PDA

View Full Version : The biggest positive

Unseen work
30-09-2014, 03:57 PM
What was everyones biggest positive from last night?

For me there was a couple of points that really encouraged me:

Formation - Finding a formation that works and on Every single player on that pitch knew their role inside out and what was expected of them, when to press, when to sit. Including the subs what came on

Discipline - Very disciplined in terms of their work rate, not "cheating" by not getting back, and stuck to there role

Experience & Youth - We had a good mix of it last night, young guys like cummings, forster,allan and oxley were brilliant and never looked out of place at all. The experience of fontaine, craig, robertson, stevenson and gray showed and the done what was expected and helped the younger guys out

Leadership & Responsibility- Everyone stood up and was counted, fontaine made a massive difference and it brought it out more in hanlon and forster i feel

Real Emerald
30-09-2014, 04:04 PM
What was everyones biggest positive from last night?

For me there was a couple of points that really encouraged me:

Formation - Finding a formation that works and on Every single player on that pitch knew their role inside out and what was expected of them, when to press, when to sit. Including the subs what came on

Discipline - Very disciplined in terms of their work rate, not "cheating" by not getting back, and stuck to there role

Experience & Youth - We had a good mix of it last night, young guys like cummings, forster,allan and oxley were brilliant and never looked out of place at all. The experience of fontaine, craig, robertson, stevenson and gray showed and the done what was expected and helped the younger guys out

Leadership & Responsibility- Everyone stood up and was counted, fontaine made a massive difference and it brought it out more in hanlon and forster i feel
The biggest possitive is that us fans have finally got some hope back and we're talking about good results, good goals and a possitive outlook. Hope it all keeps going, we deserve it after the past few years.

HappyAsHellas
30-09-2014, 05:26 PM
Defenders

Last season, and even in this one, you get that uneasy feeling when an opposing team gets near the box, praying that no one mucks up. Last night was like night and day - Fontaine, Hanlon and Forster were superb all game, giving a feeling of confidence I haven't experienced in years. Long may it continue. AS said in his post match interview that he might change things again for Saturday, though I'm at a bit of a loss as to why. Then again, it's him that's turned it round so I'll leave it up to him.

Kaff
30-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Defenders

Last season, and even in this one, you get that uneasy feeling when an opposing team gets near the box, praying that no one mucks up. Last night was like night and day - Fontaine, Hanlon and Forster were superb all game, giving a feeling of confidence I haven't experienced in years. Long may it continue. AS said in his post match interview that he might change things again for Saturday, though I'm at a bit of a loss as to why. Then again, it's him that's turned it round so I'll leave it up to him.

I think 3 at the back makes it easier for our centre backs who seem to lack an organiser and this usually leaves gaps for good forwards to exploit when we're playing a flat 4. With the 3 they can keep closer much easier however that system requires fit, willing and defensively switched on wingback which Gray and Stevenson have certainly appeared to be so far. Fingers crossed that Gray was taken off early enough and there's no lasting damage to his hamstring

Iggy Pope
30-09-2014, 05:37 PM
Moving up that table was an enormous positive.

No shortage of team spirit by the look of it.

3 at the back is a seismic shift and we now seem to have a coach with a thought in his Berwick.

****ing love the away kit.

lucky
30-09-2014, 05:55 PM
Not sure 3 at the back will work when teams sit in and we've got to dominate rather than counter attacking but the big plus last night was Craig and Robertson actually performed

HibbyAndy
30-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Not sure 3 at the back will work when teams sit in and we've got to dominate rather than counter attacking but the big plus last night was Craig and Robertson actually performed

We played 3-5-2 under Mcleish and won a shed load of games with that formation.

SMAXXA
30-09-2014, 06:36 PM
Have a look at the bench aswell which looks pretty strong then throw in farid and again very positive. What was the situation with Sinclair see he wasn't even in the squad? Also glad to see the likes of Harris and Stanton having a spell out the team. Was defo the right thing for them in my opinion, great that we have options now.

SanFranHibs
30-09-2014, 06:59 PM
You've got to accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative.
Hang on to the affirmative, don't mess with mister in between.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrC9Tu8gpo

Am I right or am I right?

:thumbsup:

Persevere80
30-09-2014, 09:24 PM
Seeing them playing as a team

Stax
30-09-2014, 10:01 PM
Agree with everyone and their thoughts so far. On a more trivial point just, looking forward to buying a paper or two and reading about the game made a nice wee change :agree:

greenlex
30-09-2014, 10:44 PM
3points

IanM
01-10-2014, 03:48 AM
My biggest positive was Oxley. some of the goals we've shipped this season his positioning has been questionable but there's no doubt Monday was his best performance in a Hibs shirt.

Crossing, handling, positioning, saves and most notably his distribution were all spot on. Without getting too carried away but the length he gets on his kicks means we're capable of turning nothing into something quite easily.

3-5-2 seems to work but there's no doubt in my mind the 3 at the back is only successful when your keeper gives you confidence

plus, he's scored more this season in the league than Kris Boyd

sahib
01-10-2014, 06:34 PM
3points

3 goals. It don't matter if you concede one when you score 3.
No post mortems on whose fault it was that they scored. Great.

Jim Herriot
01-10-2014, 06:49 PM
The biggest positive?

Apologies in advance..

Permit me to express it in song...

Terry Butcher has a garden
Such a pretty little garden
He's been working on his garden
As the Hibs go marching on

(I think you can guess the tune.)

spike220
02-10-2014, 08:31 AM
The biggest positive?

Apologies in advance..

Permit me to express it in song...

Terry Butcher has a garden
Such a pretty little garden
He's been working on his garden
As the Hibs go marching on

(I think you can guess the tune.)

Sorry cant guess the tune?? A must be a slow the day ken.

snooky
02-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Sorry cant guess the tune?? A must be a slow the day ken.

Asssuming yer no' being sarcastic, then "marching on" is a dead giveaway. ;-)