PDA

View Full Version : Team vs Raith

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-09-2014, 02:48 PM
Same again please, unless David Gray is injured.

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Robertson
Allan
Craig
Stevenson

Cummings
Malonga

If Gray is unfortunately injured, who replaces him, Booth? Or one of the young guns in Craine or Martinyuk?

GGTTH

Billy Whizz
30-09-2014, 02:49 PM
Think we may go 442 against Raith

30-09-2014, 02:50 PM
Why change a winning team. Unless theres an injury i'd keep the same team. :thumbsup:

oneone73
30-09-2014, 02:54 PM

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Robertson
Allan
Craig
Stevenson

Cummings
Malonga

If Gray is unfortunately injured, who replaces him, Booth? Or one of the young guns in Craine or Martinyuk?

GGTTH
Anyone think McGeouch could play right wing back?

andrew70
30-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Anyone think McGeouch could play right wing back?

Yes I do. He'll slot in there if Gray is out.

heretoday
30-09-2014, 02:55 PM
Why change a winning team. Unless theres an injury i'd keep the same team. :thumbsup:
Exactly. No tinkering about.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-09-2014, 02:59 PM

:agree:

Pete
30-09-2014, 03:08 PM

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine

Gray
Robertson
Allan
Craig
Stevenson

Cummings
Malonga

GGTTH

Hmm...I like the idea of not changing a winning team or but our needs will be different against Raith. Stubbs himself hinted that formations will change depending on the opposition and we will be "fluid" in that respect.

I expect a 4-4-2 with a centre half being benched. I'm not sure anyone merits being dropped after last night though. At a push it would be Forster plus A.N. Other lining up next week.

Billy Whizz
30-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Hmm...I like the idea of not changing a winning team or but our needs will be different against Raith. Stubbs himself hinted that formations will change depending on the opposition and we will be "fluid" in that respect.

I expect a 4-4-2 with a centre half being benched. I'm not sure anyone merits being dropped after last night though. At a push it would be Forster plus A.N. Other lining up next week.

He hinted that in his after match interview
If Gray is injured, lewis will stay at right back, and either Hanlon or Fontaine will cover at left back

Steven_Hibs
30-09-2014, 03:22 PM
What about Forster at RWB?

TheFamous1875
30-09-2014, 03:43 PM

He's too much of a unit to pass as a wing-back! Same applies to Fontaine, although both could possibly deputise as 'defensive' full-backs who aren't required to get up the park as much as Stevenson, Booth and Gray are.

ancient hibee
30-09-2014, 05:32 PM
I think last nights formation will not do against a team that comes to ER to defend.

Iggy Pope
30-09-2014, 05:42 PM
I think last nights formation will not do against a team that comes to ER to defend.

Interesting, as previous formations haven't worked either, particularly against Falkirk. What are you thinking?

scoopyboy
30-09-2014, 05:42 PM

I agree.

I think he may go 4-4-2.

If David Gray doesn't make it push Jordon Foster out to right back.

Paul Hanlon has a broken nose, not sure if that will keep him out or not.

ancient hibee
30-09-2014, 05:45 PM
Interesting, as previous formations haven't worked either, particularly against Falkirk. What are you thinking?

Not sure to be honest.Think last night is a counter attacking line up.

West hamBERNIAN
30-09-2014, 05:46 PM
Cummings also picked up a knock. If he doesn't make it I'd like to see Harris playing off malonga.

woody0-7
30-09-2014, 05:47 PM

Tbf last season they attacked from the first minute!

Aldo
30-09-2014, 05:48 PM
If it ain't broken and all that.

I'd prefer to keep the 3-5-2 as it suits.

I'd rather we played a system we are doing well with.

I also think that McGeoch would fill in ok but what about Robertson??

West hamBERNIAN
30-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Not sure to be honest.Think last night is a counter attacking line up.

I don't think so, 1zt half we were competing well and forcing them back. I think it would work well providing we have the players to play it.

Aldo
30-09-2014, 05:49 PM
Cummings also picked up a knock. If he doesn't make it I'd like to see Harris playing off malonga.

I would prefer Kennedy but we need someone there that is direct and has some pace. Him or Harris!

Pretty Boy
30-09-2014, 05:51 PM
352 is a very adaptable formation. Whilst last night it was all about counter attacking, it can also be a formation that pushes you onto the front foot.

I'd be loathe to change it on the back of 2 wins. If it isn't working after 45 minutes on Saturday then it can be adapted quite easily to 442 or 4411

3pm
30-09-2014, 05:51 PM
If it ain't broken and all that.

I'd prefer to keep the 3-5-2 as it suits.

I'd rather we played a system we are doing well with.

I also think that McGeoch would fill in ok but what about Robertson??

Bench - but he'll be playing!

Aldo
30-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Bench.

Ha! See what you did there 3pm.

West hamBERNIAN
30-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Was Kennedy on the bench last night? Shame for him as he has been excellent from what I've seen. Doesn't really fit in a 352 unless he can play through the middle in Allen's place I guess.

wookie70
30-09-2014, 09:02 PM
If Gray is injured I would play Robertson at right wing back and bring back McGeough. He needs to keep the team as similar as possible to get some kind of consistency. When did we last play the same 11 two games on the spin.

The Leith Dutch
01-10-2014, 06:35 AM
So at Ibrokes we played a brand of 3-5-2 that is geared towards defence and counter attack -
Two blocks of 3 in the centre and the wide players primarily tasked with defending and looking to hit on the break (that said they obviously attacked brilliantly :) )

Against Raith - especially if Gray is injured - why not move to an attacking 3-5-2 where the wide players play are proper wingers?
Tough on Stevenson who was outstanding on Monday but what about same team with Kennedy and Harris replacing Gray and Stevenson?
We shouldn't fear Raith - they should be terrified of stepping over the half way line.

Also Hanlon has played LB and Forster RB so we can look broadly like a back 4 depending on which side they're attacking and I'd doubt Raith are going to switch the play in a fast and deadly enough way to expose us.

Just a thought mind and, if Gray is fit, I'd be inclined to go with the same as Monday.

Steven_Hibs
01-10-2014, 11:48 AM
He's too much of a unit to pass as a wing-back! Same applies to Fontaine, although both could possibly deputise as 'defensive' full-backs who aren't required to get up the park as much as Stevenson, Booth and Gray are.

Really? I remember last season when he played RB. He was really good and played a blinder vs hearts at new year. Always bombing up and down the wing.

J-C
01-10-2014, 02:29 PM

If you're playing 4 at the back you don't need wing backs, you play with a wide mid or a winger.

I'd go 4-3-3

Oxley

Forster
Hanlon
Fontaine
Stevenson

Robertson
Allan/McGeouch
Craig

Sinclair
Malonga
Cummings

PeterboroHibee
01-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Ill be surprised if Stubbs changes the formation, although I suppose you never know. Think it would also be a mistake to move Stevenson to RWB if Gray is out, he isnt as comfortable on that side and we lose alot of the attacking threat that he offers on the left (almost making it pointless playing wing backs). If Gray is injured that should be the only change, and it should be a right sided player who comes in (although Im not sure who...).

AlbertK86
01-10-2014, 05:13 PM
If you're playing 4 at the back you don't need wing backs, you play with a wide mid or a winger. I'd go 4-3-3 Oxley Forster Hanlon Fontaine Stevenson Robertson Allan/McGeouch Craig Sinclair Malonga Cummings

Was Sinclair injured or just rested on Wednesday

J-C
01-10-2014, 05:16 PM
Was Sinclair injured or just rested on Wednesday

Do you mean monday? I think he was on the bench.

Billy Whizz
01-10-2014, 05:17 PM
Do you mean monday? I think he was on the bench.

He wasn't stripped, and neither was Handling

J-C
01-10-2014, 05:32 PM
He wasn't stripped, and neither was Handling

Just checked, only Handling was stripped as a sub not Sinclair

Billy Whizz
01-10-2014, 05:34 PM
Just checked, only Handling was stripped as a sub not Sinclair

You're right about Danny, didnt think he was on the bench

J-C
01-10-2014, 05:41 PM
You're right about Danny, didnt think he was on the bench

Thought I was going mad there as I was sure I seen his sitting right behind Stubbs :greengrin

SteveHFC
01-10-2014, 09:05 PM
Hipster Filth

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
Allan
Robertson
Craig
Stevenson

Cummings
Malonga

JimBHibees
02-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Hipster Filth

Forster
Fontaine
Hanlon

Gray
Allan
Robertson
Craig
Stevenson

Cummings
Malonga

Same team apart from whoever the right back is in the u20s.

Stevie Reid
02-10-2014, 05:10 PM
Same team apart from whoever the right back is in the u20s.

I'd be tempted to try the 3-5-2 again with Kennedy coming in for Gray, Kennedy seems to have the kind of engine to get up and down the park, though I appreciate that his defensive ability is likely not to be so strong.

By doing that, we have the option of reverting to 4-4-2 if necessary, with Forster going to RB and Stevenson to LB, and Kennedy and Craig in wide midfield roles.

number9dream
03-10-2014, 02:19 PM
How about 3-4-3? Martinez used it at Wigan and has tried it a couple of times with Everton.

Ox
Forster Hanlon Fontaine
McGeough Allan Craig Stevenson
Kennedy Malonga Cummings

Brightside
03-10-2014, 02:24 PM
How about 3-4-3? Martinez used it at Wigan and has tried it a couple of times with Everton.

Ox
Forster Hanlon Fontaine
McGeough Allan Craig Stevenson
Kennedy Malonga Cummings

THIS.. :aok:. quickly becomes a 541 when under pressure. Can't have kennedy in a 352 - great going forward but he cant defend.

Unseen work
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
have a feeling he will change the formation

oxley

forster fontaine hanlon stevenson

Harris allan craig kennedy

malonga cummings

Said in the paper he is open to changing it and likes to decide on the team we play, i think the fact its at home to raith he will want to be positive and go for it.