PDA

View Full Version : New Huns Boss

southsider
30-09-2014, 01:04 PM
Terry Butcher at 6/1. How funny would that be if they punted Aly and appointed him.

jacomo
30-09-2014, 01:10 PM
Terry Butcher at 6/1. How funny would that be if they punted Aly and appointed him.

Don't think it would happen. Butcher doesn't seem too popular at Ibrox, for some reason.

However, it would be lovely to see Butcher's unique brand of management at The Rangers. I'm sure they wouldn't mind getting relegated this season, so long as the gaffer used the opportunity to 'bring his own players in'.

Diclonius
30-09-2014, 01:12 PM
Would make beating them all the more sweeter.

Think Calderwood has now been surpassed as my "most disliked" ex Hibs boss.

Brightside
30-09-2014, 01:18 PM
They cannot afford to sack Ally.

SanFranHibs
30-09-2014, 01:20 PM
Not sure if Butcher is an improvement on anyone but person-ALLY I hope he stays!

They will win more games than they will lose but three times I have seen them this season and they look devoid of ideas. Even in the first game against us and the Hearts game they rarely got the defences and are mostly dependent on set pieces.

Long may he stay there!

Keith_M
30-09-2014, 01:25 PM

:agree:

They can't afford the pay-off and Ally doesn't do walking away....from his only chance of ever being paid 1/2Mill per year as a Manager.

It's a win-win situation, for everybody else. :wink:

chinaman
30-09-2014, 01:28 PM
They"ll have to punt the fat greedy slob cos he doesnt do "walking away" I hope he doesnt go anytime soon and super diddy and his diddymen help to kill hunco mk 2

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 05:36 PM
Sally must stay, and all talk of his possible sacking must be quashed!

3pm
30-09-2014, 05:38 PM
The bad news for the the Rangers is that McCoist doesn't do 'walking away'.

hibees 7062
30-09-2014, 05:39 PM
Billy Davies :wink:

Pretty Boy
30-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Sally must stay, and all talk of his possible sacking must be quashed!

Maybe they could bring in Terry as an advisor to help Ally out.

You know to give him a bit help with tactical adaptability, man management and confidence building.

I think that's what needs to happen.

GreenLake
30-09-2014, 05:45 PM

Especially from buffet tables.

Michael
30-09-2014, 05:46 PM
My money's on McCall.

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 05:47 PM

You know to give him a bit help with tactical adaptability, man management and confidence building.

Wow, the dream ticket :-D

Rangers wouldn't have Butcher back. Not since his autobiography in which he said he had a narrow escape from Rangers' culture of bigotry.

lucky
30-09-2014, 05:52 PM
Not going to happen unless there is a change of ownership. They are skint so they can't get rid

hibees 7062
30-09-2014, 05:59 PM
My money's on McCall.

Money doon the drain then :agree:

hibees 7062
30-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Not going to happen unless there is a change of ownership. They are skint so they can't get rid

What contract is he on ?

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 06:01 PM
What contract is he on ?

About £400,000 per year! :-D

Ronniekirk
30-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Flip that They can't afford not to They can't risk not coming straight back up given Financial difficulties they are in

Ronniekirk
30-09-2014, 06:04 PM
But he will do Gardening Leave if the price is right

Billy Whizz
30-09-2014, 06:05 PM
But he will do Gardening Leave if the price is right

Ronnie, Not sure they can afford to put him on gardening leave and employ another Manager

hibees 7062
30-09-2014, 06:12 PM
About £400,000 per year! :-D

When's it up ?

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 06:15 PM
When's it up ?

I dunno, to be honest. Hopefully it's a ten year deal!

ekhibee
30-09-2014, 06:18 PM
It amazes me that a club with the financial problems that Sevco have are paying a useless numpty like that £400k a year. Long may it continue!

Jonnyboy
30-09-2014, 06:20 PM
It amazes me that a club with the financial problems that Sevco have are paying a useless numpty like that £400k a year. Long may it continue!

That's after a voluntary 50% pay cut too :shocked:

As for Butcher and Rangers, let's be honest, they deserve each other :wink:

Sudds_1
30-09-2014, 06:22 PM
what about Jimmy Calderwood.....he's available I think, and a tango man would fit in just perfectly with the orange hordes................

Winston Ingram
30-09-2014, 06:23 PM

This...

...but how funny would it be if they did and appointed Butcher :faf:

CallumLaidlaw
30-09-2014, 06:25 PM
I dunno, to be honest. Hopefully it's a ten year deal!

Was speaking a a Rangers ST holder at my work today. Apparently its a rolling contract but he would be entitled to £1.6m if they sacked him!!! :thumbsup:

And they just confirmed today that they've had to repay £1.5m in loans to Easdale, etc. They are broke.

He says they would be happy if they scrapped all the high earners and played the laddies even if it meant not going up for a year or two. They would have been happy with this approach from when they started in the 3rd division, but the club felt they had to chuck money at has beens

Ronniekirk
30-09-2014, 06:27 PM
Ronnie, Not sure they can afford to put him on gardening leave and employ another Manager
I know what your saying billy ,but they won't shift many half season tickets if they hang on to him and the fans are already not enamoured with present set up so won't take a lot for pressure to grow .
They have no wriggle room they must come back up and if only way to achieve that is dump McCoist they may have to go cap in hand to the likes of George Letham or whoever is still backing them to stay afloat thought yon green fellow was trying to muscle back on the scene .The whole shabby farce is embarrassing My only regret from last night was that I didn't bloody go after all but will be there on Saturday

hibees 7062
30-09-2014, 06:37 PM
That's after a voluntary 50% pay cut too :shocked:

As for Butcher and Rangers, let's be honest, they deserve each other :wink:

I heard he never took it J

Hibernia&Alba
30-09-2014, 06:46 PM
Was speaking a a Rangers ST holder at my work today. Apparently its a rolling contract but he would be entitled to £1.6m if they sacked him!!! :thumbsup:

And they just confirmed today that they've had to repay £1.5m in loans to Easdale, etc. They are broke.

He says they would be happy if they scrapped all the high earners and played the laddies even if it meant not going up for a year or two. They would have been happy with this approach from when they started in the 3rd division, but the club felt they had to chuck money at has beens

Surely administration is again inevitable? It seems as if they're trying to hold back the tide.

weonlywon6-2
30-09-2014, 06:51 PM
Walter the saviour will come in i would think

iwasthere1972
30-09-2014, 06:55 PM
:singing: Oh dear what can the matter be
They scored one
We only scored the three
We've got Stubbsy
They got fat Sa-al-lly
He's getting sacked in the morning. :singing:

madsen5
30-09-2014, 07:42 PM
Surely administration is again inevitable? It seems as if they're trying to hold back the tide.

There was a rom our in here a few weeks ago that they wouldn't last until Christmas .

Jack Hackett
30-09-2014, 08:21 PM
Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Lovin' it :greengrin

BOB MARLEYS DUG
30-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Appoint Butcher and Malpiss please.

portycabbage
30-09-2014, 08:44 PM
Appoint Butcher and Malpiss please.

Would Formerly Rangers FC not have to pay us compensation? Well somebody bloody well should!

sleeping giant
30-09-2014, 08:53 PM

This is what i thought they would have done.

They had the perfect base to do that. Great training facilities and a bunch of youngsters that would have been up there with the best youngsters in Scottish football. One would imagine that they would have strolled the bottom divisions and the laddies would have been ready to take on the challenge to get into the SPL.

Jonnyboy
30-09-2014, 09:07 PM
I heard he never took it J

Really? Sure I read somewhere that he'd dropped from c£800k to c£400k? Whatever the facts, he's still an ar5ehole :greengrin

hibees 7062
30-09-2014, 09:18 PM
Really? Sure I read somewhere that he'd dropped from c£800k to c£400k? Whatever the facts, he's still an ar5ehole :greengrin

Aye he said he was but never did . They should put that in the paper :agree:

Jonnyboy
30-09-2014, 09:24 PM

Lucius Apuleius
30-09-2014, 09:32 PM

They had the perfect base to do that. Great training facilities and a bunch of youngsters that would have been up there with the best youngsters in Scottish football. One would imagine that they would have strolled the bottom divisions and the laddies would have been ready to take on the challenge to get into the SPL.

Absolutely correct SG. It is the common sense approach that they never even considered. To be honest it is also the route most hun supporters would have preferred to go down as well. Also IMO a huge loss to the Scottish national team as the chance was there to bring bairns through. Altogether sad.

ehf
30-09-2014, 09:35 PM
:agree::agree:

And to drill in the mindset that it's always good to concede an early goal, because it relieves the fear of conceding an early goal...

alloahibby
30-09-2014, 09:47 PM
Would make beating them all the more sweeter.

Think Calderwood has now been surpassed as my "most disliked" ex Hibs boss.

Really ? Calderwood more disliked than Bobby Williamson ?
Obviously Butcher heads the list right enough

Jonnyboy
30-09-2014, 09:49 PM

That's a big YES from me. Williamson was incompetent. Calderwood showed nothing but utter contempt for Hibs and was a total disgrace :agree:

ehf
30-09-2014, 09:57 PM
That's a big YES from me. Williamson was incompetent. Calderwood showed nothing but utter contempt for Hibs and was a total disgrace :agree:

Difficult to forgive Williamson for the 4-4 fiasco (all he had to do was make a substitution at 3-4) but the thought of Calderwood makes my flesh creep.

ScottB
30-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Absolutely correct SG. It is the common sense approach that they never even considered. To be honest it is also the route most hun supporters would have preferred to go down as well. Also IMO a huge loss to the Scottish national team as the chance was there to bring bairns through. Altogether sad.

Do they even have much of a youth set up? Other than the odd kid turning up every year or two...

ian cruise
01-10-2014, 07:08 AM

living in the west coast I've a lot of Rangers supporting friends (and the odd family member, in both senses of the word) and they almost all said from the get go that's the route the wanted to go. Bring up their own youth and ditch the high earners. A lot of them don't care about the club any longer as the feel so disassociated with what's going on. During the summer I had a fear we were going the same way but we may have just turned a corner

AndyM_1875
01-10-2014, 08:08 AM

That's basically it. Rangers U20s side finished 2nd in 2012.
They could have kept them all on plus the players who stayed and it would have cost them buttons. As a full time side they would have won Divisions 3 and 2 without any real issues and by now they would have a young battle hardened side and they could have used some of the IPO money to set up a scouting network which they now totally lack.
Instead they threw huge contracts around at 30 somethings and never will be's.

As examples of idiocy, Rangers behaviour as a club from summer 2012 up to now take some beating.

Keith_M
01-10-2014, 08:30 AM
McCoist said previously that the reason they went with (relatively) big names and not a mixture of Youths and low wage Seniors was that the Fans wouldn't have bought Season Tickets in such big numbers. Obviously it was nothing whatsoever to do with him not having a clue as a Manager.

As for the Fat Sally Pay cut: The 50% Cut Story came from one Newspaper Headline, not backed up by facts, that has been repeated ad-infinitum by every Paper ever since. The last I read about it was that he actually has taken a Pay Cut but he is now on 500k per year plus Bonuses. Knowing The Rangers, the Bonus could well be 500k as well.....

TrinityHibs
01-10-2014, 08:48 AM

I am fairly sure he did. Dropped from £800K to £400K but if they get rid of him they have to pay what he gave up so it would be £1.6M to get rid off him. This came from a Celtc supporter who has followed The Rangers financial woes closely

Crazyhorse
01-10-2014, 08:56 AM

McCoist was a key problem he ran around screaming about having no players and that they had to sign 'quality' players to rise up through the leagues - players that befitted one of the biggest clubs in the world etc. They ended up signing journeymen on hugely inflated salaries while Green et al stuffed their suitcases with cash and exited through the back door. And I say ha ha ha ha ha ha......

HappyAsHellas
01-10-2014, 09:11 AM
Not sure if it was a pay cut or deferral or what, but over on DerHUn.net they're posting stuff like this:

JCDBigBear:
I'll tell you what kind of fan accepts shares at 1p each when every other fan pays 70p each, A Greedy self-serving one. Cheap shares do cost the club money, in fact his 1m shares appear to have cost us in the region of £690k.

On the day he is sacked (because he is too greedy and too big-headed to walk away) I will celebrate. He should be buying the support a drink not accepting one. The King Canute of managers. The reason he has not been sacked is probably twofold. Firstly we haven't got the money to pay him off and secondly the fall-out from fans has probably been a consideration. McCoist has been very "cute" using the fans to keep onside with those in charge. If it had been anyone else we would have a new manager in place (assuming they didn't cost us so much). His salary level is a disgrace, it is obscene and McCoist knows it which is why he tried to have it kept out of the public domain. He knows the club is struggling financially and the only reason he finally agreed to a pay cut/deferral was due to the outcry from the fans when his £760k per annum was noted in the accounts. He previously took a "wage cut" but got it back as soon as the IPO went through.

McCoist was a playing legend for us but I no longer have any respect for him now. I can't even watch him on the TV which shows how low he has sunk in my estimation.

There are other posts, in fact many, on this subject but most of them contain expletives and profanities that would not be allowed on here.

jacomo
01-10-2014, 10:45 AM

Fat Bobby gave way more to Hibs than the Clown.

hibees 7062
01-10-2014, 07:26 PM
I am fairly sure he did. Dropped from £800K to £400K but if they get rid of him they have to pay what he gave up so it would be £1.6M to get rid off him. This came from a Celtc supporter who has followed The Rangers financial woes closely

Nope confirmed today from a sevco supporter who has followed The Rangers financial woes closely

majorhibs
01-10-2014, 09:38 PM
Fat Bobby gave way more to Hibs than the Clown.

Williamson, whatever way you took him, came in & gave this job what he had. Maybe no articulate or clever, but IMO that was his #1 shot, & lets no rewrite things, he came in with a bit o a guffy hand. Went pear shaped & he was nae diplomat, but there was something there when he cleared off. I reckon, out o a few previous since him, he handed over something workable. Shouldnae have been there to start IMO, but then, I now see every touch of Petrie as the Grim Reapers.
Seriouso! Youve got nae Grim Reaper Smilies left on Hibs.net? WOW! Influential! Anyway, WOW, you are some iron Rod, Rod!

FranckSuzy
02-10-2014, 10:28 PM
Williamson, whatever way you took him, came in & gave this job what he had. Maybe no articulate or clever, but IMO that was his #1 shot, & lets no rewrite things, he came in with a bit o a guffy hand. Went pear shaped & he was nae diplomat, but there was something there when he cleared off. I reckon, out o a few previous since him, he handed over something workable. Shouldnae have been there to start IMO, but then, I now see every touch of Petrie as the Grim Reapers.
Seriouso! Youve got nae Grim Reaper Smilies left on Hibs.net? WOW! Influential! Anyway, WOW, you are some iron Rod, Rod!

:cheers: :tee hee:

majorhibs
02-10-2014, 10:51 PM
:cheers: :tee hee:

Was a good night o Spanish beer last night, admittedly. :greengrin Still, back in blighty now, up to Senor Stubbs to make sure that we all keep the momentum going, no the wide open easy oasy fat sallys huns up next but lets do the bizness consistently & make our mark on this division! :flag: