PDA

View Full Version : BT Coverage

Evergreen86
30-09-2014, 04:14 PM
Never in my life have I heard or seen such a one sided programme of punditry.

It was absolutely dreadful so much so that you would think Rangers where playing Rangers.

Comments from 'Hibs setting up not to get beat here' to the 10 mins of waxing lyrical about the threat David Templeton will add BEFORE coming on and doing hee haw in the end.

The countless shots of The Rangers support (that where there) then the drivel at the end of the game from 4 bells trying not to say 'Aye it was a clear Penalty'

Stubbs was a class act at the end but Fat Swally wouldnt come out to face his 'pals'

Hibs leathered Rangers and there was nothing lucky or fortunate about it. Well done Stubbsy nothing short of what you deserve.

:flag::gwa::flag:

Michael
30-09-2014, 04:18 PM
If BT want to do one sided coverage then that's fair enough - it's their business. Different if the BBC do it.

Viva_Palmeiras
30-09-2014, 04:24 PM
Just before kick off a split second cut to a drummer with the no surrender tshirt.
That's an Editorial decision. Doing controversy is easy but it covers up for other lackings. Pathetic.

CallumLaidlaw
30-09-2014, 05:16 PM
Just before kick off a split second cut to a drummer with the no surrender tshirt.
That's an Editorial decision. Doing controversy is easy but it covers up for other lackings. Pathetic.

To be fair, I reckon they were cutting to him as he had a drum, and then just so happened to have that on the back of his T-shirt. They cut away VERY quickly. Found it quite funny.

They just couldn't believe that Hibs had won tho. They just kept on going about it.

I actually thought they were fairly honest with the penalty and possible red card decisions. 3 of them said it was a certain pen and a red to both. Only TheRangers player Kenny Miller said it wasnt a pen or red cards.

mca
30-09-2014, 05:17 PM
The weegie woman who couldn't keep her eyes open @ 10 mins I think.. priceless :wink:

worcesterhibby
30-09-2014, 05:29 PM
Firstly I am very glad that BT Sport covered the match otherwise I would't have seen it..so that was good. Secondly Stuart Lovell was pretty fair throughout.

However…having a current rangers player on the pundit team is just ludicrous !!! how can you have a player from one of the teams as part of the commentary..in the end it came back to bite them as poor wee Kenny Miller looked totally embarrassed having to slag of his team mates and the whole thing was beyond awkward.

Listening to the commentary for Rangers v Hibs was very much like listening to Rangers playing a European side. The focus was ALWAYS on Rangers..what they did well..what they did badly..how they can make changes in the 2nd half..a few grudging comments of respect about the funny foreign team that they don't know much about..then back to Rangers again. It really was like watching Rangers TV…oh well they can talk all they like….we still stuffed them :greengrin

West hamBERNIAN
30-09-2014, 05:29 PM

It was absolutely dreadful so much so that you would think Rangers where playing Rangers.

Comments from 'Hibs setting up not to get beat here' to the 10 mins of waxing lyrical about the threat David Templeton will add BEFORE coming on and doing hee haw in the end.

The countless shots of The Rangers support (that where there) then the drivel at the end of the game from 4 bells trying not to say 'Aye it was a clear Penalty'

Stubbs was a class act at the end but Fat Swally wouldnt come out to face his 'pals'

Hibs leathered Rangers and there was nothing lucky or fortunate about it. Well done Stubbsy nothing short of what you deserve.

It's been the same for years. Espn was the same or worse. I think they just see it as pleasing the majority of viewers being rangers or Celtic. Hate it. That was the most blatant pen I can remember last night, he was sliding in what seemed to be slow motion and if it were they would have been slating the ref.

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 05:32 PM
It's the just the age old mindset that when one the Old Firm are playing, the opposition are there to make up the numbers. Everything is viewed from a Rangers/Celtic perspective and whether the result/performance was good or bad for them.

ancient hibee
30-09-2014, 05:37 PM
In an article in the Daily Mail decrying the Ryder Cup the writer said what people in Scotland really wanted was Celtic versus Rangers for real passion!Obviously he felt let down at the lack of the Sash or Derry's Walls at Gleneagles.Similarly at the beginning of the season the Glesca Meeja were all making Clyde favourite for promotion just because Ferguson had taken over-echoed by the BBC of course.

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 05:40 PM
In an article in the Daily Mail decrying the Ryder Cup the writer said what people in Scotland really wanted was Celtic versus Rangers for real passion!Obviously he felt let down at the lack of the Sash or Derry's Walls at Gleneagles.Similarly at the beginning of the season the Glesca Meeja were all making Clyde favourite for promotion just because Ferguson had taken over-echoed by the BBC of course.

They thought it was Alex Ferguson.

Waxy
30-09-2014, 05:49 PM
They actually gave Miller an extra 30 seconds to get Boyd off the hook for his head thrust/butt.
Headbutts don't count if the heads are nearly touching he said.
No kenny Miller and BT sports.What you mean is headbutts don't count if it's a rangers player doing the butting.

Aldo
30-09-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm not so bothered bout BT Sport tbh. Craigan , whose an arse, was actually not too bad and Milker did say we were the best team they had played against.

I'd rather have BT Than those ****ing roasters on Sportsound....... Who will be absolutely spewing at our result last night.

Deansy
30-09-2014, 06:03 PM
If BT want to do one sided coverage then that's fair enough - it's their business. Different if the BBC do it.

As they're new to this, BT are just taking examples of the long-standing football channels and realised established ones like the BBC get away with their unbridled love of all-things 'Old ****' so it's good enough for them !

Btw, one of those plums said (pre-match) that 'Super-Salary' was 'unbeaten against Hibs in 5 games' - surely that's wrong ?

ekhibee
30-09-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm not so bothered bout BT Sport tbh. Craigan , whose an arse, was actually not too bad and Milker did say we were the best team they had played against.

I'd rather have BT Than those ****ing roasters on Sportsound....... Who will be absolutely spewing at our result last night.
Totally agree. Craigen seems to have a clear agenda against Hibs for some reason, but even he, grudgingly, didn't over-critisize them as much as he usually does. Him aside, I still rate BT considerably higher than anything Sportsound comes up with. I should also say that the prize for annoying little twat of the year is still retained by David Currie.

Mr White
30-09-2014, 06:07 PM
They were. It was great listening :greengrin

Aldo
30-09-2014, 06:09 PM
They were. It was great listening :greengrin

Good. I've not listened to that program for over 2 years.

Long may it continue

PPZPOL
30-09-2014, 06:12 PM
The programme is set up for a Rangers win, that's the flaw here. The "coverage" at Starks when they played Raith a few weeks back went bang to script as they won handsomely and fat Ally even came out after game and was "interviewed" by panel pitchside....cheeky chappy Ally was there for all to see after such a win which meant he could say things like "aye we were right good tonight" "and "Boydy has that in his locker" and "wee Blacky got right involved" and "Big Lee gives you that commitment" basically the usual pash you'd expect from an amateur Manager.

If they lose then let them awkwardly stumble through the post match analysis, it's funny to watch.:na na:

grunt
30-09-2014, 06:24 PM
Tuned in to the last 10 minutes of Sportsound, which basically consisted of a single uninterrupted lament from Chic Young on the depths to which The Rangers had now fallen. For a St Mirren fan he appeared somewhat upset at the state The Rangers found themselves in. Barely a mention of the opposition at all in that last 10 minute segment.

Scouse Hibee
30-09-2014, 06:27 PM

Pathetic, they even managed to mention the year 1902.

Mr White
30-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Tuned in to the last 10 minutes of Sportsound, which basically consisted of a single uninterrupted lament from Chic Young on the depths to which The Rangers had now fallen. For a St Mirren fan he appeared somewhat upset at the state The Rangers found themselves in. Barely a mention of the opposition at all in that last 10 minute segment.
He did a similar thing at half time slating half the sevco team and detailing changes that should be made to spark a second half comeback. Like you say, for a "buddies fan" he seemed somewhat emotionally involved :tee hee:

Waxy
30-09-2014, 06:31 PM
Pathetic, they even managed to mention the year 1902.I heard that too.Apparently we beat rangers 5-2 in 1902.i tell ye, if i ever get my hands on a flux capacitor.......

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 06:39 PM

He's a wee Hun to his core. Sounds suicidal when they lose.

Persevere80
30-09-2014, 07:38 PM
I heard that too.Apparently we beat rangers 5-2 in 1902.i tell ye, if i ever get my hands on a flux capacitor.......
Haha. That made me laugh.

http://www.myfluxcapacitor.com/putting-it-all-together Here's your guy.

Waxy
30-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Haha. That made me laugh.

http://www.myfluxcapacitor.com/putting-it-all-together Here's your guy.Brilliant.now if only i could get my car upto 88 mph.

Mikey09
30-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Not BT sport but one of the commentators on sportsound, Derek Ferguson I think, said at one point "Rangers are starting to knock the ball around a lot better now... Really pleasing to watch."
Impartial as ever our BBC!!! :faf:

Mibbes Aye
30-09-2014, 09:30 PM
In the build-up, the BT presenter, Darrell Currie (?) was walking down the touchline in the half The Rangers were warming up in and commented on them practicing shooting and with a completely straight face said something along the lines of "Let's hope they're accurate in the match".

TheFamous1875
30-09-2014, 10:06 PM
Totally agree. Craigen seems to have a clear agenda against Hibs for some reason, but even he, grudgingly, didn't over-critisize them as much as he usually does. Him aside, I still rate BT considerably higher than anything Sportsound comes up with. I should also say that the prize for annoying little twat of the year is still retained by David Currie.

What about Liam McLeod?

The Hibee Harp
30-09-2014, 10:06 PM
I've got to be honest and say Stephen craigen aside I normally don't mind the BT sport coverage but last night's programme was scandalous.

Everything seemed to be pro-Rangers and anti-Hibs. Derek Rae who is normally quite decent would've be less biased if he just came out and said "come on a Rangers". The examples that come to mind were talking about Ian Black's terrific record v Hibs whilst with Hearts. This is only half the story as there was no mention of Black's less impressive record v a Hibs with Inverness,

Rae also seemed to take great delight in telling the audience which Hibs players grew up Rangers fans and who they went to the games with as a boy, he even mention McGeouch who was even playing.

I actually thought the only pundit to take any credit last night was Kenny Miller who was brutally honest about his own teams failing and complimentary about Hibs at the same time.

The Hibee Harp
30-09-2014, 10:07 PM
What about Liam McCleod?

Oh yes, McLeod every day of the week. He hates us for some reason.