PDA

View Full Version : Referees

TRC
30-09-2014, 10:49 PM
I'm I right in saying as part of TV deals managers must give interviews after the game? So why is it that referees aren't subjected to the same rules!?

Eyrie
01-10-2014, 05:12 PM
I'm I right in saying as part of TV deals managers must give interviews after the game? So why is it that referees aren't subjected to the same rules!?
Because they'd have too much explaining to do?

01-10-2014, 05:47 PM
I've always said that I think referees should be interviewed and should be accountable for their decisions. Managers and players are all subjected to the media scrutiny so IMO referees should be as well. It's them that make the big decisions that can sometimes completely decide the outcome of the game. I get that they are only human, they will make wrong calls and bad decisions in the spur of the moment just like everybody else does from time to time but if the players and managers have to get into the firing line then why shouldnt they. They make the big game changing decisions and are allowed to make absolute howlers yet get to slink off quietly out the back door.

God there are many very strange decisions over the years that I would LOVE to see them try to explain!