PDA

View Full Version : Injuries

Boyle89
30-09-2014, 07:59 PM
Haven't seen anything about gray or hanlon. Any update as to how they are? Terrible timing if they are both out for the weekend after finally getting some momentum.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-09-2014, 08:01 PM
Cummings hurt his ankle too.

Ronniekirk
30-09-2014, 09:10 PM
Cummings hurt his ankle too.
Don't worry he will be fine

monktonharp
01-10-2014, 12:07 AM
Gray would be a big miss, surely gonna make the w/end?

Nevi_SOL
01-10-2014, 07:38 AM

Just read in the sun he's a doubt. But it is the sun after all

Golden Bear
01-10-2014, 07:50 AM

It's this type of situation where ideally we'd be in a position to promote a right back from the Under 20's and slot him straight in to his natural role. Surely this would be a better option rather than being forced to make a number of positional changes within the first team squad in order to cover for one injury.

Nevi_SOL
01-10-2014, 07:53 AM
It's this type of situation where ideally we'd be in a position to promote a right back from the Under 20's and slot him straight in to his natural role. Surely this would be a better option rather than being forced to make a number of positional changes within the first team squad in order to cover for one injury.

This would probably see dunsmore coming in. I'm sure I read he is a wing back aswell so would be a straight swap

Ronniekirk
01-10-2014, 08:08 AM
The key word is ideally but that's what Leeann has said she wants to see happening i future and why there has been all the change in coches etc in the backroom .But to do this we had to empty players from under 20 squad including the two full backs who by all accounts were doing well for the under 20 s last season so it's ayounger squad this season and probably too early to Briidge the disconnect Leeann talked about .
We knew when we took Farid and gray that both had a history of injuries so there was always risk attached to these two in that regard ,and think that's why he wanted to sign Toshney ,but he is away so money to bring someone else in must still be there if it turns out gray will be out for any length of time .
But it highlights that we can't afford to have the smaller squad if we pick up injuries and younger players are not yet ready to step up
However just as well we brought booth back as at leat it gives us someone who can play that position naturally Foster imo isn't that comfortable out right but an fill in if we are stuck .

brog
01-10-2014, 09:20 AM

AS has said all along he plans to be flexible with our formation. I believe 3 ( 5 ) at the back works better away from home when the opposition are less defensive. For Saturday if Gray is out he could revert to a back 4 with JF at right back. If he does stick with 3 then I would rather see Dunsmore get an opportunity than moving Lewis there. Alternatively, could McGeouch or Kennedy fit in there?

Brightside
01-10-2014, 10:48 AM
AS has said all along he plans to be flexible with our formation. I believe 3 ( 5 ) at the back works better away from home when the opposition are less defensive. For Saturday if Gray is out he could revert to a back 4 with JF at right back. If he does stick with 3 then I would rather see Dunsmore get an opportunity than moving Lewis there. Alternatively, could McGeouch or Kennedy fit in there?

Yeh if Gray doesnt make it i'd expect Dunsmore to move up to the first team....i beleive he;s being doing the same role in the u20s.