PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings

spike220
30-09-2014, 09:06 AM
Can anyone who watched the match please give us some player ratings, I have only seen the highlights.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
30-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Wee Lewis was awesome again.

Purehibee_MYB
30-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Oxley 7- Commanded his box well. Never had too much to do though which is good for a keeper.

Fontaine 8- Excellent. Really solid as with the rest of the back 3.
Hanlon 8- Same as Fontaine. Had Boyd in his back pocket.
Forster 8- Won't mark him down for the poor defensive header that led to their goal as he was also solid.

Stevenson 9- Absolutely excellent. Set up two goals and defended well. Fits the role brilliantly
Gray 8- Great run for the goal. Same as Stevenson putting in crosses. Only played one half though so one mark less.

Craig 8- Captain's performance. Defended well and passed well. Some good set pieces.
Robertson 7- Broke up play and was involved in many of the counter attacks.

Allan 7- Did well. Quiet in the second half but a lot of pulling the strings in the first.

Malonga 8- Great at holding the ball up and going past players. Got great feet and touch
Cummings 9- 'Touch of an angel' and great finishes for the goals.

Subs- Booth 7- Got beaten by Aird a few times but solid performance overall
Harris 7- Looks confident and caused a bit of trouble. Should have scored.

Unseen work
30-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Oxley - 8 - commanded his box, organised it well and everything looked easy for him, also got a assist

Forster - 8- very assured in his defending and was solid

Fontaine - 9 - brilliant, don't think he missed a header or tackle all night, looks a leader

Hanlon -8- very impressive along with the other 2 aswell as taking a bloody nose

Gray -8- when he was on he was brilliant, constantly up the line and is ideal for a wingback, good goal

Stevenson -9- it's a good thing people say he never creates chances? 2 brilliant assists

Allan-9- so calm on the ball and looks for the killer pass and can go past a player. Through ball to harris for his chance was sublime aswell as the skill on black

Craig -8- worked hard as anyone and was first to every 50-50 lead by example

Robertson -7- worked really hard but would like to see him make better use of the ball, really heavy touches and really under hit passes gets us in danger

Malonga -8- what a touch this guy has, instant control, can set up chances as well as score them

Cummings -9- great finished for both goals and a constant threat

R'Albin
30-09-2014, 10:28 AM
Oxley 8 - Did everything he had to do well and a very good assist for the goal.

Forster 8 - Slightly at fault for the goal but made easy work of the Rangers strikers all game.
Hanlon 9 - Almost faultless.
Fontaine 9 - See above.

Gray 8 - Yet again he was very, very good. Back defending at one end then up scoring goals at the other. Would have contested Stevenson for MOTM had he stayed on.

Stevenson 9 - His fitness is just ridiculous. He never stopped running the whole game and was back doing his defensive duties, but still able to go upfield and put in some cracking crosses. MOTM

Robertson 7 - Decent performance, although his passing was poor again.
Craig 8 - Won a load of headers, tackled well and passed well. We need performances like this from him every week.
Allan 9 - Good shifts from the two behind him allowed him to create which he did very well. I don't think anybody else in our side could have played that ball through to Harris.

Malonga 8 - This guy looks a player. Capable of winning high balls and holding up the play but also very tricky with his feet. I bet he would have tucked away the pen that he should have been given.
Cummings 9 - That touch really was different class and the commentary team completely ignored it at the time. He wasn't massively involved outwith his two goals but they were both quality and warrant a nine on their own.

Booth 6 - I think Stubbs was vindicated in not starting him. He seemed to struggle a bit playing the wing-back role. Hopefully he can grow into it over time. Not a bad performance but Stevenson was certainly the better of the two.

Stubbs 10 - Completely outclassed fat Sally tactically.

I've given extremely high ratings there but I cannot remember the last time I watched us play that well. There wasn't a bad performance from anyone in a Hibs shirt. If we put in half of that performance we would still be beating sides like Alloa, QoS, Cowdenbeath etc with ease.

yerauldda
30-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Oxley - 7, Hanlon - 9, Fontaine - 9, Forster - 9, Stevenson - 10, Gray - 8, Craig - 8, Robertson - 7, Allan - 8, Cummings - 10, Malonga - 8, Booth - 7.

The_Exile
30-09-2014, 11:08 AM
Oxley - 8 - commanded his box, organised it well and everything looked easy for him, also got a assist

Forster - 8- very assured in his defending and was solid

Fontaine - 9 - brilliant, don't think he missed a header or tackle all night, looks a leader

Hanlon -8- very impressive along with the other 2 aswell as taking a bloody nose

Gray -8- when he was on he was brilliant, constantly up the line and is ideal for a wingback, good goal

Stevenson -9- it's a good thing people say he never creates chances? 2 brilliant assists

Allan-9- so calm on the ball and looks for the killer pass and can go past a player. Through ball to harris for his chance was sublime aswell as the skill on black

Craig -8- worked hard as anyone and was first to every 50-50 lead by example

Robertson -7- worked really hard but would like to see him make better use of the ball, really heavy touches and really under hit passes gets us in danger

Malonga -8- what a touch this guy has, instant control, can set up chances as well as score them

Cummings -9- great finished for both goals and a constant threat

Would agree with all those ratings. The one thing that warmed my heart last night was Fontaine's performance, never missed a beat, one of the most commanding performances from a centre back I've seen since Jones. The entire defensive unit was great last night but Fontaine absolutely dominated his zone and was bloody superb.

HUTCHYHIBBY
30-09-2014, 11:11 AM
Cannae be arsed going through them all but, credit where it's due, Stevenson was outstanding. Hopefully that now continues.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2014, 12:08 PM
Oxley - 8 Comfortable under crosses, couple of good saves.

Hanlon
Forster
Fontaine - 9s all around. Outstanding especially under heavy pressure in the 2nd half.

Gray - 7. Good 1st half and a goal. Subbed.
stevenson - 9. 2 assists. Never saw as much of the ball in the 2nd half but what a shift he put in.

Robertson - 7. Quietly effective.
Craig - 8. Scrapped for everything and played like a captain should.
Allan - 7.5. Far more like what I expect from him.

Cummings - 9. 2 goals, worked hard, played with a swagger. Leigh who?
Malonga - 8. Work rate was top notch and used the ball superbly.

Booth - 6. Needs games but going to be tough if Stevenson keeps playing like he did last night.

HFC 0-7
30-09-2014, 12:26 PM
Oxley - 8 Comfortable under crosses, couple of good saves.

Hanlon
Forster
Fontaine - 9s all around. Outstanding especially under heavy pressure in the 2nd half.

Gray - 7. Good 1st half and a goal. Subbed.
stevenson - 9. 2 assists. Never saw as much of the ball in the 2nd half but what a shift he put in.

Robertson - 7. Quietly effective.
Craig - 8. Scrapped for everything and played like a captain should.
Allan - 7.5. Far more like what I expect from him.

Cummings - 9. 2 goals, worked hard, played with a swagger. Leigh who?
Malonga - 8. Work rate was top notch and used the ball superbly.

Booth - 6. Needs games but going to be tough if Stevenson keeps playing like he did last night.

think Booth will be getting a few games coming up if Gray has hamstring issues. Thats the issue with wong backs like we had against rangers, whoever they are need to be very fit. Players who are prone to muscle pulls etc will struggle in that position. Gray has had that hamstring strapped since his first game I think.

Seveno
30-09-2014, 01:05 PM
Not often that there is so much consistency in ratings and I wouldn'y agrue with any of them.

Lewis was outstanding and easily my MOTM.

NAE NOOKIE
30-09-2014, 03:41 PM
Cant argue with the high marks handed out here. Easily our best performance of the season, but especially high marks to the back 3 who were up against Boyd and Daley for a big chunk of the match and barely gave them a sniff. Even the goal we conceded was the result of a deflection.

Jonnyboy
30-09-2014, 03:44 PM
Oxley 7- Commanded his box well. Never had too much to do though which is good for a keeper.

Fontaine 8- Excellent. Really solid as with the rest of the back 3.
Hanlon 8- Same as Fontaine. Had Boyd in his back pocket.
Forster 8- Won't mark him down for the poor defensive header that led to their goal as he was also solid.

Stevenson 9- Absolutely excellent. Set up two goals and defended well. Fits the role brilliantly
Gray 8- Great run for the goal. Same as Stevenson putting in crosses. Only played one half though so one mark less.

Craig 8- Captain's performance. Defended well and passed well. Some good set pieces.
Robertson 7- Broke up play and was involved in many of the counter attacks.

Allan 7- Did well. Quiet in the second half but a lot of pulling the strings in the first.

Malonga 8- Great at holding the ball up and going past players. Got great feet and touch
Cummings 9- 'Touch of an angel' and great finishes for the goals.

Subs- Booth 7- Got beaten by Aird a few times but solid performance overall
Harris 7- Looks confident and caused a bit of trouble. Should have scored.

Agree with all of that. I've highlighted Allan simply to say his through ball to Boozy for the one on one was, well erm Boozy class :greengrin

Unseen work
30-09-2014, 03:48 PM
Agree with all of that. I've highlighted Allan simply to say his through ball to Boozy for the one on one was, well erm Boozy class :greengrin

he done really well last night;

through ball to harris was sublime
the run in the second half beating the offside trap then whipping it in back post
the skill at the byline to skin a player then run at ian black and skin him with ease - reminded me of scott browns run against gers for sproules goal

Got all the attributes to be a top player. What impressed me the most about him last night was how many times he won the ball, wether it was a tackle, reading the game well and intercepting or whatever, he often won the ball.

Hibstrooper
30-09-2014, 04:17 PM
On the flip side, what has happened to Dean Shiels? I don't think he even touched the ball last night and seems to be a shadow of the player he was.

It's almost a shame as I really liked him at Hibs however seems to be happy picking up his £Xk per week and just coasting through the rest of his career.

TheFamous1875
30-09-2014, 04:29 PM
On the flip side, what has happened to Dean Shiels? I don't think he even touched the ball last night and seems to be a shadow of the player he was.

It's almost a shame as I really liked him at Hibs however seems to be happy picking up his £Xk per week and just coasting through the rest of his career.

He was 'in the hole' against a back five and a tight midfield three. He'd been left out to dry by McCosit's 'tactics'.

Along with his teammates his career peaked the second before he signed for them. Shiels was a great player and was even better at Killie than he was at Hibs. He'd matured, commanded and imposed his skill onto oppositions. I was truly gutted for him when he signed for Sevco after seeing him do so well at Killie (you don't get nominated for the league's Player of the Year and a League Cup winners medal for being pish).

Of course I would've preferred for him to have done this at Hibs as in my opinion he was on the cusp of making a big step and becoming our star player, but his worst decision (along with all of them who signed for them) was ever considering going to Sevco. I suppose being a boyhood fan and his club being in need you can't really blame him. I hope he kicks on post Rangers, but I can't see it. If he's not already left, then I can't see him going onto anything better.

West hamBERNIAN
30-09-2014, 05:42 PM
Thought Forster was the best of the back three. Was tremendous and could have scored. Couldn't fault anybody. Have to say Oxley was quality as well and would have saved there goal were it not for deflection. Just need to keep it going.

Pretty Boy
30-09-2014, 05:47 PM
He was 'in the hole' against a back five and a tight midfield three. He'd been left out to dry by McCosit's 'tactics'.

Along with his teammates his career peaked the second before he signed for them. Shiels was a great player and was even better at Killie than he was at Hibs. He'd matured, commanded and imposed his skill onto oppositions. I was truly gutted for him when he signed for Sevco after seeing him do so well at Killie (you don't get nominated for the league's Player of the Year and a League Cup winners medal for being pish).

Of course I would've preferred for him to have done this at Hibs as in my opinion he was on the cusp of making a big step and becoming our star player, but his worst decision (along with all of them who signed for them) was ever considering going to Sevco. I suppose being a boyhood fan and his club being in need you can't really blame him. I hope he kicks on post Rangers, but I can't see it. If he's not already left, then I can't see him going onto anything better.

Yep.

Lee Wallace is another one. Much as I dislike any Hearts player he had all the attributes to be a top left back. He really should be playing in England and a regular for Scotland. Instead at 27 he's struggling away in the Scottish 2nd tier with a few quid in the bank and a couple of worthless medals in the cabinet.

No sympathy for any of them who sold their careers for cash. They made the decision they can live with it.

Purehibee_MYB
30-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Yep.

Lee Wallace is another one. Much as I dislike any Hearts player he had all the attributes to be a top left back. He really should be playing in England and a regular for Scotland. Instead at 27 he's struggling away in the Scottish 2nd tier with a few quid in the bank and a couple of worthless medals in the cabinet.

No sympathy for any of them who sold their careers for cash. They made the decision they can live with it.

Jeez, he's 27?? He made a terrible choice

HibbyAndy
30-09-2014, 06:01 PM

That's a tremendous post and agree with everything you say.

I always liked Deano he showed bags and bags of heart at Hibs and chipped in with many goals and he genuinely cared for the club, Outstanding at Killie like you say and was gutted when he signed for them.

One of my favourite players was Shiels, Always remember his winner at the pink bus shelter.

Northernhibee
30-09-2014, 07:02 PM
I'd be tempted to say that unless Fat Sally somehow gets Sevco promoted this year the likes of Shiels and that will never play Scottish Premier level again. Sevco have ruined a good bunch of players.