PDA

View Full Version : Official Site: EDINBURGH DERBY TICKETS ON SALE

RSS Bot
01-10-2014, 09:20 AM
More... (http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/4832)

The Modfather
01-10-2014, 10:28 AM

£28 for a game in the championship! :bitchy:

Judas Iscariot
01-10-2014, 11:19 AM
£28 for a game in the championship! :bitchy:

Shocker eh

cabbageandribs1875
01-10-2014, 11:40 AM
at this present moment....they can ram their £28 :bitchy:

Big Frank
01-10-2014, 11:45 AM
I agree. Shocking price.

I recently attended Southampton V Newcastle. The tickets were £25.

3pm
01-10-2014, 12:19 PM
The prices are what they are.

The majority disagree with it, including me as a ST holder, but I'd be going to this even if it is £5-£8 overpriced.

Each to their own though. :aok:

Big Frank
01-10-2014, 12:45 PM
The prices are what they are.

The majority disagree with it, including me as a ST holder, but I'd be going to this even if it is £5-£8 overpriced.

Each to their own though. :aok:

They are what they are but they dinnae have to be.

...and aye, If the majority agree, then why are they what they are? :greengrin

Big_Franck
01-10-2014, 12:51 PM
Ridiculous prices together with the kick off being 12:15 on a Sunday will mean a poor crowd IMO.

Keith_M
01-10-2014, 12:55 PM
Ridiculous prices together with the kick off being 12:15 on a Sunday will mean a poor crowd IMO.

I sometimes wonder, in my warped wee mind, if that's what they're trying to achieve.

KeithTheHibby
01-10-2014, 01:03 PM
How much was it last year? TBH I don't have a problem with the club charging these prices as I would imagine they are comparable with last year.

I don't see how the club can reduce admission costs as I doubt associated costs such as policing, stewarding, lighting etc. will be cheaper?

Keith_M
01-10-2014, 01:05 PM
How much was it last year? TBH I don't have a problem with the club charging these prices as I would imagine they are comparable with last year.

I don't see how the club can reduce admission costs as I doubt associated costs such as policing, stewarding, lighting etc. will be cheaper?

The thing is that people were complaining about the price last year as well.

When you have games live on TV, at 12:30, on a Sunday, the Attendance is going to be affected. The price really isn't going to help much.

Billy Whizz
01-10-2014, 01:10 PM
Think we paid £23 at Tynie for the last Derby

Vini1875
01-10-2014, 01:22 PM
If we are both winning games it will sell out. Anyone who remembers them coming with there unbeatable tag and going home tail between the legs, I think a repeat is on the cards

DTS
01-10-2014, 01:28 PM
If we are both winning games it will sell out. Anyone who remembers them coming with there unbeatable tag and going home tail between the legs, I think a repeat is on the cards

I can't have been any older than nine at that game and it is probably one of the best experiences I've had at Easter road

JimBHibees
01-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Think we paid £23 at Tynie for the last Derby

That was only for the first few rows though the rest of the stand was 28.

silverhibee
01-10-2014, 01:49 PM

£28

Hibs are extracting the urine here.

Brightside
01-10-2014, 02:03 PM
£28

Hibs are extracting the urine here.

Same price as it was at Tynie. and same price that was announced at start of the season. Can we just set up a bot to get all the price complainers to auto post everytime they announce a CAT A game.

Billy Whizz
01-10-2014, 02:04 PM
That was only for the first few rows though the rest of the stand was 28.

Just checked my ticket, it was £26 for upper and £10
Concessions

Billy Whizz
01-10-2014, 02:07 PM
Same price as it was at Tynie. and same price that was announced at start of the season. Can we just set up a bot to get all the price complainers to auto post everytime they announce a CAT A game.

It was £26 at Tynie in August. I'm a season ticket holder so doesn't mean anything to me, but they'll probably raise their prices for us in Jan

Brightside
01-10-2014, 02:10 PM
Me too.

Lucius Apuleius
01-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Seems to be the rate. How much was ipox on Monday?

Pete
01-10-2014, 02:12 PM
The prices last year were £22 and £28. Hibs announced that prices will remain the same for this season.

Are people moaning because they are surprised? We've had several category B games priced at £22 already this season that you could have been up in arms about..or did you not go to those games? :greengrin

Billy Whizz
01-10-2014, 02:12 PM

£23

Keith_M
01-10-2014, 02:14 PM
I'd just like to point out that, when I come over for matches, a few quid difference in price is no biggy to me, as it already costs a fortune in flights, etc.

I'm just a bit dissapointed that the clubs still aren't tackling the issue of high prices for matches that are televised live. I'd prefer to see a big crowd at matches than have it on the TV.

The problem is that we still have the situation that clubs hosting the Live TV games are not compensated per match. If they were, it would make it possible to subsidise entry to those games. Although, then we get into the Season Ticket question.... :wink:

Big Frank
01-10-2014, 02:14 PM

Or we could just keep complaining at ridiculous prices, and perhaps, just maybe, these can be looked at.

It doesnt matter if these were the prices at Tynie or announced at the start of the season. The price is ridic and those in power should be made aware at every opperchancity. in my humble opinion :greengrin

Lucius Apuleius
01-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I'd just like to point out that, when I come over for matches, a few quid difference in price is no biggy to me, as it already costs a fortune in flights, etc.

I'm just a bit dissapointed that the clubs still aren't tackling the issue of high prices for matches that are televised live. I'd prefer to see a big crowd at matches than have it on the TV.

The problem is that we still have the situation that clubs hosting the Live TV games are not compensated per match. If they were, it would make it possible to subsidise entry to those games. Although, then we get into the Season Ticket question.... :wink:

I'm getting fed up agreeing with you! Compo per game is how it should be.

Fiver a head more to watch the Hibees at ER as opposed to ipox sounds awright to me.:-)

Mikeystewart
01-10-2014, 02:28 PM
I can't have been any older than nine at that game and it is probably one of the best experiences I've had at Easter road

You where 9 in 2005?:confused:

If so I feel very old.

silverhibee
01-10-2014, 02:33 PM

I really couldn't give a toss what they charged for the last game, and you could get cheaper tickets than £28, i also couldn't give a toss if it's a CAT A game, we are playing in the f***ing championship league in Scotland and asking £28 for a championship game is taking the piss after charging fans £405 for a ST for this league, but as usual the club will just expect us to bend over like good folk and pay the over the top prices to watch a game in the CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE.

No shame from Hibs, they just keep shafting us even when we drop in to a lower league. Yip, only Hibs.

silverhibee
01-10-2014, 02:34 PM

£23

lucky
01-10-2014, 02:37 PM
But according to LD this what the fans wanted as it enables them to have quality over quantity

Not

Keith_M
01-10-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm getting fed up agreeing with you! Compo per game is how it should be.

Fiver a head more to watch the Hibees at ER as opposed to ipox sounds awright to me.:-)

Well stop it then!!!!

:greengrin

DTS
01-10-2014, 04:03 PM

If so I feel very old.

I was indeed

Pete
01-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Never mind the price, just get there and support the team. The Savilles will bring a big, noisy backing and we need to fill the place to give the boys as much support as we can. This is a genuine "must win" as we will only get so many opportunities to claw points back.

Stoptober: stop the creeps running away with the league.:flag:

Nando™
01-10-2014, 04:45 PM
The Savilles will bring a big, noisy backing

I genuinely can't remember the last time they had a noisy support at Easter Road.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
01-10-2014, 05:26 PM

If so I feel very old.

I would have been nine too.

Carheenlea
01-10-2014, 06:01 PM
I`m almost certain there were no £28 tickets for previous derby at Hearts, sure I paid £24, and I paid £23 for Ibrox on Monday (which will be one of the best 23 quids I`ll spend..) so for us to be charging £28 for the derby does seem excessive all things considered.

One minute Leean Dempster is throwing tickets away for free, then the next she is charging way over the top. Can we not just have reasonable and fair pricing for every game?

Hibernia&Alba
01-10-2014, 06:28 PM
It goes without saying it's a high price for a Scottish Championship match, and many will watch on telly instead, but it's a derby game and we all know football is overpriced now generally. Hopefully there will still be a good crowd, but it would have been a nice gesture from the club to hold prices down for this.

Brooster
01-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Its the same old story. ..folk arguing over a couple of quid are basically looking for an excuse not to go. Fickle doesn't even come close to describing them.

Lucius Apuleius
01-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Tempted to agree Brooster. Article in the Times today saying UK pays the highest for televised games as well, yet we don't get many complaints about that?

Carheenlea
01-10-2014, 07:27 PM
Its the same old story. ..folk arguing over a couple of quid are basically looking for an excuse not to go. Fickle doesn't even come close to describing them.
For some fans, that extra couple of quid multiplies if they are wanting to be taking along kids, and ultimately may just be a good few quid more than they can afford.

scoopyboy
01-10-2014, 07:33 PM
For some fans, that extra couple of quid multiplies if they are wanting to be taking along kids, and ultimately may just be a good few quid more than they can afford.

I take your point however I have genuine fears should we ever go into the hands of fan ownership.

As much as I detest the f****** you have to ask whether we could go even remotely close to matching them.

They are paying multiples of £10 per month for no visible return and we are grumping about the odd fiver here or there.

silverhibee
01-10-2014, 07:49 PM

Sorry Brooster but i don't agree with you here, it's not the same old story here, this may sound strange but if we were still in the SPL then £28 may be the going rate for a game like this and to most folk they would have no problem paying it, but FFS we are in the Championship league and no club should be charging £28 to watch football in this league, it is taking the piss, only a few weeks back and the club were giving away tickets for nothing and not many folk took up the offer on that day, how the F*** does the club think they are going to get folk through the door for this game by charging £28 for it, to some folk that is a lot of money to spend on a game of football, just say a Dad and 2 kids will be £56 and that's just to get in, sorry but £28 for Championship game is a joke.

The Modfather
01-10-2014, 07:51 PM

A few quid might not be much in the scheme of things but prices have been going north for years, well above inflation. For some, myself included, the cut off for value for money was a lot more than a "few quid" ago.

IMO, £28 is far too expensive for the SPL, never mind a game in Scotlands second tier.

HappyAsHellas
01-10-2014, 07:53 PM
When we win it'll be the best £28 you've spent for ages.

Brooster
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
A derby is a derby is a derby no matter the circumstances. We should all be itching to go instead of coming on here moaning about a few bob. Support the team for goodness sake.

lucky
01-10-2014, 07:54 PM
Sorry Brooster but i don't agree with you here, it's not the same old story here, this may sound strange but if we were still in the SPL then £28 may be the going rate for a game like this and to most folk they would have no problem paying it, but FFS we are in the Championship league and no club should be charging £28 to watch football in this league, it is taking the piss, only a few weeks back and the club were giving away tickets for nothing and not many folk took up the offer on that day, how the F*** does the club think they are going to get folk through the door for this game by charging £28 for it, to some folk that is a lot of money to spend on a game of football, just say a Dad and 2 kids will be £56 and that's just to get in, sorry but £28 for Championship game is a joke.

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
01-10-2014, 07:57 PM

:agree: Its the same old story because prices are rising for a lesser product. As you say, we couldnt give tickets away a couple of weeks ago, nobody wanted to go and it was free.

Season ticket holders are already in they have paid, but walk ups are being priced out of it in my opinion these days. People can do a lot more with £28 than watch a 90 minute game of football now, and as much as we don't want to admit it, we are rarely getting value for money these days, and thats what more and more people want.

Couple that with the early kick off and i'm not surprised folk are having two thoughts about going.

scoopyboy
01-10-2014, 08:00 PM

I can see your side of the argument Silv but if the prices weren't as high then us poor season ticket holders are getting s*** over once again.

We paid the price of top flight football when we renewed so if we are paying top whack then I don't see that walk ups should get a bargain.

blackpoolhibs
01-10-2014, 08:04 PM
I can see your side of the argument Silv but if the prices weren't as high then us poor season ticket holders are getting s*** over once again.

We paid the price of top flight football when we renewed so if we are paying top whack then I don't see that walk ups should get a bargain.

Thats the trouble scoops, because of the fare on show season tickets have dropped. Now to try and tempt them back they want to charge £28 for a championship game, when one of the reasons they no longer have a season ticket is they didn't think it was worth it?

Catch 22. :dunno:

HappyAsHellas
01-10-2014, 08:05 PM
I think you have to factor in how fickle people are as well. The free tickets fixture was on the back of bad results and performances so shouldn't be used as a bargaining point here. I agree that the prices for what is on offer are too high, but that's the way it is just now. In other ways I don't think the difference between the premier and championship are too different. In terms of opposition there are teams in this league on a par with St Mirren, Partick, Ross Co etc. Compared to last season the football on offer is of a more entertaining variety, so I wont grumble too much. I think it's something the club has to look at for future seasons as we could be attracting a lot more youngsters if the prices drop a bit.

Carheenlea
01-10-2014, 08:08 PM

Fair point. I'm a ST holder but hadn't really thought about it in those terms.
Still think it's an excessive price for as ticket regardless of what league we are in.

Scouse Hibee
01-10-2014, 08:13 PM
It's not a surprise to anyone as it was announced at the beginning of the season that ST's and walk up prices would remain the same as the previous year in the SPL. This decision has long since been made and budgeted against will be the argument. Will anyone stay away from the Derby at Easter Road because of the price? I very much doubt it to be honest. Yes I agree £28 for a championship game seems ridiculously high but no-one gets fleeced like a football supporter gets fleeced seems to the norm these days sadly.

Bobby's Cinema
01-10-2014, 08:22 PM
don't be daft. As someone's already pointed out, anyone paying for more than one head might be struggling to justify it.

silverhibee
01-10-2014, 09:19 PM

I understand that with you being a poor ST holder Scoops :greengrin, you are correct it wouldn't be fair to drop the price for walk ups for the Derby game and ST holders get fleeced, I opted not to get a ST for this season so i will pay the £28 when the game comes round, but it is far too much for a game in this league, way too much, but it hasn't stopped me attending games, so far i have only missed the one game and that was at Alloa, lucky me eh, :greengrin but the £23 i spent on going to Ibrox on Monday night was well worth it, lets hope I'm saying the same after the Derby game. :agree: :greengrin

DC_Hibs
01-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Just threaten to cancel your sky contracts Loons and negotiate a nice price reduction to more than offset the price of watching your local team who don't have the benefit of multi million pound tv pounds flowing into their coffers.

Fear not, you won't really have to cancel and you can carry on funding Barca, Dortmund, Man United et al who are no more than those countries versions of the much hated old firm (remember them?).

Anyway, I've paid more than 28quid to watch traditions club Eintracht Frankfurt pump Cologne this Saturday evening - live for you all on BT Sport. They robbin' bassas have the cheek to charge that despite getting shedloads of tv money and a 50k plus crowd. Somebody will be along the now talking about 100euro season tickets.................

Cheeri

Chuck Rhoades
02-10-2014, 07:24 AM
They know Hearts will sell there 3,800 regardless and the Hibs end won't be much different in numbers if this was only £20 and they know it.

Ronniekirk
02-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Given early decision to keep previous seasons prices a Derby was always going to be this price and I will be there .
Have there not been a couple of games this season where price was reduced eg Dumbarton in cup and it was only 15 quid and it didn't result in large attendances.
Know Hearts game is different and cheaper price may have led to bigger home support ,but as someone else said if we are winning attendances take care of themselves .yep and I know we haven't been winning regularly but hopefully that is about to change .
Timing and live T V will impact on our crowd no doubt but results between now and then will determine more than anything the size of the crowd on the day .If we have Momentum then as always this site will do its bit to promote a full house .
Selling them early to fans on data base on back of two good wins though may not shift that many but a third win in a row on Saturday will probably tempt me to get mine early My son will just be back from Travelling abroad for a few months so what a first game back and it will only be a few days before my Birthday so might treat the family and that will be four tickets snapped up
Roll up folks they are going quick :wink:

southern hibby
02-10-2014, 08:26 AM
What I think is wrong is the difference I'n price between cat A and cat B games. Yes well need more policing / stewards but they' ll be more fans to cover it.

In this day and age of pink and fluffy everything, is this not a form if discrimination where we are paying more to watch certain teams I'n the same league as others.

If you go to a cinema it's the same price no matter how much the movie cost to make as the next movie I'n. So we as fans are asked to pay more just because it's classed as a cat. Tin hat firmly on as no doubt I might offend the pink and fluffy.

GGTTH

Brightside
02-10-2014, 08:27 AM
It was agreed at the beginning of the season that prices would remain the same in order to keep us competitive. So to raise the same complaints every time a CAT A game comes round is just daft. Its not changing...go and watch or stay at home.

Big Frank
02-10-2014, 08:39 AM
A derby is a derby is a derby no matter the circumstances. We should all be itching to go instead of coming on here moaning about a few bob. Support the team for goodness sake.

aye ok brooster.

Kavinho
02-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Random and probably logistically unworkable, but as a pick and choose walk up fan, with a serous squeeze on my income currently, £28 is too much.

However, and perversely, I don't think I'd mind paying £28 to a ST holding mate for a 'big game', if in turn he had picked up the ticket for £15 from the club

Club gets me in and picks up my £ 15, whilst 1 ST holder in effect gets a £13 refund on his overall ST.

A way of upping the crowds, picking up more revenue and simultaneously placating STs who have been over priced?

Also the is then a financial incentive to each and every st holder to talk their mates into getting along to a games again.

Thoughts?

smurf
02-10-2014, 10:07 AM
I really couldn't give a toss what they charged for the last game, and you could get cheaper tickets than £28, i also couldn't give a toss if it's a CAT A game, we are playing in the f***ing championship league in Scotland and asking £28 for a championship game is taking the piss after charging fans £405 for a ST for this league, but as usual the club will just expect us to bend over like good folk and pay the over the top prices to watch a game in the CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE.

No shame from Hibs, they just keep shafting us even when we drop in to a lower league. Yip, only Hibs.

Agreed. However, the club is financially broke....

hibs0666
02-10-2014, 10:10 AM
When we win it'll be the best £28 you've spent for ages.

Yup, when you look backwards you remember the occasion not the ticket price. Millennium derby is a case in point.

PatHead
02-10-2014, 10:28 AM
Random and probably logistically unworkable, but as a pick and choose walk up fan, with a serous squeeze on my income currently, £28 is too much.

However, and perversely, I don't think I'd mind paying £28 to a ST holding mate for a 'big game', if in turn he had picked up the ticket for £15 from the club

Club gets me in and picks up my £ 15, whilst 1 ST holder in effect gets a £13 refund on his overall ST.

A way of upping the crowds, picking up more revenue and simultaneously placating STs who have been over priced?

Also the is then a financial incentive to each and every st holder to talk their mates into getting along to a games again.

Thoughts?

If we have sold 7,000 season tickets and they all got one the ground would be full.

Normal punters who don't have a friend with a season ticket would miss out. Also why should it be cheaper to go to a Cat A game than a Category B match?

LancashireHibby
02-10-2014, 11:05 AM
It was always likely to be that price, but I've had an attack of common sense and instead of blindly buying my ticket as I usually do, I'm going to hang on until nearer the time and see if I have the cash to spare. It's a lot of money for a very early start. Would quite happily pay it if it was a better kick off time.

hibee-boys
02-10-2014, 11:07 AM
I may have missed the boat on this one but I thought the patg prices were kept the same price as last year following feedback from fans to LD. Wasn't this the clubs stance regarding season ticket prices as well? As a patg supporter I've no problem paying the £28 to watch a derby game, feel more aggrieved paying £22 to watch the likes of Alloa!

If anyone has cause to complain it should be the fans who paid top wack for season tickets on the premise of premiership football. At least us patg fans can choose not to pay it!

For fans to be throwing toys out the pram for the sake of a fiver or so seems a bit nuts to me, have one less pint before the game.....sorted! We all should be appreciating by now that this year is hopefully out the norm in regard to paying over the odds for non premiership football. The club need our support more than ever, look over the other side of Edinburgh to see how that lot have risen to the challenge, perhaps it's time we followed suit.

IanM
02-10-2014, 11:36 AM
Resigned myself to pay the £28 for these games.. not great but what can you do.. if you want to go you have to pay..

what will be interesting is our stance on next seasons ST.. usually we get urged to buy them before April for those wanting the payment plan.. if we're in the mix, wonder if they'll charge less in case we stay down or more in case we go up..

Personally, they should have the option for he payment plan from when they go on release up until the start of the season. They can cut off the interest free at some point but keep the option of the payment plan open

Beefster
02-10-2014, 11:41 AM

That was my thought when I was reading this thread.

Hermit Crab
02-10-2014, 11:45 AM

Not a chance.

silverhibee
02-10-2014, 11:48 AM
Agreed. However, the club is financially broke....

And that has nothing to do with the fans, but as usual we will be the ones to pay for others mistakes who have got us in this position.

silverhibee
02-10-2014, 11:53 AM
I may have missed the boat on this one but I thought the patg prices were kept the same price as last year following feedback from fans to LD. Wasn't this the clubs stance regarding season ticket prices as well? As a patg supporter I've no problem paying the £28 to watch a derby game, feel more aggrieved paying £22 to watch the likes of Alloa!

If anyone has cause to complain it should be the fans who paid top wack for season tickets on the premise of premiership football. At least us patg fans can choose not to pay it!

For fans to be throwing toys out the pram for the sake of a fiver or so seems a bit nuts to me, have one less pint before the game.....sorted! We all should be appreciating by now that this year is hopefully out the norm in regard to paying over the odds for non premiership football. The club need our support more than ever, look over the other side of Edinburgh to see how that lot have risen to the challenge, perhaps it's time we followed suit.

:faf:

Right enough we haven't been turning out in good numbers to watch Hibs. :rolleyes:

Big Frank
02-10-2014, 12:04 PM

Right enough we haven't been turning out in good numbers to watch Hibs. :rolleyes:

... and its laughable for anyone to mention the merricks.... there is a fantastic amount of goodwill they cheats have built with their fans. If they had a crap start to the season they would have had a terrible support. Perverts.

hibee-boys
02-10-2014, 12:23 PM

Did I say we'd not turned up in numbers? The point I was making was that whilst some of our fans are bumping their gums about paying a few extra quid to support the club financially for a derby game a good number of them are shelling out a lot more every month.

Pretty Boy
02-10-2014, 12:24 PM
Did I say we'd not turned up in numbers? The point I was making was that whilst some of our fans are bumping their gums about paying a few extra quid to support the club financially for a derby game a good number of them are shelling out a lot more every month.

They didn't have a choice. It was shell out or lose your club.

It will be interesting to see what DDs across the city do once they aren't winning games every week. Remember it's a 5 year plan to get the club into the hands of the fans, not a 5 month one.

hibee-boys
02-10-2014, 12:31 PM
They didn't have a choice. It was shell out or lose your club.

It will be interesting to see what DDs across the city do once they aren't winning games every week. Remember it's a 5 year plan to get the club into the hands of the fans, not a 5 month one.

That's true it was the threat of losing the club that drove many of the puddle drinkers to part with their cash. However, none of us should be under any illusion regarding our future financial prospects unless we get out of this league sharpish, if paying a few bob extra in ticket prices helps the cause then so be it!

Kavinho
02-10-2014, 12:33 PM
If we have sold 7,000 season tickets and they all got one the ground would be full.

Normal punters who don't have a friend with a season ticket would miss out. Also why should it be cheaper to go to a Cat A game than a Category B match?

It wouldn't. I'd still be paying 28quid. Although I'd feel better about it because in a sense id be helping alleviate some pain to
those who bought STs and feel shortchanged.

Same price as the normal punter who goes but doesn't know a seasonticket holder.

It would just be a way of returning some thing back to the loyal st holders, - which currently no ones happy about the current options - whilst also getting a bigger gate, and a few extra quid to the club.

Cat A games are obviously the more appealing ones, and potentially therefore, there may be more walk ups than other standard games.

Just a thought. . Alternative is to watch this one the telly..

Kavinho
02-10-2014, 12:37 PM
As a patg supporter I've no problem paying the £28 to watch a derby game, feel more aggrieved paying £22 to watch the likes of Alloa!

Fully agreed!!
Exactly where I'm coming from...

silverhibee
02-10-2014, 12:37 PM

Suppose that's what happens when you cheat your way through football, they are paying to keep there club alive, lets see how things are when the bad spell hits them and they aren't winning games.

Never forget they cheated there way to this position.

California-Hibs
02-10-2014, 04:09 PM
It's a derby, price is irrelevant. It's a break from all the normal run in the mill games. Its a game of intense atmosphere, passion, joy/misery etc.

Get along and support the team. After a derby victory you never ever hear of people moaning about a few quid extra for their ticket..

Judas Iscariot
02-10-2014, 05:11 PM
Let's be honest..

The issue is 30% price and 70% we're most likely to get pumped..

That's the crux here

3pm
02-10-2014, 05:54 PM
Let's be honest..

That's the crux here

We'll see about that!

Pete
02-10-2014, 05:59 PM
Let's be honest..

That's the crux here

Speak for yourself. I'm just glad the people who actually go to the games don't have the same defeatist attitude.

green&left
02-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Lets face it fitba's only too expensive when you get pumped, or are likely to get pumped.

£23 for a certain midweek televised match just passed is too expensive, yet no one's bothered their erse, as its now irrelevant after getting the result, worth every single penny. However if we got gubbed i'd be the first to be doing the maths driving back along the M8 thinking what i could've done with the 40 odd quid. Same as beating hearts. Beat them and not one single f*** is given about the cost.

Also not getting the £28 for a championship game argument. Beating them in the championship won't fell any less or any different to gubbing them in the SPL, or league cup or Scottish Cup for that matter. Beating Hearts is beating Hearts, whatever the competition.

hibeedonald
02-10-2014, 06:38 PM
Should be a cracking game unlike previous 0-0 borefests. Can see Malonga doing some damage in the air against them.

Judas Iscariot
02-10-2014, 08:11 PM
Speak for yourself. I'm just glad the people who actually go to the games don't have the same defeatist attitude.

Hahaha... :ostrich:

What's our derby record in the last 20, 30 games?!

Judas Iscariot
02-10-2014, 08:17 PM
I'll answer my own question..

In the last 35 derbies we've won 5.. Yes 5

That's utterly pathetic!

Call it a "defeatist" attitude if you want but it's not, it's being realistic, not deluded like you!

Hiber-nation
02-10-2014, 08:24 PM

That's utterly pathetic!

Call it a "defeatist" attitude if you want but it's not, it's being realistic, not deluded like you!

Well you won't want to miss the one we do win then eh?

Mikey
02-10-2014, 08:29 PM

That's utterly pathetic!

You were on here the other day saying you "genuinely couldn't really care". For someone who doesn't care you don't half do some whining.

Baldy Foghorn
02-10-2014, 08:31 PM
You were on here the other day saying you "genuinely couldn't really care". For someone who doesn't care you don't half do some whining.

Exactly, he has stopped going, but loves to stick the boot in at every opportunity......

Judas Iscariot
02-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Well you won't want to miss the one we do win then eh?

£28 is a lot of money when you have a young family so it's a no from me

Stuarty27
02-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Ive bought my tickets...

3wins in a row will see a sell out

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2014, 08:36 PM
We will get well and truly pumped in the next derby, we won't compete, show any passion or commitment and go down without a whimper like we usually do when playing Hertz. That happens nearly every time and I refuse to believe the next one will be any different.

That's how I feel about every Derby and I refuse to have one positive pre match thought about regardless of how well we may be doing prior to it. That is how I deal with playing against Hearts. One day I will be wrong and I can't wait!

Lang Toun Hibs
02-10-2014, 08:37 PM

If it helps at all, I'm a season ticket holder with no friends!

Anyway, like those who travelled to Ipox the other night, the cost of the ticket does not matter if the team performs. We've had an awful start but the past week has me like an excited schoolboy and can't wait for Saturday. If we can put a run together, the 26th could be well worth it - you know it!

:gwa: :flag::partyhibb

Judas Iscariot
02-10-2014, 08:40 PM
Exactly, he has stopped going, but loves to stick the boot in at every opportunity......

Dyou think our derby record is good and that £28 is a reasonable price to pay for?

Hermit Crab
02-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Dyou think our derby record is good and that £28 is a reasonable price to pay for?

**** all to do with the price or our record. It's about supporting the team. Overpriced or not you go to back the boys in green and white.

Its simple, you either pay the money to get in, or don't and watch it in the house or the boozer. Choice is yours.

Baldy Foghorn
02-10-2014, 08:45 PM

You either back the team or you don't, simple as that......

Scouse Hibee
02-10-2014, 08:50 PM

No and No but to me supporting your team is all about sticking with them particularly in games against your local rivals, as for the cost if it's too high and folk can't afford to go or would rather use their hard earned cash for more important things in their life then there can be no argument with that.

FranckSuzy
02-10-2014, 10:29 PM
Technically we dont wear any white at home this year

Random :agree: :greengrin

InterviewLoI
02-10-2014, 10:30 PM
Random :agree: :greengrin

Well we aren't the boys in green and white then are we ;)

Jonnyboy
02-10-2014, 10:33 PM
Well we aren't the boys in green and white then are we ;)

Except the shorts are white :wink:

InterviewLoI
02-10-2014, 10:34 PM

Wtf was I thinking. I just had the jersey in my head and lack of white sleeves

FranckSuzy
02-10-2014, 10:34 PM

InterviewLoI
02-10-2014, 10:35 PM

Disgraceful from myself there

FranckSuzy
02-10-2014, 10:36 PM
Disgraceful from myself there

No probs, young man :aok: :greengrin

InterviewLoI
02-10-2014, 10:39 PM
No probs, young man :aok: :greengrin

Here back on topic, people can bugger off eith their 12.15 ko and £28 ticket talk. Im paying over €100 and getting up at 5 am for a flight (sarcastic post)

California-Hibs
03-10-2014, 05:58 AM
Lets face it fitba's only too expensive when you get pumped, or are likely to get pumped.

£23 for a certain midweek televised match just passed is too expensive, yet no one's bothered their erse, as its now irrelevant after getting the result, worth every single penny. However if we got gubbed i'd be the first to be doing the maths driving back along the M8 thinking what i could've done with the 40 odd quid. Same as beating hearts. Beat them and not one single f*** is given about the cost.

Also not getting the £28 for a championship game argument. Beating them in the championship won't fell any less or any different to gubbing them in the SPL, or league cup or Scottish Cup for that matter. Beating Hearts is beating Hearts, whatever the competition.

This guy gets it!

lyonhibs
03-10-2014, 08:09 AM

This is the one :agree:

I mind walking away from Tynecastle after the Brian Kerr derby game, with only a few quid out of £40 left after Romanov hiked the ticket prices.

Oddly, not two shiny ****s were given that day about the price.

If geography permitted me to go to this game, I'd grumble about the price, probably call it outrageous on .net etc, but of course for a Derby I'd stump up and be there.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2014, 08:16 AM
This is the one :agree:

I mind walking away from Tynecastle after the Brian Kerr derby game, with only a few quid out of £40 left after Romanov hiked the ticket prices.

Oddly, not two shiny ****s were given that day about the price.

If geography permitted me to go to this game, I'd grumble about the price, probably call it outrageous on .net etc, but of course for a Derby I'd stump up and be there.

You only had to look to your right to see how many folk were put off by the price. Anyone who thinks the price should make no difference to SOME people are just wrong.

There is a ceiling that some folk just wont go above, and if they are taking children its costing them an awful lot of money they have to justify.

lyonhibs
03-10-2014, 08:30 AM
You only had to look to your right to see how many folk were put off by the price. Anyone who thinks the price should make no difference to SOME people are just wrong.

There is a ceiling that some folk just wont go above, and if they are taking children its costing them an awful lot of money they have to justify.

:agree::agree:

I agree entirely, and if I was paying for more than just myself, then it's a totally different matter. There's only one Hibs game save a Scottish Cup Final or big European night (LOL) that I'd pay over £30 for a ticket, and that's a derby.

IanM
03-10-2014, 08:40 AM

Wonder if the club has ever thought about removing the categories and just charging the same every week? I get fans always prefer the bigger games but should they be out of pocket because of this?

of course we get more out of the away fans as Rangers, Celtic and Hearts usually sell their allocation but is it worth pricing our own fans out of matches?

PATG fans should also have the option of a family ticket.. 2 adults 2 children or 1 adult, 3 children etc.. don't know if this option is already available though

CropleyWasGod
03-10-2014, 08:44 AM
Wonder if the club has ever thought about removing the categories and just charging the same every week? I get fans always prefer the bigger games but should they be out of pocket because of this?

of course we get more out of the away fans as Rangers, Celtic and Hearts usually sell their allocation but is it worth pricing our own fans out of matches?

PATG fans should also have the option of a family ticket.. 2 adults 2 children or 1 adult, 3 children etc.. don't know if this option is already available though

The club have to pay higher policing costs for the bigger games, hence the price hike.

blackpoolhibs
03-10-2014, 08:51 AM
The club have to pay higher policing costs for the bigger games, hence the price hike.

Would that not be covered by the full away end? :dunno:

Billy Whizz
03-10-2014, 09:22 AM
Would that not be covered by the full away end? :dunno:

As an aside, noticed Hearts have given Rangers just over 1,100 tickets for their home game in November. Going to sell the rest of the Roseburn to Rangers supporters. Will be one of the lowest Rangers away supports at Tynie in years. Hearts were seemingly unhappy at only getting around 1,000 or so for Ibrox in August

Mr White
03-10-2014, 09:28 AM
As an aside, noticed Hearts have given Rangers just over 1,100 tickets for their home game in November. Going to sell the rest of the Roseburn to Rangers supporters. Will be one of the lowest Rangers away supports at Tynie in years. Hearts were seemingly unhappy at only getting around 1,000 or so for Ibrox in August
Setting aside the fact that both teams are dirty cheating *******s and I wish they could both lose, I say well done to the diet cheats for sticking it to the bigger, more bigotted entity.

southern hibby
03-10-2014, 09:45 AM
I've read some very interesting and honest comments on here from fans. I've been to every game this season and I have a season ticket.

I have no problem paying £28 for a game because I can afford it, however some folk can't because £28 to a person unemployed/ single parent or a person on the minimum wage is a lot of money.

My gripe with the £28 is that I am watching a team who have been relegated by numerous dreadful decisions at management level and some of the said management is still here. If these persons ( or person ) I'n charge want to stay as far as I am concerned they have to start looking at different ways to get fans back to Easter Road.

Maybe giving us a team that we can be proud off would be a start I'n the right direction.

GGTTH

Nando™
03-10-2014, 10:13 AM
1-0 Hibs I reckon. Mon the Cabbage!

Nakedmanoncrack
03-10-2014, 10:53 AM
ticket purchased

lucky
03-10-2014, 11:34 AM
I've read some very interesting and honest comments on here from fans. I've been to every game this season and I have a season ticket.

I have no problem paying £28 for a game because I can afford it, however some folk can't because £28 to a person unemployed/ single parent or a person on the minimum wage is a lot of money.

My gripe with the £28 is that I am watching a team who have been relegated by numerous dreadful decisions at management level and some of the said management is still here. If these persons ( or person ) I'n charge want to stay as far as I am concerned they have to start looking at different ways to get fans back to Easter Road.

Maybe giving us a team that we can be proud off would be a start I'n the right direction.

GGTTH

I'm a ST holder but really think the price of football is way to expensive. Low paid fans are being driven away from the game. There is just no need to charge these prices

Beefster
03-10-2014, 11:56 AM
I'm a ST holder but really think the price of football is way to expensive. Low paid fans are being driven away from the game. There is just no need to charge these prices

If Hibs are losing money then there obviously is a need to charge those prices.

Judas Iscariot
03-10-2014, 01:06 PM

Why are Hibs loosing money?

Bad decisions, appointments and a list of other reasons, none of these down to the fans!

Those at fault should be footing the difference

lucky
03-10-2014, 01:40 PM

So if Hibs continue to lose money then we have to pay more, but when the club made a profit the prices still went up. The reality is football is to expensive, not just Hibs, but charging £28 for a second division game in Scotland is a joke. I would guess that's the most expensive ticket price for a second tier game in the history of Scottish football.

hibs0666
03-10-2014, 04:53 PM
Let's be honest..

That's the crux here

Wow. Just wow.

Judas Iscariot
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
Wow. Just wow.

Great input :aok:

hibs0666
03-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Great input :aok:

My thoughts entirely.

duffers
04-10-2014, 10:20 AM
irrespective of the price, hearts will sell out. so say 3,500 at £20 rather than £28 is £28,000.

The question is, could we make that up in home fans by reducing the price for both?

They also need to try and keep the season ticket worth the value.

i personally think 20 is plenty, especially for the level we're playing at. However, it's not how the club will see it

SunshineOnLeith
04-10-2014, 10:55 AM
The lunchtime kickoff was more of a deterrent than the price for me, but I've been offered a freebie so I'll be there.

DH1875
05-10-2014, 12:46 AM
Living and travelling from the weege makes a 12.45 a killer. 12.15, forget about it :boo hoo:. Sounds daft I know but the half hour does actually make a difference :grr:.

Joe6-2
05-10-2014, 07:13 AM
Living and travelling from the weege makes a 12.45 a killer. 12.15, forget about it :boo hoo:. Sounds daft I know but the half hour does actually make a difference :grr:.

TV and OUR CLUB don't give a toss about the fans!