I had the same thoughts during the start of this year

I found Martins comm fine when I was watching the game live, but could give out more detail when we cant see the game (simple things, like where the ball roughly is when its a throw etc.....not a criticism as such, im sure if reads this - he might just think....yeah, ok, i'll try that next time

Its great we have guys like him who volunteer

However, you must understand some peoples frustrations due to:

1. We pay for this service

2. we were promised live games, which seem to be pushed back again and again

Maybe some of they frustrations are starting to boil over a tad

The Green Goblin
06-10-2014, 05:52 PM
I can understand subscribers points about the commentary not being descriptive enough

I had the same thoughts during the start of this year

I found Martins comm fine when I was watching the game live, but could give out more detail when we cant see the game (simple things, like where the ball roughly is when its a throw etc.....not a criticism as such, im sure if reads this - he might just think....yeah, ok, i'll try that next time

Its great we have guys like him who volunteer

I think this is totally fair comment. I have posted in defence of Hibs tv many times on the grounds that it's fans who are giving up their time so that people like me can still follow Hibs every week and I stand by that. It's a real lifeline and I'm grateful that there's a service at all. So from that point of view, I think Mr. Glancy's post above is more than fair. My weekends would be much poorer without these guys doing their thing.

However, I think you are also right on two counts: people have paid £90 for the service and the poor communication with subscribers in recent weeks when there have been problems, including people not actually getting the service they have paid for, has caused frustration. Hibs tv is actually a really good service, but some of the issues which cause problems are basic things which shouldn't be issues at all, the main one of which for me is just keeping ALL fans informed as to what's going on.

Having listened to the commentary, I have to agree (and no offence to Martin Glancy or Kevin Harper) that including more detail about where the action is happening during the game would help. I offer that as constructive criticism, well-meant. The right kind of feedback is always helpful to improve (I rely on it in my own job) but it needn't be something that puts people down.

When video service resumes, it won't be an issue any more, at least for overseas fans.

OsloHibs
06-10-2014, 07:11 PM
I humbly apologise if my post is taken as personal or indeed "personnel" abuse. It is certainly not intended as such.

As for simply not listening I, like many others, simply want to know what is happening to Hibs every week. That is what I pay for. A commentary which fails to describe where the ball is when it goes out of play for instance is probably, as you imply, not worth listening to.

As others have said there is no need to get so personnel over someone who volunteers his service for us overseas Hibs fans. I enjoy listening and I just felt what you said was below the belt to post on an open forum for all to read.
Your always allowed your opinion as a member of the paying public of course, but maybe a well worded letter to Martin pointing out some stuff would've been better. After all he's not a professional and anything to make the listening experience better (for you) would have been welcome for him to hear.

Swedish hibee
06-10-2014, 07:19 PM

Your not happy with Hibs over their handing of Hibs TV, but the volunteers of Hibs TV have nothing to do with this. Why not go onto the overseas board and get the 20 or so others who also have paid the same money as you & feel the same as you and do something direct to Hibs?
Maybe a proper overseas Hibs branch can be created where communication has no problems in the future ?

Just an idea..

Jonnyboy
06-10-2014, 07:20 PM

:top marks

I've done it and it isn't as easy as it might sound. Martin does a bloody good job IMO

BG23
06-10-2014, 07:27 PM
As others have said there is no need to get so personnel over someone who volunteers his service for us overseas Hibs fans. I enjoy listening and I just felt what you said was below the belt to post on an open forum for all to read.
Your always allowed your opinion as a member of the paying public of course, but maybe a well worded letter to Martin pointing out some stuff would've been better. After all he's not a professional and anything to make the listening experience better (for you) would have been welcome for him to hear.

There is a lot of frustration with subscribers to Hibs TV who are clearly not getting what they paid for. Although none will come out and say it there is a great deal of frustration with the volunteers who try and provide the service. The point made about a little more detail as to where the play is on the field is fair enough and it could be that Martin and other commentators are used to the habit of thinking that you are watching the game instead of just listening without pictures. I am sure that Martin and others will take this on board for the future. As i said before i go to the games so do not see or hear Hibs TV but it is pretty galling for Martin and his colleagues to get personal abuse on a site from fellow supporters when they are only trying to do the best they can. I can only speak for Martin but he has given up a lot of his own time to do this and i am sure it is the same for the rest of the team. Just cut them a bit slack.

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2014, 07:27 PM
:top marks

I've done it and it isn't as easy as it might sound. Martin does a bloody good job IMO

When are you going to get down the slope back on the airways John, i miss that programme? :aok:

Jonnyboy
06-10-2014, 07:29 PM
When are you going to get down the slope back on the airways John, i miss that programme? :aok:

Can't see it being resurrected G, unless SKY make us an offer :greengrin

Jonnyboy
06-10-2014, 07:33 PM
There is a lot of frustration with subscribers to Hibs TV who are clearly not getting what they paid for. Although none will come out and say it there is a great deal of frustration with the volunteers who try and provide the service. The point made about a little more detail as to where the play is on the field is fair enough and it could be that Martin and other commentators are used to the habit of thinking that you are watching the game instead of just listening without pictures. I am sure that Martin and others will take this on board for the future. As i said before i go to the games so do not see or hear Hibs TV but it is pretty galling for Martin and his colleagues to get personal abuse on a site from fellow supporters when they are only trying to do the best they can. I can only speak for Martin but he has given up a lot of his own time to do this and i am sure it is the same for the rest of the team. Just cut them a bit slack.

Nail on the head there B :agree: Subscribers are split into two groups. Those that can watch and listen (overseas) and those that can only listen (UK). When Luke and I commentated he was far more professional than me :greengrin I just prattled on about everything I could see, probably annoying those who got the pictures :greengrin

As I said earlier, I think Martin does well and I'm sure he will be open to constructive ideas :aok:

blackpoolhibs
06-10-2014, 07:37 PM
can't see it being resurrected g, unless sky make us an offer :greengrin

booooooooooooooo

Jonnyboy
06-10-2014, 07:41 PM
booooooooooooooo

BT Sport? Alba? :greengrin

The Green Goblin
06-10-2014, 10:41 PM

To be fair BG, it's one poster who expressed their frustration in this way. The work of the Hibs tv guys who give up their time is very much appreciated by overseas fans, I'm sure by that poster too.

Callum_62
06-10-2014, 11:13 PM
Your not happy with Hibs over their handing of Hibs TV, but the volunteers of Hibs TV have nothing to do with this. Why not go onto the overseas board and get the 20 or so others who also have paid the same money as you & feel the same as you and do something direct to Hibs?
Maybe a proper overseas Hibs branch can be created where communication has no problems in the future ?

Just an idea..

I actually dont feel all that bothered by it anymore - when the live games arrive, they arrive

As ive said, I dont find Martins commentary particulary terribe (altho, obviously some improvement in detail could be made)

If i was watching the game, it would be absolutely fine im sure

I can understand why people are a bit annoyed with Hibs TV in general - unfortunately that includes the volunteers who work for them

Septimus
07-10-2014, 10:36 AM
Again I apologise for any offense caused. I will be listening next week and will do me very best not to feel "frustrated".

California-Hibs
07-10-2014, 11:24 AM
So today we are meant to be hearing a message about where the current Hibs TV service stands in relation to being able to show each home game live.

Call me crazy, but I have a feeling we're going to hear zilch!

beastie
07-10-2014, 12:31 PM
So today we are meant to be hearing a message about where the current Hibs TV service stands in relation to being able to show each home game live.

Live Match page on the 'fishul site for Dumbarton game says Live Video again to 'outside UK/ROI subscribers'.

Will we get something this week? ;)

BG23
07-10-2014, 12:44 PM
To be fair BG, it's one poster who expressed their frustration in this way. The work of the Hibs tv guys who give up their time is very much appreciated by overseas fans, I'm sure by that poster too.

I agree and I do not have a problem with the poster expressing his views and frustrations. I would be totally frustrated if I had paid for something I was not getting. I just felt it was a cheapshot at Martin and the others who give up much of their time to try and provide a decent service. Until hibs and BT or whoever is at fault get their act together then I am sure more people will be posting about this.

California-Hibs
07-10-2014, 01:06 PM
Live Match page on the 'fishul site for Dumbarton game says Live Video again to 'outside UK/ROI subscribers'.

Will we get something this week? ;)

Nope, just like it said that last week, it'll be the same outcome. The message they gave at half time on the commentary led me to think it'll be easily another 2-3 weeks.

hongkonghibee
07-10-2014, 01:56 PM

Yes they said there would be an explanation of the delay in live video coverage on the official site on Tuesday. Nothing so far. And they are advertising ( so presumable taking money for it) live video for Saturdays match against Dumbarton. Call me crazy too, but I have a feeling were going to get no video again on Saturday.

The Green Goblin
07-10-2014, 02:02 PM
The games which are being broadcast on tv, such as the derby etc. will be video streamed, but as CH says, it seems it will be a bit longer for the weekly games.

To put this all in perspective, a lot of people have paid 90 quid for this, but if you remember, it was 150 for Hibs TV Xtra for the season last year, PLUS 8.99 (?) a month to get the other games on Hibernian International. So, yes, we are not yet getting the video service, but, inconsistent communication from Hibs aside, it is BT`s fault, not Hibs; we are paying 60 quid less for all the home games and we still get the occasional away game that we would have had to subscribe to Hibernian International last year to get, so when you average it all out, (when it eventually works) we will be getting far superior video quality streams, highlights and interviews for 90 rather than around 200.

Just a thought. :wink:

Once it`s up and running, it will be up and running for good. It`s that strange contradiction of paying for the service and therefore having the right to criticise when you don`t get what you paid for, but also being lucky that there`s a service at all.

I`m sure it will all be fixed soon.

hongkonghibee
07-10-2014, 02:13 PM
The games which are being broadcast on tv, such as the derby etc. will be video streamed, but as CH says, it seems it will be a bit longer for the weekly games.

To put this all in perspective, a lot of people have paid 90 quid for this, but if you remember, it was 150 for Hibs TV Xtra for the season last year, PLUS 8.99 (?) a month to get the other games on Hibernian International. So, yes, we are not yet getting the video service, but, inconsistent communication from Hibs aside, it is BT`s fault, not Hibs; we are paying 60 quid less for all the home games and we still get the occasional away game that we would have had to subscribe to Hibernian International last year to get, so when you average it all out, (when it eventually works) we will be getting far superior video quality streams, highlights and interviews for 90 rather than around 200.

Once it`s up and running, it will be up and running for good. It`s that strange contradiction of paying for the service and therefore having the right to criticise when you don`t get what you paid for, but also being lucky that there`s a service at all.

Agree with all of this. I just wish communication was better. As far as im aware there has been no news item on the official site, nor an email to all overseas subscribers with an explanation as to whats happening, and they still keep advertising live video for matches without providing it.

The Green Goblin
07-10-2014, 02:24 PM
Agree with all of this. I just wish communication was better. As far as im aware there has been no news item on the official site, nor an email to all overseas subscribers with an explanation as to whats happening, and they still keep advertising live video for matches without providing it.

I`m pretty sure I saw a message on the HTV site last week explaining the delay. A lot of people wouldn`t have seen it though. We used to get e-mails with updates and copies of The Hibernian pre-match, but that seems to have stopped and that`s a pity. I felt like I was being kept in touch with by the club and I enjoyed reading the magazine. Before anyone gets on my case, that`s not a complaint :greengrin. I was just saying.

Berwickhibby
07-10-2014, 05:14 PM
Well, has anybody received any communication from Hibs TV with the time frame of when the live streaming will start, we were told on Saturday that we would hear today. However like last week, this Saturdays game is being advertised with live streaming for overseas subscribers.

PeeJay
07-10-2014, 05:31 PM

Yeah, and once we have a decent team, we'll win the league - have to admire your optimism :greengrin.

Seems to me that the Hibs TV service is basically par for the course as far as our club goes, why anybody is surprised by the lack of service seems quite funny to me - FWIW, I also think MG's commentary is really OK, then again I really liked Boozy and his frantic, Gallic take on the art of commentary ...

GreenLake
07-10-2014, 05:40 PM
I have a soft spot for Cliff Pike and have got used to his "fair and balanced" commentary including excellent descriptions of pies! :greengrin

I miss Beuzelin too.

The new guys are doing a fine job but it will take a bit of time and a video stream for me to fully appreciate their commentary.

PatHead
08-10-2014, 10:45 PM
Raised this with the Directors at the Working Together meeting tonight after reading about it on here.

Bruce was confident that an update should have been given on Saturday during the game and will investigate why it never happened. You are correct in the problem about the cable and are waiting on it being installed. BT keep messing Hibs about and they cannot confirm an exact date when the cable will be installed.

In the meantime the new supplier order an expensive piece of kit which they hoped would resolve the problem however it didn't work hence the late change to plans last week. An announcement/update will definitely be done on Saturday.

I also mentioned your frustration re communications.

The Green Goblin
08-10-2014, 10:59 PM
Raised this with the Directors at the Working Together meeting tonight after reading about it on here.

Bruce was confident that an update should have been given on Saturday during the game and will investigate why it never happened. You are correct in the problem about the cable and are waiting on it being installed. BT keep messing Hibs about and they cannot confirm an exact date when the cable will be installed.

In the meantime the new supplier order an expensive piece of kit which they hoped would resolve the problem however it didn't work hence the late change to plans last week. An announcement/update will definitely be done on Saturday.

I also mentioned your frustration re communications.

Many thanks indeed PH!! Much appreciated. Thank you.

PatHead
08-10-2014, 11:04 PM
Should also have mentioned they have big plans for the channel with the new provider. Don't know what they are though.

The standard of picture will be much better than previously

hongkonghibee
10-10-2014, 06:32 AM
Should also have mentioned they have big plans for the channel with the new provider. Don't know what they are though.

The standard of picture will be much better than previously

Thanks for bringing this issue up at the meeting. Why don't they inform us about the big plans for HibsTV?
Tomorrows match against Dumbarton is still advertised as being live video on the official site. How will this be possible if no cable has yet been installed by BT?
Why are they still selling live video subscriptions , but not providing video coverage?
Why still no news about this directly from the Club?
Communication is still shockingly bad - surveys are pointless if the Club doesn't act on the results of them.