PDA

View Full Version : Robertson and Craig

hibees 7062
29-09-2014, 11:03 PM
Thought they done well tonight :duck:

B.H.F.C
29-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Credit where it's due. Craig has reacted well since he got back in to the team. Their quality on the ball needs to be better, especially Robertson IMO, but they both put a real shift in.

Need them to start chipping in with a few goals now.

GreenLake
29-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Credit where it's due. Craig has reacted well since he got back in to the team. Their quality on the ball needs to be better, especially Robertson IMO, but they both put a real shift in.

Need them to start chipping in with a few goals now.

Craig put a lot of challenges in and won a fair few of them. This is a good start to him making amends and I will change my view of him if he keeps it up for a few more games.

Dunbar Hibee
29-09-2014, 11:36 PM
Liam Craig was really good tonight. Keep it up and be the player we all know you can be.

Juice-Terry
29-09-2014, 11:46 PM
Robertson was poor AGAIN. Sorry.

BoomtownHibees
29-09-2014, 11:50 PM

No he wasn't

Tollhouse Hibee
30-09-2014, 01:58 AM
Very positive as I thought Robertson was starting to run out of chances. Stubbs obviously sees something in training

HoboHarry
30-09-2014, 02:00 AM

:blah:

3pm
30-09-2014, 06:13 AM

I can't stand Robertson. Even I'd admit he had a very good game.

erin-go-bragh87
30-09-2014, 06:49 AM
No he wasn't

He definitely was.

GlesgaeHibby
30-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Don't rate Craig but thought he was tremendous last night. Worked hard, won a lot of headers and challenges, and released a number of quick accurate passes to keep tempo up.

Dinkydoo
30-09-2014, 07:25 AM
I was impressed by Craig but I felt Robertson was a bit of a liability again. We won at Ibrox though so who actually cares!

BoomtownHibees
30-09-2014, 07:28 AM
He definitely was.

Baws

Not In The Know
30-09-2014, 07:50 AM
They both did ok at bombing around the middle closing players down. But still don't have the composure to distribute the ball in that position.

i think Stubbs is realising this and needs Allan to do the creative work.

Compare craig and Robertson to gomis and bauben and you see my point. They can tackle and pass. Take them out the hearts team and they are no better than us. If anything we could be slightly stronger.

smithy_hibees
30-09-2014, 08:22 AM
Craig was outstanding, stubbs given him kick up arse needed? Hope so, let's see how he does on Saturday

heretoday
30-09-2014, 08:32 AM
I don't rate either of them, even after last night.

flash
30-09-2014, 08:35 AM
I don't rate either of them, even after last night.

Was it really worth logging on to share that with us?

Brightside
30-09-2014, 09:35 AM
I thought Allan was much better in the more forward of the midfield.

blackpoolhibs
30-09-2014, 09:38 AM
Can't understand how anyone can say either had a bad game last night, both did their jobs effectively and played to the standard we all want? :confused:

Billychaotic182
30-09-2014, 09:40 AM

You have just proved that some fans will never give a player a chance. Robertson and Craig played exceptionally well. As did the whole team in fact. I said on another forum that Booth should play over Stevenson as Lewis doesn't have the attributes to be a wing back where booth does. 4 assists later I admit I was very very wrong. Why can't you do the same for Robertson? Does he have to score 6 goals against hearts just to get pass marks lol?

southern hibby
30-09-2014, 09:42 AM
Allen to me was outstanding however I feel this took a lot of pressure of Craig which allowed him to go and do a job for us last night.

GGTTH

jdships
30-09-2014, 09:49 AM
This was a 100% "team performance" IMHO
The two wing backs Lewis and Gray put the Rangers defence under so much pressure from about 15 minutes in that our midfield were allowed room to " move" and they took it : R/C/A all played well !!

"A good night at the office " for all concerned :thumbsup:

JimBHibees
30-09-2014, 09:59 AM
Can't understand how anyone can say either had a bad game last night, both did their jobs effectively and played to the standard we all want? :confused:

Yep no failures last night at all. Recently there have been loads of times to have a pop at a player last night was nowhere near being one of them. Enjoy the win, great performance.

green.and.white
30-09-2014, 10:06 AM
Their confidence still isn't that high so they did really well considering. Allan was good too, all 3 have given Stubbs a tough decision when McGeouch gets back from suspension

J-C
30-09-2014, 10:23 AM
Robertson has a good engine that is needed in a combative midfield and Craig was doing less pointing and shouting and more just getting stuck in, much improved keep it up.

Unseen work
30-09-2014, 10:25 AM
2 problems with Robertson

His first touch is always heavy
His pass is always under hit

Puts us under alot of pressure in tight situations. Can't knock the guys commitment though, works his socks off, full of heart

Smartie
30-09-2014, 10:34 AM
The main thing that struck me about Robertson last night was the number of defensive headers he won. The Rangers were pretty direct at times but it didn't even get past Robertson and Craig most of the time who did a cracking job of protecting the back 3 - a job that they have often struggled to do in the past.

Keith_M
30-09-2014, 11:03 AM
Compare craig and Robertson to gomis and bauben and you see my point. They can tackle and pass. Take them out the Hearts team and they are no better than us. If anything we could be slightly stronger.

And so we should be, if we're playing against nine men

:wink:

Juice-Terry
30-09-2014, 11:20 AM
You have just proved that some fans will never give a player a chance. Robertson and Craig played exceptionally well. As did the whole team in fact. I said on another forum that Booth should play over Stevenson as Lewis doesn't have the attributes to be a wing back where booth does. 4 assists later I admit I was very very wrong. Why can't you do the same for Robertson? Does he have to score 6 goals against hearts just to get pass marks lol?

Of course I would like to see Robertson (and everyone else) play well, and I'm confident that he is a good player. Although yesterday was his best performance in quite a while, I still think he's poor - compared to what he's actually capable of.

Brightside
30-09-2014, 11:52 AM

I think Booth showed last night why Stevenson is first pick. Booth still has lots to laern about keeping shape and make the right decisions.

Aldo
30-09-2014, 04:03 PM
I think Booth showed last night why Stevenson is first pick. Booth still has lots to laern about keeping shape and make the right decisions.

Spookily just posted that on another thread.

Booth took too many touches at times last nite and was caught in possession. Booth will have to improve a fair bit if he's to oust Lewis. Flawless last night and his well timed ' blootering' of Templeton was a joy to watch. Well deserved MOTM.

Unseen work
30-09-2014, 04:06 PM

Booth took too many touches at times last nite and was caught in possession. Booth will have to improve a fair bit if he's to oust Lewis. Flawless last night and his well timed ' blootering' of Templeton was a joy to watch. Well deserved MOTM.

was a belter of a tackle! almost as good as the one black recieved from cummings:greengrin

Aldo
30-09-2014, 04:09 PM
was a belter of a tackle! almost as good as the one black recieved from cummings:greengrin

Aye it was.

Winston Ingram
30-09-2014, 04:25 PM

:confused:

ancient hibee
30-09-2014, 05:23 PM
Stubbs is showing what he's made of by getting over to players what they have to do if they want a game.While this appears obvious it has been sadly lacking at Easter Road for a long time.

hibees 7062
30-09-2014, 05:56 PM

Should have burst the net rather than taking to many touches at the end

Aldo
30-09-2014, 05:57 PM
Should have burst the net rather than taking to many touches at the end

He did but then that's a confidence thing tbh. He's got a hard job IMHO ousting Lewis if he continues to perform as he has been.