PDA

View Full Version : Did I hear right ?

Septimus
30-09-2014, 06:04 AM
I think that I heard that Lewis Stevenson was made MoM last night. Thanks Lewis. You played a blinder.

Gatecrasher
30-09-2014, 06:08 AM
Yep he played great along with setting up 2 goals.

bingo70
30-09-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm normally one of his biggest critics but I thought he was excellent last night.

Don't think he's a particularly good midfielder, he's ok at left back, Maybe wing back is his position, certainly on last night's showing it is.

KeithTheHibby
30-09-2014, 06:43 AM
His tackle on trophy Heid Templeton which led to the Harris chance had the Huns in uproar. Belter of a challenge and totally fair. I did worry when he went to right back however he performed just as well.

Well done Lewis on a night when the whole team performed.

Hibs7
30-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Wing back seems to be his favourite position and he plays really well there . . That is 3 assists from that position .. Long may it continue .. Great game last night especially after having to play in 2 different positions.. Well done Lewis ..!!

SlickShoes
30-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Lewis was fantastic, great to see him finally have decent delivery in to the box, that's 3 assists in 2 games now

Forza Fred
30-09-2014, 07:20 AM
Really can't understand why he gets so much stick on here:confused:

TowerHibs
30-09-2014, 07:30 AM

Neither do I

scoopyboy
30-09-2014, 07:40 AM

Honest answer is because for me he doesn't do it regularly enough.

He was excellent last night and three assists in two games is tremendous.

If he keeps that standard up then I am sure he won't get any stick.

TowerHibs
30-09-2014, 07:44 AM
Honest answer is because for me he doesn't do it regularly enough.

He was excellent last night and three assists in two games is tremendous.

If he keeps that standard up then I am sure he won't get any stick.
I don't think he plays to that level every week, no. But he certainly does not let you down any other time he plays. He is a 6/7 out of ten with an occasional 9.

Any better than that, he wouldn't be at hibs.

PeterboroHibee
30-09-2014, 07:44 AM
He was excellent last night. I like Stevenson, but even Ive been a bit surprised how well hes taken to the role of wing back.

Id say based on the last two games, him and Gray are arguably two of our most important players, and you could see the effect it had on our game Gray going off and Stevenson having to shift over to the right.

bingo70
30-09-2014, 07:54 AM

He doesn't get much stick on here.

Every time he plays well people come on going over the top with their praise, there's a minority of people, me being one of them that say he wasnae that good and it turns into an argument with people on both sides going over the top with praise or criticism.

Last night he is fully deserving of all the praise he gets so lets just let him take that praise without trying to provoke folk into funding faults with his ability.

The_Exile
30-09-2014, 08:07 AM
I've always said Lewis is a victim of his own versatility, he's solid in a variety of positions. Every manager would love a player like him in their squad. It's no coincidence he's the longest serving player and survived all the squad 're-builds'.

bingo70
30-09-2014, 08:10 AM
I've always said Lewis is a victim of his own versatility, he's solid in a variety of positions. Every manager would love a player like him in their squad. It's no coincidence he's the longest serving player and survived all the squad 're-builds'.

Will be a shame for him if he's shifted to right wing back if Gray is out injured for the weekend.

Regarding your point, I agree to an extent although there's also the argument his versatility possibly helped him get new deals when he wasn't forcing his way into being a first team regular.